PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel + Drive sim?

ThePoz
03-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Wifey (26) never got her license. Well she wants to get it now and with me working during most of daylight hours and snowstorms, 2-3 hours practice a week in a car isn't enough for her.

I'm looking for recommendations on fairly inexpensive steering and pedal combo controllers (because she'll probably lose interest in a week or two) that functions like an actual steering wheel and not some 8in plastic wheel that'll make a right turn by turning the wheel to 3 oclock. Budget: $50 to 160

Also any recommendations for a driving game where road rules are obeyed? GTA V AI is pretty dumb. PC/PS3/PS4 -- although PC would be best for chair + steering wheel + pedal combo

ty te amo.

LargePeter
03-07-2018, 03:43 AM
Its illegal for women to drive, but I can understand allowing her to play a video game after her chores are done.

monica

Your misc career is off to a fine start!

raunchybrah
03-07-2018, 04:29 AM
Thrustmaster T150 has 1080deg steering lock (pro maybe has a clutch too), or the TMX has 900deg, you might be able to find it on sale for your budget otherwise maybe look for a used one cause heaps of people use them a few times then get bored. If used you can also look at Logitech G27 etc for 900deg rotation + a clutch. If she gets comfortable driving in a racing game so it becomes second nature then learning road rules is easy.

bpagonis
03-07-2018, 05:22 AM
Just send her to the arcade with a roll of quarters and tell her to play all the games with a steering wheel.