PDA

View Full Version : New report: California ranked DEAD LAST in quality of life

recedingjaw
03-03-2018, 09:42 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/01/california-ranks-last-quality-life-new-report/384853002/

Big driver is high cost of living which stems from liberal policies (green regulations stifling growth, high taxes, high minimum wage, etc.) and unfettered immigration.

~Hades~
03-03-2018, 09:44 AM
We can only assume that it’s dead last for us citizens and highest quality of life for illegal aliens.

recedingjaw
03-03-2018, 09:49 AM
We can only assume that it’s dead last for us citizens and highest quality of life for illegal aliens.
Of course. Need those future votes once dems craft a way to make them citizens.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 10:00 AM
California is great.

If it's so bad, why is our economy EXPLODING?

California is great now. 10 years ago, under Republican rule, California was on the brink of death. Thanks to liberals California has hit a new renaissance.

recedingjaw
03-03-2018, 10:04 AM
California is great.

California is great now. 10 years ago, under Republican rule, California was on the brink of death. Thanks to liberals California has hit a new renaissance.
The trolling isn't funny anymore man. I used to like your style but you need to change it up. You used to be green because you put effort into it. Now it's just trash.

InstantLoser
03-03-2018, 10:08 AM
California is great.

If by renaissance you mean mass exodus of business owners who don't want to be taxed into oblivion, then yeah.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 10:08 AM
The trolling isn't funny anymore man. I used to like your style but you need to change it up. You used to be green because you put effort into it. Now it's just trash.

Texas and Indiana are in the bottom five as well.

They're Republican.

California is doing just fine. Just because you don't like Mexicans doesn't mean it's awful.

California is the world's sixth largest economy. San Francisco frequently ranks as one of the best cities in the world. Our crime rate is at a 50 year low. If our state is so bad for business, why do we have a ton of start ups and big businesses here? Apple, the world's largest company is located in Cupertino. Alphabet/Google, also in California.

Compare this to when Republicans were running California, our state hit rock bottom.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 10:16 AM
California leads the nation in GDP growth: http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-california-econ-growth-20160722-snap-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/resizer/dKKKEmun8lAAYDt1r2afZPYikes=/1400x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/J3VSUM4NRJBVBNW74WIOBRNAZU.png

According to Trumpers, this is the ultimate evidence of an economy working.

California is home to Chevron, Apple, Amgen, Disney, Tesla, McKesson, Kaiser Permanente, Wells Fargo, Northrop Grumman, Intel, Google/Alphabet, Gap, Levi's, Visa, Matell, Clorox, Oracle, Qualcomm, etc. etc.

Not bad for a state that is supposed to be bad for business!

bartosh
03-03-2018, 10:24 AM
This was posted in the misc. the fact that Mississippi, north/South Dakota being rated so high kind of invalidates that survey.

If you have a good career/income, California is a great place to live. If you don’t, it sucks here.

I live in San Diego. I have beaches, forests, desserts, snowy mountains all easily available. I have Disneyland, legoland, 6 flags, Knott’s Berry Farm, sea world, the San Diego wild animal park and zoo (best reserve in the world). Great food, great hikes/trails/scenery, etc.

HerrPeterson
03-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Idk what it’s rankings are and I don’t care. Don’t think I could ever live there. Too many hippies, pinkos, feminazis, vegans and stoners. No thank you.

recedingjaw
03-03-2018, 10:28 AM
This was posted in the misc. the fact that Mississippi, north/South Dakota being rated so high kind of invalidates that survey.

If you have a good career, California is the best place to live. If you don’t, it sucks here.

I live in San Diego. I have beaches, forests, desserts, snowy mountains all easily available. I have Disneyland, legoland, 6 flags, Knott’s Berry Farm, sea world, the San Diego wild animal park and zoo (best reserve in the world).
That's fair. I think quality of life can be subjective and depends on a number of factors. Biggest complaint for people who are leaving california is the high cost of living though. I guess if you're banking it in tech making over $150k you'll be pretty happy. Also depends on where in California (e.g. san Francisco bay area extremely high cost of living)

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 10:30 AM

If you have a good career/income, California is the best place to live. If you don’t, it sucks here.

I live in San Diego. I have beaches, forests, desserts, snowy mountains all easily available. I have Disneyland, legoland, 6 flags, Knott’s Berry Farm, sea world, the San Diego wild animal park and zoo (best reserve in the world).

The OP is from North Carolina too. North Carolina is becoming a great state due to becoming more Democratic. Charlotte is becoming a technological and health hub due to all the liberals moving there.

North Carolina in the future is going to be a great state and it's all due to liberals.

North Dakota is OK though.

Steve707
03-03-2018, 10:48 AM
California is great.

You mean right after Gray Davis, the democrat? Arnold wasnt in very long. California sucks. When you go to other states the people are nicer and the roads are way better. The only thing we have here is the pay and you can be snowboarding the morning and surfing in the afternoon.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 10:59 AM
You mean right after Gray Davis, the democrat? Arnold wasnt in very long. California sucks. When you go to other states the people are nicer and the roads are way better. The only thing we have here is the pay and you can be snowboarding the morning and surfing in the afternoon.

We also have some of the best restaurants in the world.

We have multiple theme parks - Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Seaworld, etc. etc.

We have Hollywood.

We have Silicon Valley.

We have the best weather on the planet (though you kind of touched on this with beaches/mountains).

We have tourist attractions like Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatrez, Hollywood sign/walk of fame, Lombard Street, Santa Monica Pier, China Town, etc. etc.

We have incredible zoos and aquariums such as the L.A. Zoo, the San Diego Zoo (best zoo on the planet), the Monterey Bay aquarium (top 10 aquarium on the planet), etc. etc.

We have phenomenal art museums and natural history museums like the LACMA, J. Paul Getty Museum, San Fransisco Art Museum, Park La Brea, etc. etc. We also have badass niche museums like the Museum of Death and the Hollywood Museum.

We have incredible nature such as beaches/mountains as you mentioned, but also parks (like Redwood and Yosemite), deserts (Death Valley!), and lakes, Wine Country, and so much more.

We are home to dozens of Fortune 500 companies including Apple, McKesson, Gap, Google, Chevron, etc. etc.

We have some of the richest cities/areas in Santa Barbara, Malibu, Laguna Beach, La Jolla San Diego, Beverly Hills, Palo Alto, etc. etc. The closest the east coast has to compare are the Hamptons and Upper East Side NYC, but even then none compare to Beverly Hills or Malibu.

We have some of the most popular cities on the planet - Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Oakland, etc. etc.

But yeah you're right what does California REALLY have aside from surfing and snowboarding? Lol!

Steve707
03-03-2018, 11:00 AM

We have multiple theme parks - Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Seaworld, etc. etc.

We have Hollywood.

We have Silicon Valley.

We have the best weather on the planet (though you kind of touched on this with beaches/mountains).

We have tourist attractions like Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatrez, Hollywood sign/walk of fame, Lombard Street, Santa Monica Pier, China Town, etc. etc.

We have incredible zoos and aquariums such as the L.A. Zoo, the San Diego Zoo (best zoo on the planet), the Monterey Bay aquarium (top 10 aquarium on the planet), etc. etc.

We have phenomenal art museums and natural history museums.

We have incredible nature such as beaches/mountains as you mentioned, but also parks (like Redwood and Yosemite), deserts (Death Valley!), and lakes, Wine Country, and so much more.

We are home to dozens of Fortune 500 companies including Apple, McKesson, Gap, Google, Chevron, etc. etc.

We have some of the richest cities/areas in Santa Barbara, Malibu, Beverly Hills, Palo Alto, etc. etc. The closest the east coast has to compare are the Hamptons and Upper East Side NYC, but even then none compare to Beverly Hills or Malibu.

We have some of the most popular cities on the planet - Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, San Jose, Oakland, etc. etc.

But yeah you're right what does California REALLY have aside from surfing and snowboarding? Lol!
All these things, and yet the people are miserable.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 11:08 AM

We are? I'm not aware of that.

You are, but diversity is our strength.

Steve707
03-03-2018, 11:21 AM
We are? I'm not aware of that.

You are, but diversity is our strength.
You must be the kind of person that just looks down at his phone as he walks down the street. You should try looking up, nobody makes eye contact, nobody smiles, says hello, nothing.

Bushmaster
03-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Wait for it....

Getting a little closer...

We have Hollywood.

Almost there...

We have Silicon Valley.

And here we are! Drum roll please... :D

ROFLMFAO!!!

https://i.imgur.com/uEQGrhS.gif

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 11:28 AM
You must be the kind of person that just looks down at his phone as he walks down the street. You should try looking up, nobody makes eye contact, nobody smiles, says hello, nothing.

That's mostly everywhere these days, not just California.

And most Californians are friendly. Latino immigrants are some of the friendliest people in the country. Asian immigrants I do admit can be unfriendly but the 2nd generation are more social.

My biggest problem with L.A. is the lack of a real downtown. We have 6 skyscrapers, and a bunch of strip malls. Now I know why we don't have a trillion Empire State Buildings or Sears Towers hanging around, but it's still lame. We are FINALLY starting to get some real skyscrapers though, so hopefully one day our skyline won't look like it came straight out of 1991.

Downtown L.A. has also improved dramatically since the 70s/80s/90s/early 00s. It's still terrible, but now the terrible areas are more segregated.

With earthquake technology improving, perhaps San Francisco will rival Manhattan soon.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Wait for it....

Getting a little closer...

Almost there...

And here we are! Drum roll please... :D

ROFLMFAO!!!

https://i.imgur.com/u rhS.gif

What's so funny?

Silicon Valley is great. I bet you're using tons of Silicon Valley products daily. I also assume you watch TV and movies or listen to music.

Which area has better weather than Southern California? Maybe some areas on the Mediterranean and that's it.

Bushmaster
03-03-2018, 11:52 AM
What's so funny?

Three things..

1) How enraged liberals get whenever somebody says anything about california lol.

2) How you all brag about Silicon Valley - even though not a single one of you Hillary loving fruits work there.

3) How you always brag about the fuking weather. It absolutely never fails lol.. Ever.

Peter Ruby
03-03-2018, 11:56 AM
The OP states that quality of life sucks in California. Nolibs starts yammering about businesses. Ok den.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Three things..

1) How enraged liberals get whenever somebody says anything about california lol.

2) How you all brag about Silicon Valley - even though not a single one of you Hillary loving fruits work there.

3) How you always brag about the fuking weather. It absolutely never fails lol.. Ever.

About 2 - what? Silicon Valley is the most liberal part of the USA. It's not South Carolina that is the beacon of technology LOL.

And it's nice to have great weather. We don't have to plan to do outside activities - we just do them. We don't get constant rain or snow or humidity.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 12:09 PM
The OP states that quality of life sucks in California. Nolibs starts yammering about businesses. Ok den.

There's one problem: Quality of life doesnt suck in California.

A lot of Republicans try to state California is "bad for business."

Bushmaster
03-03-2018, 12:11 PM
About 2 - what? Silicon Valley is the most liberal part of the USA. It's not South Carolina that is the beacon of technology LOL.

Lol you don't work there, so wtf are you even bragging about?

And it's nice to have great weather.

Agreed.. 65F here today without a cloud in the sky. Lots of places have nice weather bro. Difference is only you cali fruits sit around stroking your cocks over it lol.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Lol you don't work there, so wtf are you even bragging about?

Agreed.. 65F here today without a cloud in the sky. Lots of places have nice weather bro. Difference is only you cali fruits sit around stroking your cocks over it lol.

I don't, but my brother works for Google and he's a proud Clinton supporter. Funny that California is so bad yet we are the 6th largest economy, and we have the highest GDP growth.

Quality of life USED to be bad in California, when Republicans were running things. I remember our Republican Governor putting us into a deficit of massive proportions. Jerry Brown thankfully brought us out of that and now we are the best state in the union once again.

We do everything Republicans are against - we tax more, we love immigrants, etc. etc. Result? The strongest economy in the USA. Compare this to Louisiana and Kansas which are suffering due to GOP policies. Louisiana will make a comeback though with Democrats running things.

South Carolina gets more rain in 3 months than Southern California does all year. Our weather is unlike anywhere else on the planet outside of the Mediterranean. It is a worthy bragging point. We don't get any rain for like 6 months of the year and it's great. Rain is stupid.

Bushmaster
03-03-2018, 12:21 PM
I don't, but my brother works for Google and he's a proud Clinton supporter. Funny that California is so bad yet we are the 6th largest economy, and we have the highest GDP growth.

Quality of life USED to be bad in California, when Republicans were running things. I remember our Republican Governor putting us into a deficit of massive proportions. Jerry Brown thankfully brought us out of that and now we are the best state in the union once again.

We do everything Republicans are against - we tax more, we love immigrants, etc. etc. Result? The strongest economy in the USA. Compare this to Louisiana and Kansas which are suffering due to GOP policies. Louisiana will make a comeback though with Democrats running things.

South Carolina gets more rain in 3 months than Southern California does all year. Our weather is unlike anywhere else on the planet outside of the Mediterranean. It is a worthy bragging point. We don't get any rain for like 6 months of the year and it's great. Rain is stupid.

Wow! You liberals sure care about the climate! :eek:

Weather lol..

https://i.imgur.com/uEQGrhS.gif

TaeBoNinja
03-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Yes yes, quality of life is horrible out here. Please don't come to CA, it's sucks. Also, keep telling liberals this so they move to your states.

I see #1 is North Dakota, #2 is Minnesota, and #3 is Wisconsin........been waiting to leave CA for one of these states for years. Finally have incentive.

Peter Ruby
03-03-2018, 12:26 PM
There's one problem: Quality of life doesnt suck in California.

A lot of Republicans try to state California is "bad for business."

I guess that's the reason you guys are leaving in droves to Texas, Colorado, Arizona, etc. Try again.

sawoobley
03-03-2018, 12:27 PM
I am pretty sure the weather wasn’t included in determining the quality of life or the mountains, deserts or beaches. Good grief.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Wow! You liberals sure care about the climate! :eek:

Weather lol..

[img]https://i.imgur.com g]

It's actually a legit great benefit. We don't have to worry about thunderstorms or anything stupid like that. We don't get all those weird insects and snakes also. It's way better than Florida or Massachusetts' weather.

Then we got Silicon Valley, Hollywood, museums, zoos, mountains, beaches, etc. etc.

California is better off without right wingers. There's a reason that liberal areas are the best places in the world. South Carolina is most known for being racist lol. California is known for success and fame.

I'd rather live near smart people than Southern "muh Bible" people.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 12:31 PM
I guess that's the reason you guys are leaving in droves to Texas, Colorado, Arizona, etc. Try again.

Texas is basically California outside the rural areas. Dallas is less white percentage wise than Los Angeles.

Texas is going to be blue within a decade. Thank goodness - GOP policies never work.

Californians are making Colorado, Arizona and Texas great again.

California does have one huge problem - housing prices. But that's because it's so damn great to live here. There's a reason a house is so cheap in South Carolina - who the hell wants to live there?

Bushmaster
03-03-2018, 12:31 PM
It's actually a legit great benefit. We don't have to worry about thunderstorms or anything stupid like that. We don't get all those weird insects and snakes also. It's way better than Florida or Massachusetts' weather.

Then we got Silicon Valley, Hollywood, museums, zoos, mountains, beaches, etc. etc.

California is better off without right wingers. There's a reason that liberal areas are the best places in the world. South Carolina is most known for being racist lol. California is known for success and fame.

I'd rather live near smart people than Southern "muh Bible" people.

And when the ad homs start then I know the attempt to get under his skin was successful. :D

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 12:33 PM
I am pretty sure the weather wasn’t included in determining the quality of life or the mountains, deserts or beaches. Good grief.

I love how California makes Republicans so triggered.

And weather and geography has a ton to do with quality of life.

This "survey" says Mississippi has great quality of life. Nuff said!

BadMonkeyFunker
03-03-2018, 12:37 PM
MUHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

go live in North Dakota then... HAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAH

byeeeee!!!!!

LMFAO!

TaeBoNinja
03-03-2018, 12:38 PM
California exports its poor to Texas, other states, while wealthier people move in
http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article136478098.html

We're not sending our best. Basically, the poor are being priced out, and they move to other states for the lower cost of living. I for one, welcome them to move to these other states for their high "quality of life"....lol.

https://media.tenor.com/images/8e9c20cb491e31358b5b91029d89ccc8/tenor.gif

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 12:38 PM
And when the ad homs start then I know the attempt to get under his skin was successful. :D

Your opinions are based on emotion, that's why. Not facts.

You started with the ad hominem attacks (isn't that word too big for you?).

I love how California gets Republicans so triggered. Same with Canada.

Canada, California >>>> Republican hell holes. Thankfully with regards to the Carolinas, liberals are moving there en masse. North Carolina is going to be a great state soon. Democrats have transformed the Charlotte area into a world class city. In fact, the only reason NC remains Republican is because of Republican gerrymandering and illegal voting suppression.

South Carolina will be made great again soon - it will take longer, but I see it turning Democrat by the 30s.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention our incredible higher education. Stanford, UC Berkeley, USC, UCLA, UCSB, UC Davis, UC Irvine, Cal Tech, Pepperdine, our Cal State system, etc. etc.

Bushmaster
03-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Canada, California >>>> Republican hell holes. Thankfully with regards to the Carolinas, liberals are moving there en masse..

Why aren't they moving to California? After all.. silicon valley and weather! :confused:

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Why aren't they moving to California? After all.. silicon valley and weather! :confused:

We are getting a ton of people moving here. We are the most populated state after all. If anything California is pretty nice. We should have waaaayyyy more Electoral Votes.

You keep making fun of Silicon Valley, yet you use their products on the daily. If you use an Android or an iPhone guess what? Those are Silicon Valley products. Facebook - Silicon Valley. Snapchat - Silicon Valley. Twitter - Silicon Valley.

Thank leftists for almost all of your daily life. On the other hand, who cares about flyover America? I can't remember the last time a Republican made the world a better place, but I can think of a time when leftists have.

Bushmaster
03-03-2018, 12:56 PM
You keep making fun of Silicon Valley,

Actually no, I don't. I'm making fun of idiots like you who brag about it lol.

Vitamin0
03-03-2018, 12:56 PM
If by renaissance you mean mass exodus of business owners who don't want to be taxed into oblivion, then yeah.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Actually no, I don't. I'm making fun of idiots like you who brag about it lol.

*Complains about ad hominems*

*Calls someone an idiot "bragging about it"*

And yes, I will brag about it. California >>>> any other state in the Union.

Woogiefied
03-03-2018, 01:08 PM
With earthquake technology improving, perhaps San Francisco will rival Manhattan soon.

Is Manhattan the homeless capital of the world? I've lived here in CA for my entire life and SF smells like a damn third world country. All of what you say is true, 6th biggest economy yet can't even afford medicare for all or solve the homeless problem. They could literally tmw pass legislature that would solve for both with the majority of congress democrats, they just choose not to.

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Is Manhattan the homeless capital of the world? I've lived here in CA for my entire life and SF smells like a damn third world country. All of what you say is true, 6th biggest economy yet can't even afford medicare for all or solve the homeless problem. They could literally tmw pass legislature that would solve for both with the majority of congress democrats, they just choose not to.

Lol what? San Francisco is awesome. In fact, I was just there a couple weeks ago visiting my Silicon Valley working brother:

https://i.imgur.com/cRCzPBa.jpg

San Francisco has a high quality of life, low crime, and is a great city.

In fact, it ranked number 1 in quality of life: https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/real-estate/2016/03/san-francisco-quality-of-life-ranking.html

San Francisco has a huge problem with housing costs, but that's because it's so great.

Republicans SO want to make "California sucks" a thing, but the only time it has sucked is when it was under Republican rule. Jerry Brown and Democrats have brought California back from the brink.

Woogiefied
03-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Lol what? San Francisco is awesome. In fact, I was just there a couple weeks ago visiting my Silicon Valley working brother:

In fact, it ranked number 1 in quality of life: https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/real-estate/2016/03/san-francisco-quality-of-life-ranking.html

San Francisco has a huge problem with housing costs, but that's because it's so great.

Republicans SO want to make "California sucks" a thing, but the only time it has sucked is when it was under Republican rule. Jerry Brown and Democrats have brought California back from the brink.

Come on bruh, you can try and sell that chit to someone who knows nothing about living, owning a business or having raised a family here. We are taxed more than any state in the union, especially business wise. We have absolutely horrible infrastructure, you can't even say this isn't true, yet we are hit almost every year with a new supposed "gas tax" for roads. I live about 45 minutes from SF and the amount of BATs living here is insane, you have neighborhoods with 400k homes that look abandoned because the people living in them are never home.

I love the weather and the ability to enjoy the mountains, ocean and nature all in the same day, but the bureaucracy of this state wears on you, especially if you have strong roots and aren't just here to make a quick buck and move out.

lildave
03-03-2018, 01:46 PM

Those buildings look completely poverty...

Aircommander91
03-03-2018, 01:47 PM
who could have foreseen that communism leads to empoverishment of the population?!

x-trainer ben
03-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Is us news and world reports a non fake news site/magazine? I wouldn't want to believe them if the conservatives running the r and p sub forum say they are not qualified to claim anything because they lean to the left in any way shape or form. :)

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 02:05 PM
We are taxed more than any state in the union, especially business wise.

Thank god.

Remember under our idiot Republican governor our deficit went through the roof? Our economy is booming because of Brown's economic policies, and I hope he continues them lest we end up like Kansas.

Woogiefied
03-03-2018, 02:09 PM
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/state/california/article201896909.html

You mean more people leaving California than moving in?

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 02:18 PM
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/state/california/article201896909.html

You mean more people leaving California than moving in?

That's because of our housing prices.

The state is so great that housing prices are going through the roof.

You can have our poor and uneducated people lol. They'll fit well in states like Texas and South Carolina.

By contrast, those moving into the state most frequently were older than 65 (though certain states provided large numbers of 18- to 35-year-olds), well-educated (graduate degree or higher) and wealthier ($110,000 a year or more).

Of course wealthy and smart people want to move to California. We're the best!

“Net out-migration from 1990 to 2006 was, on average, more than double what it was in the most recent 10 years,” the report found.

From 1990-2006, we had mostly Republican governors (Wilson and Schwarzenegger). Now that we have Democrats running things we're doing great.

Quit trying make "California sucks!" happen. It's not going to happen. Democrats WON. Liberals WON.

Woogiefied
03-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Where about in CA do you reside? What is your occupation?

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Where about in CA do you reside? What is your occupation?

Long Beach, CA. Super nice area. Diverse. IN N OUT next door. Best Thai restaurant in the world down the street.

Doing just fine. To be honest, from the 80s to early 00s, the place did suck. But since Brown we have improved dramatically. Total transformation.

10 years ago I thought this state was dead in the water.

Dave22reborn
03-03-2018, 02:32 PM

We have Hollywood.

We have Silicon Valley.

We have phenomenal art museums and natural history museums like the LACMA, J. Paul Getty Museum, San Fransisco Art Museum, Park La Brea, etc. etc. We also have badass niche museums like the Museum of Death and the Hollywood Museum.

We have some of the richest cities/areas in Santa Barbara, Malibu, Laguna Beach, La Jolla San Diego, Beverly Hills, Palo Alto, etc. etc. The closest the east coast has to compare are the Hamptons and Upper East Side NYC, but even then none compare to Beverly Hills or Malibu.

What is thus "we" crap?

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 02:33 PM
What is we crap?

Californians.

California does have one major problem - housing prices. But that's because we are so great.

Bushmaster
03-03-2018, 03:18 PM

Because nowhere else has museums, zoos, mountains, or beaches lol. You're trying too hard bro.. makes you sound desperate.

rampagefc77
03-03-2018, 03:43 PM

If you have a good career/income, California is a great place to live. If you don’t, it sucks here.

I live in San Diego. I have beaches, forests, desserts, snowy mountains all easily available. I have Disneyland, legoland, 6 flags, Knott’s Berry Farm, sea world, the San Diego wild animal park and zoo (best reserve in the world). Great food, great hikes/trails/scenery, etc.

Making 300k might sound good until you realize a starter home that needs work is 1.6 million.

Steve707
03-03-2018, 03:50 PM
We can afford it, our overlords would rather spend the money of building a bullet train that goes nowhere.

Making 300k might sound good until you realize a starter home that needs work is 1.6 million.
A house in Sunnyvale just sold for 2 million.
http://kron4.com/2018/03/02/video-2-million-sunnyvale-home-breaks-record-for-price-paid-per-square-foot-2358/

Dave22reborn
03-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Californians.

California does have one major problem - housing prices. But that's because we are so great.

Your only problem is housing prices?

BadMonkeyFunker
03-03-2018, 04:45 PM

Even that's not a problem if you already own one. it keeps the idiots out.

rhadam
03-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Depending on where you live obviously. Northern CA is still a fantastic place to live and raise a family.

Dave22reborn
03-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Even that's not a problem if you already own one. it keeps the idiots out.

How's a young leftist supposed to live down there?

Noliberals4
03-03-2018, 05:20 PM

Traffic is bad.

Earthquakes are overhyped but they get nasty once in a while.

Falling rocks can be a major pain, as well as fires (this is where I wish we'd get rain sometimes lol).

We do have too many illegals, and San Francisco is FULL of soyboys.

But overall I'd say it's pretty great.

Dave22reborn
03-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Bad schools, high taxes, rampant crime, and poor state services. About one-third of the nation’s welfare recipients reside in California. Approximately one-fifth of the state lives below the poverty line. More than a quarter of Californians were not born in the United States.

But yeah....its great.

Forty0zFreedom
03-03-2018, 05:32 PM
Of course, that's why the cancer cells spread to Colorado and other states.

TaeBoNinja
03-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Bad schools, high taxes, rampant crime, and poor state services. About one-third of the nation’s welfare recipients reside in California. Approximately one-fifth of the state lives below the poverty line. More than a quarter of Californians were not born in the United States.

But yeah....its great.
lolwat? Er.....I mean yes, Cali is garbage. Poor libs need to keep leaving the state. I hear Illinois is nice....

https://media.giphy.com/media/iSKFtpF2HzneE/giphy.gif

Dave22reborn
03-03-2018, 05:59 PM
lolwat? Er.....I mean yes, Cali is garbage. Poor libs need to keep leaving the state. I hear Illinois is nice....

https://media.giphy.com/media/iSKFtpF2HzneE/giphy.gif

Who said Illinois is nice?

TaeBoNinja
03-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Who said Illinois is nice?
I've heard that....from somewhere. I for one hope liberals move there for a better quality of life. CA is holding them back.

MiscInformed
03-03-2018, 06:07 PM
I looked up the house I owned in CA on zillow today. When I bought it, it was $270K. I sold it for $490K. It's changed hands a couple of times since then, most recently 2 years ago for $750K. Zillow now says it's worth $990K. It's not even 1500 square feet and it's on a tiny lot in a mediocre San Jose neighborhood and it was built 50 years ago. Anybody who doesn't already own a home in silicon valley and wants to move there and buy one... good luck! LOL.

MiscInformed
03-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Of course, that's why the cancer cells spread to Colorado and other states.

Unfortunately true.

Dave22reborn
03-03-2018, 06:10 PM
I've heard that....from somewhere. I for one hope liberals move there for a better quality of life. CA is holding them back.

We're full of them, more won't hurt.

TaeBoNinja
03-03-2018, 06:17 PM
We're full of them, more won't hurt.
More of them will definitely hurt. I wish we could give the Bay Area statehood and kick them out of CA

rhadam
03-03-2018, 07:00 PM
More of them will definitely hurt. I wish we could give the Bay Area statehood and kick them out of CA

I just wish they would stop saying the Bay is northern CA. It gives us actual NorCal people a bad name.

Woogiefied
03-03-2018, 07:01 PM
I just wish they would stop saying the Bay is northern CA. It gives us actual NorCal people a bad name.

Where abouts in NorCal you from brah? Sac? Roseville? Redding?

rhadam
03-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Where abouts in NorCal you from brah? Sac? Roseville? Redding?

Small town next to Chico. You know all the stomping grounds tho. Whole different side of CA. Guns, trucks, conservatives...

Woogiefied
03-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Small town next to Chico. You know all the stomping grounds tho. Whole different side of CA. Guns, trucks, conservatives...

Nice man, yea I travel a lot for work, I'm all over the place in NorCal. Basically anywhere from Tulare to Redding, I know about it. My favorite place in CA is probably Bodega Bay, we rent a beach house for a week every year.

SYKO227
03-03-2018, 08:56 PM

b.b.b.b.but there's surfing and Hollywood there brah, it's the best!

SYKO227
03-03-2018, 09:09 PM
*snip

And yes, I will brag about it. California >>>> any other state in the Union.

Then fall off into the ocean already so we don't have to build the California wall after all. I'm sure all the other states will pitch in and attach 1000 outboard motors to the state so it can finally float away to North Korea.

Really just need a small part of it to float away, just gather the libs on one spot then send them drifting away.

US_Ranger
03-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Chicooooooo

What small town was it again brah?

johnnyboi123
03-03-2018, 09:52 PM
strong list. cali 4 life. we don't care about a bunch of snowflake lists...we are freaks bby!

Jrd86
03-04-2018, 08:34 AM
California is great.

Exploding in what way? California's economic competitiveness ranks near dead last out of all 50 states. It's been this way for several years now. It's a state with the highest poverty, it's one of the least economically competitive states, and now it ranks dead last in quality of life. It still has silicone valley. But California is NOT the golden State it used to be.

dakensta
03-04-2018, 08:39 AM
This is great news, thanks for sharing, OP.
I have now joined the republican party and have burned my dildo collection.

Bushmaster
03-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Exploding in what way? California's economic competitiveness ranks near dead last out of all 50 states. It's been this way for several years now. It's a state with the highest poverty, it's one of the least economically competitive states, and now it ranks dead last in quality of life. It still has silicone valley. But California is NOT the golden State it used to be.

But they have nice weather.

HoganIsGOAT
03-04-2018, 09:07 AM
The sooner that state sinks into the ocean, the better.

Kreuzritter
03-04-2018, 09:09 AM
California is great.

If it's so bad, why is our economy EXPLODING with debt?

fixed.

Noliberals4
03-04-2018, 09:35 AM

California has the 6th largest economy in the world. Our deficit is now completely erased. We lead the nation in GDP growth. We have tons of Fortune 500 companies including Apple, Google, McKesson, Kaiser Permanente, Gap, Wells Fargo, Intel, Chevron, Disney, Northrup Grumman, Visa, Qualcomm, Facebook, Charles Schwab, Clorox, Mattell, Cisco, Netflix, Gilead, Oracle, HP, Reliance Steel, Farmers Insurance, CBRE, etc. etc. It goes on and on. And these are just SOME of the F500 companies.

But you're right. California is sooo bad for business and has a bad economy!

Actually, California only had a bad economy when it was under REPUBLICAN governorship. Democrats brought this amazing state back from the brink.

Quit trying to make "California sucks!" happen. It's not going to happen.

Noliberals4
03-04-2018, 09:37 AM
The sooner that state sinks into the ocean, the better.

Why?

California is great. We have Silicon Valley, agriculture, Hollywood, etc. etc.

Flyover America isn't even a quarter as relevant as California.

tk217
03-04-2018, 09:42 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/01/california-ranks-last-quality-life-new-report/384853002/

Big driver is high cost of living which stems from liberal policies (green regulations stifling growth, high taxes, high minimum wage, etc.) and unfettered immigration.
Total lack of housing is the main reason.

Too many people, too few homes built.

Ten_Hearts
03-04-2018, 09:56 AM

But yeah....its great.

statistics:

rank 44 pre k -12
rank 31 in high school graduation rate

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education/prek-12

rank 24 property crime
rank 36 violent crime

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/crime-and-corrections/public-safety

Rank 35 in poverty rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_poverty_rat e

27% foreign born double the national average

http://www.ppic.org/publication/immigrants-in-california/

Kreuzritter
03-04-2018, 10:00 AM

But yeah....its great.

so basically it is propped up by government incentive and has nice landscape. wow lets live around the scum of the earth for that.

Renegade83
03-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Total lack of housing is the main reason.

Too many people, too few homes built.

This, housing shortage is a bitch. I'm actually considering selling my home and renting and wait for the crash. Property values are so high, I can't see them going much higher, at least where I live.

Renegade83
03-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Also, as someone pointed out above, if you're poor, best stay out, it'll suck for you unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

repos
03-04-2018, 10:58 AM
hmm one would think a state with 40million peeps, that has the 7th largest economy in the world, that takes over almost the entire west coast is vastly different in different areas. Growing up in Cali my life was coo. Beach, snowboarding, entertainment, can drive to vegas, jobs because every company has a headquarter there.

HoganIsGOAT
03-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Why?

California is great. We have Silicon Valley, agriculture, Hollywood, etc. etc.

Flyover America isn't even a quarter as relevant as California.

Great, become your own country. Succession is an ideal option.

America would be just fine without California.

Godfrd824
03-04-2018, 11:34 AM

I don't agree, I live in the DC Metro and make decent money, and I still hate everything, the traffic, the people, how expensive everything is. And California is worse I'm sure.

second2noneBrah
03-04-2018, 11:41 AM
All these calicucks in here are living on their moms dime. When it's time to enter the real world they won't make it

recedingjaw
03-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Nolibs getting better at trolling, i take back what I said earlier about you.

Anyway, sounds like the consensus is that California is great if you're rich or had bought a house early before the asians started buying up all the property. Then again, most places are great if you're rich. California homeowners are about to get cucked though with the new tax bill.

OneWayFS
03-04-2018, 01:15 PM

Just lol @ this statement.

That's just a part of city life though, of course small towns are going to be more sociable. That really isn't a statement to be taken to heart because go to any major city and you'll experience this.

Noliberals4
03-04-2018, 02:54 PM
fixed.

"California debt" is a 2000s meme. That was under Schwarzenegger.

Brown has got us debt-free. We got rid of Republicans.

In fact, we have a $6.1 billion surplus now: https://www.wsj.com/articles/jerry-browns-legacy-a-6-1-billion-budget-surplus-in-california-1515624022

Thanks, Jerry Brown!

Jrd86
03-04-2018, 03:36 PM
California has the 6th largest economy in the world. Our deficit is now completely erased. We lead the nation in GDP growth. We have tons of Fortune 500 companies including Apple, Google, McKesson, Kaiser Permanente, Gap, Wells Fargo, Intel, Chevron, Disney, Northrup Grumman, Visa, Qualcomm, Facebook, Charles Schwab, Clorox, Mattell, Cisco, Netflix, Gilead, Oracle, HP, Reliance Steel, Farmers Insurance, CBRE, etc. etc. It goes on and on. And these are just SOME of the F500 companies.

But you're right. California is sooo bad for business and has a bad economy!

Actually, California only had a bad economy when it was under REPUBLICAN governorship. Democrats brought this amazing state back from the brink.

Quit trying to make "California sucks!" happen. It's not going to happen.

California has north of 30 million people. That's why it's so big. Having silicone valley also helps and does not hurt. None of this changes the fact California is one of the least competitive states economically, or the fact that 1 in 5 Californians live in poverty (highest in the nation), and now, has the lowest quality of life. California USED to lead the nation in quality of life, jobs, low poverty, ect. It's becoming a giant ****hole, run by corporations...But hey it still has nice weather...

Noliberals4
03-04-2018, 03:51 PM
California has north of 30 million people. That's why it's so big. Having silicone valley also helps and does not hurt. None of this changes the fact California is one of the least competitive states economically, or the fact that 1 in 5 Californians live in poverty (highest in the nation), and now, has the lowest quality of life. California USED to lead the nation in quality of life, jobs, low poverty, ect. It's becoming a giant ****hole, run by corporations...But hey it still has nice weather...

California has a $6.1 billion surplus under Jerry Brown.

Under Republicans, our state was a disaster.

Quit trying to make "California sucks!" happen. It's not going to happen. Democrats saved the state.

WrestlingFan123
03-04-2018, 04:20 PM
"California debt" is a 2000s meme. That was under Schwarzenegger.

Brown has got us debt-free. We got rid of Republicans.

In fact, we have a $6.1 billion surplus now: https://www.wsj.com/articles/jerry-browns-legacy-a-6-1-billion-budget-surplus-in-california-1515624022

Thanks, Jerry Brown!

"Forecasted", the ATL Fed also 'forecasted' 5.1% gdp this next quarter.

Steve707
03-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Dont forget all the tweekers. Oroville?

JamesMUSCLE
03-04-2018, 06:27 PM
California pros:
-Weather
-Beach
-Scenery

Cons:
-Liberal sh!thole policies
-anti gun
-too many tree huggers
-insane cost of living
-liberal sh!thole politicians
-gender confusion
-San Francisco is a literal sh!thole with homeless and garbage and sh!it in the streets.

rhadam
03-04-2018, 06:43 PM
All these calicucks in here are living on their moms dime. When it's time to enter the real world they won't make it

lol whatever helps u sleep at night. My rent in LA was 650 total, 3 bedroom 2 bath in the valley. I could walk to work, take the metro to school. My situation was incredibly common. rekt phaggot

sawoobley
03-04-2018, 07:02 PM
lol whatever helps u sleep at night. My rent in LA was 650 total, 3 bedroom 2 bath in the valley. I could walk to work, take the metro to school. My situation was incredibly common. rekt phaggot

I seriously doubt that unless you were living in a filthy and dangerous part of town.

https://www.rentcafe.com/average-rent-market-trends/us/ca/san-fernando/

rhadam
03-04-2018, 07:04 PM
I seriously doubt that unless you were living in a filthy and dangerous part of town.

https://www.rentcafe.com/average-rent-market-trends/us/ca/san-fernando/

lmao nope. Monrovia. brb SFV is the only valley in LA... derp

The cope is real.

Maestro
03-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Cons:
-anti gun
-too many tree huggers
-insane cost of living
-gender confusion
-San Francisco is a literal sh!thole with homeless and garbage and sh!it in the streets.

-you can still own guns in California.
-tree hugger is a broad term, but they effect me in no way.
-Northern California has reasonable prices.
-gender confusion is everywhere.
-san francisco is one city in a state that is 800miles long with a population of 40million people.

and for those of you bitching about californians "infecting" other states, those people weren't Californians to begin with. They come in from fly over states thinking they'll "make it big" and get raped by the economic culture shock and move away, but they don't move back to their chit hole state, they move to states that are 2nd and 3rd best like Colorado and Texas.

TBH I wish more people would move out, the population growth here has been steady for decades;
https://i.imgur.com/jNbn2oo.png

BlackJack619
03-04-2018, 07:09 PM
I dunno, but I am living the dream in San Diego, but I am apart of the top 3%

sawoobley
03-04-2018, 07:15 PM
lmao nope. Monrovia. brb SFV is the only valley in LA... derp

The cope is real.

Monrovia is even worse than SFV. How long ago did you live there? 10 years ago?

https://www.rentjungle.com/average-rent-in-monrovia-ca-rent-trends/

rhadam
03-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Monrovia is even worse than SFV. How long ago did you live there? 10 years ago?

https://www.rentjungle.com/average-rent-in-monrovia-ca-rent-trends/

LMAO what? Monrovia is next to two of the richest cities in LA and is a middle-class commuter city. I lived there less than 3 years ago. Know how i know you're clueless on life in CA?

AgRyan
03-04-2018, 07:44 PM
I save 3k/month, workout and live here, 10 minutes from the beach and 15 minutes from 4 downtown areas with HBBs. An hour from snowboarding, 4.5 hours from super quality snowboarding. There's never not 100 things to do. It's great. Lived in multiple states and I'll never leave CA.

https://images1.apartments.com/i2/R96Q-pUVCmd3h6RKPwmYOLytV47FitgdCK1lf3ORsfc/110/boardwalk-by-windsor-huntington-beach-ca-spas-and-cabanas-to-relax-in-the-sun.jpg

https://3m1yvb3ekpj045f9t02a2ryq-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Equinox-HB-e1469253044721.jpg

Yes there are a lot of liberals and they have trashed a lot of cities. You just don't live in SF, LA or a slum and you're good.

rhadam
03-04-2018, 07:56 PM
That's the problem brah, non-CA cucks talk chit but have no clue how vast the state is. NorCal is more country than many red states. Plenty of places to live in Southern CA that you can afford and have an amazing quality of life. Is CA perfect? Fuk no. There's plenty about the state that i despise, but cot damn if it isn't an amazing place to live and work. Unfortunately even though i own property back home, i'll still likely end up in Austin.

sawoobley
03-04-2018, 08:02 PM
LMAO what? Monrovia is next to two of the richest cities in LA and is a middle-class commuter city. I lived there less than 3 years ago. Know how i know you're clueless on life in CA?

So the websites I posted are incorrect? Anyone can search the postings and yet you are denying the prices of apartments. lolwut

I've lived in California my entire life. Southern California for 3/4 of it. Los Angeles (mostly) and Orange County.

BTW, I lived up near Redding as a kid and visit near Chico and the Lassen area every other year.

rhadam
03-04-2018, 08:22 PM
So the websites I posted are incorrect? Anyone can search the postings and yet you are denying the prices of apartments. lolwut

I've lived in California my entire life. Southern California for 3/4 of it. Los Angeles (mostly) and Orange County.

BTW, I lived up near Redding as a kid and visit near Chico and the Lassen area every other year.

I didn't click the links, i'm on a computer where i don't click links for safety reasons lol. I don't know what else to tell you. I was born and raised in CA, lived in Chico, SF/Bay, LA, SD. Monrovia is a great place to live with affordable rent, located next to Bradford and Arcadia two of the wealthiest cities around. The San Gabriel Valley has many decent places to live, you just need to know where to look. I lived in a house btw, not an apt. 4 people in a 3 bedroom 2 bath. Too easy.

sawoobley
03-04-2018, 08:28 PM
I didn't click the links, i'm on a computer where i don't click links for safety reasons lol. I don't know what else to tell you. I was born and raised in CA, lived in Chico, SF/Bay, LA, SD. Monrovia is a great place to live with affordable rent, located next to Bradford and Arcadia two of the wealthiest cities around. The San Gabriel Valley has many decent places to live, you just need to know where to look. I lived in a house btw, not an apt. 4 people in a 3 bedroom 2 bath. Too easy.

So your rent was $2,600 per month split four ways. About what the link said. The way you talked earlier made it sound like people could find real cheap housing in Los Angeles which isn't the case unless the place is run down and even then not cheap.

JD805
03-04-2018, 08:29 PM
It's nice to know that a lot of people are jelly of california, literally no one I know spends that much time thinking of other states. Whether it's out of arrogance because we're better or we simply just don't care.

rhadam
03-04-2018, 08:54 PM
So your rent was $2,600 per month split four ways. About what the link said. The way you talked earlier made it sound like people could find real cheap housing in Los Angeles which isn't the case unless the place is run down and even then not cheap.

Well "cheap" is relative, we both know that. My rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in Chico in 2005 (college) was $750 lol. I lived cheaper in LA, 10 years later than i did in Chico. There are decent places in the LA area, that can be had for less than $800 a month. I'll gladly pay $800 to live in LA. ****, i almost moved to Downey with my good friend, 1200 a month great condo right off the freeway, parks, decent neighborhood, gym close, etc.

sawoobley
03-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Well "cheap" is relative, we both know that. My rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in Chico in 2005 (college) was $750 lol. I lived cheaper in LA, 10 years later than i did in Chico. There are decent places in the LA area, that can be had for less than $800 a month. I'll gladly pay $800 to live in LA. ****, i almost moved to Downey with my good friend, 1200 a month great condo right off the freeway, parks, decent neighborhood, gym close, etc.

Yes, if you are willing to live with a bunch of other people. When you compare it to what people can get in neighboring states it is expensive. I think that is point other people are trying to make. It's fine now if you are single but trying to get your own home and raise a family in southern California is pretty tough for most people. Northern California, (i.e. Chico) is reasonable if you can find employment up there.

US_Ranger
03-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Dont forget all the tweekers. Oroville?

Working there tomorrow cuzz! Wish me luck.

US_Ranger
03-04-2018, 10:39 PM
ITT a bunch of people who have never been to California or have been here for 1-2 days talk ****.

San Francisco is an absolute **** hole. Parts of LA are as well. Stockton, **** hoe. Sacramento...turning into a **** hole and the traffic sucks.

Outside of that, the state is amazing. Yeah the gun laws and taxes suck. Yeah the government here should be put on trial for treason and executed but there's unmatched beauty in the landscape here and it's about as amazing a state as you can get. Colorado is up there as well but I haven't spent enough time there to know for sure and they don't have a giant coast. Same with Utah.

Maestro
03-05-2018, 12:31 AM
Working there tomorrow cuzz! Wish me luck.

You're going to work there? What job? There's no jobs in Oroville, lol.

US_Ranger
03-05-2018, 06:06 AM
You're going to work there? What job? There's no jobs in Oroville, lol.

911 medical yo. Lmao, get some weird **** out there.

Chowboy
03-05-2018, 07:50 AM
Lot of things I miss about SoCal.

Weather
Eateries
Activities
Beaches

Problem is, you have to share all that with 10 million other people. And then there is the traffic, smog, crime, etc. Do they still have concertina wire around the overpasses in a vain effort to stop the taggers?

jlick
03-05-2018, 09:37 AM
I love how California makes Republicans so triggered.

And weather and geography has a ton to do with quality of life.

This "survey" says Mississippi has great quality of life. Nuff said!oh shut up dude. there are millions of republicans in California. I happen to be one of them, and so are many of my friends. Yes, California has great attractions, but the cost of living is ****. the taxes are ****. people's attitude's for the most part are ****. I have a lot of great friends here, but there are also a ton of snobs. Also, a ton of people completely oblivious to the world around them, and those people are some of the loudest people on social media that i know.

CaliSuperSport
03-05-2018, 09:48 AM
how can Cali possibly be worse than New York or Illionois?

If you're not dealing with mindblowing congestion, it's freezing weather. No thx.

jlick
03-05-2018, 12:36 PM

If you're not dealing with mindblowing congestion, it's freezing weather. No thx.probably because there isn't **** on the streets in New York or Illinois lol. And most people can afford a place to live in Illinois. Of course, I would still rather live in California than IL.

jlick
03-05-2018, 12:37 PM
You're going to work there? What job? There's no jobs in Oroville, lol.plenty of union jobs in Oroville as they repair the damn and spillway.

Noliberals4
03-05-2018, 12:42 PM
oh shut up dude. there are millions of republicans in California. I happen to be one of them, and so are many of my friends. Yes, California has great attractions, but the cost of living is ****. the taxes are ****. people's attitude's for the most part are ****. I have a lot of great friends here, but there are also a ton of snobs. Also, a ton of people completely oblivious to the world around them, and those people are some of the loudest people on social media that i know.

The reason house prices are so high is because we are great. That's a good sign. There's a reason Beverly Hills homes cost more than Compton lol.

On the other hand, our high tax rates saved the city. Remember under our idiot Republican Governator he put us into a huge deficit? Now we have a $6 billion surplus.

|ceman
03-05-2018, 01:18 PM
California traffic and cost of living is teh suck, but everything else is pretty awesome.

Funny how the things that make it sucky are related to the fact that too many people find living there desirable. Hmmm...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/085/283/philosoraptor.jpg

SwayWay
03-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Funny how the things that make it sucky are related to the fact that too many people find living there desirable. Hmmm...

Which won't be changing anytime soon, when you're the 5th-6th largest economy in the world.

|ceman
03-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Which won't be changing anytime soon, when you're the 5th-6th largest economy in the world.

I love visiting CA but could never live there - too expensive. I don't know how anyone survives that isn't on the CEO 10k/day time.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/11mZ7LKLGhkwaA/200w.gif

wesleysh21
03-05-2018, 01:55 PM
I love visiting CA but could never live there - too expensive. I don't know how anyone survives that isn't on the CEO 10k/day time.

As long as you do something that is in demand I would think your salary would adjust upwards to meet the higher cost of living. I think people who work in Cali and then retire somewhere cheaper kinda have life figured out. Particularly when they sell their overpriced basic house for a million bucks and buy a mansion in their new state.:D

|ceman
03-05-2018, 02:06 PM
As long as you do something that is in demand I would think your salary would adjust upwards to meet the higher cost of living. I think people who work in Cali and then retire somewhere cheaper kinda have life figured out. Particularly when they sell their overpriced basic house for a million bucks and buy a mansion in their new state.:D

salary adjusts upward but not at the same rate as the cost of living.

if you work in the bay area you might make 2x what a tech pro in another US city makes, but the cost of housing is easily 5-10x.

what you want to look at is percent of your income that goes to housing. you may make less in another city, but you have more net income after taxes and housing.

Vitamin0
03-05-2018, 02:08 PM
California pros:
-Weather
-Beach
-Scenery

Cons:
-anti gun
-too many tree huggers
-insane cost of living
-gender confusion

Mercworx
03-05-2018, 02:12 PM

Lol No ****. If you have a good career/income anywhere in the USA is ok.

But see how far your dollar goes in Mississippi vs California. I know for a fact everyone in Cali isn’t pulling 150k a year. In Mississippi less than half that will set you up nicely.

Noliberals4
03-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Lol No ****. If you have a good career/income anywhere in the USA is ok.

But see how far your dollar goes in Mississippi vs California. I know for a fact everyone in Cali isn’t pulling 150k a year. In Mississippi less than half that will set you up nicely.

But the you remember you live in Mississippi and realize your mansion is worth crap.

Flakker
03-05-2018, 03:21 PM
I live in CA and am trying to get out.

But yeah....its great.

These things sound bad, but I'll translate it into what it looks like in daily life:

For a little background, i live in the bay area. I own a home that has appreciated 70%. I'm married. Our household income is >200k. I have one child with another on the way.

I live 8 miles from work. It takes me 45 minutes to drive to/from.

I'm looking at sending my kid(s) to private school because the ESL homeboys make public school terrible. I want him to graduate and I don't want him bullied for being white.

My wife has to work even though she might want to stay home with our kids because it's so expensive to live here.

We've been the victim of property crime (home invasion) and our neighborhood is struggling to deal with a string of car break ins (a home on our street just sold for >800k).

Nobody trusts anyone because muh diversity is muh strength has completely eroded social trust.

I don't know how we're going to afford college for my kids since 1) in-state tuition is about the same as out-of-state and 2) we'll be paying for private school for 18 years each.

Drought is a real problem. The state doesn't have the ability to deal with a sustained weather anomaly. We could be dealing with a Cape Town situation in the near future.

Yes, we are close to beaches, but be prepared to wait in traffic to get there, struggle to find parking, get reamed paying for a hotel/airbnb and set up on a spit of sand surrounded by a billion other people.

Same for the snow only the traffic and rentals are worse.

Want to go to SF? I hope you like piss, ****, drug use and being accosted by the homeless. Maybe you'll be shot by an illegal alien while you're visiting.

But if you want to meet some really charming people, take a trip out to the central valley and look at the common areas. It's post-apocalyptic.

dyee4613
03-05-2018, 05:26 PM
I think Cali sucks.

Maestro
03-06-2018, 01:01 AM
oh shut up dude. there are millions of republicans in California. I happen to be one of them, and so are many of my friends. Yes, California has great attractions, but the cost of living is ****. the taxes are ****. people's attitude's for the most part are ****. I have a lot of great friends here, but there are also a ton of snobs. Also, a ton of people completely oblivious to the world around them, and those people are some of the loudest people on social media that i know.

You know plenty of cool people but you also know a lot of snobs, so, just like anywhere else in the country?

The biggest snobs i've ever met have been out here in NM. Affluent people that live in poor states are the worst, especially physicians and surgeons. and don't get me started on government/military personnel. They walk around like their chit doesn't stink 24/7.

look at me, I'm bar hopping in my military attire fishing for compliments by old folks and hoping to get discounts :rolleyes:

plenty of union jobs in Oroville as they repair the damn and spillway.

Born and raised there.
Worked at Oroville Hospital for 7 years. Everyday was a chit-show. You'd think that because they're a small hospital (160 bed) they'd have a better grasp at handling the patient population, but nope. To say it was a madhouse is an understatement. Oh, whats that? we don't feel like footing the bill for this bum that needs his leg amputated? Just sent them to Enloe....."Just send them to Enloe" was the hospitals slogan. It may have cost about half a million to fly them out to Chico, but its either that or have to pay millions for their one week stay because they have no home or relatives to bill. I now work in an 800 bed hospital out here and i'm thoroughly impressed at how they've got their chit under control.

Outside of the hospital, catering (restaurants/fast food) and wal-mart there really are no truly stable jobs in oroville. I had to get out. Everyone there is just content with mediocrity, because everyone around them is mediocre. I'm going back to California after I'm finished out here, but I can't go back there.

Ten_Hearts
03-06-2018, 06:02 AM

I interviewed at some companies in south San Francisco some years ago and while the pay was indeed higher it wasn't really enough to justify accepting the position. I probably wouldn't try again till manager+ level. But this is just as an engineer in the biotech industry. I remember them pointing out some neighborhoods where I coulda lived in for mid 2000's. Not sure if they were good neighborhoods.

Thelonebadwolf
03-06-2018, 06:37 AM

If you're not dealing with mindblowing congestion, it's freezing weather. No thx.

You mad God emperor Trump prefers NY?

US_Ranger
03-06-2018, 08:35 AM
Born and raised there.
Worked at Oroville Hospital for 7 years. Everyday was a chit-show. You'd think that because they're a small hospital (160 bed) they'd have a better grasp at handling the patient population, but nope. To say it was a madhouse is an understatement. Oh, whats that? we don't feel like footing the bill for this bum that needs his leg amputated? Just sent them to Enloe....."Just send them to Enloe" was the hospitals slogan. It may have cost about half a million to fly them out to Chico, but its either that or have to pay millions for their one week stay because they have no home or relatives to bill. I now work in an 800 bed hospital out here and i'm thoroughly impressed at how they've got their chit under control.

Outside of the hospital, catering (restaurants/fast food) and wal-mart there really are no truly stable jobs in oroville. I had to get out. Everyone there is just content with mediocrity, because everyone around them is mediocre. I'm going back to California after I'm finished out here, but I can't go back there.

Just dropped off a bunch of patients there yesterday. I always get a good laugh when I look at their insurance box on the face sheet after departing the hospital. It always says "Medicare" or "self pay" and then home address "homeless"

Who the fck is footing all those bills for their 2-3 times a week hospital stay? You bet it's the taxpayer.

jlick
03-06-2018, 09:13 AM
You know plenty of cool people but you also know a lot of snobs, so, just like anywhere else in the country?

The biggest snobs i've ever met have been out here in NM. Affluent people that live in poor states are the worst, especially physicians and surgeons. and don't get me started on government/military personnel. They walk around like their chit doesn't stink 24/7.

look at me, I'm bar hopping in my military attire fishing for compliments by old folks and hoping to get discounts :rolleyes: lol good point. i guess i just think Californians are more snobby than general, but I do agree there are snobs everywhere. The city I live in is wonderful. It is also a fairly conservative city in terms of it manages itself fiscally. Also very clean. Lots of fun things to do and close proximity to a couple big cities with even more great things to do. but if you go to the big cities, chances are you will see a least a few tents set up....or people rotting on the side of the street. don't try wearing your MAGA hat in public though. You will definitely get spit on or harassed if you are a straight, white, able-bodied male like myself. Grandma's and Grandpa's get the pass though it seems like, lol.

Born and raised there.

Outside of the hospital, catering (restaurants/fast food) and wal-mart there really are no truly stable jobs in oroville. I had to get out. Everyone there is just content with mediocrity, because everyone around them is mediocre. I'm going back to California after I'm finished out here, but I can't go back there.I honestly didn't even know there was a hospital in Oroville lol. My buddy is an electrician and he's been working on the dam with his union. He much prefers going up to oroville than having to deal with the ****ty bay area traffic. I figure most of the well to do people in Oroville are working in Chico??

Where you thinking about moving to when you come back to California? Placer County?

jlick
03-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Just dropped off a bunch of patients there yesterday. I always get a good laugh when I look at their insurance box on the face sheet after departing the hospital. It always says "Medicare" or "self pay" and then home address "homeless"

Who the fck is footing all those bills for their 2-3 times a week hospital stay? You bet it's the taxpayer.and the millions of hard working Californians who have had their premiums raised exponentially since the implementation of "Obamacare".