PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Vermintide 2 Thread

wisdommaster1
02-26-2018, 10:27 AM
Anyone play the closed beta that just ended and/or plan on playing at launch (March 8th) or the pre-order beta (Feb 28th)?

I had a closed-beta key and played a little and the game was a ton of fun so I plan on playing a ton starting Wed since progress from the pre-order beta carries into the release.

I hadn't played the first before this but it's a great hack & slash RPG with 5 characters (each with 3 sub classes) and typical loot grind mechanics in hack & slash games

gameplay video for those who dont kow
AovSuioMM2w

eltwentyone
02-26-2018, 10:33 AM
i have the first one, how do u get in the beta? First one was fun but wasnt addicted due to the the loot system wasnt great and playing with randoms wasnt fun.

LFAesthetics
02-26-2018, 11:08 AM
I just preordered for the 10% discount on steam. Will play on wednesday as the twitch footage I saw looks dandy.

I like games like this. Co-op without the pressure of PvP. seems like everything now a days is trying to be an esport.

wisdommaster1
02-26-2018, 12:12 PM
i have the first one, how do u get in the beta? First one was fun but wasnt addicted due to the the loot system wasnt great and playing with randoms wasnt fun.

the closed beta that already happened was just a sign-up and they sent codes to some people

you can get a code for the beta on wed by pre-ordering the game

I just preordered for the 10% discount on steam. Will play on wednesday as the twitch footage I saw looks dandy.

I like games like this. Co-op without the pressure of PvP. seems like everything now a days is trying to be an esport.

yeah it was really fun what I played and I like the challenge in the missions since they require team coordination

LFAesthetics
02-26-2018, 12:49 PM
the closed beta that already happened was just a sign-up and they sent codes to some people

you can get a code for the beta on wed by pre-ordering the game

yeah it was really fun what I played and I like the challenge in the missions since they require team coordination

I just read they increased the beta to run another 24 hours so it will end 2/27 at 9EST basically just giving themselves a few hours to relaunch the servers before the pre-order beta on 2/28.

I'll be digging into tonight for a little.

EgoActor
02-26-2018, 04:47 PM
will buy on full release. it looks really fun

FrazettaSilke
02-26-2018, 05:01 PM
Just bought it, looks juicy af

wisdommaster1
02-26-2018, 07:22 PM
will buy on full release. it looks really fun

if you're going to buy on release without a doubt I would pre-order so you can start playing Wed during the pre-order beta, all character progress from that will carry into the release

LFAesthetics
02-26-2018, 07:47 PM
played a few matches and beat all the beta levels tonight, pretty entertaining. I just wish there was a little more of an intro on how to play your class, maybe the full release will have all that - because I felt like a dumbass being carried for the first round I queued in.

wisdommaster1
02-26-2018, 07:56 PM
played a few matches and beat all the beta levels tonight, pretty entertaining. I just wish there was a little more of an intro on how to play your class, maybe the full release will have all that - because I felt like a dumbass being carried for the first round I queued in.

haha I hear you, I accidently blew myself up first time I played the mage... didnt know you couldnt max out overheating

Soonerjohn
02-26-2018, 09:07 PM
Spent about 100 hundred hours on the first one, played in the beta for part 2, and will play on Wednesday.

Going with witch hunter.

nkiritsis13
02-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Gameplay footage looks a lot faster and all around smoother than the first game, and I'm really just looking for a fun-time diversion to maybe mix things up because I feel like I've played Shadow Warrior 2 to death for that same purpose.

Time-crunch question: I bought the Humble Monthly and can get a total of 19% discount* on the Vermintide II pre-order. Seem worth it for someone who would probably spend more time just popping it on for fun,playing with bots, to kill some skaven and chaos warriors? I'm pretty used to so-so AI; I spent so much time on Battlefront II's instant action when I was younger and to this day prefer playing alone.

Mod support and an improved loot system really piqued my interest alongside the already cheap introductory price.

*As an aside, I'd recommend this month's humble monthly while there is still time and you don't have Dark Souls 3; $12 for that, plus Ashes DLC, Overgrowth (meh), and more games to be unveiled by the end of the month, and an extra 10% off of everything in the Humble Store, including pre-orders.

SnowEh
02-27-2018, 09:24 AM
I love this style of game and it having rpg elements makes it even better. It'll be interesting to see if they handle it like Total War: Warhammer and include new characters, enemies and not just new maps.

canonhope
02-27-2018, 01:20 PM
found out about this video game this past weekend. I was at a Warhammer physical store when someone told me. May look into it. I just started painting a month ago but had the Age of Sigmar box set since last May. I'm not totally into it at this point but might change once everything is painted.

Will check this game out.

CSGObrah
03-01-2018, 01:43 AM
if you're going to buy on release without a doubt I would pre-order so you can start playing Wed during the pre-order beta, all character progress from that will carry into the release

You sure there's a pre-order beta? I can't find any official word on it and it still wont let me install the game through steam.

FrazettaSilke
03-01-2018, 06:54 AM
You sure there's a pre-order beta? I can't find any official word on it and it still wont let me install the game through steam.

this, can't see chit captain

wisdommaster1
03-01-2018, 10:08 AM

definitely, already played 4 hours yesterday

no idea why you cant see anything

http://store.steampowered.com/news/37672/

eltwentyone
03-02-2018, 10:03 AM
will anybody be on tonight? I am gonna buy this, I am on EST.

LFAesthetics
03-02-2018, 10:42 AM
been playing a ton since it came out, the addiction is real with this title. IDK why but it's incredibly satisfying slaying the rats etc. I think it just really tickles my dungeon grinding fancy from my MMO days.

wisdommaster1
03-02-2018, 06:31 PM
been playing a ton since it came out, the addiction is real with this title. IDK why but it's incredibly satisfying slaying the rats etc. I think it just really tickles my dungeon grinding fancy from my MMO days.

yeah the combat feels great, I agree for sure. I also like the required teamwork and challenge the game provides. Super pumped for the full release with the rest of the maps

kingofturtles
03-02-2018, 06:44 PM
Slightly interested. Typically i live overhead games for something like this.

eltwentyone
03-02-2018, 09:01 PM
bought the game, you nikkas add me up, voice com is soo good when playing this, user is eltwentyone

NillaWafer
03-03-2018, 06:05 AM
I caved and bought this.

It's actually pretty fun. Been playing the manlet dwarf and he chits on hordes once he gets the flamethrower. It definitely is a lot like Left 4 Dead but that's not a bad thing.

It does get repetitive pretty quickly, but that's to be expected with only 3 maps. Hopefully the actual release adds a lot of content. I would also like to see the items be more diverse instead of having to pick the best power level and roll with that. What happened to games where stats were displayed on the item and you had to theorycraft to find the best ones? :(

kr1kit
03-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Is this game enjoyable solo? Or is it one of those games where you NEED to play with friends.

wisdommaster1
03-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Is this game enjoyable solo? Or is it one of those games where you NEED to play with friends.

its designed around coop

Weezy32
03-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Yes already got one friend to commit to buying it and the other one is on the fence.

FrazettaSilke
03-04-2018, 07:22 PM
bought the game, you nikkas add me up, voice com is soo good when playing this, user is eltwentyone

added brah

eltwentyone
03-04-2018, 07:25 PM
added brah

i didnt get brah whats yours?

FrazettaSilke
03-04-2018, 07:57 PM
i didnt get brah whats yours?

GrumpyOldMan lol

eltwentyone
03-04-2018, 09:31 PM
GrumpyOldMan lol

yea i got it now, will play some tomorrow

Soonerjohn
03-05-2018, 08:50 AM

Designed for coop, but you can solo challenge maps.

I attempted a solo run last night on champion, but failed. Had fun though.

You can also find games easily solo. I did this to level up. Just use the browser and find games already started.

LFAesthetics
03-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Been having a blast playing this, using Sienna - level 16 currently. love how intense the game feels with double grimoire runs, really can't just let yourself get whacked.

also side note, game is gorgeous in 4k w/ dx12

FrazettaSilke
03-06-2018, 10:34 AM
holy hell, even the recruit difficulty kills me easily. You really have to be careful with your ammo too

LFAesthetics
03-06-2018, 02:43 PM
holy hell, even the recruit difficulty kills me easily. You really have to be careful with your ammo too

yeah it took some getting used to you have to really constantly be kiting with dodge and blocking is important as well - ramboing in with LMB spam will not win you the game.

after getting used to veteran recruit seems mindless, that said, champ and above have friendly fire... all the bad habits I've developed are going to bite me in the ass on those difficulties.

eltwentyone
03-07-2018, 01:02 PM
i am one shotting bosses with the huntsman on veteran lol hopefully he doesnt get nerfed

FrazettaSilke
03-07-2018, 01:07 PM
what's the strongest hero for somebody who doesn't mind getting into the thick of it, but likes their health?

im still in the dark about what direction to go

Awarw90
03-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Me and my mate got this game the other day, already logged about 7 hours onto it. Gotta say guys that loot box system freaked me the hell out when I first saw it, was having a blast on my first round and was instantly concerned when the loot boxes popped up as the reward system. Did some research and was very glad when I read the developer statement regarding it saying they will never be paid for with real money, although the greyed out "Cosmetic" section has me concerned. Even cosmetic items sold for real money are a massive turn off for me. Hopefully all goes well, game has huge potential to suck up a lot of my free time. Very fun.

Anyone got any idea on how much content will be on the full release? Gotta wait until 5am tomorrow on my end :(

NillaWafer
03-07-2018, 05:59 PM
Me and my mate got this game the other day, already logged about 7 hours onto it. Gotta say guys that loot box system freaked me the hell out when I first saw it, was having a blast on my first round and was instantly concerned when the loot boxes popped up as the reward system. Did some research and was very glad when I read the developer statement regarding it saying they will never be paid for with real money, although the greyed out "Cosmetic" section has me concerned. Even cosmetic items sold for real money are a massive turn off for me. Hopefully all goes well, game has huge potential to suck up a lot of my free time. Very fun.

Anyone got any idea on how much content will be on the full release? Gotta wait until 5am tomorrow on my end :(

15 Maps with 5 difficulties IIRC. And those extra quest missions which I don't know much about.

edit: read this morning it's 13 maps.

LFAesthetics
03-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Release is today boyos (1PM EST last I heard), can't wait to check out the maps I haven't seen yet. Hoping for a much more stable build too, I've gotten a few crashes randomly mid run that tilt me.

EgoActor
03-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Release is today boyos (1PM EST last I heard), can't wait to check out the maps I haven't seen yet. Hoping for a much more stable build too, I've gotten a few crashes randomly mid run that tilt me.

1-3pm est is the window they gave (18:00 - 20:00 UTC)

JM18
03-08-2018, 06:06 PM
finally new maps been burnt out on the original 3 from beta

wisdommaster1
03-08-2018, 08:47 PM
damn.... I really want to play the new maps but I'm so exhausted tonight. I moved into a new place and then went and bought a VW Tiguan

Weezy32
03-08-2018, 11:58 PM
Is the game harder then beta on recruit? Yesturday i played . w friend on recruit and we passed the missions 4-5 times ....tried today and failed 7 times....same map we passed yesturday.

LFAesthetics
03-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Is the game harder then beta on recruit? Yesturday i played . w friend on recruit and we passed the missions 4-5 times ....tried today and failed 7 times....same map we passed yesturday.

There were various tweaks to characters, and some nerfs to op stuff, but no largely the difficulty stayed the same I heard on the release stream. I think you might have just had poor RNG. Sometimes a simple run can go really bad with the right spawns.

eltwentyone
03-09-2018, 09:12 AM
yeah they nerfed a lot of heroes, found this on reddit lul. I am going to be pushing consistent champion very soon.

https://i.imgur.com/mfXFOBN.png

MrBourbon
03-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Wow looks dope serious. Anyone playing on PS4?

FrazettaSilke
03-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Wow looks dope serious. Anyone playing on PS4?

please get a pc bro :(

MrBourbon
03-09-2018, 10:40 AM
please get a pc bro :(

Just buy me one bro I've been trying my best to be a good poster and bring the ments, don't you think that should not go unrewarded

Weezy32
03-11-2018, 03:54 AM
Having a blast with this game on pc.. Beat all the missions on recruit and now starting to beat stuff on vetran. LVL 17 now.

Got 3 real life friends that also play with me and that makes it even more fun. 2 of them left earlier today and we get two randoms ....one which was a girl who proceeded to call us bad 15 seconds after she joined.... then she got offended when i asked if she was a girl (because i couldnt tell if she was a girl or a little kid she was acting like a kid but she sounded like a girl) when she talked on the mic...then she proceeded to talk **** to us after we all wiped during the boss fight....

After all that still wanted to play with us....like wtf....i asked her if she was on her period or something and that triggered her even more yet she still wanted to play w us after that... we ended up kicking her

What a crazy bish...brb being toxic in a PVE game... didnt think that was possible and i mainly play league of legends so trust me i know all about toxic comunities but still even in LOL you dont see toxic people when you play vs AI.

TLDR: Bishes be crazy

LFAesthetics
03-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Having a blast with this game on pc.. Beat all the missions on recruit and now starting to beat stuff on vetran. LVL 17 now.

Got 3 real life friends that also play with me and that makes it even more fun. 2 of them left earlier today and we get two randoms ....one which was a girl who proceeded to call us bad 15 seconds after she joined.... then she got offended when i asked if she was a girl (because i couldnt tell if she was a girl or a little kid she was acting like a kid but she sounded like a girl) when she talked on the mic...then she proceeded to talk **** to us after we all wiped during the boss fight....

After all that still wanted to play with us....like wtf....i asked her if she was on her period or something and that triggered her even more yet she still wanted to play w us after that... we ended up kicking her

What a crazy bish...brb being toxic in a PVE game... didnt think that was possible and i mainly play league of legends so trust me i know all about toxic comunities but still even in LOL you dont see toxic people when you play vs AI.

TLDR: Bishes be crazy

I have pretty much gotten to the point where veteran runs are mindless, my RL friends squad is looking to move into Champion tonight. I like how this game has done power creep, its enough that the content becomes much easier with gear, but not so much that like WoW for example you can solo the content with ease once you've out leveled it.

and I hear you man some people are really toxic with the difficulties - like my buddy and I got told to go back to recruit because he was learning and I stayed back to help him out, thus almost wiping the team... I had previously completed like 20 vet runs so it wasn't my first rodeo.

I just don't know what its like to be so tilted all the time in video games. Like if you find Pugs that frustrating do not play with pugs. If you have a short fuse, you probably shouldn't be a gamer.

FrazettaSilke
03-12-2018, 02:32 PM
fuk man, im still on level 3, and recruit difficulty blows me away

LFAesthetics
03-12-2018, 02:40 PM
fuk man, im still on level 3, and recruit difficulty blows me away

Best advice I can give is making dodging part of your regular movement, for some reason it seems like the game is real friendly with counting a dodge for many enemies at once.

I basically constantly back dodge and side dodge to make the enemies follow me in a frontal cone so you can whack them down, an occasional push staggers them enough to kill a couple then back to dodging.

the name of the game is damage avoidance, if you can avoid damage you can take on a lot of horde and special spawns.

also around level 10 your characters start to unlock abilities that make their class synergy work and then it trivializes the game on recruit.

Weezy32
03-12-2018, 03:07 PM
I have pretty much gotten to the point where veteran runs are mindless, my RL friends squad is looking to move into Champion tonight. I like how this game has done power creep, its enough that the content becomes much easier with gear, but not so much that like WoW for example you can solo the content with ease once you've out leveled it.

and I hear you man some people are really toxic with the difficulties - like my buddy and I got told to go back to recruit because he was learning and I stayed back to help him out, thus almost wiping the team... I had previously completed like 20 vet runs so it wasn't my first rodeo.

I just don't know what its like to be so tilted all the time in video games. Like if you find Pugs that frustrating do not play with pugs. If you have a short fuse, you probably shouldn't be a gamer.

I have graduated to Champion difficulty bruh. Lvl 24 on my main and friendly fire (ranged) is a bitch.

LFAesthetics
03-12-2018, 04:17 PM
I have graduated to Champion difficulty bruh. Lvl 24 on my main and friendly fire (ranged) is a bitch.

yeah I play sienna and its totally gonna **** my gameplay up fam. I know I can't be trigger happy anymore and that's kind of annoying, but its part of the skill gap that makes Champion harder than veteran.

I'm 27 but my friends aren't all geared or leveled for champion yet. hoping we can make that push tonight, cuz I barely get good stuff from loot anymore, i'm at 446 hero power level 27 most of my gear is within 20 levels of 200

but I don't want my first Champ runs to be with PuG's simply for fear of them being toxic.

jesteraq
03-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Game is hard as fuk for me. I like playing Kerillian and spamming my bow and arrow with 74 capacity and just bumrushing lol

wisdommaster1
03-13-2018, 07:56 PM
I'm always up for playing with people.

Thursday at ~3pm PST I will be streaming this game and want to do twitch integration where chat votes on events that happen during missions, if anyone is up for that too. I have a tiny channel but will have a few people voting for our destruction. Will probably play on Veteran but I would do recruit if needed for others

EgoActor
03-16-2018, 07:27 PM
30+3 sienna
25 bardin
17 kerillian
250 highest opened item

**** halescourge and into the nest. done a few champ runs for general/emperor chests but you really need a quality team to not waste 30+ minutes for some consolation experience

pro tip for new players save your commendation chests (from levelling up) until you open a 200 power item from veteran chests

SnowEh
03-16-2018, 08:03 PM
what's the strongest hero for somebody who doesn't mind getting into the thick of it, but likes their health?

im still in the dark about what direction to go

So far I like playing Ironbreaker/Foot Knight the most. I mostly hold my shield up and push them back/knock them down to cc them and let the others do the damage. It's great when the mobs come and you're knocking down 5 at a time to stall. I feel really tanky too.