PDA

View Full Version : It wasn't just one deputy... it was FOUR... how many died because of these cowards?

Old-Time-Lifter
02-23-2018, 02:51 PM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27523/breaking-cnn-reports-four-broward-county-deputies-ben-shapiro#

When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

Now I'm pi$$ed............

thomashenry
02-23-2018, 04:29 PM
I was angry before, this is unacceptable, shocking to the senses, I have no idea how trained professionals could not have had an effect by running towards the fire and preventing or at the very least minimizeing the carnage, began confronting and maybe taking the animal down, everyone should be fired. The kicker, irony, the one who did resign has “armed “ police by his house. God this whole scenario is just a total mess, FUBAR

wesleysh21
02-23-2018, 04:43 PM
At this point it’s starting to look like an intentional standdown.

Mark1T
02-23-2018, 04:46 PM
If I were one of the surviving students, I don't think I would be angry. I think I would feel like nobody cared about me or for my friends, in the most horrifying situation. I would have lost all hope and I would not want to go back.

bodyhard
02-23-2018, 05:00 PM
Just goes to show you its not the gun in the persons hand its the person whos hand is on the gun...

mtpockets
02-23-2018, 05:05 PM
They could have made a difference and basically chose not to, I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror, if that were me.

Old-Time-Lifter
02-23-2018, 06:35 PM
Just goes to show you its not the gun in the persons hand its the person whose hand is on the gun...

Yes indeed. A gun can either be used for good or evil, or in this case in the hands of those that refuse to intercede... worthless.

This whole mess just keeps getting worse and worse and worse.

It's what can only be called a cluster*&#$

poundXpound
02-23-2018, 06:53 PM
If these guys somehow manage to keep their jobs, they should only be allowed to go on donut runs. Smh.

bodyhard
02-23-2018, 07:36 PM
I've said this story before on here, some years ago we went to a club in the bronx, my nephew Joe was carrying an illegal gun on him so he had his then girlfriend Tania sneak it into the club as girls were not searched back then.

Some beef broke out with this guy and they threw him out, he came back with an Uzi and started shooting the place up. We all turned over the tables to take cover and at that point Joe had the gun in his possession, I kept telling him to fcking shoot at the fcking guy and he wouldn't, so I took the gun off of Joe to return fire, but at that point the guy had stop shooting and left.

Thank God the guy didn't hit anyone he was just shooting in the air to scare the **** out of everyone in the place, but the point I am trying to make is that Joe froze, even though he had a gun he didn't do anything. It's not the gun, but the person holding the gun..

Fishman15
02-23-2018, 08:01 PM
They could have made a difference and basically chose not to, I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror, if that were me.

^This^ I'd be feeling suicidal about now knowing I allowed that to go on for minutes and possibly contributed to additional deaths and injuries by not going in. If I'm paid to step in for a situation like this then I better well be stepping in. I'm guessing the guy was thinking about his retirement and not the lives of those young kids.

Old-Time-Lifter
02-23-2018, 08:16 PM
^This^ I'd be feeling suicidal about now knowing I allowed that to go on for minutes and possibly contributed to additional deaths and injuries by not going in. If I'm paid to step in for a situation like this then I better well be stepping in. I'm guessing the guy was thinking about his retirement and not the lives of those young kids.

What about the other 3?

Oceanside
02-23-2018, 08:41 PM
What about the other 3?

they were probably playing rocks/papers/scissors to see who got the last maple bar :)

Fishman15
02-23-2018, 08:46 PM
What about the other 3? Yea, not quite sure what to think of that. It sounds like even after the Coral Springs police dept showed up and led the way into the school...those 4 sheriffs dept officers still did not go in following them. Was either cowardice and/or instruction from their supervisor.

Old-Time-Lifter
02-23-2018, 08:52 PM
Yea, not quite sure what to think of that. It sounds like even after the Coral Springs police dept showed up and led the way into the school...those 4 sheriffs dept officers still did not go in following them. Was either cowardice and/or instruction from their supervisor.

The whole lot need to resign. Top to bottom all have to go.

Bando
02-23-2018, 09:29 PM

My feelings exactly. This is one situation where you can't just resign because you had a bad day at work. Not doing his job meant that more children died, and he was actually trained in what to do for a shooter in the school.

weiss1967
02-23-2018, 11:06 PM
the point I am trying to make is that Joe froze, even though he had a gun he didn't do anything. It's not the gun, but the person holding the gun..

I hear you. To some extent this is excusable. But what happened with those deputies, all of them could not be froze. It is their common mentality, "they can't pay me enough".

drkelly74
02-24-2018, 02:50 AM
They should all be fired.

mtpockets
02-24-2018, 04:13 AM

Agreed, immediately after a public apology to the victims and their families.

Corbi
02-24-2018, 04:35 AM

In the military they could/would be court marshaled.

JediRN
02-24-2018, 05:41 AM

They missed out on a great opportunity for a glorious death.

Just goes to show you its not the gun in the persons hand its the person whos hand is on the gun...

truth

7Seconds
02-24-2018, 06:16 AM
I have never been in this situation or in a situation like it. I very well might freeze or hide, but right now, safe, in my living room drinking coffee, I would like to assume that the potential guilt and trauma from failing to act while innocents were gunned down screaming would compel me to act. It wouldn't be a sense of heroism just an adrenalin fueled reaction.

At the end of the day, 99% of people hold theirs and their family’s lives in the highest value. There’s a reason we call people who stand in front of bullets to save others a hero. It’s more than can reasonably be expected from anyone. In that moment, no one can truly say what they would do until they’re there.

Do I think the guy should lose his job? Yes. He didn’t do his job. He could’ve done something, even if it was helping other people in other parts of the building escape safely. But I can’t reasonably ask anyone to confront a gunman and stand in front of bullets, those that do are heroes.

bodyhard
02-24-2018, 06:38 AM
I hear you. To some extent this is excusable. But what happened with those deputies, all of them could not be froze. It is their common mentality, "they can't pay me enough".

Yeah I am not blaming Joe just tying to point out that placing a gun in their hands doesn't change who they are.

You know whats funny (well not funny) but sometime after that, in the Mitchel Projects where I was raised there was an incident and Joe was trying to prove he was a "man" he got into some sh!t with this guy, he pull out his gun (the guy was about 10 feet from Joe) and he goes to shoot him, now keep in mine this was right across the street from the 40th precinct, and shoots right over his head and then runs!

Patty and I were in the middle of the projects sitting on a bench, I see Joe running and like 3 guys chasing him (they were plain clothes cops) and I am thinking they were just regular guys chasing my nephew so now I start running after the guys. They catch up to Joe I am catching up to them, but now I see their badges. They throw him to the ground start searching him for the gun. I look at Joe, he gives me the look.

I knew he dumped it, I look back and there are like 8 cops looking for the gun and at the same time half of the block looking for it too!

Joe got locked up, sent to central booking and came out two days later with a court date, the cops never found the gun, but Joe was then given the nick name in the block One shot Joe. This was roughly 20 years ago and whenever Joe comes around they still call him that :D

Plateauplower
02-24-2018, 06:54 AM
https://i0.wp.com/www.bizpacreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Screenshot-2_22_2018-11_17_49-AM.jpg?w=929

Starting to seem very similar to Benghazi....

That would be the Coward county sherrif....

JediRN
02-24-2018, 07:21 AM
Starting to seem very similar to Benghazi....

That would be the Coward county sheriff....

If only we had those 33,000 emails. Now we will never know if Hillary planned this shooting or not.

whatevergirl
02-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Their sole job is to protect and seeing that they chose not to, they should be arrested.

Plateauplower
02-24-2018, 07:41 AM
Their sole job is to protect and seeing that they chose not to, they should be arrested.

Fully agree.

7Seconds
02-24-2018, 07:46 AM

There’s no legal obligation. There's also no legal obligation for you to keep your job after you fail to act.

I've yet to hear of an agency that doesn't have some sort of oath saying you'll lay down your life rather than derelict your duties. Which means you're not going to be criminally prosecuted, but you're also going to find yourself unemployed.

Old-Time-Lifter
02-24-2018, 08:09 AM

You can't arrest them, failing to do your job is not illegal. It is a firing offense but not something you can be locked up for... thank goodness...

whatevergirl
02-24-2018, 08:17 AM
You can't arrest them, failing to do your job is not illegal. It is a firing offense but not something you can be locked up for... thank goodness...

They didn’t try and fail...they didn’t try at all. I liken this to a surgeon who in the middle of surgery, the patient starts convulsing and the surgeon and staff stands around just watching the patient die. Doing nothing. Trust me, that surgeon would be on trial.

When you take a job where peoples’ lives hang in the balance possibly, and you do nothing to help those people, you should be arrested. So they get fired and move on with life? That’s bs. As the nation talks about furthering gun control bla bla bla :rolleyes:

If you can’t trust the police to protect you, then what should happen?

Old-Time-Lifter
02-24-2018, 08:25 AM
They didn’t try and fail...they didn’t try at all. I liken this to a surgeon who in the middle of surgery, the patient starts convulsing and the surgeon and staff stands around just watching the patient die. Doing nothing. Trust me, that surgeon would be on trial.

When you take a job where peoples’ lives hang in the balance possibly, and you do nothing to help those people, you should be arrested. So they get fired and move on with life? That’s bs. As the nation talks about furthering gun control bla bla bla :rolleyes:

I wonder if the surgeon wouldn't be on trial for malpractice though, you aren't arrested for malpractice.

7Seconds
02-24-2018, 08:32 AM

Allow people to protect themselves.

thomashenry
02-24-2018, 08:32 AM
http://www.lovewhatmatters.com/hero-student-15-year-old-praised-for-taking-bullets-to-protect-classmates-from-florida-school-shooter/

I will get rid of my gun the very moment that all evil is vanquished from human society, and wickedness is purged from the hearts of men, and there is no longer any danger in the world and the whole of mankind can live in utter peace and harmony. When Christ returns in His glory I will certainly lay down my arms. I do not plan on bringing my gun to Heaven.

But we aren't yet in Heaven. And that is why I have a gun. And that is why I won't get rid of it.

ElrondHubbard
02-24-2018, 09:47 AM

This is why when people started posting pictures of rough-looking veterans with guns, stating confidently that this was the solution to school shooting problems, I just stayed out of the thread. It won't work. Those rough-looking guys with guns couldn't give two shoots about the kids, they have their own wives and families to live for. In every case I've seen, it's always the teachers, those who have direct relationships with the students, who show themselves willing to lay down their lives to protect the students.

Of course, there are plenty of worthless teachers, too. A lot of them I wouldn't trust with guns, thinking they'd be more likely to shoot a kid who pisses them off.

I don't know the solution, but turning our schools into paramilitary fortresses or prisons is not going provide for better educations. And, as we're seeing here, it doesn't look likely to make the kids any safer, either.

Old-Time-Lifter
02-24-2018, 10:13 AM
This is why when people started posting pictures of rough-looking veterans with guns, stating confidently that this was the solution to school shooting problems, I just stayed out of the thread. It won't work. Those rough-looking guys with guns couldn't give two shoots about the kids, they have their own wives and families to live for. In every case I've seen, it's always the teachers, those who have direct relationships with the students, who show themselves willing to lay down their lives to protect the students.

Of course, there are plenty of worthless teachers, too. A lot of them I wouldn't trust with guns, thinking they'd be more likely to shoot a kid who pisses them off.

I don't know the solution, but turning our schools into paramilitary fortresses or prisons is not going provide for better educations. And, as we're seeing here, it doesn't look likely to make the kids any safer, either.

Amazing that you know whats going on in the heads of those tough looking bastages... I assure you that there are a great many that give many shoots about all kids.

I don't have a problem with using ex-military provided they have the training and pass any required mental evaluations. The problem is one of budget, the money is the issue there.

BTW, not all ex-military as you know have any real small arms training. I have become much more aware of this in talking with my daughter's boyfriend a retired marine infantry sergeant (he's a pretty interesting guy). He scoffs at the idea of hiring people just because they're ex-military... ex-infantry or ex-special forces he's okay with. ;)

ElrondHubbard
02-24-2018, 06:13 PM
Amazing that you know whats going on in the heads of those tough looking bastages... I assure you that there are a great many that give many shoots about all kids.

I don't have a problem with using ex-military provided they have the training and pass any required mental evaluations. The problem is one of budget, the money is the issue there.

BTW, not all ex-military as you know have any real small arms training. I have become much more aware of this in talking with my daughter's boyfriend a retired marine infantry sergeant (he's a pretty interesting guy). He scoffs at the idea of hiring people just because they're ex-military... ex-infantry or ex-special forces he's okay with. ;)

That's not the point. There are many that do. But you cant predict from a photo who will and who won't. As a strategy, it's totally unreliable.

I know what you mean about not everybody having small arms training. I was in the Navy, and few people there had any. I did, because I was expected to be able to guard nuclear weapons while in port. But there were less than a dozen on my boat that would have had any. Of course, at this stage of my life I'd be terrible at security. Any violator would have to shake me awake to get me to respond to him.

Old-Time-Lifter
02-24-2018, 06:27 PM
That's not the point. There are many that do. But you cant predict from a photo who will and who won't. As a strategy, it's totally unreliable.

I know what you mean about not everybody having small arms training. I was in the Navy, and few people there had any. I did, because I was expected to be able to guard nuclear weapons while in port. But there were less than a dozen on my boat that would have had any. Of course, at this stage of my life I'd be terrible at security. Any violator would have to shake me awake to get me to respond to him.

I'm guessing the photo is merely for illustration purposes...

JediRN
02-24-2018, 06:34 PM
I find it unnerving that the conversation is about what we as a nation can do. Whatever the solution is, it's very much a State and local issue. If Texas is wants to arm their teachers and Delaware doesn't, so be it.

When did the most openly flaming liberal on O35 become the "States Rights guy?"

You conservative should be ashamed... tbh.

... actually, are you all really sure that you all are even conservative anymore?

thomashenry
02-24-2018, 06:54 PM
I find it unnerving that the conversation is about what we as a nation can do. Whatever the solution is, it's very much a State and local issue. If Texas is wants to arm their teachers and Delaware doesn't, so be it.

... actually, are you all really sure that you all are even conservative anymore? I for one, can say absolutely, but I believe in something far more significant than conservatism, and just you my friend, You shall no the truth, and the TRUTH" shall set you free

Today, many see as the role of government to step in and correct the problems that exist in the economy and society as a whole. What these people fail to realize is that the problems they want addressed are often problems created by government in the first place. From monetary policy to fiscal policy, to the over regulation of the economy to welfare programs to the take over of major sectors such as education, energy and healthcare both the unintended and intended consequences have often been disastrous.

Anytime government moves beyond its proper roles of protecting rights, adjudicating disputes, national defense and designing the basic rules we work under as a society, tyranny is the result and the genius of freedom is hampered. The reason is that to do anything outside of those basic roles requires that government pick winners and losers, give preferential treatment, violate the rights of some, and use coercion and theft to accomplish its goals. The surest way to heal many of the ills we confront today is not to get government involved but to remove them as the cancer.

ElrondHubbard
02-24-2018, 07:04 PM
I for one, can say absolutely, but I believe in something far more significant than conservatism, and just you my friend, You shall no the truth, and the TRUTH" shall set you free

Today, many see as the role of government to step in and correct the problems that exist in the economy and society as a whole. What these people fail to realize is that the problems they want addressed are often problems created by government in the first place. From monetary policy to fiscal policy, to the over regulation of the economy to welfare programs to the take over of major sectors such as education, energy and healthcare both the unintended and intended consequences have often been disastrous.

Anytime government moves beyond its proper roles of protecting rights, adjudicating disputes, national defense and designing the basic rules we work under as a society, tyranny is the result and the genius of freedom is hampered. The reason is that to do anything outside of those basic roles requires that government pick winners and losers, give preferential treatment, violate the rights of some, and use coercion and theft to accomplish its goals. The surest way to heal many of the ills we confront today is not to get government involved but to remove them as the cancer.

Some problems need government, some don't. Which is which will be a never-ending argument. And the answers will change over time.

thomashenry
02-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Some problems need government, some don't. Which is which will be a never-ending argument. And the answers will change over time. Oh I don't know about that, some answers have never changed, Government is not the solution to most peoples problems, in fact IMO a Truly Humble and Wonderful man went home this week and his message never wavered, not one bit, I`d like to have that kind of Faith

KeepItMoving
02-24-2018, 07:51 PM

... actually, are you all really sure that you all are even conservative anymore?You made a good, conservative point, then pissed it away by letting your bitterness about the beatings you (rightfully) take for being a libersl.

Back to your original point. Education is a State issue. (Well, it should be...it used to be.) The Fed, however, has crapped all over that ever since that old fool Jimmie Carter started the Department of Education. The bloated fed made another massive power grab and has never looked back. Now, our schools are an amalgam of State regulations applying only where they don't conflict with Federal regulations. It's a mess, and now the school's are part of the federal bureaucracy.

That said, I liked your original point. And this SHOULD be a State issue. That's the beauty of this American experiment. We are together from a federal standpoint, but we have our own local ways and customs in our unique states. If a group of wanna be hippie tree huggers in Vermont see guns as a horrible thing that could never be used in schools, fine; They can have it that way. If a bunch of gun toting, pick-up driving Texans want guns in the school to protect the kids, fine!

See how that was supposed to work.

JediRN
02-25-2018, 01:37 AM
You made a good, conservative point, then pissed it away by letting your bitterness about the beatings you (rightfully) take for being a libersl.

Back to your original point. Education is a State issue. (Well, it should be...it used to be.) The Fed, however, has crapped all over that ever since that old fool Jimmie Carter started the Department of Education. The bloated fed made another massive power grab and has never looked back. Now, our schools are an amalgam of State regulations applying only where they don't conflict with Federal regulations. It's a mess, and now the school's are part of the federal bureaucracy.

That said, I liked your original point. And this SHOULD be a State issue. That's the beauty of this American experiment. We are together from a federal standpoint, but we have our own local ways and customs in our unique states. If a group of wanna be hippie tree huggers in Vermont see guns as a horrible thing that could never be used in schools, fine; They can have it that way. If a bunch of gun toting, pick-up driving Texans want guns in the school to protect the kids, fine!

See how that was supposed to work.

There is conservative ideology that is just ingrained in me. There are liberal aspirations that appeal to the best in me. Why can't we all just admit we all have this conflict? Life is about finding that balance, maybe not that balance, but balancing all the balancing points.

The issues we are facing today are tough but they are the good problems. We can get through them by working together but we must always be aware that sometimes "working together" means standing back and letting states be states. There is power in diversity. That's a very liberal statement with a very conservative application sometimes. IMHO

bodymovesyou
02-25-2018, 02:00 AM
I live in Florida, the state where a guy can shoot an unarmed black teen (Trayvon Martin) and get away with it.

https://vitamindan.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/screen-shot-2012-03-26-at-1-18-05-pm.png

Pure media manipulation from the get go.... Trayvon was bashing Zimmerman's skull into the concrete and he was shot for it in self defence.

Case closed

rhadam
02-25-2018, 02:28 AM
I live in Florida, the state where a guy can shoot an unarmed black teen (Trayvon Martin) and get away with it. Lots of corruption and stupidity in the good ole south. You have stories about cops shooting unarmed black teens because they ''thought'' they were armed. But, an actual school shooting in progress, has cops hiding? Why, because the shooter is white, in this case?

lol wut? Facts contradict your delusions here.

dhawkeye1980
02-25-2018, 02:49 AM
Unbelievable

wake_me
02-25-2018, 03:02 AM
Have any of the surviving students publicly commented on this?

SwollNMember
02-25-2018, 08:26 AM
Was either cowardice and/or instruction from their supervisor.

It's cowardice any way you look at. You don't follow immoral orders because you're afraid.

ohiostate124
02-25-2018, 08:28 AM
Have any of the surviving students publicly commented on this?

It’s not in their prepared talking points.