PDA

View Full Version : Horrifically sore for 3 days, ate magic pizza to cure everything.

NovaturientOne
02-23-2018, 04:33 AM
Essentially, I started lifting again on Monday, and I became very sore (shocking, I know) but this was strange because it was getting progressively worse by Wednesday night, more of my body was sore than on Tuesday.

On Thursday it felt like I was sick, you know how every part of your body is tender?
I have been following my nutrition plan to the letter since early January without issue, but after this lift I was becoming progressively more hungry, so I caved, and ordered a pizza and dessert from Dominos, and fell asleep around 10-11PM, I woke up at 5 this morning, started getting ready for work and noticed "Holy sh** I am not sore!?"

This leads me to believe my planned diet was lacking something pretty damn important, which a Domino's pizza and cinnamon sticks was able to provide..

My Planned nutrition info:
Kcal / Day: 2300
Carbs: 259
Fats: 69
Protein: 161

Does anyone have any pointers? Where did I go wrong?
My only guess is that my overall caloric intake was not high enough, so my body was saying "Hell no, I am not spending resources on building muscle". Then Pizza, being straight carbs and fat showed up like a boss to provide the energy to fix everything.

I am pretty new to the bulking phase, so I could really use some advice on what to correct here.

Thanks in advance!
Colemen

Heisman2
02-23-2018, 04:52 AM
Most likely you were detrained, and because of this your soreness peaked closer to the 48 hour mark. It's common for people to start getting DOMS 18-24 hours after a workout and for it to peak at the 24-48 hour mark. For people who are detrained or who do a really intense workout DOMS can peak in the 48-72 hour mark. Most likely eating the pizza did not help your soreness at all, rather your soreness peaked and then subsided while you were sleeping. Or you did have a bit of a virus with myalgias and your body got over that within a day.

SuffolkPunch
02-23-2018, 05:04 AM
Time and sleep made your soreness subside, not pizza.

NovaturientOne
02-23-2018, 05:21 AM
Most likely you were detrained, and because of this your soreness peaked closer to the 48 hour mark. It's common for people to start getting DOMS 18-24 hours after a workout and for it to peak at the 24-48 hour mark. For people who are detrained or who do a really intense workout DOMS can peak in the 48-72 hour mark. Most likely eating the pizza did not help your soreness at all, rather your soreness peaked and then subsided while you were sleeping. Or you did have a bit of a virus with myalgias and your body got over that within a day.

That would make sense!
Well... I will admit, I screwed up this time. But now that I know to hold out a bit longer, I will not make that mistake again!

Thank you for the help!

NovaturientOne
02-23-2018, 05:24 AM
Time and sleep made your soreness subside, not pizza.

Can't you let a man dream!? To imagine magic pizza solved a problem instead of causing one?! haha

But really though, thanks for the help, like I said I haven't seriously lifted in years, and nutrition was not a focus back then, so this is definitely a lesson learned!

Thanks for the help!
Colemen

R5GT
02-23-2018, 05:32 AM
This how bro science started lol.

Mikeez0
02-23-2018, 08:10 AM
Can't you let a man dream!? To imagine magic pizza solved a problem instead of causing one?! haha

But really though, thanks for the help, like I said I haven't seriously lifted in years, and nutrition was not a focus back then, so this is definitely a lesson learned!

Thanks for the help!
ColemenJust eat a slice everyday and you will feel all those magic craving-killing feelings without going over your calories.