PDA

View Full Version : What type of activity should I pick for my daily calories?

boombox3000
02-22-2018, 02:53 AM
Hello,

I've been trying to lose some body fat recently after a successful bulk. I haven't been tracking calories, but now I'd want to to make the process easier and lose as little muscle as possible. I've been trying to use the bodybuilding.com calorie calculator but I'm stuck on what activity level I am at. I do strength training 4 days a week (always pushing myself and sweating like crazy at the end of it). At the same time, I have an intense job which requires lifting and moving around and I work around 3x a week. I workout on days I have no work. I also cycle to get myself around (i.e. to and from work)

So what activity level would i be in? The ones listed on the website are as follow:

ACTIVITY LEVEL
Lightly active (moderate exercise but sedentary job)
Moderately active (intense exercise but sedentary job)
Very active (moderate exercise and active job)
Extra active (intense exercise and active job)

Mikeez0
02-22-2018, 03:33 AM
Try very active and monitor weight changes for 2-3 weeks. It will help you to estimate your TDEE more accurately because all those calculators are just random estimated number

boombox3000
02-22-2018, 03:35 AM
Try very active and monitor weight changes for 2-3 weeks. It will help you to estimate your TDEE more accurately because all those calculators are just random estimated number

Thank you!