PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think that a significant amendment to the 2A is inevitable?

Maestro
02-20-2018, 12:28 PM
There's suppose to be some sort of "Million Student March" that going to take place in DC Florida and a handful of other states some time next month. Its suppose to start on a school day and they're going to stop going to class until congress acts to change gun laws in this country. The students want to do it and the parents are in agreement....

I mean, even if nothing comes of this next month, these are mainly HS kids, who will be graduating in a few years and will soon be able to run for public office.

this forum has been floating around some study saying that this newest generation of kids are the more conservative, but i'm not entirely sure about that...

Highwind7
02-20-2018, 12:31 PM
can kids skip school like that, given that school is mandatory, or does this fall under the first amendment's peaceful assembly?

RIKTER
02-20-2018, 12:31 PM
Our current legal immigration system makes it a guarantee that the constitution and 2nd amendment will be gutted a new one written. Once that new electorate permanently tips the balance of power to a leftist authoritative govt, then guess what follows.

PSToolman
02-20-2018, 12:32 PM
I don't think an amendment is necessary, but new regulations definitely are.

~Hades~
unfortunately, i think its possible because emotions. i however exercised my 2A rights about an hour ago and will again soon before anything changes. thanks, america.

PSToolman
Our current legal immigration system makes it a guarantee that the constitution and 2nd amendment will be gutted a new one written. Once that new electorate permanently tips the balance of power to a leftist authoritative govt, then guess what follows.

Better leftist authoritative than right-wing authoritarian.

Dave22reborn
Eventually they'll go back to class. And I doubt it will be a million.

Dave22reborn
02-20-2018, 12:33 PM

History disagrees with you.

Highwind7
02-20-2018, 12:35 PM

Millions of dead disagree with you.

gixxer0.6g
02-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Millennials are indeed a worthless generation destined to destroy our country but once they finally get jobs and move out of their parent's basement I think they'll find some common sense and come around.

What did Churchill say? "If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain"

RIKTER
02-20-2018, 12:38 PM

How about neither. Plus the right wing was a ways a false boogyman. If Pat Robertsons world view controlled the entirety of the American media, then yes, you would of been correct.

Dave22reborn
02-20-2018, 12:38 PM

More like 100 million.

wesleysh21
02-20-2018, 12:42 PM
Eventually they'll go back to class. And I doubt it will be a million.

When MSM gets done hyping it up, it will definitely be a million.

I definitely don't think an amendment to the constitution will happen. I could see some change in regulations and such. If they think they can just "not go to school" until they get AN ACT OF CONGRESS...they are in for a good lesson in what it actually takes to get an ACT OF CONGRESS to happen.:D

Austanian
02-20-2018, 12:44 PM
That is actually the way I would prefer it... Liberals working their way around the amendment for back door bans is what I find dangerous.

We almost lost the private right to ownership because of 4 Liberal SCOTUS justices' "Interpretation" of what the amendment meant even though journals exist explaining what they meant.

My worry is that it wont be re-written it will just be "interpreted" out of existence.

RIKTER
02-20-2018, 12:45 PM
When MSM gets done hyping it up, it will definitely be a million.

I definitely don't think an amendment to the constitution will happen. I could see some change in regulations and such. If they think they can just "not go to school" until they get AN ACT OF CONGRESS...they are in for a good lesson in what it actually takes to get an ACT OF CONGRESS to happen.:D

There won't be an amendment any time soon. Just ask people who live in heavily blue areas if those in control needed an amendment to infringe on their allah given rights.

BadMonkeyFunker
02-20-2018, 12:54 PM
about 3+ million of these students will be voting age in 2020.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

u done fuked up d....

Noliberals4
02-20-2018, 12:55 PM

I disagree because leftists tend to be very callous and have no problem killing millions of people.

Dave22reborn
02-20-2018, 12:56 PM

u done fuked up d....

Okay....and where were all of them in 2016? Also, weren't you one of those smug posters back in 2016?

BadMonkeyFunker
02-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Okay....and where were all of them in 2016? Also, weren't you one of those smug posters back in 2016?

They were underage you dumfuk... LMFAO

gachase21
02-20-2018, 12:59 PM
It’s possible by the time we have it actually change technology will make it mostly obsolete anyway.

PSToolman
02-20-2018, 01:14 PM

History disagrees with you.

How about neither. Plus the right wing was a ways a false boogyman. If Pat Robertsons world view controlled the entirety of the American media, then yes, you would of been correct.

You guys need to look up the difference between authoritative (accurate, reliable, respected) and authoritarian (my way or the highway, strict, despotic).

wesleysh21
02-20-2018, 01:16 PM
You guys need to look up the difference between authoritative (accurate, reliable, respected) and authoritarian (my way or the highway, strict, despotic).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND here we go with word games.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKoWs7zuE6nXDr2/giphy.gif

DuracellBunny
02-20-2018, 01:21 PM
If I was you, I would hope not. If either side gets the required majority to amend the constitution, do you think that they will change 2A and then walk away? There will either be 0 amendments or there will be 10+. Everybody involved would be drunk on power, at the once in a lifetime opportunity, and they would make wholesale changes.

ohiostate124
02-20-2018, 01:26 PM
No. It will never happen. This would be the issue that leads to another civil war.

Dave22reborn
02-20-2018, 01:32 PM
What's interesting is that those who call Trump a fascist, are the same ones that want their rights stripped away, and a more authoritative government...

Noliberals4
02-20-2018, 01:36 PM
What's interesting is that those who call Trump a fascist, are the same ones that want their rights stripped away, and a more authoritative government...

Trump has exposed them.

My favorite is when liberals say Trump is too insulting/rude yet they throw every insult they can and are unbelievably rude. Look at BadFunkyMunky in this thread for example.

BullittEV
02-20-2018, 02:56 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND here we go with word games.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKoWs7zuE6nXDr2/giphy.gif

he does this every time as if hes never wrong, ive stopped responding to some of his posts because i know thats where it leads.

Shortfuze
02-20-2018, 03:00 PM
If even one of the amendments in the Bill of Rights is tampered with then it will be the end of America.

OPGenesis
02-20-2018, 03:16 PM
he does this every time as if hes never wrong, ive stopped responding to some of his posts because i know thats where it leads.

LOL.

This makes him one of my favorite posters, his smugness, and his ability to believe he interprets everything correctly or sees the deeper meaning in whatever is being discussed, to where others cannot.

Truly a blessing for the misc to be able to host such a poster.

OPGenesis
02-20-2018, 03:18 PM
If even one of the amendments in the Bill of Rights is tampered with then it will be the end of America.

Very true.

If you amend the 2nd amendment you take away the meaning of what America was founded on, plus everything begins to turn into the slippery slope. Once you give some concessions, more will surely follow.

Austanian
02-20-2018, 03:30 PM
Very true.

If you amend the 2nd amendment you take away the meaning of what America was founded on, plus everything begins to turn into the slippery slope. Once you give some concessions, more will surely follow.

That is the thing...

If enough of the population is supporting that amendment that it passes your battle was lost long ago. Amending the bill of rights is not the end of America.

Reinterpreting them to mean different things is the end of America. It tells the populous that the government no longer acknowledges its constraints.

If liberals REALLY wanted a compromise. I would accept a 2nd amendment rewrite that would make it impossible for them to keep taking MORE AND MORE AND MORE.

Instead they take obtuse language and find gaps and ways to manipulate the current 2nd amendment till we are left with NOTHING.

Jh1479
02-20-2018, 03:33 PM
Just arm the teachers and stop forcing them to be sitting ducks.

Maestro
02-20-2018, 04:03 PM
Just arm the teachers and stop forcing them to be sitting ducks.

This has been brought up before. Teachers are wholly liberal and don't want the task of bodyguard as a part of their job description. So that's not gonna happen

gachase21
02-20-2018, 04:18 PM
I’m gonna repost my old stuff again

There was a window between reconstruction and World War II where we could've regulated guns in the United States effectively if we had chosen to.

It would've taken a constitutional amendment which was plausible to pull off especially post reconstruction.

Now any way we attempted to do so would be completely futile.

- first off It would take a constitutional amendment, there are already way too many Supreme Court precedence that make any realistic changing laws almost impossible to hold.

- Additionally already existing inventory of firearms in the United States is astonishingly insurmountable. There are so many that would be available to criminals that if we stopped manufacturing them for even 100 years the supply would remain.

- where the increasing technology in 3-D printing in molding, it will soon be even more futile.

Now if we were already in a climate of regulation that might not matter as much however the gun culture is so deep rooted it would take multiple generations to get past such, and the 3-D technology will be caught up way before that can be achieved to where the supply would just increase.

The argument for gun control and reason behind it is well-founded. You could even argue that the main reasons for guns, self defense and prevention of tyranny, is way overrated compared to the negative's caused by them in today's society.

I might disagree but I could respect that argument.

There was a window for the argument and we missed it.

every discussion, even including modifications, capacity, firing mechanism's, etc, is futile at this point. All the arguments for such are completely based on emotion and are indefensible with facts and logic considering today's reality.

I can understand why it's hard for many Europeans to grasp this because they don't have day by day visible reality to the over abundance of inventory and the deep rooting culture that will surpass any regulation.

The only option we really have is profiling and identifying
/ monitoring people who may do this…. Which it and of itself is a debatable violation of freedom, however plausible to do if we choose

LukeLissen
02-20-2018, 04:19 PM
No.

Not unless you want Civil War Two that you will lose.

Dave22reborn
02-20-2018, 04:31 PM
This has been brought up before. Teachers are wholly liberal and don't want the task of bodyguard as a part of their job description. So that's not gonna happen

You wouldn't be a bodyguard tbough. Think about it, two armed teachers, and armed security, would make someone think twice before going on a shooting spree.

second2noneBrah
02-20-2018, 04:32 PM

Hundreds of millions of dead disagree with you

That is the thing...

If enough of the population is supporting that amendment that it passes your battle was lost long ago. Amending the bill of rights is not the end of America.

Reinterpreting them to mean different things is the end of America. It tells the populous that the government no longer acknowledges its constraints.

If liberals REALLY wanted a compromise. I would accept a 2nd amendment rewrite that would make it impossible for them to keep taking MORE AND MORE AND MORE.

Instead they take obtuse language and find gaps and ways to manipulate the current 2nd amendment till we are left with NOTHING.

It says "Shall not be infringed " how much clearer can it get?

u done fuked up d....

Lol if u believe the few kids CNN are propping up have any pull and every kid turning 18 in 2018 thinks the same

Very low IQ

Austanian
02-20-2018, 04:43 PM
It says "Shall not be infringed " how much clearer can it get?

You were 1 vote away from having your right to own Arms taken away because of "well regulated militia".
The 1939 Sawed of Shotgun ruling was based upon the gun not being used for "military use"

Even your pro-gun justices and legislators already have compromised and "shall not be infringed" is a joke they wipe their ass with. Call it what you will but bans are coming.

"Think of the children" works well for manipulating the masses.

katya422
02-20-2018, 05:13 PM

What about an actual article of the Constitution? Because that got busted in 2006. The Executive branch has been steadily grabbing power with both hands and once it is claimed/goes unchallenged you can be sure that the next President isn't going to voluntarily give it up.

In The Federalist No. 84, Alexander Hamilton stressed the importance of the writ of habeas corpus to protect against "the favorite and most formidable instruments of tyranny." By 1787, several state constitutions already guaranteed habeas corpus, and there was fairly uniform agreement that it would be one of the basic guarantees in the American Republic.

At the Constitutional Convention and the later state ratification conventions, one of the most divisive issues was the failure to ban absolutely any suspension of the writ. Luther Martin argued that the power would be "an engine of oppression" that could be used by the federal government to declare any state opposition to federal law, "however arbitrary and unconstitutional," an act of rebellion. Nonetheless, a general consensus emerged: there could be circumstances where the writ had to be suspended in the most extreme conditions of war or invasion.

When Lincoln suspended habeas corpus people got very worked up and he had to get congressional approval. When Bush did it (detainees = imprisoned without charges or a trial) there were some motions filed against it, but there wasn't exactly an uproar in the press. Obama served out two terms and did nothing to overturn it.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2006/12/04/killing-habeas-corpus

The fact that the US federal government can grab you up, imprison you, and never charge you or give you a trial is kind of a big deal.

Austanian
02-20-2018, 05:18 PM
What about an actual article of the Constitution? Because that got busted in 2006. The Executive branch has been steadily grabbing power with both hands and once it is claimed/goes unchallenged you can be sure that the next President isn't going to voluntarily give it up.

When Lincoln suspended habeas corpus people got very worked up and he had to get congressional approval. When Bush did it (detainees = imprisoned without charges or a trial) there were some motions filed against it, but there wasn't exactly an uproar in the press. Obama served out two terms and did nothing to overturn it.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2006/12/04/killing-habeas-corpus

The fact that the US federal government can grab you up, imprison you, and never charge you or give you a trial is kind of a big deal.

NON US CITIZEN ENEMY COMBATS WITH NO CENTRAL AUTHORITY.

Tell me what you would like to do with them... Obama was against detaining in principle. In reality these people suck at life and should be put down.

Trapstar4.4
02-20-2018, 05:23 PM
if these mass shootings continue over the next few years, then yes it will happen.

ohiostate124
02-20-2018, 06:49 PM
We are here now.

https://i.redd.it/mqgkfyq0yfh01.png

ohiostate124
02-20-2018, 06:53 PM
if these mass shootings continue over the next few years, then yes it will happen.

What do you mean continue? It’s not like Trump’s presidency is the start of this.

Dave22reborn
02-20-2018, 07:25 PM

Nope, you can hope for it to happen, because you need big daddy government to wipe your ass, but it probably won't happen for a long, long time.

monty097
02-20-2018, 09:41 PM
Remember the million women march after Trump won? That accomplished fuk all.

This will have the same result.

monty097
02-20-2018, 09:43 PM

No, it won't.

This chit has been happening since Charles Whitman went up in a clock tower in 1966 and shot 47 people.

Dave22reborn
02-20-2018, 09:44 PM

Remember when actual millions protested the Iraq War in 2003? It made such a difference.....I'm sure this will be different though...

ack33
02-20-2018, 10:12 PM

^This

The gun talk will blow over when something else consumes the news. There won't be a ban on guns anytime soon

Also, these kids will eventually go back to school. There are laws about how many days of class they must be present for, unless the school is counting this as a field trip. Then the school has to pay to house these kids in a hotel until they return to class. Either way it won't last long

Maestro
02-20-2018, 10:29 PM
^This

The gun talk will blow over when something else consumes the news. There won't be a ban on guns anytime soon

Also, these kids will eventually go back to school. There are laws about how many days of class they must be present for, unless the school is counting this as a field trip. Then the school has to pay to house these kids in a hotel until they return to class. Either way it won't last long

So what happens if the kids don't want to go to school and the parents are okay with it? Is the government going to come in and arrest 300+ parents of children because they don't want their children to go to school for fear of being shot?

If that does happen i'm sure that will be a pretty big story to keep this fiasco in the news cycle.

DetroitSnapcity
02-20-2018, 10:36 PM
No. Second Amendment is here to stay no matter how many phaggots scream and cry about it.

FBjuiceboxFTW
02-20-2018, 10:58 PM
More than likely. These old republicans aren’t gonna live forever, it’s only a matter of time before America becomes more progressive

monty097
02-20-2018, 11:12 PM
^This

Well the Trump-Russia collusion angle was destroyed when it was revealed they've been interfering since 2014.

So I suspect this will dominate the news for a while, they have nothing else now.

monty097
02-20-2018, 11:12 PM
More than likely. These old republicans aren’t gonna live forever, it’s only a matter of time before America becomes more progressive

Weren't u guys supposed to fuk off and become your own little phaggot country by now?

werfendiekatze
02-20-2018, 11:23 PM
Lives are worth more than guns.

So.... to save even more lives we should outlaw--or at least regulate--heroin and non methadone synthetics... in 2015, 20,000 US citizens died from these alone!
They must be banned or regulated by law somehow. This should have been done a long time ago.

Also make murder illegal. If it's illegal, it won't happen.

Cesarbruh
02-20-2018, 11:49 PM
So what? And what does this say about the entire schooling system if these kids and their parents don't even understand the concept of rights and where they come from (The Creator)? Nothing more than indoctrination centers

It won't change the fact that rights are UNALIENABLE

NON US CITIZEN ENEMY COMBATS WITH NO CENTRAL AUTHORITY.

Tell me what you would like to do with them... Obama was against detaining in principle. In reality these people suck at life and should be put down.
maybe you missed this part...."ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL...

didn't realize rights were only inherent to Americans....

kel_varnsen
02-21-2018, 12:41 AM
No chance. Way too hard to amend the constitution.

ack33
02-21-2018, 01:25 AM
https://i.imgur.com/fb4HJuF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fi853Yz.jpg

Jizmeister
02-21-2018, 01:56 AM
No. Second Amendment is here to stay no matter how many phaggots scream and cry about it.

Probably this.

I think as the older generation dies off the gap of gun nuts will probably shrink but there will still be at least like a 15-20% of the population that will stand behind the 2A. And that % is way too big to do anything meaningful about it because an attempt at banning guns = a civil war.

fitnessislife
02-21-2018, 02:43 AM

u done fuked up d....

Yeah, about that....

Hillary and Bill Clinton will be back in the white house. You can take to the bank. With any of today's repub candidates against Hillary She will win without even trying.

I guranfukintee ya.

Derp.

Dave22reborn
02-21-2018, 06:32 AM
Probably this.

I think as the older generation dies off the gap of gun nuts will probably shrink but there will still be at least like a 15-20% of the population that will stand behind the 2A. And that % is way too big to do anything meaningful about it because an attempt at banning guns = a civil war.

What's a gun nut?

markUK1
02-21-2018, 06:37 AM
Right to life comes well ahead of right to own a gun.

Owning a gun is pointless.
If they protect you why do so many die by guns
Proves that they ain't for protection.
Just there for little boys to act like men

lsiberian
02-21-2018, 06:41 AM
No one is amending the constitution. The only thing that can change is the interpretation of it and the conservatives now dominate the supreme court.

Dave22reborn
02-21-2018, 06:52 AM

Why do they terrify you so much? Have you ever shot one in your life?

JoshSP1985
02-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Millennials are indeed a worthless generation destined to destroy our country but once they finally get jobs and move out of their parent's basement I think they'll find some common sense and come around.

What did Churchill say? "If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain"

Always cracks me up seeing people on my social media that are left leaning and then they make a post one day about having a hard time finding a job and their social justice demands begin to die down. Welcome to real life brehs.

JoshSP1985
02-21-2018, 07:12 AM

Congrats, you've written one of the most illogical posts of the day.

canonhope
02-21-2018, 07:22 AM

People think millenials are forever 21. the oldest ones are in their mid 30s.

Austanian
02-21-2018, 07:26 AM
So what? And what does this say about the entire schooling system if these kids and their parents don't even understand the concept of rights and where they come from (The Creator)? Nothing more than indoctrination centers

It won't change the fact that rights are UNALIENABLE

maybe you missed this part...."ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL...

didn't realize rights were only inherent to Americans....

Those rights didn't come from "GOD" they game from a gathering of men that agreed they were a good idea. Those men also put procedures in place to change said rights.

They can govern themselves and we govern our people. Try to use your first amendment rights overseas and see how far that argument gets you. You realize how ridiculous it is stating that while they simultaneously said black people aren't worth as much as whites...

What do you do with enemy combatants who think it was their duty assigned by God to destroy the great Satan? This isn't something that stops once a war is over. Tell me what to do with them.

MericaThatsWhy
02-21-2018, 07:42 AM
Always cracks me up seeing people on my social media that are left leaning and then they make a post one day about having a hard time finding a job and their social justice demands begin to die down. Welcome to real life brehs.

You Gen Xers love to bash us don't you.

But just like their are those of you that sit on the misc all day while they're others that are successful and have chit going on in their lives that don't have the time to get on an online forum and bash an entire generation.....We have our basement dwellers with no job while others are in school, working or interning, and building our future

- You brahs are just jelly that you aren't in your 20's right now. You see all of the resources, tech, sloots we have available to us and prob sit there thinking, damn I wish I had this when I was younger

- You best be on your best behavior or you're going straight to the nursing home grand-pa (one filled with libs and chitty warm jello)

JoshSP1985
02-21-2018, 07:47 AM

But just like their are those of you that sit on the misc all day while they're others that are successful and have chit going on in their lives that don't have the time to get on an online forum and bash an entire generation.....We have our basement dwellers with no job while others are in school, working or interning, and building our future

- You brahs are just jelly that you aren't in your 20's right now. You see all of the resources, tech, sloots we have available to us and prob sit there thinking, damn I wish I had this when I was younger

- You best be on your best behavior or you're going straight to the nursing home grand-pa (one filled with libs and chitty warm jello)

Lol what

Motiviert
02-21-2018, 07:50 AM
I'll give up my guns when liberals ban abortion , Tylenol, alcohol, asprin, opiates, cars, knives, any other "deadly weapon"

miscinbro
02-21-2018, 07:53 AM
Those rights didn't come from "GOD" they game from a gathering of men that agreed they were a good idea. Those men also put procedures in place to change said rights.

They can govern themselves and we govern our people. Try to use your first amendment rights overseas and see how far that argument gets you. You realize how ridiculous it is stating that while they simultaneously said black people aren't worth as much as whites...

What do you do with enemy combatants who think it was their duty assigned by God to destroy the great Satan? This isn't something that stops once a war is over. Tell me what to do with them.

That's very well stated.

Jasonw1178
02-21-2018, 07:58 AM
The laws have been getting MORE gun friendly.

Mark my words: The change will not happen the way you may think. What will happen is that as technology goes, new weapons which will make gunpowder fueled projectile weapons basically obsolete and they will just put restrictions on newer types of weapons.

So, in other words, you can pass your AR-15 down to your grandchildren, great grand children, but it will be about as outdated as grandpa's double barreled 12G compared to their hand held rail guns or some kind of energy projection weapon.

miscinbro
02-21-2018, 09:17 AM
The laws have been getting MORE gun friendly.

Mark my words: The change will not happen the way you may think. What will happen is that as technology goes, new weapons which will make gunpowder fueled projectile weapons basically obsolete and they will just put restrictions on newer types of weapons.

So, in other words, you can pass your AR-15 down to your grandchildren, great grand children, but it will be about as outdated as grandpa's double barreled 12G compared to their hand held rail guns or some kind of energy projection weapon.

It’s very interesting, and odd, to me that the second amendment has become just about gunpowder firearms. It says “arms” and in the 1700s that was a lot more than guns. In fact some of the first laws that were challenged via the second amendment had to do with Bowie knives, which were far more reliable in close combat than any pistol before the colt revolver.

CaliSuperSport
02-21-2018, 09:28 AM
If 2A reform is brought by a handful of psychopath FA's who displayed repeated red flags and were even reported to federal law enforcement who failed to follow up........ well that's just American legislation in a nut shell.

Cleveland33
02-21-2018, 09:29 AM
It’s very interesting, and odd, to me that the second amendment has become just about gunpowder firearms. It says “arms” and in the 1700s that was a lot more than guns. In fact some of the first laws that were challenged via the second amendment had to do with Bowie knives, which were far more reliable in close combat than any pistol before the colt revolver.

that's funny - I've long said I would rather fight a guy up close with a gun than with a knife, but if it is a Bowie knife vs a blunderbuss, I'd rather go against a Bowie

miscinbro
02-21-2018, 09:37 AM
that's funny - I've long said I would rather fight a guy up close with a gun than with a knife, but if it is a Bowie knife vs a blunderbuss, I'd rather go against a Bowie

Only if you can stand around for ~30 seconds and make sure the flint is lined up properly, there is powder in the flash pan, the load is properly packed down the barrel etc. Good luck if you’ve been carrying this thing around all day.

The Bowie knife? It’s always going to work. I actually own a historically accurate copy of a civil war Tennessee militia Bowie knife (I also put a shaving sharp edge in it) and you would -not- want to be on the receving end of that thing.

Cleveland33
02-21-2018, 09:39 AM
Only if you can stand around for ~30 seconds and make sure the flint is lined up properly, there is powder in the flash pan, the load is properly packed down the barrel etc. Good luck if you’ve been carrying this thing around all day.

The Bowie knife? It’s always going to work. I actually own a historically accurate copy of a civil war Tennessee militia Bowie knife (I also put a shaving sharp edge in it) and you would -not- want to be on the receving end of that thing.

As long as it wasn't raining heavily, those are non-issues - the flint and the load are easily taken care of. The powder in the pan would be the biggest threat, but it was a reliable system.

miscinbro
02-21-2018, 09:44 AM
As long as it wasn't raining heavily, those are non-issues - the flint and the load are easily taken care of. The powder in the pan would be the biggest threat, but it was a reliable system.

Have you ever shot one? I have (I’m a history nerd) - they are not reliable. At all. Even just the flash pan is a huge issue. You’re going to stand around for a couple seconds and pour some powder in there while I draw my foot of razor sharp steel and come at you?

Lol.

Jrd86
02-21-2018, 10:36 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Why else do democrats endorse unmitigated illegal migration if it didn't benefit them and their party platform? They are looking to replace the native populations with new legal and illegal immigrants from countries that have already disarmed their citizens. They dont treasure the 2A the same way natove norb americans do. In the meantime, they'll buy time by slowly chipping away at the 2A.

Dave22reborn
02-21-2018, 11:44 AM

Actually, isn't there an article stating that Millenials are having less sex then any other generation? And they're also physically weaker then previous generations?

Jerma
02-21-2018, 01:58 PM
they can try, violent revolutions have started over less.

acrawlingchaos
02-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Yes. I believe that we are heading into some sort of gun legislation. If the right refuses to open up discussion we will probably see a shift back to blue. Florida made a mistake when they refused to debate the topic, and we will most likely see changes there first.

Cesarbruh
02-21-2018, 07:05 PM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

I did not know men could magically grant other people rights, especially people from the future. Time to amend that line in the Declaration of Independence to "they are endowed by their superior men with certain unreliable rights"
Can you yourself grant rights? Grant me a right at this moment if you can. Can't? Ok, come how about in conjuction with everyone in R/P? All of you, grant me a right at this moment! Still can't? Sh*t, that's probably because rights don't come from men, they come from the Creator (nature, reality, god, w/e you want to call it). They are granted to you the moment you are born and are inseparable from your being. If you can't grant rights, no one can (i.e. all men are created equal)

Btw, define rights- go ahead, try. If you knew the true definition of righs, you'd understand why the Founding Fathers said it was SELF-EVIDENT (i.e. blatantly f*cking obvious) what rights were, where/who they came from, and how we were all created equally.

Your line of thinking is exactly what empowers control-freaks to impose their will on others causing a massive lost of freedom

monty097
02-21-2018, 07:08 PM

Is your vagina sore after your operation?

acrawlingchaos
02-21-2018, 07:13 PM
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

I did not know men could magically grant other people rights, especially people from the future. Time to amend that line in the Declaration of Independence to "they are endowed by their superior men with certain unreliable rights"
Can you yourself grant rights? Grant me a right at this moment if you can. Can't? Ok, come how about in conjuction with everyone in R/P? All of you, grant me a right at this moment! Still can't? Sh*t, that's probably because rights don't come from men, they come from the Creator (nature, reality, god, w/e you want to call it). They are granted to you the moment you are born and are inseparable from your being. If you can't grant rights, no one can (i.e. all men are created equal)

Btw, define rights- go ahead, try. If you knew the true definition of righs, you'd understand why the Founding Fathers said it was SELF-EVIDENT (i.e. blatantly f*cking obvious) what rights were, where/who they came from, and how we were all created equally.

Your line of thinking is exactly what empowers control-freaks to impose their will on others causing a massive lost of freedomI can absolutely grant rights. They may be limited in scope but it is certainly possible. A right in nothing more than a legal entitlement granted by whatever authority is in power.

BTW was it self evident that blacks and women were equal to white men at the time of the writing? Or... nah?

crupiea
02-21-2018, 07:26 PM
Give it a few weeks. It will be forgotten.

Dave22reborn
02-21-2018, 08:04 PM
Yes. I believe that we are heading into some sort of gun legislation. If the right refuses to open up discussion we will probably see a shift back to blue. Florida made a mistake when they refused to debate the topic, and we will most likely see changes there first.

You do know what a good chunk of people support the second amendment? They're not a minority.

acrawlingchaos
02-21-2018, 08:15 PM
You do know what a good chunk of people support the second amendment?No, I had not realized anyone supported Constitutional Rights until you said something just now. Thank you.

They're not a minority.Most polls show that the majority of Americans support some sort of firearms control legislature, but since many are critical of polls, let's just agree that it really comes down to who actually makes it to the booths.

DamagedAndDull
02-21-2018, 08:29 PM

Yeah, I don't get the people claiming that all rights come from God. If you read the Declaration of Independence the inalienable rights endowed by the creator are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The first is why murder is illegal cause your life would have been taken without due process of law as clarified in the Constitution, the second had to do with privacy, and the third meant the right to private property and ties with the second. None of the "rights" listed in the Bill of Rights are unlimited either and that's been consistent from the get-go. It's also cringey when SJWs bring up "all men are created equal" when all it meant was a rejection of the "divine right of kings"/statement against monarchy and nothing else and all this becomes obvious when reading the entire thing.

Dave22reborn
02-21-2018, 08:39 PM
No, I had not realized anyone supported Constitutional Rights until you said something just now. Thank you.

Most polls show that the majority of Americans support some sort of firearms control legislature, but since many are critical of polls, let's just agree that it really comes down to who actually makes it to the booths.

And yet people like yourself don't have a solution. Also, just because someone votes blue, doesn't mean they support gun control.

acrawlingchaos
02-21-2018, 08:57 PM
And yet people like yourselfPeople like me? I have no idea what you mean (serious). I'm sure this was supposed to be an insult of some kind. People like me that support the 2nd Amendment? People that says things you don't like?

don't have a solution.You never asked my opinion. You are welcome to it. This is from a thread earlier today. Feel free to respond to it if you disagree either in this thread or the others.

IMO, there are several legislative pieces that could make a difference.

1. Mandate firearms training as part of compulsory education (w parental opt out). A semester long class could cover basic civil skills to include personal finance and taxes, how to apply and find work and basic firearm safety.

2. Implement a nationwide campaign on Firearms security.

3. End prohibition which accounts for at LEAST 20% of our nations homicide rate.

4. Create objective criteria for mental health disqualifiers.

5. Require brokers for private sale transfers.

6. Reform prisons. The single most significant difference between the US and most other first world nations, is that we like to make criminals of our population.

Also, just because someone votes blue, doesn't mean they support gun control.Also understood... and there are probably some pro-choice Republicans. Thanks for pointing out the obvious again.

Dave22reborn
02-22-2018, 06:16 AM
People like me? I have no idea what you mean (serious). I'm sure this was supposed to be an insult of some kind. People like me that support the 2nd Amendment? People that says things you don't like?

You never asked my opinion. You are welcome to it. This is from a thread earlier today. Feel free to respond to it if you disagree either in this thread or the others.

Also understood... and there are probably some pro-choice Republicans. Thanks for pointing out the obvious again.

The only one of those points that make the least bit of sense is ending prohibition.

acrawlingchaos
02-22-2018, 08:32 AM
The only one of those points that make the least bit of sense is ending prohibition.Strong debate skills. :rolleyes:

So why do you think they make no sense?

What would you suggest (if anything)?

What did you mean by people like me? You can say it but not stand behind it?

wesleysh21
02-22-2018, 08:52 AM
Strong debate skills. :rolleyes:

So why do you think they make no sense?

What would you suggest (if anything)?

What did you mean by people like me? You can say it but not stand behind it?

I would certainly like to see more practical things taught in grade school, so I think that is a great idea. Even if the gun part won't work in some areas because of politics, I'd still like to see some of the other stuff you brought up.

I've also said that every single transaction of every single gun needs to be documented. It should be no different than a car. You don't just sell someone a car without formally transferring ownership. However, enforcement is definitely the biggest issue there. And by issue, I think its damn near impossible to make happen.

Austanian
02-22-2018, 11:03 AM

Your line of thinking is exactly what empowers control-freaks to impose their will on others causing a massive lost of freedom

Well if we were more specific they actually meant all "White Christian land owning males are created equal" Obviously these rules didn't, apply to Jews, Blacks, Indians, Chinamen, or Women because they very quickly started making different standards for them.

You are the one that thinks "rights" were granted to a person through an invisible all powerful timeless entity. Super... If Odin granted me a different set of rights do I get to enforce them upon you? Absolutely not.

RIGHTS are not abstract. They are defined by a set of rules and principles the ones with power are willing to enforce upon others. When the will of those in power changes your will very quickly see your rights change. It is why your bill of rights means jack chit every where in the rest of the world. Because the people with the power to enforce rights don't agree.

That is life son.

Jrd86
02-22-2018, 01:00 PM

Those 2 things are synonymous in the United States. My right to own a gun is part of my right to life. Look. You foreigners don't have a 2nd amendment. We in America do. We have to live with that. Most gun deaths are suicides. The second biggest gun deaths are gang related. We have well over 300 million guns in this country and 330 million ppl.

Your false sense of needing security doesn't trump my rights to security. I don't care how many ppl have to die. My rights supersede yours in this case. We have a 2nd amendment. Live with it or get the **** out. Or in your case, shut the **** up because you don't live here anyways.

Jrd86
02-22-2018, 01:05 PM
Well if we were more specific they actually meant all "White Christian land owning males are created equal" Obviously these rules didn't, apply to Jews, Blacks, Indians, Chinamen, or Women because they very quickly started making different standards for them.

You are the one that thinks "rights" were granted to a person through an invisible all powerful timeless entity. Super... If Odin granted me a different set of rights do I get to enforce them upon you? Absolutely not.

RIGHTS are not abstract. They are defined by a set of rules and principles the ones with power are willing to enforce upon others. When the will of those in power changes your will very quickly see your rights change. It is why your bill of rights means jack chit every where in the rest of the world. Because the people with the power to enforce rights don't agree.

That is life son.

They didn't belong to Irish either...indentured servitude was common back then. 2% of the US population owned slaves. Let that sink in...

Cesarbruh
02-22-2018, 02:07 PM

That is life son.

you are really dense and it's clear your arrogance will never allow you to see truth

when I refer to god, I don't refer to 'an invisible' being that's thought about in religion, same with the founders, hence why I stated "(nature, reality, god, etc)"

you don't even know what rights are or where they come from gtfo
they are inherent in reality, they are 100% sourced from the ownership of your existence body and the extensions of your body
nature (the creator, reality, w/e you want to call it) made you this way, gave you complete ownership of yourself and of your existence

i'm not gonna sit here and educate you, go ahead and live in complete ignorance

DamagedAndDull
02-22-2018, 03:09 PM
you are really dense and it's clear your arrogance will never allow you to see truth

when I refer to god, I don't refer to 'an invisible' being that's thought about in religion, same with the founders, hence why I stated "(nature, reality, god, etc)"

you don't even know what rights are or where they come from gtfo
they are inherent in reality, they are 100% sourced from the ownership of your existence body and the extensions of your body
nature (the creator, reality, w/e you want to call it) made you this way, gave you complete ownership of yourself and of your existence

i'm not gonna sit here and educate you, go ahead and live in complete ignorance

Yeah that's why women and non-whites couldn't vote for so long after the Declaration was written huh? It was written by a dude who owned hundreds of slaves m8. I already explained what was actually meant by it in this thread.

wickedman
02-22-2018, 03:20 PM
I've had zero interest in purchasing an AR15 or donating to the NRA, but given the media/left reaction to all of this in the last few days I find myself thinking about it for the first time.