PDA

View Full Version : Is Vector Cereal Bad?

firas724
02-18-2018, 10:06 PM
Hello,

I have started eating Vector granola cereal every morning for the past week. It contains 20g of protein per 63g of protein, but it says it contains soy protein concentrate. Even though this is not my main source of protein, is it bad that I am taking this every day? So far I have not seen an effect on my gains, if anything I have gotten bigger. But I have been reading on soy protein and it seems as if it effects body hormones. I just want to know if I should stop eating it and switch to another cereal.

gbullock32
02-18-2018, 10:33 PM
There is nothing wrong with soy.There are no good or bad foods, just food.

desslok
02-19-2018, 12:07 AM
Hello,

I have started eating Vector granola cereal every morning for the past week. It contains 20g of protein per 63g of protein, but it says it contains soy protein concentrate. Even though this is not my main source of protein, is it bad that I am taking this every day? So far I have not seen an effect on my gains, if anything I have gotten bigger. But I have been reading on soy protein and it seems as if it effects body hormones. I just want to know if I should stop eating it and switch to another cereal.

What?!? It contains 20gm of protein per 63gm protein????! Is it mainly collagen?

Mrpb
02-19-2018, 12:13 AM
One portion per day wouldn't be any problem. I wouldn't go overboard on soy protein though.

BrightonBomber
02-19-2018, 12:36 AM
The whole Soy and hormone link is a myth. No study has ever found a link to signify there to be any issue with Soy or testosterone levels. Think about it China probably eats as much Soy as any nation yet they had to ban the buggers from over breeding lol.

rhadam
02-19-2018, 04:12 AM
Soy has minimal impact on hormone levels, so small it has almost no physiological impact.

Mrpb
02-19-2018, 06:19 AM
The whole Soy and hormone link is a myth. No study has ever found a link to signify there to be any issue with Soy or testosterone levels.

Ehhh.. That would be incorrect.

It's easy to find studies that suggest there may be issues with larger quantities.