PDA

View Full Version : Help. I don't know what to do...

SwaggyPKC
02-13-2018, 08:35 AM
Hello everyone, I am not excited to make this post, but it is something that needs to be done. I hopped on the scale today just for fun, and was shocked by what I saw. I currently weigh 400 pounds. I know I do not live the healthiest life, but I have never thought I was anywhere close to that weight. As I am only 19, I want to do something about it now, before I ruin my life for good. Problem being, I don't really know what I need to be doing. I am going to start going to the gym with one of my buddies, but I feel like I need to do more. If there is any information you can share with me that can help me out, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

FatRuss
02-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Eat less. It really is that simple.

If you cut out 25% of the quantity of calories you currently consume the weight would drop off.

Don't waste your calories on drink either, so try to increase water consumption.

xsquid99
02-13-2018, 09:13 AM
Eat less, move more...

Go back 1 page and read the Don't Look Past the Basics sticky.

skyjumper
02-13-2018, 10:06 AM
Eat much less! Try to limit yourself to 2,300 or so calories per day. Track it all in MyFitnessPal or a similar app. Stop eating out. Stop drinking soda, fruit juice, beer, and anything with calories in it. Be careful what you eat. Stop with the sweets. You don't have to eat veggies all day but you do have to avoid the junk food.

yoojungl
02-13-2018, 03:00 PM
Like mentioned, you should at least look over the nutrition section to get started~ If you prefer a more structured plan when it comes to losing weight, start out with counting calories and go from there. If not, start out by incorporating better food choices in your diet and simply make smarter decisions when it comes to food.

Most importantly, go at your pace and take it slow.
If you feel like you can do more at the gym, perhaps look for a workout program for beginners :)

wannafitness
02-14-2018, 04:17 PM
Hello everyone, I am not excited to make this post, but it is something that needs to be done. I hopped on the scale today just for fun, and was shocked by what I saw. I currently weigh 400 pounds. I know I do not live the healthiest life, but I have never thought I was anywhere close to that weight. As I am only 19, I want to do something about it now, before I ruin my life for good. Problem being, I don't really know what I need to be doing. I am going to start going to the gym with one of my buddies, but I feel like I need to do more. If there is any information you can share with me that can help me out, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

People are saying to eat less, but rather than focusing on eating less, look at what you are eating right now. What do you eat on a daily basis? Cut down or stop eating processed foods, try to eat out less, cook your own meals, and eat more whole foods like vegetables and fruits.