PDA

View Full Version : Am i novice or advanced

Gimos
02-11-2018, 05:12 PM
So i started fierce 5 for novice, which is a training program you can look it up. So my main goal is to gain mass, however i am skinny and i was advised to follow this progam since it is a full body workout.

I managed to reach

Sqauts 112,5 kg for 3x5

Bench 85 kg for 3x5

RDL 100 kg for 3x8

I seem to be kinda stack on my bench press while I keep adding a bit of weight on my sqauts every 3 weeks

As I mentioned my main goal is to get big like a lot i weight 81 kg right now with 20 % body fat and I am ectomorph 5.8 height,
I would like to get 10 more kg and after I will start cutting.

I eat around 3400 calories per day since my badget limits me a bit so i eat cheap protein like tuna sardines.

To continue bulking should I do more advanced routine or keep with this one I will put a pic for u to judge if am novice or advanced. As well what do you think of my progress. after 1 and half years of gym I started when i was 19 and now am 20

My diet is bellow I made my self

Breakfast

150 gram oats with water ( hate milk with oats)
4 whole eggs
2 egg whites

Meal 2

2 slices whole wheat bread with 1 Tbsp peaunut butter
1 glass of skimmed milk with 1 Tbsp of olive inside
1 Banana
1 scoop whey protein

Snak

1 can of sardines in oil

Meal 3

2 slices whole wheat bread with 1 Tbsp peaunut butter
1 glass of skimmed milk with 1 Tbsp of olive inside
1 Banana
1 scoop whey protein

Meal 4

Whole wheat pasta 100 grams
Canned tuna in olive oil 120 grams

Wake up during night Meal ( i put alarm)

300 grams of chicken post cooking

rhadam
02-11-2018, 05:18 PM
You're a beginner lol. Why on Earth would you believe you could be considered an advanced lifter, much less skip the intermediate phase lol?

WolfRose7
02-11-2018, 05:18 PM
You are probably on the boundary of novice/intermediate.

If you can still make weekly progress, stick with Fierce 5. The program is very clear as to when you should move on.

I only glanced at your diet but it seems very low on fats. what are your macros?

Gimos
02-11-2018, 05:24 PM
You're a beginner lol. Why on Earth would you believe you could be considered an advanced lifter, much less skip the intermediate phase lol? I used to be very skinny and I managed to reach to what I look now, maybe it is very small compared to other guys for me its huge difference :P I just dont know if i can get bigger than what I am now because i am short and naturally skinny fat guy.

Gimos
02-11-2018, 05:27 PM
You are probably on the boundary of novice/intermediate.

If you can still make weekly progress, stick with Fierce 5. The program is very clear as to when you should move on.

I only glanced at your diet but it seems very low on fats. what are your macros? I dont really calculate the macros, i just know that my protein intake is more than i need to be sure and the rest i just made up to reach the calories, however I am pretty sure i have more fats in my diet than carbs since I get 2x Tbsp olive oil and 60 grams of Pbutter. If u have any cheap recomendation i can add to my food do not hesitate to share with me since i cannot afford expensive stuff like steaks or salmon.

rhadam
02-11-2018, 05:31 PM
I used to be very skinny and I managed to reach to what I look now, maybe it is very small compared to other guys for me its huge difference :P I just dont know if i can get bigger than what I am now because i am short and naturally skinny fat guy.

When you plateau off Fierce 5 then you're ready to be an intermediate lifter.

formicaman
02-11-2018, 07:06 PM
My question is why the heck are you setting an alarm in the middle of the night to make yourself eat???

rhadam
02-11-2018, 07:58 PM
My question is why the heck are you setting an alarm in the middle of the night to make yourself eat???

Oh fuk i didn't even see that.

FUKKING LOL OP WHY ARE U WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO EAT

cosm0
02-11-2018, 08:38 PM
You look naturally musclar to me lol, great genetics anyway.

I would definitely cut tho.

boo99
02-11-2018, 08:49 PM

Omg.

I did that in 1993 after reading my Flex magazine before bed

ErikTheElectric
02-11-2018, 08:55 PM
If you have to ask something like this, you're probably still a novice.

pandabaer
02-11-2018, 09:34 PM
you should limit your egg yolk intake. egg whites are safer

written by a registered dietitian:

"It’s not that egg yolks are “bad.” It’s just that it’s a good idea to keep your daily cholesterol intake to 200-300 milligrams (depending on your particular risk factors); one egg yolk contributes about 200-240 milligrams depending on the size. Even if you are getting the pastured eggs or higher omega-3 eggs, each one contains somewhere around 180 milligrams.

I’ve written about eggs before, but I wanted to bring them up again because I came across an article in an issue of the Canadian Journal of Cardiology where the researchers declared that dietary cholesterol does three things that should motivate us all to stick to the recommended limit:

It increases the susceptibility of LDL to oxidation
Increases excessive amounts of fat circulating in the blood after the meal
Magnifies the adverse effects of the saturated fat we eat in food"

Mikeez0
02-11-2018, 09:46 PM

"It’s not that egg yolks are “bad.” It’s just that it’s a good idea to keep your daily cholesterol intake to 200-300 milligrams (depending on your particular risk factors); one egg yolk contributes about 200-240 milligrams depending on the size. Even if you are getting the pastured eggs or higher omega-3 eggs, each one contains somewhere around 180 milligrams.

I’ve written about eggs before, but I wanted to bring them up again because I came across an article in an issue of the Canadian Journal of Cardiology where the researchers declared that dietary cholesterol does three things that should motivate us all to stick to the recommended limit:

Magnifies the adverse effects of the saturated fat we eat in food"Lol, but 10-15 eggs are totally fine. Doubt someone wants more.

rhadam
02-11-2018, 09:59 PM

Magnifies the adverse effects of the saturated fat we eat in food"

No, no, and no lol. Please stop with this circa 1998 nonsense.

Mrpb
02-12-2018, 12:17 AM
Don't eat tuna everyday because of the mercury. Stop setting your alarm in the middle of the night. Your sleep is more important.

At 5'8 and 81kg I'd consider cutting.

As for your question: I'd consider you early intermediate.

Lol, but 10-15 eggs are totally fine.

Ehh... if only we could conclude that based on good science. It would be nice. What is known though: every egg we eat increases LDL cholesterol a little. LDL cholesterol is a risk factor for CVD risk. So if you're going to eat 10 eggs daily make sure to get your lipids tested. But even if you're lipids are ok, that doesn't mean that eating 10 eggs daily is completely harmless. Several observational studies have shown a dose dependant link between eating more than 6 eggs per week and risk for heart failure.

Common sense and moderation is usually a good idea, it also applies to eggs IMO.

Gimos
02-13-2018, 06:14 PM
My question is why the heck are you setting an alarm in the middle of the night to make yourself eat??? i work 9 hours per day sometimes 8 days in row, i am doing my internship, i have very little time to cook since most of my shifts are late shift so i finish at 12 in the night and i have to come back at 1 cook something eat til 2 sleep if there is gym i wake up at 11 am if not i wake up at 1 pm and i eat again. Lack of time made me to put one of my meals during the night around 5 am. I have a lot of stress during the work and i lose big part of apetite. I hope this anwsered your question.

Gimos
02-13-2018, 06:16 PM
You look naturally musclar to me lol, great genetics anyway.

I would definitely cut tho. Thanks bro, however pictures are not the reallity, without good lightning i look chubby skinny without any muscle in existance :P.

Gimos
02-13-2018, 06:17 PM
If you have to ask something like this, you're probably still a novice. Well i just miss type on title novice or advanced i wanted to write novice or intermidiate i just wanted to know if it was time to switch program thats it.

rhadam
02-13-2018, 06:20 PM
i work 9 hours per day sometimes 8 days in row, i am doing my internship, i have very little time to cook since most of my shifts are late shift so i finish at 12 in the night and i have to come back at 1 cook something eat til 2 sleep if there is gym i wake up at 11 am if not i wake up at 1 pm and i eat again. Lack of time made me to put one of my meals during the night around 5 am. I have a lot of stress during the work and i lose big part of apetite. I hope this anwsered your question.

You're better off getting a full nights sleep rather than forcing yourself to wake up and eat. You can fit food in somewhere when you're awake. Plenty of us work 2 jobs + other responsibilities and find time to cook and eat.

I'll repeat: when you plateau off Fierce 5, then look at switching programs to a PPL or PHAT.

Gimos
02-13-2018, 06:22 PM
Don't eat tuna everyday because of the mercury. Stop setting your alarm in the middle of the night. Your sleep is more important.

At 5'8 and 81kg I'd consider cutting.

As for your question: I'd consider you early intermediate.

Ehh... if only we could conclude that based on good science. It would be nice. What is known though: every egg we eat increases LDL cholesterol a little. LDL cholesterol is a risk factor for CVD risk. So if you're going to eat 10 eggs daily make sure to get your lipids tested. But even if you're lipids are ok, that doesn't mean that eating 10 eggs daily is completely harmless. Several observational studies have shown a dose dependant link between eating more than 6 eggs per week and risk for heart failure.

Common sense and moderation is usually a good idea, it also applies to eggs IMO. Do you think it is worh cutting ? i mean i am afraid that if i cut there will be nothing to see when the fat dissapears. And for the food do you have any good cheap protein source that i did not include in my diet. I am intern so i get paid 200 euros per month and i have to survive with this all month including food and all the activities i may do, i dont have money to even go party i have to refuse to my friends all the time i just waste a bit of money on some restaurants, when i get sick of eating the same food everyday.

Gimos
02-13-2018, 06:27 PM
You're better off getting a full nights sleep rather than forcing yourself to wake up and eat. You can fit food in somewhere when you're awake. Plenty of us work 2 jobs + other responsibilities and find time to cook and eat.

I'll repeat: when you plateau off Fierce 5, then look at switching programs to a PPL or PHAT. Alright man thank you a lot, i will try to get 8 hours sleep or more since sometimes i sleep even 3 hours when i have early shift >.<.

Mrpb
02-14-2018, 04:30 AM
Do you think it is worh cutting ? i mean i am afraid that if i cut there will be nothing to see when the fat dissapears.

Yes I think it's worth it. If you can maintain that strength and volume (Fierce 5) during your cut you will look quite good I think.

There are some physical reasons as well: inflammation tends to get higher the fatter you get, insulin sensitivity tends to decrease, the anabolic response to protein becomes lower. These factor tend to make it harder to gain muscle
https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/inflammation-muscle-growth/
https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html/

You're saying you've plateaued on your bench. Next step (after your cut) I'd go with 4 day upper/lower split. Like Fierce or Lyle McDonald or Eric Helms.

Gimos
02-14-2018, 07:50 AM
Yes I think it's worth it. If you can maintain that strength and volume (Fierce 5) during your cut you will look quite good I think.

There are some physical reasons as well: inflammation tends to get higher the fatter you get, insulin sensitivity tends to decrease, the anabolic response to protein becomes lower. These factor tend to make it harder to gain muscle

You're saying you've plateaued on your bench. Next step (after your cut) I'd go with 4 day upper/lower split. Like Fierce or Lyle McDonald or Eric Helms. Alright man thank you so much for your time, yeah i plateaued on the bench and i dont know why i mean 85kg is nothing for 3x5, however everyone in my gym think it is very impressive and i feel good when they ask me how long i train and what is my program. Still in reallity am nothing compared to all this monsters on bb.com even a bit. My goal is 100 kg bench 140 kg squat and for the RDL i need to figure something for my grip if i want to improve it. Fierce 5 novice is an amazing program and i am very happy i tried it, my squat was so bad before this program and i managed to put 112.5 kg, i would never believe i could do so much. Last question if i cut do i remain on same weight in excercises or i have to drop my ex. squat, bench a bit down or keep increasing if i can.

Mrpb
02-14-2018, 07:52 AM
Alright man thank you so much for your time, yeah i plateaued on the bench and i dont know why i mean 85kg is nothing for 3x5, however everyone in my gym think it is very impressive and i feel good when they ask me how long i train and what is my program. Still in reallity am nothing compared to all this monsters on bb.com even a bit. My goal is 100 kg bench 140 kg squat and for the RDL i need to figure something for my grip if i want to improve it.

Straps.

Last question if i cut do i remain on same weight in excercises or i have to drop my ex. squat, bench a bit down or keep increasing if i can.

Ideally you try to improve it. If not possible you keep it the same.