PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had any longevity issues with their Beats?

squirrell751
02-06-2018, 05:59 PM
I was looking to get some PowerBeats 3 or Beats X after trying out a friends

They block out ambient noise much better than AirPods and sound nearly identical, plus not a fan of not having something to hold the two earbuds together

Reading reviews online though there seems to be some longevity issues, and there are a lot of refurbished Beats products

I tried Jaybirds as well and they didn't seem to be worth it for the price

Fapadrol
02-06-2018, 06:04 PM
My only experience with beats were when they were called 'beats by dre'. Not sure if the quality has gone up or down.

My ex purchased "beats studio" or whatever. They were huge and looked pretty good. At the time they were worth around £300 or so (just looool).

3 months later the left pad broke and had to be fixed. 3 weeks after that, sound stopped working and the right side was essentially dead.

Be careful, for expensive headphones you'll expect them to last at least a few years

squirrell751
02-06-2018, 06:10 PM
My only experience with beats were when they were called 'beats by dre'. Not sure if the quality has gone up or down.

My ex purchased "beats studio" or whatever. They were huge and looked pretty good. At the time they were worth around £300 or so (just looool).

3 months later the left pad broke and had to be fixed. 3 weeks after that, sound stopped working and the right side was essentially dead.

Be careful, for expensive headphones you'll expect them to last at least a few years

I'm seeing reviews like this over and over again sadly

I tried out PowerBeats 3 and they blocked out noise well, sound volume was good with it only turned halfway up, and I couldn't find anything bad to say about the sound quality

Fapadrol
02-06-2018, 06:16 PM
I'm seeing reviews like this over and over again sadly

I tried out PowerBeats 3 and they blocked out noise well, sound volume was good with it only turned halfway up, and I couldn't find anything bad to say about the sound quality

If your going to buy decent heads, I would recommend you avoid beats (like I said, I'm just going from my past observation)

Have you looked into sennheiser hd650's? These were the ones she used instead after the beats failed.

HockeyBacon18
02-06-2018, 06:30 PM
mine lasted about a year and a half before the bluetooth stopped working on them.

they work corded, but like i didnt drop money to have a fancy set of corded headphones

dcbone30
02-06-2018, 06:36 PM
They cost $5 in materials and are made in China. What do you expect?

wisdommaster1
02-06-2018, 07:40 PM
I bought some beats and went through 3 pairs in 4 months. Each time apple replaced them but then they would stop holding a charge. Finally just bought a good pair of headphones

squirrell751
02-06-2018, 07:41 PM
If your going to buy decent heads, I would recommend you avoid beats (like I said, I'm just going from my past observation)

Have you looked into sennheiser hd650's? These were the ones she used instead after the beats failed.

I need earbuds or in-ear headphones for cardio

Those look like some quality headphones though

mine lasted about a year and a half before the bluetooth stopped working on them.

they work corded, but like i didnt drop money to have a fancy set of corded headphones

I bought some beats and went through 3 pairs in 4 months. Each time apple replaced them but then they would stop holding a charge. Finally just bought a good pair of headphones

Fuark alright brahs

skinnyFAT91
02-06-2018, 07:47 PM
When I owned Powerbeats 3, the hook breaks off. Mine lasted 6 months with 4 hours of usage every weekday. Also the sound quality was lacking, my 80 dollar Sol wireless buds with the neckband sounded a lot better and got a lot louder. Only thing moderately impressive with Pb3 is the battery life. If it was a hundred dollars cheaper it might be worth the investment. Happy shopping!!

matthew2474
02-07-2018, 04:13 AM
The most over rated and overpriced audio products ever

Furybox
02-07-2018, 04:50 AM

Have 650s myself and they are 10/10
(But of course no use for workouts)

squirrell751
02-07-2018, 05:23 AM
The most over rated and overpriced audio products ever

I'm not poor so I don't care

AWillis
02-07-2018, 06:48 AM
love my SONY Extra Bass MDR-XB950BT Wireless Bluetooth Headphones.. used them literally everyday whilst walking for the last year and never skipped a beat. battery lasts forever.

if i could justify it i would get the SONY MDR-1000X hnnnnnngh

Chronic23
02-07-2018, 08:47 AM
I have two pairs, and I've had them for around 4 years.
First pair were one of the original bluetooth ones. I remember taking them off of my head and they snapped, but luckily I was able to replace them.

https://i.imgur.com/cGW4c36.jpg

The second pair was the studio pair, they still work great but the cushion on the ear is coming off. I didn't even know the name of the company went from "beats by dre" to just "beats.

Tee0331
02-07-2018, 08:58 AM
I bought a pair of beats once. Things fell apart on me within a year. Since then I won't go near them. There are many other companies that offer a better product at a lower price. I'd recommend digging around.

JaxBrah
02-07-2018, 10:34 AM
i have the powerbeats 2. they completely fell apart within a year

Hazard69
02-07-2018, 06:15 PM
I've had my studios for about a year and a half and absolutely no complaints