PDA

View Full Version : Fox lands TV rights for Thursday Night Football

niospecv
01-31-2018, 07:04 AM
5 yr deal $550 million through 2020.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman won't call the games either.

GarthVader
01-31-2018, 07:08 AM
5 yr deal $550 million through 2020.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman won't call the games either.

That's a huge selling point.

Dan916
01-31-2018, 09:15 AM
will it be shown on Fox or Fox Sports 1?

Big_Spaz
01-31-2018, 09:16 AM
I really hope they go with Gus Johnson.

-Spaz

dougefresh93
01-31-2018, 09:18 AM
Gus Johnson please!

/_tJ_gOzT_CU

Godyssey
01-31-2018, 09:26 AM
Trump, Fox, and its pundits have been going on and on about how the NFL is failing and they suck etc.

so what do they do?

buy the absolute worst NFL Product available out of desperation since ESPN owns everything else.

remarkable.

LamarJackson
01-31-2018, 01:18 PM
Trump, Fox, and its pundits have been going on and on about how the NFL is failing and they suck etc.

so what do they do?

buy the absolute worst NFL Product available out of desperation since ESPN owns everything else.

remarkable.

They didn't say they suck and failing they reported ratings are down which is a fact.

Why are you mentioning Trump?

MajesticLion
01-31-2018, 01:24 PM
Guaranteed waste of money.

theACEofSPADES
01-31-2018, 01:32 PM
Does this mean it's not on NFLN anymore?

Swept
01-31-2018, 01:39 PM
Lmao this libtard thinks Fox News = all of Fox

Hoyer4MVP
01-31-2018, 02:29 PM

so what do they do?

remarkable.

God damn you’re stupid.

johnnyboi123
01-31-2018, 06:25 PM
Not bad considering NFL is dead according to some trumpcucks.

captaincuck
01-31-2018, 06:56 PM

so what do they do?

remarkable.

Holy fuk

Godyssey
02-01-2018, 07:06 AM
They didn't say they suck and failing they reported ratings are down which is a fact.

Why are you mentioning Trump?

why am i mentioning Trump with FOX news? is that a serious question?

God damn you’re stupid.

Hoyer for Most Valuable Player...."stupid"

lsiberian
02-01-2018, 07:10 AM
God damn you’re stupid.

Not sure it's nice to make fun of a guy who's posting history indicates he's suffered serious CTE

GarthVader
02-01-2018, 07:32 AM

Where was Fox News mentioned ITT?

Hoyer4MVP
02-01-2018, 07:39 AM

Guy is brain dead. Should see his argument for why Julio Jones is better than Antonio Brown. I have a strong suspicion he is mentally challenged.

Godyssey
02-01-2018, 07:56 AM

why was Fox news mentioned when its the biggest thing on FOX, they constantly criticize the NFL, yet their network just bought the worst NFL product available?

Guy is brain dead. Should see his argument for why Julio Jones is better than Antonio Brown. I have a strong suspicion he is mentally challenged.

hey no worries. ill post the argument so he doesnt have to look too hard.

Career Numbers:

J. Jones - 6.2 RPG, 95.3 YPG, 0.5 TD per game
A.Brown - 6.4 RPG, 86.2 YPG, 0.5 TD per game

Playoffs:
J. Jones - 7.6 RPG, 104.3 YPG, .8 TD Per Game
A.Brown - 5.1 RPG, 83.7 YPG, .4 TD Per Game

good to know you take being wrong so bad, though. still thinking about it huh? yikes.

GarthVader
02-01-2018, 08:54 AM
why was Fox news mentioned when its the biggest thing on FOX, they constantly criticize the NFL, yet their network just bought the worst NFL product available?

They already have an NFL product that makes money. They're just acquiring another asset, which doesn't require a cable subscription. Good move if you ask me.

Hoyer4MVP
02-01-2018, 09:01 AM

hey no worries. ill post the argument so he doesnt have to look too hard.

Career Numbers:

Playoffs:

good to know you take being wrong so bad, though. still thinking about it huh? yikes.

This kid has been watching CNN so much that he posts fake news stats when discussing football. Wow.

Godyssey
02-01-2018, 09:30 AM
They already have an NFL product that makes money. They're just acquiring another asset, which doesn't require a cable subscription. Good move if you ask me.

THe NFL is purging money/viewers at every end. THem acquiring the worst NFL product available is not a "smart move"...

this is an absolutely awful analogy but imagine Starbucks starting to lose money and customers. if i went in and acquired rights to their worst selling drink, would you say "smart move!"

This kid has been watching CNN so much that he posts fake news stats when discussing football. Wow.

why are you so angry lol. this is an internet forum. good god.

GarthVader
02-01-2018, 09:41 AM
THe NFL is purging money/viewers at every end. THem acquiring the worst NFL product available is not a "smart move"...

this is an absolutely awful analogy but imagine Starbucks starting to lose money and customers. if i went in and acquired rights to their worst selling drink, would you say "smart move!"

It's the worst selling probably because it's an extra cable subscription so only the most enthusiastic NFL fans would watch it. I don't have NFL network with my cable package and it's not worth the extra money to me to watch an extra game a week. But now it's on a TV network, I'll probably watch the Thursday night game just because it's on. That's just my guess though. I haven't really looked into it.

BearyManilowe
02-01-2018, 09:48 AM

Fox already has an NFL deal. Thursday nights on Fox networks suck. Even though TNF sucks, it'll bring in more advertising money and more money than it costs them to purchase the rights for.

How is this even possible for you to try to spin this.

Also, Trump has nothing to do with the Fox Network. Him being President has nothing to do with Fox's business ventures.

midcoastking33
02-01-2018, 10:07 AM
thursday night football is a mistake

Chronic23
02-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Career Numbers:

Playoffs:

The career numbers argument doesn't really work though, considering Julio was a first round pick and inserted in to the starting lineup from day 1 vs AB being a late bloomer. He didn't do anything noteworthy his first three years, then became a monster.
I just did a quick comparison on them over the last four years, and everything seems the same except AB has a lead in touchdowns [44 vs 23] and receptions [472 vs 411]

TommyRO
02-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Fox already has an NFL deal. Thursday nights on Fox networks suck. Even though TNF sucks, it'll bring in more advertising money and more money than it costs them to purchase the rights for.

How is this even possible for you to try to spin this.

Also, Trump has nothing to do with the Fox Network. Him being President has nothing to do with Fox's business ventures.

I have NFL network And I barely Watch those games. Short week = tired and terrible product on the field. Most of the games are blowouts

Aesthetical
02-01-2018, 10:20 AM
It's the worst selling probably because it's an extra cable subscription so only the most enthusiastic NFL fans would watch it. I don't have NFL network with my cable package and it's not worth the extra money to me to watch an extra game a week. But now it's on a TV network, I'll probably watch the Thursday night game just because it's on. That's just my guess though. I haven't really looked into it.

That's how I feel about it too.

I wont pay extra because cable already costs too much, but now that is available to me, I will watch as long as its a good matchup. Otherwise basketball is more entertaining and doesn't take up 3.5-4 hours.

Vitamin0
02-01-2018, 10:24 AM

Calm down EastCoastNiner

YesWayNoWeigh
02-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Need to scrap Thursday's. They're terrible

Godyssey
02-01-2018, 12:07 PM
The career numbers argument doesn't really work though, considering Julio was a first round pick and inserted in to the starting lineup from day 1 vs AB being a late bloomer. He didn't do anything noteworthy his first three years, then became a monster.
I just did a quick comparison on them over the last four years, and everything seems the same except AB has a lead in touchdowns [44 vs 23] and receptions [472 vs 411]

that is AB supporters only argument but we cant penalize Julio for being good from day one. AB has played in more playoff games and Julio decimates him in every single playoff category, still.

this is with having Matt Ryan who is inconsistent to say the least compared to big ben, who is an all time great.

Also, Julio missed 13 (i think?) games a few years ago with his injury. that has to factor into your stats as well. a lot of factors come into play...but there isnt a single person on this planet taking AB over Julio.

Hoyer4MVP
02-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Don’t bother arguing with him. He’s a massive Julio coper.

He uses per game stats because it eliminates the huge issue of Julio missing games that AB doesn’t miss. Not to mention this whole argument began in a “AB is the current best WR” thread and he brings up stats from 7 years ago lol.

Kid is pathetic.

Godyssey
02-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Don’t bother arguing with him. He’s a massive Julio coper.

He uses per game stats because it eliminates the huge issue of Julio missing games that AB doesn’t miss. Not to mention this whole argument began in a “AB is the current best WR” thread and he brings up stats from 7 years ago lol.

Kid is pathetic.

you didnt take statistics class bc you have zero secondary education, but if two sample sizes are similar but completely different lengths, you take averages to gather a trend.

they are pretty similar during the regular season in every category. (julio averages 10 more yards/game. for an average, thats pretty large.)
Julio blows him out of the water in every statistic for playoffs, and AB has been in MORE games. AB completely disappears during the playoffs and there is numerical data that backs that up. he did good in his one game this year bc Ben threw the ball 60 times.

i have numbers. you have hissy fit opinions and anger.

i win.

back on topic bc im tired of destroying you..if they fix the TNF scheduling this could be massive for Fox. but they only schedule awful games. we will see how it shakes down.

Hoyer4MVP
02-01-2018, 12:49 PM
you didnt take statistics class bc you have zero secondary education, but if two sample sizes are similar but completely different lengths, you take averages to gather a trend.

they are pretty similar during the regular season in every category. (julio averages 10 more yards/game. for an average, thats pretty large.)
Julio blows him out of the water in every statistic for playoffs, and AB has been in MORE games. AB completely disappears during the playoffs and there is numerical data that backs that up. he did good in his one game this year bc Ben threw the ball 60 times.

i have numbers. you have hissy fit opinions and anger.

i win.

back on topic bc im tired of destroying you..if they fix the TNF scheduling this could be massive for Fox. but they only schedule awful games. we will see how it shakes down.

Didn’t read. Saw massive post and know it’s littered with cope. Yikes.

Gayle1
02-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Mods rn

https://i.imgur.com/gEoTXrW.jpg

SteezeFactory
02-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Mods rn

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gEoTXrW.jpg[/img

Mod's dont give a chit about the sports misc, it's the wild wild west out here.

CobyWan
02-01-2018, 04:00 PM
I'd be all for getting rid of TNF all together. It was cool at first to have an extra night of football but the product on the field has sucked. The players also hate it and very likely contributes to more injuries.

Hoyer4MVP
02-01-2018, 04:44 PM
I'd be all for getting rid of TNF all together. It was cool at first to have an extra night of football but the product on the field has sucked. The players also hate it and very likely contributes to more injuries.

Actually some players like it. Usually don’t have to practice in pads that week and then they have the weekend off.

Tommy12Orr4
02-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Calm down EastCoastNiner

Watch your mouth.

YoungMetro24
02-06-2018, 12:58 PM

You really think he thinks Hoyer should be MVP huh? You must be a thrill at comedy clubs.

Hardknock
02-06-2018, 06:57 PM
I'd be all for getting rid of TNF all together. It was cool at first to have an extra night of football but the product on the field has sucked. The players also hate it and very likely contributes to more injuries.This. They average 3 good games a year. It was cool when it was every now and then back in the day. When it became a weekly promotion it became trash.

Hardknock
02-06-2018, 06:59 PM
Actually some players like it. Usually don’t have to practice in pads that week and then they have the weekend off.There are more players saying they hate it though. Either way, it's trash regardless. 3 or 4 good games per year at best.

Godyssey
02-07-2018, 09:35 AM
You really think he thinks Hoyer should be MVP huh? You must be a thrill at comedy clubs.

imagine being so obsessed with someone that you follow them into multiple threads and reply to their 6 day old posts.

holy. fukking. chit.

Future24
02-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Godyssey continues to prove his low IQ.

orderoutofchaos
02-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Its cause all teams that tend to play thursday night football are now good...jags rams, 49ers, titans, raiders seahawks. To me, it seems like those teams tend to be Thurs night football so fox wants to get those games

YoungMetro24
02-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Godyssey continues to prove his low IQ.

Par for the course for a Nu-ISIS cuck.