PDA

View Full Version : Beginning to work out and be healthy

djn002
01-30-2018, 07:25 AM
Hey. I just started working out and eating healthier. I'm 31 and just want to live a healthy lifestyle. I have a few questions about eating healthy and protein shakes. Do you guys who are in great shape drink a different protein shake in the morning than one you might drink after a work out? Or do you use the same product? Also, my diet used to consist of rice just at about every meal. I've since moved over to brown rice. What do you guys think bout brown rice? I know it's healthier but should I try to eliminate rice altogether? Any info will help. Like I said, after 31 years, I'm looking to be healthy. Drop my blood pressure, lose weight. I've been doing this for about a month now and have seen some slight changes. My face for one has gotten thinner. I just want to get better. And it's a lot easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for your input.

Vandeman17
01-30-2018, 07:42 AM
Read the stickies at top of page. Shakes aren't needed unless you are short on protein for your day. Rice is fine if it works for your needs as well. All these questions are addressed in stickies.

yoojungl
01-30-2018, 08:41 AM
People drink shakes because it's convenient and helps reach his/her protein intake. If you can, you can get your protein intake through real foods~

Good luck with your fitness journey :)