PDA

View Full Version : Beef & Rice diet for the millionth time

officialchriseg
01-19-2018, 05:53 AM
Ok, I know this is the question that keeps popping up.

I'm currently eatting 4oz white rice and 5oz of lean ground beef.

Im currently 40% body fat so im trying to shred and convert some of that fat to muscle.

Pro's - Con's suggestions....

formicaman
01-19-2018, 06:09 AM
What about it? Need more details about overall diet

officialchriseg
01-19-2018, 06:11 AM
That's literally the diet.

3 times a day, 1 protein shake mid morning & cytogreens with the 3 other meals.

Paulkirkm
01-19-2018, 06:13 AM
To be honest man everything that matters are calories in vs calories out. Everyone here is going to tell you to track/weight all your food and adjust accordingly for fat loss. If you're 40% bf you can afford big deficits and lose around 3-4lbs a week. When you hit 20% bf, drop 1-1.5lbs a week. Or you could eat the same every week and adjust accordingly to your weight drop numbers. I suggest you track calories for a period of time to learn a little bit. Also read the stickies please. If you want to be healthy and optimal:

.8 x Bodyweight in Lbs (or ideal bodyweight if you're obese) = minimum protein intake
.4 x Bodyweight in Lbs = minimum fat intake

The rest of your calories don't really matter (can add whatever) but try to eat whole Foods 90% of the time since micronutrients are fairly important to be healthy and feel good.

Celstick
01-19-2018, 06:28 AM
You are setting yourself up for failure. Do you plan on eating white rice and lean ground beef, for every meal, forever? Surely their are other foods you enjoy? Not only does that sound incredibly boring, but it's lacking essential nutrients too.

There is some fantastic information in the stickies - particularly about DCA (Discretionary Calorie Allowance) where you can eat the foods you like while achieving your fitness goals.

My final advice is to be patient - plan for the long term outcome.

squesto
01-19-2018, 06:41 AM
That's literally the diet.

3 times a day, 1 protein shake mid morning & cytogreens with the 3 other meals.

I would not be able to sustain this at all.. I guess if the calories add up then you can still lose weight but really, you should consider a variety of foods so you get your nutrients in. There are tons of good posts here (check out the recipes sticky) that have meal suggestions you can check out!

Mrpb
01-19-2018, 06:46 AM

I'm currently eatting 4oz white rice and 5oz of lean ground beef.

Im currently 40% body fat so im trying to shred and convert some of that fat to muscle.

Pro's - Con's suggestions....

Read this please: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&page=1

desslok
01-19-2018, 07:12 AM

Actually this doesn't keep popping up because not many are dumb enough to consider something that stupid.

DrunkenMoron
01-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Hey man,

Getting the ball rolling is the most important thing.. I know a 10000 people who come to me saying

" what if I eat x amount chicken and x amount rice only 4 times a day "

And I say great that works... Eating cleaning is one thing, find your comfort zone. Don't dive into the deep end with very specific diet plan and meal variety.

Start how you've suggested and I'm sure you'll want to spice or change things up your self.

However as mentioned if you plan to only eat the mentioned till the end of time then you're setting your self up for a fail.

xsquid99
01-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Actually this doesn't keep popping up because not many are dumb enough to consider something that stupid.

LOL... I remember old my roommate did the "lemonade" diet for like a week, dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life. People are funny...

Ilikebeef
01-19-2018, 07:24 AM
A certain type of person might benefit from a diet that is very boring, for instance I have gut problems and am rarely hungry, I need to set alarms to remind me to eat or I will wait until im starving. Then I have difficulty deciding what to eat and I dont really care so having a bunch of the same thing with proper macros pre-prepared could be nice. But for the normal person,(cuz i remember when i was) you will probably get sick of it in 3 days or less.

latverian41
01-19-2018, 07:27 AM
You should skip the garbage white roice and go with brown. Wont cause insulin spike and its slow digesting so will give yoiu energy for yoiur workouts over a longer period of time.

White rice, white bread is pure garbage

Mrpb
01-19-2018, 07:33 AM
A certain type of person might benefit from a diet that is very boring, for instance I have gut problems and am rarely hungry, I need to set alarms to remind me to eat or I will wait until im starving. Then I have difficulty deciding what to eat and I dont really care so having a bunch of the same thing with proper macros pre-prepared could be nice. But for the normal person,(cuz i remember when i was) you will probably get sick of it in 3 days or less.

A diet consisting of beef and rice would be a terrible idea for anyone.

Ghawk21
01-19-2018, 07:41 AM
You should skip the garbage white roice and go with brown. Wont cause insulin spike and its slow digesting so will give yoiu energy for yoiur workouts over a longer period of time.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/tip-stop-eating-brown-rice

Disagree about the white vs brown rice. Regardless though eating nothing but beef and brown rice will leave a number of micronutrient and fiber holes in the diet. OP if this is the "millionth time" then its obviously not something sustainable for you or else it would be the here it goes first time and worked. Use the info in the stickies to find food you actually like to fit your macros.

latverian41
01-19-2018, 07:44 AM

Disagree about the white vs brown rice. Regardless though eating nothing but beef and brown rice will leave a number of micronutrient and fiber holes in the diet. OP if this is the "millionth time" then its obviously not something sustainable for you or else it would be the here it goes first time and worked. Use the info in the stickies to find food you actually like to fit your macros.

What is there to disagree with? Its a simple carb vs a complex carb?

Mrpb
01-19-2018, 07:47 AM

The phytate issue is overblown, especially by the paleo crowd. It has a minor effect on nutrient absorption.

The main benefit of brown rice is the generally higher fiber content. If people have no problem reaching 38 gram fiber per day they may as well select the rice they prefer.

Ghawk21
01-19-2018, 07:56 AM
The phytate issue is overblown, especially by the paleo crowd. It has a minor effect on nutrient absorption.

The main benefit of brown rice is the generally higher fiber content. If people have no problem reaching 38 gram fiber per day they may as well select the rice they prefer.

Good to know the phytate issue is overblown, I had read more about it recently and thought it was a bigger deal.

boo99
01-19-2018, 08:12 AM

Strong user name to post subject

Mrpb
01-19-2018, 08:14 AM
Good to know the phytate issue is overblown, I had read more about it recently and thought it was a bigger deal.

From what I've seen they usually use animal studies to drive the point home. In humans the majority of data shows health benefits of brown rice.

If someone would eat brown rice all day it may become a problem. However, I'd be more worried about the arsenic content.

xsquid99
01-19-2018, 08:16 AM

That's not entirely true... Basmati rice (which is white) has a much lower glycemic index and wont spike insulin like other varieties of white rice...

latverian41
01-19-2018, 08:18 AM
That's not entirely true... Basmati rice (which is white) has a much lower glycemic index and wont spike insulin like other varieties of white rice...

True Basmati is an exception. That slipped my mind I'm referring to yoiur average junk white rice

ironwill2008
01-19-2018, 08:20 AM
I smell the start of another dumpster fire!

Mrpb
01-19-2018, 08:23 AM

True Basmati is an exception. That slipped my mind I'm referring to yoiur average junk white rice

Except that GI is a non issue for healthy active people eating mixed meals.

Ilikebeef
01-19-2018, 09:11 AM
A diet consisting of beef and rice would be a terrible idea for anyone.

ONLY beef and rice? yeah, u right. lol.