View Full Version : Fake News Awards!!!

ohiostate124
01-17-2018, 05:23 PM
The madman did it

https://i.imgur.com/Qyv0CwJ.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/953794085751574534

https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipated-2017-fake-news-awards/

Another link if the gop is still down:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180118010005/https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipated-2017-fake-news-awards/

Links include pictures, charts, etc.

1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.

2. ABC News' Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.

3. CNN FALSELY reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.

4. TIME FALSELY reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.

5. Washington Post FALSELY reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.

6. CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.

7. CNN FALSELY reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”

8. Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.

9. CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.

10. The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.

11. And last, but not least: "RUSSIA COLLUSION!" Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!

dabbmw2002
01-17-2018, 05:35 PM
Lol, would pay money to see Krugman's face

jlick
01-17-2018, 05:38 PM
I'm confused lol. I guess the GOP are fake news when you really think about it. Especially McCain and Flake.

wait it loaded now. oh geeeeez. This is gold.

Killshot1
01-17-2018, 05:44 PM
Fukin lol, legit didn't think this was real. Das it mane

WestAfrica
01-17-2018, 05:50 PM
Did Fox win anything?

beowulf10
01-17-2018, 05:52 PM
This is totally something the President of the U.S. should be doing and totally does not in any way resemble anything related to the Authoritarian leaders of the past sidelining or diminishing the press in anyway.

Right. Gotcha.

StoliFun
01-17-2018, 05:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people would be, according to Trump, Obama's citizenship.

rampagefc77
01-17-2018, 05:55 PM
This is totally something the President of the U.S. should be doing and totally does not in any way resemble anything related to the Authoritarian leaders of the past sidelining or diminishing the press in anyway.

Right. Gotcha.

Is anything in the list false? Aren’t the American public entitled to facts?

LukeLissen
01-17-2018, 05:58 PM
Wow.

I can't believe it has actually happened but Donald Trump is literally Hitler and Stalin.

This is an absolutely deep dark dark horror and a travesty of justice and the worst crime against humanity ever perpetrated against mankind.

Nice little sweet honest to goodness news people are being carted off to concentration camps and gulags by big booted, white, blond haired, blue eyed Russian-Saudi government agents. All we have left now is one channel, Trump News™ and possibly even the end of all life on Earth.

djfuzzy
01-17-2018, 05:59 PM

Right. Gotcha.
Yeah this is totally the same as gulag-ing and/or executing members of the press.

SYKO227
In. Let the tears commence.

Just in time.^

jlick

Right. Gotcha.You so adamantly defend the first amendment right of journalists, but want to restrict the President's first amendment right. Why are you such a stalinist? Why are you hitler? Let people say the things they want to say.

LukeLissen
01-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Did Fox win anything?

Yes.

The 2016 Presidential Election

The Executive Branch

The Legislative Branch

The Judicial Branch

The Military

Law Enforcement

A better economy

A more prosperous future for Americans

A more secure American future

The defeat of destructive anti-American Leftist Marxist Communist Globalist Lunatics

brighamw
01-17-2018, 06:09 PM

Right. Gotcha.

And nothing on the list was refuted that day, the press has diminished itself with no help from anyone, especially President Trump...

WrestlingFan123
01-17-2018, 06:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people would be, according to Trump, Obama's citizenship.

We talking the 'birther' movement started by Clinton surrogate Stephanie Tubbs Jones?

XnLSkWulPVE

brighamw
01-17-2018, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people would be, according to Clinton, Obama's citizenship.

Went ahead and fixed that for you...

Edit: wizarded

cheerupemokid
01-17-2018, 06:15 PM

Right. Gotcha.

The press diminished itself by posting fake news stories in an hysterical attempt to get Trump.

Why are you opposed to the American people being reminded of true events that happened in the past year?

Ephedra
01-17-2018, 06:18 PM

Right. Gotcha.

-1 point for thinking it's authoritarian to expose the truth

+1 point for keeping your response to just a paragraph

scheal
01-17-2018, 06:24 PM
Did Fox win anything?

That's the best you can do?

Maybe start your own thread

monty097
01-17-2018, 06:36 PM
LOL, CNN and all the other cuck outlets are going to be crying about this for the next month.

SillieBazzillie
01-17-2018, 07:21 PM
"historic landslide victory"

That's the fakest news in the whole lot.

lmfao

fleeceitout
01-17-2018, 07:31 PM
Did Fox win anything?

You mean besides the ratings?

ohiostate124
01-17-2018, 07:33 PM

lmfao

Looks pretty landslidey to me

https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/2016/12/3141-trump-counties.png

SillieBazzillie
01-17-2018, 07:35 PM

https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-production/uploads/2016/12/3141-trump-counties.png

Is that a map of the people who voted for Trump and Hilldog?

AlwaysFocus
01-17-2018, 07:39 PM
I'm so glad to be alive for this.

Trump is literally the GOATPOTUS

scheal
01-17-2018, 07:55 PM

lmfao

From 5% chance of winning to becoming the President. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty ****in' awesome if you ask me

scheal
01-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Is that a map of the people who voted for Trump and Hilldog?

Trump is everyone's President if they reside in America. You are blessed like the rest of us

ToPHeR35
01-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Best president ever. Love this guy. Trolling libs from the highest office. So much winning!

gachase21
01-17-2018, 08:29 PM
Now we need an r/p fake post awards thread.

If it wouldn’t get delete :sigh:

SaltyDog920
01-17-2018, 08:36 PM
LOL @ libs in this thread: b-b-b-ut birther! and FOX NEWS!!

LOL so pathetic. Again, libs are faced with facts exposing their golden idol's false reports and in true lib fashion, they ignore the facts and deflect onto some idiotic side tantrum.

Stay classy, libs!

BullittEV

Right. Gotcha.

Which Authoritarian leaders?

EctoMorph_9
That's the best you can do?

Maybe start your own thread

1 liner gotcha questions or statements is literally the only thing he posts

Defending a stance or posting alternative options isn't something he'd dare even try

Darkhare
01-17-2018, 08:39 PM

Right. Gotcha.

You're pathetic.

Diminished fake propaganda news isn't the same as shutting down honest news. Get real

BullittEV
01-17-2018, 08:39 PM
Yes.

The 2016 Presidential Election

The Executive Branch

The Legislative Branch

The Judicial Branch

The Military

Law Enforcement

A better economy

A more prosperous future for Americans

A more secure American future

The defeat of destructive anti-American Leftist Marxist Communist Globalist Lunatics

they lost that during the campaign. They were smearing Trump hard AF along with CNN/MSNBC and realized such dishonesty will get them burned.

Stizzel
01-17-2018, 08:47 PM

Right. Gotcha.

Correct. We hear constantly about how important the media is for democracy. It is vital that fake news be exposed for what it is.

In before "oh they're just trolling"

KINGFABIAN
01-17-2018, 09:00 PM
Seems very professional.

AlwaysFocus
01-17-2018, 09:04 PM

Right. Gotcha.

Its 2018, the POTUS has adapted, he is on twitter, he is trolling the trolls, and most importantly he is WINNING, I know it makes you libs scream at the sky.

If Trump were to eliminate the deficit, and put the USA in the GREEN you'd still scream.

AlwaysFocus
01-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Which Authoritarian leaders?

Haven't you heard? Drampf is like fukkin Hitler/Stalin/Genghis Kahn

beowulf10
01-17-2018, 09:19 PM
Correct. We hear constantly about how important the media is for democracy. It is vital that fake news be exposed for what it is.

The media is important to our Republic...even the media that is critical of your views or critical of your favorite candidate.

Yes, there is bias sometimes, yes some journalists intentionally lie, yes sometimes things are framed in a way which is unfair to Trump and Trump supporters, but to say EVERYTHING is fake, 100% untrue, is a lie itself.

I remember when the first news of Comey's memos came out. You immediately posted on hear giving the impression you thought it was fake news and insisted on news sources which routinely posted news favorable to Trump instead of sources like Washington Post, New York Times, and CNN, etc. Just a few short weeks later Comey was testifying before Congress and the world about his version of events.

Well, 8 or 9 months later....it's not so fake anymore. is it?

We've got 2 indictments. 2 guilty pleas.

Oh, wait sorry. I got it wrong.

2 indictments, 1 guilty plea, and 1 fib.

In before "oh they're just trolling"

That "trolling" comment was in reference to Flake not being able to make analogies, exaggerations, or comparisons to other things but Trump being able to say anything he wants at any time whether it's true, false, half-true, or a quarter-true.

Flake trying to make a point by way of analogy is "unhinged" but Trump saying the goofiest, uninformed, crude, incorrect things is 4D chess or trolling, but no...it's never a lie. And if it is a lie that's okay too because you support the policy behind the purpose of the lie.

vickissick07
Seems very professional.

I know, right?

The editors of these stories should be fired.

Not very professional at all.

Foxmulder0
Is anything in the list false? Aren’t the American public entitled to facts? boom

FerrariDaytona
01-17-2018, 09:26 PM
You're pathetic.

Diminished fake propaganda news isn't the same as shutting down honest news. Get real

lol

Yet you swallow propaganda straight from the POTUS himself and don't think twice about it.

This list is like something you'd see out of the North Korean government to satisfy Kim Jong Un.

#11 on the list is just Trump saying Trump-Russia is fake and his proof is his own tweet saying its fake.

And his followers blindly accept this propaganda and some, like yourself, seem to enjoy it.

jonmcd46
01-17-2018, 09:28 PM

Right. Gotcha.
Its a stretch to assume that the president wanting fair media coverage means he's going to become a dictator. The truth is our media sucks, its a bunch of communication majors analyzing things they have little to no idea about, and trying to generate an opinion on it that will get people to click the article or subscribe. The media doesn't care about spreading the truth, they care about telling you what they want you to know in a manner that you want to hear it.

Mavex
01-17-2018, 09:43 PM
Dammit, I missed the awards. How many did Trump win?

sawoobley
01-17-2018, 10:17 PM

Right. Gotcha.

What kind of force is President Trump exerting against the free press? Are jokes about the press a threat to the country? Perhaps you should separate the actual freedoms of the press from the actual lying members of the press. It is possible to criticize some of the people who make up the press without destroying freedom of the press.

beowulf10
01-17-2018, 10:26 PM
What kind of force is President Trump exerting against the free press? Are jokes about the press a threat to the country?

This is my honest opinion. It's okay if you disagree with me. This is just what I think:

Yes, Trump's threats to the free press are a threat in a subtle way. Our institutions are too strong for Trump to directly challenge so he bullies the press in a different way. It's not an overt Authoritarian act similar to shutting down a physical printing press. It's more subtle than that. Trump's words, even his jokes, have an impact. The reason what he says has an impact is because he's the President. People listen to the President. His supporters mimic him. His words have both political power by virtue of the political support from his supporters, and actual power by virtue of the office he holds.

Perhaps you should separate the actual freedoms of the press from the actual lying members of the press. It is possible to criticize some of the people who make up the press without destroying freedom of the press.

Fine, but it's not the President's job. It's our job. We can turn the channel. Refrain from buying a newspaper. Complain directly to the media.

Also:

I think the media can be unfair and some journalists lie and they should be held to account.

But I don't think that's what Trump is doing. I don't think that's his intent.

Trump is trying to shut down any criticism of himself. That's the part that's most scary and dangerous, even if his tactics for doing so are very subtle.

thugonomics
01-17-2018, 10:53 PM
LOL @ how casually idiots like beocuck spout off things like TRUMP IS A FASCIST STALINIST HITLER. If you were truly under authoritarian rule, do you honestly think Trump would just let the media lie about him for a year straight? I don't think you know what those words mean.

Even better is when you talk to someone who survived Nazi Germany or Communist Russia and say HURRRR TRUMP IS LITERALLY HITLER they will think you are the stupidest person alive.

How do you all not have Beocuck on ignore yet.

Ephedra
01-17-2018, 11:28 PM
LOL @ how casually idiots like beocuck spout off things like TRUMP IS A FASCIST STALINIST HITLER. If you were truly under authoritarian rule, do you honestly think Trump would just let the media lie about him for a year straight? I don't think you know what those words mean.

Even better is when you talk to someone who survived Nazi Germany or Communist Russia and say HURRRR TRUMP IS LITERALLY HITLER they will think you are the stupidest person alive.

How do you all not have Beocuck on ignore yet.

He doesn't need to go on ignore... once I see a post with 5 long paragraphs I know it's him and to scroll right past it.

Reflexez
01-17-2018, 11:57 PM
From a none American POV (who cares right) the whole thing is cringeworthy in the extreme.

From crying about "2 scoops" in the press to Trumps huge list of verified lies, seems both sides are at war over who can be the most petty & at the end of the day the people to blame are the American public.

Trump has grown in power through his life on "ratings", he was elected off the back of a huge popularity contest and everything comes down to how popular he wants to be or is perceived as. While at the same time, with social media and the rise of smaller news org sucking up viewers and how effective click bait is in general the press are under more and more pressure to find a story regardless of how lame it is.

I don't see how anyone wins from this specific fight, beyond the easily entertained peanut galleries on both sides who's confirmation bias is reinforced even more (press are all liars vs. Trump is a hypocritical man child).

rampagefc77
01-18-2018, 03:33 AM
This is my honest opinion. It's okay if you disagree with me. This is just what I think:

Yes, Trump's threats to the free press are a threat in a subtle way. Our institutions are too strong for Trump to directly challenge so he bullies the press in a different way. It's not an overt Authoritarian act similar to shutting down a physical printing press. It's more subtle than that. Trump's words, even his jokes, have an impact. The reason what he says has an impact is because he's the President. People listen to the President. His supporters mimic him. His words have both political power by virtue of the political support from his supporters, and actual power by virtue of the office he holds.

Fine, but it's not the President's job. It's our job. We can turn the channel. Refrain from buying a newspaper. Complain directly to the media.

Also:

I think the media can be unfair and some journalists lie and they should be held to account.

Trump is trying to shut down any criticism of himself. That's the part that's most scary and dangerous, even if his tactics for doing so are very subtle.

Trump is being honest and calling the press out for lies. We know from the podesta emails that the Clinton campaign was working with the press to control the narrative. Twitter admitted to killing negative Hillary stories. THAT is a dangerous precedent and more hitler-Esque than trump saying “this was fake and here is why.”

You are losing. The press is losing. The only way for them to gain credibility to to post facts at this point.

zinkhan99
01-18-2018, 03:58 AM
Also:

Are you insane? Literally all he did was to list 12 fake news stories that were proven to be biased and propaganda tools to rally up the left and feed into the anti-Trump bias showing him wrongfully in the bad light.

Stop with your ridiculous hyperboles that his intent was something completely else when nothing that was done would indicate that. You are making chit up at this point.

SillieBazzillie
01-18-2018, 04:41 AM
Are you insane? Literally all he did was to list 12 fake news stories that were proven to be biased and propaganda tools to rally up the left and feed into the anti-Trump bias showing him wrongfully in the bad light.

Stop with your ridiculous hyperboles that his intent was something completely else when nothing that was done would indicate that. You are making chit up at this point.

Now I know this is a dumb question because of course you know this but, did you realize that many of those "stories" were either editorials, observations by reporters and not stories, or quickly retracted? Has deceitful donnie ever retracted a single one of his 2k lies?

Don't answer Trumpers, I'm just being facitious. I know you're aware and you don't care. As Trump has said, he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and y'all would come up for some way to excuse it. It's what you do when you're such intense fanboys and have fallen under a dude's spell. Trump is your one and only it seems.

rampagefc77
01-18-2018, 05:38 AM
Now I know this is a dumb question because of course you know this but, did you realize that many of those "stories" were either editorials, observations by reporters and not stories, or quickly retracted? Has deceitful donnie ever retracted a single one of his 2k lies?

Don't answer Trumpers, I'm just being facitious. I know you're aware and you don't care. As Trump has said, he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and y'all would come up for some way to excuse it. It's what you do when you're such intense fanboys and have fallen under a dude's spell. Trump is your one and only it seems.

How much of the general population STILL BELIEVES these stories? My guess is at least 50%. The intent of these stories are clear-- lies to create fear among the general population that Trump is literally Hitler. Most retractions of stories aren't even seen, and that is the intent. Get a story out there without any verification, feed your narrative, job complete.

Trump could have come after every single insult thrown his way, but he didn't. He went after clear fake news. Disagreeing with him is part of politics, but what the media is currently doing is beyond anything ever seen before. The fact you can't admit that shows how blind you are.

yeshli2nuts
01-18-2018, 05:40 AM

Right. Gotcha.

While part of my feels that this stuff is below the office of the POTUS, the other part of me feels that the media should be held VERY accountable, and even incur penalties, when they report incorrect information.

Reflexez
01-18-2018, 06:03 AM
How much of the general population STILL BELIEVES these stories? My guess is at least 50%. The intent of these stories are clear-- lies to create fear among the general population that Trump is literally Hitler. Most retractions of stories aren't even seen, and that is the intent. Get a story out there without any verification, feed your narrative, job complete.

Trump could have come after every single insult thrown his way, but he didn't. He went after clear fake news. Disagreeing with him is part of politics, but what the media is currently doing is beyond anything ever seen before. The fact you can't admit that shows how blind you are.

While I 110% agree with you that the press should do their best to verify stories and those which are intentionally incorrect should have some form of punishment (though isn't that why libel laws exist and people have been sacked over negative stories about Trump?), surely you can see the hypocrisy in a lot of peoples actions when they are complaining about the presses lies/propaganda but are silent in condemnation of Trump when he does exactly the same thing? If you think 50% of people believe the presses lies, then you must also think a similar number just blindly believe Trumps lies, his intention is also clear, to get people to vote for him and increase popularity.

Take for example his claim that he won the "popular vote" if you remove all illegal voters, there is no proof of this however it undermines peoples confidence in the voting system while making it look like he's more popular. Now if half of people still believe there were 3-5 million illegal voters who all voted for dems, how is that constructive for faith in democracy? It also puts a false argument into other issues such as voter ID as people use it to "prove" a need for them.

Like I said, no-one wins in this besides Trump and the press.

Procta
01-18-2018, 06:05 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ATXbjsv.png

wesleysh21
01-18-2018, 06:15 AM

As long as its disguised as "news," its news. People can't tell the difference, therefore there is no difference. Also, retractions mean chit. "Oh, I got caught? Let me retract this." Bullchit.

rampagefc77
01-18-2018, 06:39 AM
While I 110% agree with you that the press should do their best to verify stories and those which are intentionally incorrect should have some form of punishment (though isn't that why libel laws exist and people have been sacked over negative stories about Trump?), surely you can see the hypocrisy in a lot of peoples actions when they are complaining about the presses lies/propaganda but are silent in condemnation of Trump when he does exactly the same thing? If you think 50% of people believe the presses lies, then you must also think a similar number just blindly believe Trumps lies, his intention is also clear, to get people to vote for him and increase popularity.

Take for example his claim that he won the "popular vote" if you remove all illegal voters, there is no proof of this however it undermines peoples confidence in the voting system while making it look like he's more popular. Now if half of people still believe there were 3-5 million illegal voters who all voted for dems, how is that constructive for faith in democracy? It also puts a false argument into other issues such as voter ID as people use it to "prove" a need for them.

Like I said, no-one wins in this besides Trump and the press.

I agree that it is tough to have faith in a democratic system when the DNC has clearly rigged the election for one candidate and the American public voting on their preferred candidate does not matter. I also feel that voter fraud is rampant and I have read "expert estimates" that total in the millions. When some state elections are decided by small numbers, I think it is imperative that accurate voting is encouraged. When you have 11 counties in California with >100% of legal age voters currently registered, including 144% in LA (notorious blue counties), that does make you question the results. Trump won the remainder 49 states by 1 million votes. Combine that with the fact that states are refusing to turn over their voter data...

Plenty of bold claims by Trump prove to have merit. The "Obama 'wiretapped' trump tower" comment certainly looked crazy at first, but as details emerge regarding the facts surrounding this, it isn't quite so crazy is it?

Time well tell on voter fraud numbers, but claiming it is high is not a lie like the examples posted in the fake news awards.

HockeyBacon18
01-18-2018, 06:44 AM

Right. Gotcha.

you mean the media should be able to tell people whatever they want, whether its true or not. Nobody, certainly not the president should be able to correct them?

We North korea now.

I3igAl
01-18-2018, 07:08 AM
The Krugman thing on 1st place kinda bothers me.

Dude is an economist making a prediction. That prediction might have been utterly wrong, but that still does not make it fake news. Just a miscalculation not a lie.

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 07:12 AM
you mean the media should be able to tell people whatever they want, whether its true or not. Nobody, certainly not the president should be able to correct them?

We North korea now.

No. I don't think that.

I am just saying it's not the government's job to decide what the media should and should not say.

The President should be allowed to correct the record, respond to questions, and release information during their press conferences, etc. These are all completely legitimate things to do. It's not okay to hold fake news awards in an attempt to bully the media into providing flattering coverage.

SillieBazzillie
01-18-2018, 07:13 AM
As long as its disguised as "news," its news. People can't tell the difference, therefore there is no difference. Also, retractions mean chit. "Oh, I got caught? Let me retract this." Bullchit.

Unfortunately I doubt you hold yourself, and certainly not the deceiving donald, to the same standard. 100% correct, zero mistakes.

The free press has run thousands of stories on Trump and a freaking handful were wrong or not even sanctioned by the paper?

You sir are fake news.

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 07:13 AM
While part of my feels that this stuff is below the office of the POTUS, the other part of me feels that the media should be held VERY accountable, and even incur penalties, when they report incorrect information.

They should be held accountable, but that's not the government's job.

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 07:18 AM
Trump is being honest and calling the press out for lies.

The President should respond to specific questions and call out the press for specific lies when the press lies. He can do this by responding to questions, holding press conferences, speaking directly to the American people.

Instead he is labeling all media as fake and bullying the media into doing what he wants.

We know from the podesta emails that the Clinton campaign was working with the press to control the narrative. Twitter admitted to killing negative Hillary stories. THAT is a dangerous precedent and more hitler-Esque than trump saying “this was fake and here is why.”

Here we go again. Whatabout. Whatabout. Whatabout.

I think any kind of coordination is outrageous.

There is a reason why Clinton is not the President.

This is one of them.

You are losing. The press is losing. The only way for them to gain credibility to to post facts at this point.

You are absolutely right. I am losing. The press is losing. And the Republic is losing. All of this hurts our Republic.

Our traditional values and principles matter. And it is sad to see so many people ignore them, or to indicate to me they had no clue about them in the first place.

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Its a stretch to assume that the president wanting fair media coverage means he's going to become a dictator. The truth is our media sucks, its a bunch of communication majors analyzing things they have little to no idea about, and trying to generate an opinion on it that will get people to click the article or subscribe. The media doesn't care about spreading the truth, they care about telling you what they want you to know in a manner that you want to hear it.

I agree it is an exaggeration to compare the President to a dictator, but that doesn't mean the President somehow does not deserve any criticism at all.

It's not the President's job to do what he's doing. It's not the President's job to indicate which media organization he favors and which he doesn't. It's our job.

wesleysh21
01-18-2018, 07:24 AM
Unfortunately I doubt you hold yourself, and certainly not the deceiving donald, to the same standard. 100% correct, zero mistakes.

The free press has run thousands of stories on Trump and a freaking handful were wrong or not even sanctioned by the paper?

You sir are fake news.

I think YOU need to have higher standards for the press. Apparently right now they can do no wrong in your eyes.

Silvercreek7
01-18-2018, 07:29 AM

Dude is an economist making a prediction. That prediction might have been utterly wrong, but that still does not make it fake news. Just a miscalculation not a lie.

Let's be serious, this guy totally did it to follow the lefts agenda. ANY person with a sane mind would have known the economy would have boomed once trump was president, since he's all about American jobs and retaining small businesses. How can he call himself an economist?

SAD!

Procta
01-18-2018, 07:31 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ZPJrgpG.gif

WillBrink
01-18-2018, 07:32 AM

You sir are fake news.

LOL, a handful? What's the weather like on your planet? You can't watch nor read anything by the major left leaning media about Trump and or other pet topics and expect any of it to be remotely accurate at this point. I'd say they have done a handful of articles that were actually accurate at this point. Now Trump give them plenty of rope to hang himself with to be sure, but the media, in particular, CNN, CNBC, NYT, etc, is so biased at this point, few see them as anything but fake news. Public trust in the media is in the toilet, almost as low as public opinion of Congress, both groups having earned that poor opinion.

seven11
01-18-2018, 07:38 AM
So out of the thousands of articles and news segments about Trump only 11 are flagged as "fake". Those are some pretty good stats

Procta
01-18-2018, 07:40 AM
So out of the thousands of articles and news segments about Trump only 11 are flagged as "fake". Those are some pretty good stats

where did you read that ?

HockeyBacon18
01-18-2018, 07:43 AM

Thats the problem with "news" today. In the interest of being first and therefore getting the most views/clicks, the american people are misled with downright wrong information and are not even aware of a retraction taking place. Look at the effect ABC caused on the stock market for shouting fakenews. Are they suppose to get off scott free because they offered a retraction probably 25% of its viewers heard. And its not like they shout these retractions over and over again. They say it once or twice and then move on. If you missed it, you still likely believe the fake news.

Somebody has to hold the MSM accountable And while the fake news awards, while hilariously, arent great at that, at least its a start.

No. I don't think that.

I am just saying it's not the government's job to decide what the media should and should not say.

The President should be allowed to correct the record, respond to questions, and release information during their press conferences, etc. These are all completely legitimate things to do. It's not okay to hold fake news awards in an attempt to bully the media into providing flattering coverage.

Hes not bullying them into providing "flattering" coverage. Hes holding them accountable for running a smear campaign based on lies and "anonymous sources" that are misleading the American Public into believing hes hellbent on causing WWIII.

Theres a difference between being critical of Trump based on facts, and doing what CNN and NBC are doing where they are generating their own news to bash Trump

rampagefc77
01-18-2018, 07:43 AM
I agree it is an exaggeration to compare the President to a dictator, but that doesn't mean the President somehow does not deserve any criticism at all.

It's not the President's job to do what he's doing. It's not the President's job to indicate which media organization he favors and which he doesn't. It's our job.

What we had in the last election was a large scale attempt to coordinate a narrative between one party/candidate and the media. That has continued beyond that time to undermine a candidate, their objectives, and sway ongoing public perception to influence future elections.

That doesn’t worry you or scare you? I think we are in uncharteted territory and trumps response is fine in mine opinion. Libs were outraged Russia bought some advertisements, some of which were pro trump... but you can overlook our own media?

arn710
01-18-2018, 07:47 AM
Can someone link me to one of beowulf's posts criticizing Obama for his attacks on Fox News?

As soon as last week, Obama claimed Fox news viewers were "from a different planet". I probably just missed beowulf's dissertation on this since I almost always skip right over his posts

Titansfan08
01-18-2018, 07:48 AM
Ayyy love this man more and more everyday

bassline8
01-18-2018, 07:53 AM
The list is horrible and proves Trump is an anti-semite, I cannot believe this is happening in 2018

https://image.prntscr.com/image/uPZ43769Su2BlECUUVO-IQ.png

scheal
01-18-2018, 07:54 AM
The media is important to our Republic...even the media that is critical of your views or critical of your favorite candidate.

Yes, there is bias sometimes, yes some journalists intentionally lie, yes sometimes things are framed in a way which is unfair to Trump and Trump supporters, but to say EVERYTHING is fake, 100% untrue, is a lie itself.

I remember when the first news of Comey's memos came out. You immediately posted on hear giving the impression you thought it was fake news and insisted on news sources which routinely posted news favorable to Trump instead of sources like Washington Post, New York Times, and CNN, etc. Just a few short weeks later Comey was testifying before Congress and the world about his version of events.

Well, 8 or 9 months later....it's not so fake anymore. is it?

We've got 2 indictments. 2 guilty pleas.

Oh, wait sorry. I got it wrong.

2 indictments, 1 guilty plea, and 1 fib.

That "trolling" comment was in reference to Flake not being able to make analogies, exaggerations, or comparisons to other things but Trump being able to say anything he wants at any time whether it's true, false, half-true, or a quarter-true.

Flake trying to make a point by way of analogy is "unhinged" but Trump saying the goofiest, uninformed, crude, incorrect things is 4D chess or trolling, but no...it's never a lie. And if it is a lie that's okay too because you support the policy behind the purpose of the lie.

Critical or fake? There is a big difference

wesleysh21
01-18-2018, 08:00 AM

ITT we find out that seven11 doesn't know how awards work

SillieBazzillie
01-18-2018, 08:01 AM
LOL, a handful? What's the weather like on your planet? You can't watch nor read anything by the major left leaning media about Trump and or other pet topics and expect any of it to be remotely accurate at this point. I'd say they have done a handful of articles that were actually accurate at this point. Now Trump give them plenty of rope to hang himself with to be sure, but the media, in particular, CNN, CNBC, NYT, etc, is so biased at this point, few see them as anything but fake news. Public trust in the media is in the toilet, almost as low as public opinion of Congress, both groups having earned that poor opinion.

You're simply parroting whatever Trump tells you. Tell you what, pull up CNN and MSNBC right now and tell me what fake Trump stories they're running.

I'll hang up and listen.

Procta
01-18-2018, 08:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT1I66-VAAA_PWv.jpg

Silvercreek7
01-18-2018, 08:04 AM

There are thousands of movies every year yet only a small amount get Oscars, do you realize how stupid your post sounds now>?

gixxer0.6g
01-18-2018, 08:04 AM
How in the world did we get so lucky to have Trump for president? The guy never disappoints.

KINGFABIAN
01-18-2018, 08:09 AM
I’m glad the president spent time putting this “petty party” “poor me” list together. This seems like really important business to focus on for the country versus all the other stuff the USA needs work on. It’s all about them priorities (trump wanting to look glamorous in the spotlight).
So very edgy, so hip, reminiscent of a high schoolers list of people he despises.

Silvercreek7
01-18-2018, 08:17 AM
i’m glad the president spent time putting this “petty party” “poor me” list together. This seems like really important business to focus on for the country versus all the other stuff the usa needs work on. It’s all about them priorities (trump wanting to look glamorous in the spotlight).
So very edgy, so hip, reminiscent of a high schoolers list of people he despises.

c o p e

o

p

e

Tamorlane
01-18-2018, 08:17 AM
I’m glad the president spent time putting this “petty party” “poor me” list together. This seems like really important business to focus on for the country versus all the other stuff the USA needs work on. It’s all about them priorities (trump wanting to look glamorous in the spotlight).

We are observing the gradual downfall of a once great country, and this is what it looks like

these fools think fox news and brietbart are real news though

WillBrink
01-18-2018, 08:25 AM
You're simply parroting whatever Trump tells you. Tell you what, pull up CNN and MSNBC right now and tell me what fake Trump stories they're running.

I'll hang up and listen.

I pay little to no attention to anything Trump says and didn't vote for him, and you're simply parroting whatever CNN et al feed you like the good sheeple you are apparently. I posted on that topic a while back RE this election:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172837491

And posed various examples well before this election

engj
01-18-2018, 08:53 AM

Also:

There has always been manufactured spin, but an educated viewer realizes these arent news stations they are networks that provide news and news opinion entertainment. An opinion show makes guesses and outlandish statements that fit whichever narrative they are given, then the 'News' department of the station shows report on the statements and controversy surrounding what they say and it gets conflated with facts. This started in a big way in the Gulf War/OJ Simpson/Lewinsky era when everyone went 24/7.

Ive been watching your politics actively since Bush Senior (a little young for Reagan), and I have never seen this much blatantly manufactured news.

This new thing is different, this is deliberately parsing and removing context, ragging endlessly on dead-end stories to divert attention from issues, and going so far as deliberate misstatement of objective facts. And its happening on both sides.. Everyone should be calling this out on both sides, and I dont call this bullying regardless of office.

All any media outlet has to do to avoid being 'bullied' is tell the truth. The truth is unassailable.

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 08:54 AM
What we had in the last election was a large scale attempt to coordinate a narrative between one party/candidate and the media. That has continued beyond that time to undermine a candidate, their objectives, and sway ongoing public perception to influence future elections.

That doesn’t worry you or scare you? I think we are in uncharteted territory and trumps response is fine in mine opinion. Libs were outraged Russia bought some advertisements, some of which were pro trump... but you can overlook our own media?

No. I don't believe all these goofy conspiracies.

Let me give you some real talk.

I don't think there was any agenda. There is an actual cultural divide between media personalities, the business class, the well-educated professional class (doctors and lawyers, etc.), the elites, the establishment, and the kind of people who tended to vote for Trump. You go to college and then work on one of the coasts, and you have a nice job reporting the news you don't what's happening in Oklahoma, or Texas, or Michigan. You're not connected.

When people listened to Trump they did so because Trump was speaking to them. When they turned on CNN all they heard was transgender this and transgender that. So when Trump said something crazy, and you have to admit even if you love Trump he says crazy **** sometimes, people in the media went berzerk...not because there was some sort of coordinated attempt to create a narrative but RATHER because they actually thought Trump was nuts and people were not suffering, and they actually believed politicians shouldn't say outrageous things. So, no, the media doesn't scare me. The media can be reasoned with. The media can be persuaded.

Trump supporters have a point and they deserve to be heard.

I am not arguing anything against.

My point is this. The Republic is more important than any policy. If in pursuit of your policies you contribute to the destruction of Republic and our traditions which help make our Republic strong then you are doing something wrong.

The things Trump is doing with regard to the media go against the long-term interests of our Republic and our citizenry. Trump supporters go around saying libcuck this and libcuck that. But attacking the media is completely contrary to our traditional values and principles. What Trump is doing is RADICAL. What Trump is doing is NEW. What Trump is doing is NOT conservative.

And Trump deserves to be criticized for operating in an Authoritarian manner.

EpicLevelWizard
01-18-2018, 08:54 AM
One side: "slurp slurp slurp your balls are delicious Mr. President"

Other side: "screech screech screech *sips soy latte* literally Hitler!"

Anyone else watching: "You're all idiots and playing right into their hands."

wesleysh21
01-18-2018, 08:57 AM
Other side: "screech screech screech *sips soy latte* literally Stalin!"

Fixed it for ya

lorenzofrittata
01-18-2018, 09:00 AM
SkgWXIjBEIU

fhniP-mAChI

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 09:00 AM
There has always been manufactured spin, but an educated viewer realizes these arent news stations they are networks that provide news and news opinion entertainment. An opinion show makes guesses and outlandish statements that fit whichever narrative they are given, then the 'News' department of the station shows report on the statements and controversy surrounding what they say and it gets conflated with facts. This started in a big way in the Gulf War/OJ Simpson/Lewinsky era when everyone went 24/7.

Ive been watching your politics actively since Bush Senior (a little young for Reagan), and I have never seen this much blatantly manufactured news.

This new thing is different, this is deliberately parsing and removing context, ragging endlessly on dead-end stories to divert attention from issues, and going so far as deliberate misstatement of objective facts. And its happening on both sides.. Everyone should be calling this out on both sides, and I dont call this bullying regardless of office.

All any media outlet has to do to avoid being 'bullied' is tell the truth. The truth is unassailable.

You're right, and the response from any American President holding the office should be to simply tell the truth.

engj
01-18-2018, 09:09 AM
Fixed it for ya

Stalin formed an alliance with the Left Socialist Revolutionaries and seized wealth generating capability from the 'oppressors' who held it.

I think lots of the autistic screechers would line up behind a new Stalin to smash some Kulak heads in a heartbeat.

You're right, and the response from any American President holding the office should be to simply tell the truth.

The presentation might be a little crass but of those 10 'awards' there is a lot of objective truth in them.

N0rds
01-18-2018, 09:13 AM
Lol:

https://slate.com/business/2018/01/no-apple-is-not-creating-20-000-jobs-because-of-the-tax-bill.html

Apple did not announce a $350 billion investment in the U.S. economy today. It’s not even clear Apple announced it was actually increasing its domestic investment. It certainly did not announce that it was creating jobs because of Trump’s economic magic. The company announced its tax bill and, in the same breath, made some promises about capital expenditures in the states. Then it let the press and conservatives fill in the blank. I guess it’s a clever strategy, if you’re quietly trying to pander to this White House.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/18/01/17/apple-ceo-tim-cook-cites-gop-tax-reform-as-driver-in-350b-us-investment

Following Apple's announcement of plans to repatriate a chunk of its overseas cash to infuse some $350 billion into the U.S. economy over the next five years, CEO Tim Cook took part in an interview addressing the company's investment strategy, the iPhone slowdown controversy and more.

Earlier on Wednesday, Apple foreshadowed a major shift in financial policy when it announced plans to repatriate a portion of its overseas cash hoard, a move that will pump $350 billion into the U.S. economy. That money will in part go toward a new campus and the generation of 20,000 jobs.

The company expects to pay $38 billion in taxes on the repatriated funds, a sum it says is the largest ever of its kind.

https://i.imgur.com/uDK6Lk9.jpg

dweeegs
01-18-2018, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't have an issue with this if two things had happened:

1) He included right-wing fake news
2) His administration didn't lie out the ass all the time

I'm using "he" I don't really know who wrote this list

Like great, these are specific articles and times when people got **** wrong. They're all valid too I think. But it's just gaslighting for the Russia point, which is sourced by the man telling you that everything you hear is a lie. Trust meeee don't listen to them

cCX5JJwkZhU

Ephedra
01-18-2018, 09:20 AM
Can someone link me to one of beowulf's posts criticizing Obama for his attacks on Fox News?

As soon as last week, Obama claimed Fox news viewers were "from a different planet". I probably just missed beowulf's dissertation on this since I almost always skip right over his posts

Still waiting to hear from beowulf on this

arn710
01-18-2018, 09:43 AM

He's going to come tell us that he's actually a conservative and votes Republican. Watch

WillBrink
01-18-2018, 09:52 AM

LOL. You must be new here and by here, I mean planet earth.

SillieBazzillie
01-18-2018, 10:41 AM

I pay little to no attention to anything Trump says and didn't vote for him, and you're simply parroting whatever CNN et al feed you like the good sheeple you are apparently. I posted on that topic a while back RE this election:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172837491

And posed various examples well before this election

So that's a no then?

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 10:46 AM

So, I had not seen the interview which is being referred to. It's an interview between Letterman and Obama on Netflix.

I opened up Netflix and listened to the interview instead of the Fox News recap of the interview.

This is what Obama said...

Letterman: What is more damaging to that Democracy? Would it be the diminishment, by the head of that Democracy, of the Press. Or, would it be somebody screwing around with the actual voting process?

Obama: One of the biggest challenges we have to our Democracy is the degree to which we don't share a common baseline of facts. There is a well-known senator from New York, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, and at one time he was debating one of his lass capable colleagues, and the guy got flustered and said, "Well, Senator Moynihan, that's just your opinion, and I have mine." Senator Moynihan said, "Sir, you are entitled to your own opinion, not to your own facts." What the Russians exploited, but...it was already here, is that we are operating in completely different information universes. If you watch Fox News you are living on a different planet than you are if you are listening to NPR. Now, it used to be, again, when we were young, but you're a little older than me.

Letterman: You and I are the same age... (LAUGHTER)

Obama: He's got this biblical beard, you know. Do you have a staff? (LAUGHTER)

Letterman: I'm regarded as a holy man now.

Obama: Now, in our campaign, in 2007-2008, we were some of the earliest adapters of social media. We were reliant on a bunch of 22 and 23 year olds and volunteers who we were sending out. And they'd just go, and they were communicating entirely through social media, and we essentially built what ended up being the most effective political campaign probably in modern political history. So I had a very optimistic feeling about it. And, I think that, what we missed was the degree to which people who are in power, people - special interests, foreign governments, etc., can, in fact, manipulate that and propagandize...

Lettermen: I was under the impression that Twitter would be the mechanism by which truth was told around the world. (LAUGHTER)

Obama: If you are getting all you're information off algorithms being sent through a phone, and it's just reinforcing whatever biases you have, which is the pattern that develops. There was an interesting experiment, not a big scientific experiment, but just an experiment somebody did during the revolution that took place in Egypt, in Tahrir Square, somebody took a liberal, a conservative, and quote a "Moderate", and sent them on a Google search, Egypt, type it in. And, for the conservative it came up, Muslim Brotherhood, and for the Liberal, it came up Tahrir Square, and for the Moderate it came up, Vacation Spots on the Nile. But, whatever your biases were, that's where you're being sent. And, that gets more and more reinforced over time. That's what's happening with these Facebook pages where more and more people are getting their news from. At a certain point you just live in a bubble. That's part of why our politics is so polarized right now. I think it is a solvable problem, but it's one we have to spend a lot of time thinking about.

--

Does what Obama said really seem so terrible now that you've been given the entire conversation and understand the context in which he made the statement?

WillBrink
01-18-2018, 10:55 AM
So I'll stick with my cognitive dissonance then

Fixed it for ya brah

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 11:02 AM
He's going to come tell us that he's actually a conservative and votes Republican. Watch

I've become disenchanted with both parties. I no longer believe any particular political ideology has a monopoly on the truth or is the solution to all the world's ills. I'm more practical now.

I personally believe there is more to politics than just Trump v. Liberals.

I do not agree with the idea that just because you don't support hardline immigration policies you are a liberal.

I do not agree with the suggestion that just because you think all races and ethnicities should have equal opportunities you are a liberal

I do not agree that because you support the Mueller investigation you are a liberal.

I do not agree that Trump is participating in Conservative politics. Trump is pushing a blend of white identity politics and economic nationalism, and that's less important than HOW he is pushing those policies. He is pushing those policies in ways that erode our institutions and erode the functioning of our Republic. He has no idea about the Constitution. He does not care about our values and principles as it relates to our laws, legal and political history, and functioning of our government. Simple things. The idea that there are 3 branches of government. And that the President just can't do whatever the hell he wants...simple things like that are completely alien to him, and there's nothing conservative about Trump supporters cheering Trump on in this regard. I think it's incredibly damaging to the Republic. And that's the main reason why I spend so much time posting on here in an attempt to do the impossible...to persuade...I'm like, "Hey. Guys. Wait. We got this amazing thing called the Constitution. We have these institutions. We can change things within the system the founding fathers created. We don't need to destroy the Government to implement the policies you want to enact. We don't need to tear everything down. Anyone who participates in this system is your friend and fellow citizen. They are not your enemy"

And my arguments, fall, like a pile of bricks...to the ground.

You guys...just...don't...care.

And, no, some arguments can't be made in the length of a tweet, or in a sentence. Some arguments take time and patience and work to develop, and some arguments take time and patience to read...but that doesn't mean they aren't worth reading..and it's still our job as citizens to participate, to fight, to argue, to debate...and I don't care if you're reading this in between sets. This is what we used to do as Americans. I think it's part of our civic duty.

adimare
01-18-2018, 11:02 AM
Don't think they're talking about Obama's Letterman interview, but about the time the Obama admin wanted to exclude Fox news from press rooms. Fox News's Bret Baier made reference to it when Trump was doing the same to CNN and other news organizations:

Some at CNN & NYT stood w/FOX News when the Obama admin attacked us & tried 2 exclude us-a WH gaggle should be open to all credentialed orgs
https://twitter.com/BretBaier/status/835206562549493760

It was not ok when Obama tried it, and it was a good thing that news organizations stuck together and called him out on that BS, it's not ok for Trump to do it either.

SillieBazzillie
01-18-2018, 11:12 AM

Fixed it for ya brah

You made the claim it was all fake. There are a million Trump stories up now, please tell us which ones are fake. I assume all of them based on your prior statement. But if not all, at least 50%?

NYPat
01-18-2018, 11:18 AM
How many pinocchio awards has Trump won? Isn't he already over 2,000 lies since taking office?

jlick
01-18-2018, 11:31 AM
I've become disenchanted with both parties. I no longer believe any particular political ideology has a monopoly on the truth or is the solution to all the world's ills. I'm more practical now.

I do not agree with the idea that just because you don't support hardline immigration policies you are a liberal.

I do not agree with the suggestion that just because you think all races and ethnicities should have equal opportunities you are a liberal

I do not agree that because you support the Mueller investigation you are a liberal.

I do not agree that Trump is participating in Conservative politics. Trump is pushing a blend of white identity politics and economic nationalism, and that's less important than HOW he is pushing those policies. He is pushing those policies in ways that erode our institutions and erode the functioning of our Republic. He has no idea about the Constitution. He does not care about our values and principles as it relates to our laws, legal and political history, and functioning of our government. Simple things. The idea that there are 3 branches of government. And that the President just can't do whatever the hell he wants...simple things like that are completely alien to him, and there's nothing conservative about Trump supporters cheering Trump on in this regard. I think it's incredibly damaging to the Republic. And that's the main reason why I spend so much time posting on here in an attempt to do the impossible...to persuade...I'm like, "Hey. Guys. Wait. We got this amazing thing called the Constitution. We have these institutions. We can change things within the system the founding fathers created. We don't need to destroy the Government to implement the policies you want to enact. We don't need to tear everything down. Anyone who participates in this system is your friend and fellow citizen. They are not your enemy"

And, no, some arguments can't be made in the length of a tweet, or in a sentence. Some arguments take time and patience and work to develop, and some arguments take time and patience to read...but that doesn't mean they aren't worth reading..and it's still our job as citizens to participate, to fight, to argue, to debate...and I don't care if you're reading this in between sets. This is what we used to do as Americans. I think it's part of our civic duty.the only correct thing I've seen you post. When you defend journalists like Jim Acosta and compare Trump to Stalin, you lose credibility quickly. Sorry you realized this too late.

arn710
01-18-2018, 12:07 PM

And, no, some arguments can't be made in the length of a tweet, or in a sentence. Some arguments take time and patience and work to develop, and some arguments take time and patience to read...but that doesn't mean they aren't worth reading..and it's still our job as citizens to participate, to fight, to argue, to debate...and I don't care if you're reading this in between sets. This is what we used to do as Americans. I think it's part of our civic duty.

Didn't read a single word. Not one. Zero

Can you respond to this post please?

second2noneBrah
01-18-2018, 01:24 PM

Is this a map of sanctuary cities in blue?

FerrariDaytona
01-18-2018, 02:57 PM

You said Obama attacked Fox News and that he said Fox News viewers are from a different planet.

Beowolf just proved both of your claims wrong by providing the actual quote. Obama didn't attack Fox News and joked that Fox News viewers are on a different planet than NPR viewers.

Now, are you going to admit to your lies?

eltoro24
01-18-2018, 03:58 PM

I don’t think that guy has a job. Who types 25 paragraph post on misc r/p. Ain’t nobody reading that ****.

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 07:22 PM
I don’t think that guy has a job. Who types 25 paragraph post on misc r/p. Ain’t nobody reading that ****.

Some things are impossible to talk about in under 140 characters. That's not my fault. That's just the way of the world.

As an example, how do I indicate that a quote was taken out of context if I don't provide the context?

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 07:28 PM

I transcribed the portion of the interview being referred to. If you read the post above you will learn about the entire context from which the quote was taken. After reading the post let me know what you thought of it. Don't give me Hannity's version. Give me your version.

NYPat
01-18-2018, 07:35 PM

Didn't read yet asks for more posts. Please?

wesleysh21
01-18-2018, 08:41 PM
You said Obama attacked Fox News and that he said Fox News viewers are from a different planet.

Beowolf just proved both of your claims wrong by providing the actual quote. Obama didn't attack Fox News and joked that Fox News viewers are on a different planet than NPR viewers.

Now, are you going to admit to your lies?

Obama did attack Fox News while he was president. Are you living under a rock?

NYPat
01-18-2018, 08:51 PM

I know he did but please provide proof of your claims. And that he claimed Fox News was the enemy of the state. And that he said they were fake news. And his official list of fake news awards on the DNC website.

You're better than this.

Stizzel
01-18-2018, 09:15 PM

Cliffs: both parties are bad, drumpf is literally hitler

beowulf10
01-18-2018, 10:32 PM
SkgWXIjBEIU

Stunning. You would think Breitbart would have the guts to print a retraction and admit their mistake. I understand some of the criticisms of the mainstream media. I do not understand the latching on to outlets like Breitbart as some sort of genuine alternative when breitbart is clearly producing propaganda. Breitbart’s intentional deception seem far worse than the mistakes of organizations like NYT or WP.

arn710
01-19-2018, 04:07 AM
I transcribed the portion of the interview being referred to. If you read the post above you will learn about the entire context from which the quote was taken. After reading the post let me know what you thought of it. Don't give me Hannity's version. Give me your version.

The transcription doesn't give the context or the tone in which that was said. It was meant as a slight. If you watched it, you would know that

I have never watched a single second of Hannity. I couldn't pick him out of a line up

When are you going to link me to your posts criticizing Obama? This is my third time asking

This could be simple solved by admitting that you don't have any and you don't apply the same standards to Obama because you like him.

JediRN
01-19-2018, 04:11 AM

All the presidents have griped.

But for everyone of Obama's there are a hundred Trump attacks that are much less presidential. It's a matter of scale.

Many of the gripes Trump has about the MSM is when they quote him in context... then it's fake news.

Ikeman83
01-19-2018, 04:13 AM
His Imperial Trumpen Majesty triumphs yet again!

arn710
01-19-2018, 04:28 AM
All the presidents have griped.

But for everyone of Obama's there are a hundred Trump attacks that are much less presidential. It's a matter of scale.

No argument. Trump has waged war on the MSM. You could argue that they deserve it but he's his own worst enemy also

My issue is with the feigned outrage and Stalin comparisons. Get a grip

JediRN
01-19-2018, 04:55 AM
No argument. Trump has waged war on the MSM. You could argue that they deserve it but he's his own worst enemy also

My issue is with the feigned outrage and Stalin comparisons. Get a grip

i understand where that was coming from (not that I heard it but did hear about it) and I probably understand you too. It's not like Trump has killed 15 million people or even called for something like that.

There was a day when a POTUS could shake up the world and move markets with a single misspoken line. These days, nobody does or even takes Trump serious. It is different.

JoshSP1985
01-19-2018, 06:00 AM

It's important for people to realize Krugman is always wrong since he's an "economist" that is well known and taken as an authority by many. The more people that know he's wrong all the time the better the dude literally caused a market sell off with his words.

JoshSP1985
01-19-2018, 06:01 AM
Is this a map of sanctuary cities in blue?

May as well be they overlap consistently

beowulf10
01-19-2018, 07:25 AM
The transcription doesn't give the context or the tone in which that was said. It was meant as a slight. If you watched it, you would know that

No transcription for that segment of the interview existed before I transcribed it. I had to watch the interview in order to transcribe that specific segment of the interview for the benefit of the everyone on this forum. So, what you are implying is incorrect.

This is my perspective of what I heard: I heard a thoughtful, insightful, well-rounded, and articulate discussion about the current media environment. Yes, he does say something about Fox News viewers living on a different planet but it was embedded in an argument about Americans as a whole, and this includes liberals and moderates, living in their respective information bubbles. Further, his entire response, rather than being an attack on any specific organization, was a critique on the entire media environment which included a recognition that things had to improve in order for partisan rivalry to diminish.

There is not much to criticize, and a whole lot to praise, and I don't care if saying something like this is an unpopular thing to do on this forum.

When are you going to link me to your posts criticizing Obama? This is my third time asking

That's not what you asked.

This is what you asked:

You asked me to point out a post which criticized Obama for attacking the media in that Letterman interview. A post from me criticizing Obama for that interview segment does not exist because I had not seen the interview, and I wasn't going to comment based on the Hannity interpretation of it. So, what did I do? Instead of taking everyone else's word for it, I watched the segment everyone was referring to.

This could be simple solved by admitting that you don't have any and you don't apply the same standards to Obama because you like him.

I definitely prefer Obama over Trump. But this opinion results from applying the same standards to both of them.

I have criticized Obama in the past in a handful of posts. I criticized Obama, yesterday, in another thread in response to a question posed to me.

There's lot's of policies during the Obama era I did not like. I don't talk about them much because it's just not the current topic of discussion, most of the discussions about Obama are exaggerations somehow involving the fact he is a black-nationalist-socialist-muslim-from-Kenya and those tend to be really boring discussions, oh yeah, and he's not the President anymore. Trump is 10x more interesting to talk about.

Nearly always my responses about Obama on this forum were in relation to crazy conspiracy theories like the dumb idea he wasn't born in the U.S, which not so coincidently was a piece of false information Trump himself pushed.

arn710
01-19-2018, 07:41 AM
You asked me to point out a post which criticized Obama for attacking the media in that Letterman interview.

No I didn't. I simply levied that as an example. There are plenty more dating back to 2007

You admitted your bias. You could have saved us all a bunch of rambling and tap dancing had you just done that from the start

x-trainer ben
01-19-2018, 07:51 AM
So Jimmy Kimmel responds to Trumps awards with his own awards:

The Dishonest & Corrupt President Awards

woFddINztDs

beowulf10
01-19-2018, 07:53 AM
No I didn't. I simply levied that as an example. There are plenty more dating back to 2007

You have to be specific. You gave me a specific example so I looked it up.

If there are plenty more dating back to 2007 then I'm sure it would be super easy for you to provide it. It should be totally effortless. It shouldn't take you more than a few seconds.

Why do I have to do all the heavy lifting? I spent 15 minutes transcribing a speech. You can't spend a few seconds google searching? Seriously?

You're just pissed off because you cannot tolerate a contrary opinion. It makes you feel bad. It conflicts with your worldview.

That's your problem. Not my problem.

You admitted your bias. You could have saved us all a bunch of rambling and tap dancing had you just done that from the start

I've been completely honest in my personal political opinions. It's not my fault you don't want to read them. I don't really like any party in particular. I've personally spent my time and money for GOP candidates, not Democrats. I put my money where my mouth was. And I am not going to help the GOP anymore because of people like Trump.

Yes, I prefer Obama over Trump. Disagree with whatever policy you hate as it concerns Obama he still understood that one must work under the framework envisioned by the founding fathers. Even his executive orders were supported by solid legal arguments, logical arguments, intended to persuade.

I think my argument is strong enough to stand on its own. An argument doesn't need anyone to be pro-Trump or anti-Trump for it to be credible. It just has to be based on the facts. My argument wouldn't be any less credible if I were a Communist.

A fact is a fact.

What you're doing because you don't like to read and because you don't have an argument is attacking me personally.

This is what people do when they don't have an argument.

So have fun, stick your fingers in your ears, be as disingenuous as you want.

When you are ready to have a discussion, man-to-man, without any Fox News safe spaces, and without the insults and personal attacks. Let me know.

InVentive44
01-19-2018, 08:19 AM
Yes, I prefer Obama over Trump. Disagree with whatever policy you hate as it concerns Obama he still understood that one must work under the framework envisioned by the founding fathers. Even his executive orders were supported by solid legal arguments, logical arguments, intended to persuade.

Please tell me how trump hasn't followed the constitution.

arn710
01-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Why do I have to do all the heavy lifting? I spent 15 minutes transcribing a speech. You can't spend a few seconds google searching? Seriously?

You're purposely obscuring my question now. This is a typical tactic of yours that I called you out for earlier this week. You're trying to drown me in bullchit.

I didn't ask for a transcription of that interview. I already watched it which is why I provided it as a recent example

I didn't ask you for examples of Obama attacking Fox news. I don't need those either. If you do, go find them.

I asked you explicitly to provide me links to posts where you criticized Obama for his attacks on Fox news. I looked. They don't exist.

Oh and one last thing, I have absolutely not personally attacked you or called you any names in this thread. How can you expect to have a man-to-man discussion if you're going to blatantly lie?

beowulf10
01-19-2018, 08:42 AM
Please tell me how trump hasn't followed the constitution.

Article I. Section 9:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

--

Congress has to act and a Republican congress isn't going to do anything.

Depending on the degree of money-laundering as referenced in Simpson's house testimony which was released yesterday, it may very well be included in the articles of impeachment against Trump.

beowulf10
01-19-2018, 08:51 AM
Oh and one last thing, I have absolutely not personally attacked you or called you any names in this thread. How can you expect to have a man-to-man discussion if you're going to blatantly lie?

You're attacking me when you say this:

You are implying my posts aren't credible because I have not criticized Obama on this one issue.

So what if I have never criticized Obama on this one issuet? It doesn't matter.

This is an ad hominem attack that you are participating in.

Instead of responding to your attack I tried to open up the discussion. Why? Not because I am being disingenuous but because I like talking about politics.

You want to talk about Obama's attacks on the media? Fine. We can do that. You want to reference a specific interview or quote? Fine. Let me read it. Let's talk about it.

The reason why there is no criticism from me about Obama as it concerns Obama attacking the media is a) I'm not aware of any to the degree to which Trump is attacking the media (i.e. anything worth talking about), and b) the one interview I actually read in which it is claimed Obama said bad things about the media demonstrates the exact opposite of what you're to prove.

So when I am showing you a transcript of Obama's interview with Letterman I am responding to your question, by letting you know in the most polite way possible, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Instead of being a man, toughening yourself up, and admitting I have a point. You go about attacking me again.

Don't read my posts if they are too long. Don't respond to me if you think I'm a liar, and so on.

BUT if you want to have a good discussion a good debate. I'm here.

arn710
01-19-2018, 09:48 AM
You refuse to answer a simple question and you're flat out lying about what I've said.

Instead of being a man, toughening yourself up, and admitting I have a point. You go about attacking me again.

Now you're personally attacking me after claiming that I was wrong in doing so and further lying

I'm done

beowulf10
01-19-2018, 10:11 AM
You refuse to answer a simple question and you're flat out lying about what I've said.

Now you're personally attacking me after claiming that I was wrong in doing so and further lying

I'm done

It's not my intention to have you stop communicating. I apologize for insulting you. It's hard to disagree sometimes. I think it should always be the goal of every citizen to learn to argue without insulting each other. So I've failed in that regard. No hard feelings from me. Best of of luck to you.

InVentive44
01-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Article I. Section 9:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

--

Congress has to act and a Republican congress isn't going to do anything.

Depending on the degree of money-laundering as referenced in Simpson's house testimony which was released yesterday, it may very well be included in the articles of impeachment against Trump.

When did Trump do this? please enlighten me.

ToPHeR35
01-19-2018, 10:29 AM
So Jimmy Kimmel responds to Trumps awards with his own awards:

The Dishonest & Corrupt President Awards

woFddINztDs

Did he cry this time? What a whiny little cuck bitch he became after marrying Sarah Silverman. A self-hating jew...

InVentive44
01-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Did he cry this time? What a whiny little cuck bitch he became after marrying Sarah Silverman. A self-hating jew...

Agreed that was pretty cringe to watch

jlick
01-19-2018, 10:37 AM
When did Trump do this? please enlighten me.liberals think that because foreign officials chose to stay at Trump hotels that it is some how the equivalent of Trump accepting emoluments as brides. Silly libs.

InVentive44
01-19-2018, 11:01 AM
liberals think that because foreign officials chose to stay at Trump hotels that it is some how the equivalent of Trump accepting emoluments as brides. Silly libs.

Strange he hasn't answered me... must be running to some alt left forum for his next talking point.

z4v4
01-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Agreed that was pretty cringe to watch

It was. The outlandish chit that comes out of Trump's mouth is cringy af. He does it so often, though, you forget some of the greatest hits, like Obama is the founder of ISIS.

InVentive44
01-19-2018, 11:24 AM
It was. The outlandish chit that comes out of Trump's mouth is cringy af. He does it so often, though, you forget some of the greatest hits, like Obama is the founder of ISIS.

This is gold. Obamas foreign policy created ISIS. Pulling out so hastily is what contributed to ISIS taking form.

jlick
01-19-2018, 11:29 AM
This is gold. Obamas foreign policy created ISIS. Pulling out so hastily is what contributed to ISIS taking form.I agree that Obama's foreign policy helped create ISIS, I would not give him 100% of the credit. Mohammad and the religion he created is responsible for the formation of ISIS. There is a reason they are called radical Islamic terrorists.

z4v4
01-19-2018, 11:36 AM
This is gold. Obamas foreign policy created ISIS. Pulling out so hastily is what contributed to ISIS taking form.

Bush created ISIS by blowing the hell out of their countries over Weapons of Mass Nothing.

z4v4
01-19-2018, 11:39 AM
I agree that Obama's foreign policy helped create ISIS, I would not give him 100% of the credit. Mohammad and the religion he created is responsible for the formation of ISIS. There is a reason they are called radical Islamic terrorists.

The religion isn't responsible for anything. It's a catalyst to get idiots to do what you want them to do. Same as in Western religions.

InVentive44
01-19-2018, 11:55 AM
I agree that Obama's foreign policy helped create ISIS, I would not give him 100% of the credit. Mohammad and the religion he created is responsible for the formation of ISIS. There is a reason they are called radical Islamic terrorists.

I did say "contributed".

InVentive44
01-19-2018, 12:00 PM
Bush created ISIS by blowing the hell out of their countries over Weapons of Mass Nothing.

I want to see a breakdown on how z4v4 would have responded after 9/11. Care to share?

z4v4
01-19-2018, 12:09 PM
I want to see a breakdown on how z4v4 would have responded after 9/11. Care to share?

Dude, I realize you were like 7yo at the time, but read a book or something. Osama =/= Saddam. The whole axis of evil BS created these people.

beowulf10
01-19-2018, 12:10 PM
Strange he hasn't answered me... must be running to some alt left forum for his next talking point.

Just tired of writing.

People are just going to agree with what they agree with, and disagree with what they disagree with.

But, here is a snack.

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/03/trump-is-still-involved-in-his-business-ventures-all-over-the-world/

Trump is still involved in his business ventures all over the world. Is that constitutional? Now, about that emoluments clause: Autocratic governments around the globe are pouring money into Trump’s pocket

InVentive44
01-19-2018, 12:11 PM
Dude, I realize you were like 7yo at the time, but read a book or something. Osama =/= Saddam. The whole axis of evil BS created these people.

I'm simply asking you a question.

z4v4
01-19-2018, 12:19 PM
I'm simply asking you a question.

And I answered it. You don't go for Saddam because Saddam wanted to assassinate your father (and he has oil) - you go after Al Qaeda.

BullittEV
01-19-2018, 03:54 PM
And I answered it. You don't go for Saddam because Saddam wanted to assassinate your father (and he has oil) - you go after Al Qaeda.

We did, in 2001 in response to 9/11. (Afghanistan Taliban/AQ)

Saddam = 2003, in response to bad intelligence of WMDs. (arguable)

and yes, the religious ideology that ISIS holds wasn't just created when they were formed- radical islamic terrorists have been around long before ISIS.

z4v4
01-19-2018, 04:16 PM
and yes, the religious ideology that ISIS holds wasn't just created when they were formed- radical islamic terrorists have been around long before ISIS.

Well, no chit. Same for Christians going back a thousand years.