PDA

View Full Version : NFL players at odds over $100M donation to social causes

deepfat
11-29-2017, 09:11 AM
The Players Coalition led by Anquan Boldin and Michael Jenkins negotiated a deal with the NFL resulting in the NFL pledging $100M toward social justice charities. Right on queue, Eric Reid and Miami's Michael Thomas don't like it and are leaving the Coalition. What a mess. The NFL not squashing this in the early going allowed it to grow and now are backed into a corner. There will be no happy ending here and it's all on the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21606390/nfl-offers-100-million-plan-social-justice-organizations-partnership-players

Upshall18
11-29-2017, 09:13 AM
How are the inmates supposed to run the prison when they can't even get along?

niospecv
11-29-2017, 09:42 AM
How are the inmates supposed to run the prison when they can't even get along?

https://media.giphy.com/media/DM22Ip94XsD9C/giphy.gif

JoocyLoaf
11-29-2017, 11:42 AM
I can't read all of that chitt.

Wall of text of peace.

Slamt
11-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Owners writing them a 100mil check not enough?

Lol man they've lost their minds

Shout out to Malcolm Jenkins for actually getting **** done

mTm
11-29-2017, 11:55 AM
Owners writing them a 100mil check not enough?

Lol man they've lost their minds

Shout out to Malcolm Jenkins for actually getting **** done

No, it was a group of about 40 players, but only 2 were involved with the deal (Malcolm Jenkins and Anquan Boldin). Some of the other 38 are now butt hurt for not being included.

evansanity
11-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Money don't mean a thing smh...They want action. A check aint gunna stop police brutality. If goodell actually cared about black rights and lives he woulda got on the phone and got Kaepernick a sit down meeting with some Reps/Senators and Trump and disgusted a plan of action on how to fix our broken and racist municipal police departments. If he woulda done that the kneeling you people are so upset about woulda stopped and we could watch football again, but no...Kneeling is more important that black lives to you people smh...

Hardcore_D00d
11-29-2017, 06:38 PM
But they're already standing for the national anthem showing how much they care

poonpounder311
11-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Money don't mean a thing smh...They want action. A check aint gunna stop police brutality. If goodell actually cared about black rights and lives he woulda got on the phone and got Kaepernick a sit down meeting with some Reps/Senators and Trump and disgusted a plan of action on how to fix our broken and racist municipal police departments. If he woulda done that the kneeling you people are so upset about woulda stopped and we could watch football again, but no...Kneeling is more important that black lives to you people smh...

Not sure if SRS but it did make me laugh.

LOL at the NFL being the great peacemaker and voice for political change in the country. If the players really gave a fuk they could reach out to senators ect on their own...ooh wait that actually takes half a brain and more time than kneeling for 30 seconds during the anthem.

Props to any of them that actually did something but I guarantee that’s far and few between.

Hoyer4MVP
11-29-2017, 10:18 PM

The truth is that there really isn’t a police brutality problem. That’s all media manufactured.

AgRyan
11-29-2017, 10:24 PM
The truth is that there really isn’t a police brutality problem. That’s all media manufactured.

This. There is a crime problem. There is a victim mentality problem. The vast majority of statistics say there is not a police brutality problem. If all these athletes paid attention in research methods and statistics during their cake sociology classes, they would know.

brighamw
11-30-2017, 04:53 AM
This is my surprised face...

YoungMetro24
11-30-2017, 05:15 AM
This is my surprised face...

What’s your username on castefootball.us?

dhawkeye1980
11-30-2017, 06:50 AM

There is no issue with police brutality. Police do not target black men anymore than anyone else. Black men between 18 and 45 account for about 40% of all violent crime despite being only around 5 or 6% of the population. In the last DOJ police numbers out of all police shootings on 26% were black males compared to 51% white males. Out of the hundreds of police shootings 6 were of unarmed black men but it also did not factor in other circumstances such as the suspect fighting the police

People who believe police brutality is an issue over black gang violence are morons

HockeyBacon18
11-30-2017, 07:15 AM
This. There is a crime problem. There is a victim mentality problem. The vast majority of statistics say there is not a police brutality problem. If all these athletes paid attention in research methods and statistics during their cake sociology classes, they would know.

and the real kicker 25% or 25 MILLION of that money would go to a college fund im assuming would give scholarships to blacks who cannot afford college the opportunity to get an education and live a better life

crime problems and lack of education go hand in hand, to combat crime you increase education.

But no, they would rather continue to be victims...

amikaelmorris
11-30-2017, 07:29 AM
and the real kicker 25% or 25 MILLION of that money would go to a college fund im assuming would give scholarships to blacks who cannot afford college the opportunity to get an education and live a better life

crime problems and lack of education go hand in hand, to combat crime you increase education.

25mil would be a 1000 full, 4 year scholarships at CSU average tuition and i imagine that money would be stretched to help even more people with partial scholarships given the amount of assistance programs already in existence for minorities

i don't really want that to come off as a racial argument because that's not how i feel about it but from a purely monetary standpoint these guys just said "nah we don't want to help you" to thousands of kids who could potentially get a college education

deepfat
11-30-2017, 07:57 AM
I can't read all of that chitt.

Wall of text of peace.

You can't read three lines? Intelligence of peace.

Postmort3m
11-30-2017, 08:00 AM
Money don't mean a thing smh...

You’re right, and this gets proven every time one of these multi-millionaires gets arrested for domestic violence, assault, DWI, etc

YoungMetro24
11-30-2017, 08:05 AM

The issue is that this is really just a really large-scale version of hush money.

Miked1978
11-30-2017, 08:29 AM
The players parting from this coalition need to state what their end goal is and not give the vague response I have seen thus far. Spell out what they actually want from the owners. Not sure what they actually think the NFL owners can actually do but give money to the issues they deem important. These owners are just rich men and don't hold any government office.

You will never completely end racism in America or anywhere else in the world. People hate what is different then them. Anything can be offensive to anyone so there will ALWAYS be social issues.

Is police brutality an issue? Probably so but its not as bad as people make it out to be. Some cops are just pieces of chit just like everyone else. Hopefully they get exposed and outed but just because you get questioned by a police officer doesn't mean you are getting targeted. Crime is an issue amongst the black community and that's what the average person sees. Its hard to have sympathy for a person who just created a crime on video and the police officer is using excessive force.

PTzFree
11-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Just LOL if you still take the NFL seriously after this piss 2017 year.

brb switched to extreme checkers on espn the ocho

W1LLW
11-30-2017, 09:06 AM
*Puts on thinking cap*

Not really an issue that is fixed with money. The problem is the very culture of the inner city, I group up in a very violent and lower income neighborhood that was predominantly african american. The thing that separated my eventual success and them is that I:

1: Had parents that gave a fuk and instilled respectable values in me. Everyone knows what's right and wrong, how you are raised is what determines how you act on that knowledge. That's also the reason behind many racists. They know what they think is crude but if daddy and your surrounding community taught you n-words are animals or whitey ain't chit then that's what you'll think.

2: I had a really good private education, and inherently surrounded by intelligent people. I lived in an absolutely horrible area but my parents used a program based off affirmative action that allowed me to go to a really nice school for next to nothing. On top of having decent parents, this opportunity is what connected me to intelligent people and opened up a world and network of human beings that weren't belligerent *******s killing eachother, hating police, and doing drugs.

With the above knowledge of how I became a success story, what would I do with 100Million if I knew my success was based off morally sound parents and education?

- I dump a ton of that money into the shtty neighborhoods' school system. Get respectable facilities and pay a premium to teachers that would need to be durable to (frankly) deal with shtty kids and not teach them right from wrong but how to hold a respectable conversation, show them how the real world works. Show them loans, credit, and all that sht really functions and how to use it to their advantage.

- With that other bit of money? I'm not entirely sure. You can't just give poor ignorant people money, they'll make poor ignorant decisions with it, move into fancy neighborhoods still acting hood as fuk and create a larger divide between themselves and the rich socially. What would have to be tackled is a behavior/cultural issue. That's not rap music because i LOVE my trap music, however I'm not entirely sure how you teach an entire group of people who have been historically shtted on and made to feel less than that everything is okay now and you can not be a jackass? I don't know it's very complicated, the inner cities would need opportunity to flourish positively somehow, but as it stands the only thing that is glorified in the inner cities is being "hard" through gang violence, drugs, or not giving a fuk about ones life. Not sure how to fix this.

Just LOL if you still take the NFL seriously after this piss 2017 year.

brb switched to extreme checkers on espn the ocho

That's why we watch the GOAT college football.

JWeezy83
11-30-2017, 09:18 AM

This right here x1000

ItsWhatIDo
11-30-2017, 12:07 PM

I remember when trolling meant something....

Yea Roger Goodell and the NFL players union are going to stop racism.

HockeyBacon18
11-30-2017, 12:27 PM
25mil would be a 1000 full, 4 year scholarships at CSU average tuition and i imagine that money would be stretched to help even more people with partial scholarships given the amount of assistance programs already in existence for minorities

i don't really want that to come off as a racial argument because that's not how i feel about it but from a purely monetary standpoint these guys just said "nah we don't want to help you" to thousands of kids who could potentially get a college education

part of the agreement was that the players payed xxx and the owners would match. Id bet quite a bit the reason they shot this down is they dont wanna pay into it.

The issue is that this is really just a really large-scale version of hush money.

hush money is to keep quiet and not charge the donor. The NFL is not going to be charger in court if the players dont take it. This isnt hush money. This is a "you brought attention to an issue, heres some money to help fix it " money

AgRyan
11-30-2017, 01:32 PM
Can't wait for "Social Justice Month" in the NFL next year.