PDA

View Full Version : Is there a more overrated person in sports than Jon Gruden?

Hoyer4MVP
11-27-2017, 10:42 PM
He was a solid NFL head coach, but people are still getting excited about a guy being an NFL head coach when he hasn’t been one in 10 years.

He hasn’t won a playoff game since 2002.

Tennessee fans going full delusional and ecstatic thinking he was gonna sign with them and yet he’s never been a head coach at the collegiate level.

And now he’s the highest paid commentator in sports and all he says “wow watch this” and “check this out” while praising every player in extreme hyperbole. Tony Romo legit exposing these color commentators that never explain sh*t and just tell you what everyone just saw.

Is there anyone more overrated than this clown?

kovalchuk71
11-27-2017, 11:38 PM
He was a solid NFL head coach, but people are still getting excited about a guy being an NFL head coach when he hasn’t been one in 10 years.

He hasn’t won a playoff game since 2002.

Tennessee fans going full delusional and ecstatic thinking he was gonna sign with them and yet he’s never been a head coach at the collegiate level.

And now he’s the highest paid commentator in sports and all he says “wow watch this” and “check this out” while praising every player in extreme hyperbole. Tony Romo legit exposing these color commentators that never explain sh*t and just tell you what everyone just saw.

Is there anyone more overrated than this clown?

He had me loling tonight during MNF

When talking about Deandre Hopkins talent: "The harder it gets, the more he likes it"

u wot?

8PointBuck
11-27-2017, 11:55 PM
gruden is the GOAT commentator in the history of any sport, ever.

Weezy32
11-28-2017, 12:01 AM
I like chucky I even liked him when he coached temps. Lol at saying he’s over rated. He won a sb w temp and what have they done since he left.... nothing

beer n brats
11-28-2017, 12:01 AM
gruden is the GOAT commentator in the history of any sport, ever.

this. but fukkin LOL when he kicked a meaningless FG as time expired to avoid a shutout @Pitt in 2006. GOAT troll move

HotCheetos
11-28-2017, 04:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO575LpXAAAZodf.jpg

tripod29
11-28-2017, 04:47 AM
I actually like the guy but have to agree that he is overrated. He won a SB with a defense that Dungy and Kiffin built during their time there. He is a perfect example of increasing value by avoiding actually coaching. Every year he teases teams by saying he may come back to coaching and then once he gets offers, he suddenly gets pay raises by ESPN. Genius.

rainieravesouth
11-28-2017, 04:59 AM
He had me loling tonight during MNF

When talking about Deandre Hopkins talent: "The harder it gets, the more he likes it"

u wot?

he's just saying AB goin in dry

deepfat
11-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Romo is already a better color analyst than Gruden.

Hoyer4MVP
11-28-2017, 08:23 AM
I like chucky I even liked him when he coached temps. Lol at saying he’s over rated. He won a sb w temp and what have they done since he left.... nothing

He’s an offense guy and they won with that defense. They also didn’t do sh*t for the last 6 years he was with them.

Vhagar
11-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Gruden sucks balls if you actually listen to him

You know what I like about this guy? He has 7 vowels in his first name. Every all star nickel cb I had that played the 5th snap in the second quarter of our third game was unbelievable. I tell you 7 vowels is a key thing in our league

You know what I call that guy? Apwise

You know what apwise is? A player who is special everyday. I just made that up some nonsensical thing, but that guy is special. Like all these other guys who are special, but he is special too

I remember watching this guy at bumfuk state. None of their games were televised and they only have 3 fans but I never missed a down and he was incredible there. Let me draw all over the fkn screen to show you

Fuk that guy

Hoyer4MVP
11-28-2017, 08:58 AM

You know what I like about this guy? He has 7 vowels in his first name. Every all star nickel cb I had that played the 5th snap in the second quarter of our third game was unbelievable. I tell you 7 vowels is a key thing in our league

You know what apwise is? A player who is special everyday. I just made that up some nonsensical thing, but that guy is special. Like all these other guys who are special, but he is special too

I remember watching this guy at bumfuk state. None of their games were televised and they only have 3 fans but I never missed a down and he was incredible there. Let me draw all over the fkn screen to show you

Fuk that guy

Thank you. He sounds different than most other broadcasters so people think he’s cool because of that but the actual content of his commentating is atrocious.

Messiahtype
11-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Never put together a good team in Tampa; tried to win using Chris Simms, Brian Griese, Jeff Garcia, and Luke McCown as franchise qb.
Horrible, sputtering, slant, slant, slant, punt offense.
Won the SB largely because defense had 5 hall of fame candidates. None of which he signed.
Let Lynch and Sapp walk.
Never drafted a franchise QB.
Signed dinosaurs Charlie Garner and Tim Brown.
No playoff wins after Super Bowl first season.

But OP, Romo is the WORST announcer of all time. I play music and mute the TV when he is on the broadcast. Over-explains, voice cracks, he is putrid. I would rather listen to Gruden all day.

Trapstar4.4
11-28-2017, 09:05 AM
i actually dont like him as a commentator. give me tony romo and im good

edit

^^^ say some mo' sht about romo. i'll fight yo ass

becomegreen
11-28-2017, 09:26 AM
Never put together a good team in Tampa; tried to win using Chris Simms, Brian Griese, Jeff Garcia, and Luke McCown as franchise qb.
Horrible, sputtering, slant, slant, slant, punt offense.
Won the SB largely because defense had 5 hall of fame candidates. None of which he signed.
Let Lynch and Sapp walk.
Never drafted a franchise QB.
Signed dinosaurs Charlie Garner and Tim Brown.
No playoff wins after Super Bowl first season.

But OP, Romo is the WORST announcer of all time. I play music and mute the TV when he is on the broadcast. Over-explains, voice cracks, he is putrid. I would rather listen to Gruden all day.

FINALLY someone said it! Romo is absolutely horrible at commentating. Tries waaaay too hard to seem knowledgeable. Like he's trying to impress people with how much he knows about the sport. I mean, we get it, he knows what he's talking about but he needs to turn it down a few notches. I use to like it but chit's gets annoying after a while.

HawksFanRuss
11-28-2017, 09:29 AM
I have no problem with Gruden. His commentary can get very annoying though when he just randomly starts praising every single guy on the field.

Hoyer4MVP
11-28-2017, 09:41 AM
FINALLY someone said it! Romo is absolutely horrible at commentating. Tries waaaay too hard to seem knowledgeable. Like he's trying to impress people with how much he knows about the sport. I mean, we get it, he knows what he's talking about but he needs to turn it down a few notches. I use to like it but chit's gets annoying after a while.

I’m not as high on Romo as everyone else but at least he breaks down plays that most people can’t do. That’s his job. Most color guys say nothing that your average football fan doesn’t already know. Yes, Romo can for sure be annoying at times.

Big_Spaz
11-28-2017, 09:42 AM

Fuk that guy

This actually made me LOL. I mean literally, sitting at my desk ... at work ... laughing out loud. Great job man, reps!

-Spaz

Vhagar
11-28-2017, 11:54 AM
This actually made me LOL. I mean literally, sitting at my desk ... at work ... laughing out loud. Great job man, reps!

-Spaz

hehe ty men

shanedawg
11-28-2017, 12:01 PM
i used to call that play all the time, spider 2 Y banana

midcoastking33
11-28-2017, 12:09 PM
hHfmwROXDAI

Miked1978
11-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah he's probably overrated but he's entertaining at least.

I always thought Bill Parcells was the most overrated coach in football.

Sikhveins
11-28-2017, 01:21 PM
Overrated, sure.

But, he always has real raw passion for the game. He'll make a solid defenseman seem like Walter Peyton player of the year candidate.