PDA

View Full Version : How long should you stay at the same number of cals if there's no weight change?

tehdingmeister
11-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Basically as title says, I've been cutting nearly 2 months.

Getting leaner and scale dropping consistently. Started at 84 kg (185lbs) now 79 kg (174 lbs), cut initially at 2100 cals, dropped to 2050 now to account for lower tdee due to weight/fat loss.

I've been at 79 kg consistently for a week and a half (slight variation) but weekly average is still the same (weighing in at the same times consistently), is it worth giving it a bit longer to see if there's any change or continue to reduce cals/add cardio. Seen some posts before advising to wait a month to determine if there's still no change before reducing calories further. Would like to know opinions.

Weighing and tracking all food including sauces and oils, macros 130-150 grams of protein, about 70-80 grams of fat with the rest carbs.

Serpentarius
11-20-2017, 09:01 AM
four weeks minimum, you never really have to adjust calories ever, the problem comes from setting too high of a calorie intake from the get go

ChafinTheDream
11-20-2017, 09:38 AM
If your not doing any cardio currently, I would add some in for sure before dropping more cals.