PDA

View Full Version : Protein powder for lactose intolerant ?

daysond
11-19-2017, 10:06 PM
Hi everyone,

So, I've been having stomach issues lately.
Everytime after taking protein powder at night, the next morning there's lots of gas coming out and I have trouble swallowing food because of the gas.And also I feel nausea....(not so sure but I don't know how to describe it. And sometimes I fart like crazy .... I take lactaid before drinking protein but there's still gas.

So is there any alternative for whey protein right after working out since I normally take whey protein with creatine after working out.
And also should I take casein protein at night ?

Please help me.
Many thanks to you guys.

gbullock32
11-19-2017, 10:41 PM
Try an Isolate, they cost more but have the lactose removed so they should not cause any issue. Dymatize ISO-100 is good, and MyProtein also has an ISO.

Mrpb
11-20-2017, 12:58 AM
Why not eat real food?

Heisman2
11-20-2017, 01:03 AM
Do you have issues with other dairy products?

Mrpb
11-20-2017, 01:07 AM
So is there any alternative for whey protein right after working out since I normally take whey protein with creatine after working out.
And also should I take casein protein at night ?

FYI: you only need 0.7 gram protein per lb. This is easy to get from real food. You don't need casein at night.

KrisMM83
11-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Try an Isolate, they cost more but have the lactose removed so they should not cause any issue. Dymatize ISO-100 is good, and MyProtein also has an ISO.

Great advice. This solved my issues.

desslok
11-20-2017, 06:22 PM
Why not eat real food?

Because its more "convenient" to try a bunch of highly processed powders to see which one gives you the least gastrointestinal upset.

ErikTheElectric
11-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Try the PES vegan brand or Vega.