PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition for the non workouter

Danmorris66
11-11-2017, 04:22 AM
Hi Guys

I'm after bit of advice on nutrition, I don't workout but I am looking for some good tips on whats easy to prep and make meals to take on the road or eat at work. I work quite a physical job as an abseiler installing various frames and signage on the outside of buildings and scaffolding etc so climb around a lot all day. I live in Peterborough but work in london so a typical day would be getting up at 4 am then getting home at 6 pm so I have very limited time when I get home before I have to go to sleep and make dinner etc etc.

Being on the road for sort of 6 hours a day I was wondering what sort of stuff I could prep for the day thats easy and doesn't take a lot of time, my friend also told me about a meal replacement drink called huel that I could drink to make up some meals so I could cut out all the crap I eat on the road. Im really trying to cut out all the mcdonalds breakfasts and cafe visits we have every day so I'm trying to get prepared so when they all go there I don't have to eat the same stuff.
I was also wondering If any of you on here have a same sort of role or work on the road a lot what you guys do to eat and stay healthy.

Thanks Dan

Heisman2
11-11-2017, 04:56 AM
Do you have access to a fridge or good cooler and a microwave?

Danmorris66
11-11-2017, 05:15 AM
Hi heisman, not really sometimes we do but I would say 90% of the time we don't, I do at home if thats what you mean, thanks dan
Do you have access to a fridge or good cooler and a microwave?

Heisman2
11-11-2017, 07:13 AM
Well, there are certainly plenty of nutritious foods that do not require much time to prep or refrigeration/microwaves:

- nuts
- bananas
- apples
- kiwi
- peanut butter
- bread

If you get a cooler you can keep vegetables/salad/meats for sandwiches/etc as well as yogurt.

gbullock32
11-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Sandwiches, wraps, cold pasta dishes, trail mix...

Also, you would be fine eating McDonals; just work it into your calorie needs, there are plenty of good options on the menu (most of them).

Bobthenoob
11-11-2017, 02:27 PM
I also don't workout. I'm a fan of smoothies. Lately I've been making some Acai Bowls. Anyone else a fan? I've been trying to lose weight in 2017 from 180 to 148 but I won't make it as you can see in my signature...I'll continute to try i 2018