PDA

View Full Version : 50-50 EndoMeso food ?

BogEye98
11-08-2017, 12:48 PM
eating in a caloric deficit to lose weight. 1900cal
looking to find what foods i should avoid and what i should limit my carbs to in terms of grams per day

Pur3p3r50n
11-08-2017, 01:18 PM
looking to find what foods i should avoid and what i should limit my carbs to in terms of grams per day

Assuming 1900 is accurate and your weight is B, you'll need at least 0.8*B g protein, 0.4*B g fat, and 38 g fiber. The remaining 1900-9*0.4*B-4*0.8*B calories can be filled with whatever macros you want as long as you're eating lots of fruits and vegetables for micros.

rhadam
11-08-2017, 01:56 PM

Somatotypes are not a thing.

There aren't foods you should avoid.

You need to read the stickies and then compose your diet in a rational manner. Find your TDEE, decide whether you want to cut or bulk, then hit your macros. It's that simple.

AdamWW
11-08-2017, 02:30 PM

You need to read the stickies and then compose your diet in a rational manner. Find your TDEE, decide whether you want to cut or bulk, then hit your macros. It's that simple.

That's such an endo-meso-50%ecto-grainbrain-freerange-nongmo thing to say.

BogEye98
11-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Assuming 1900 is accurate and your weight is B, you'll need at least 0.8*B g protein, 0.4*B g fat, and 38 g fiber. The remaining 1900-9*0.4*B-4*0.8*B calories can be filled with whatever macros you want as long as you're eating lots of fruits and vegetables for micros. 240lbs, and im meeting those reqs, and so then what's the truth about high carb / low carb diets

BogEye98
11-08-2017, 03:04 PM

1900 is a 25% cut in my tdee, that's a 2lb loss/week, what are some good fill ins being a picky ass eater majority of the time

Pur3p3r50n
11-08-2017, 03:17 PM
240lbs, and im meeting those reqs, and so then what's the truth about high carb / low carb diets

There aren't any truths to them mechanistically, just preferentially. You should take B to be your goal weight since you're obese (unless you're very, very tall).

You can start with the TDEE estimate from the Internet, but make sure you adjust your consumption to maintain a good rate of weight loss.

Don't be a picky eater; it's a choice.

BennoMac
11-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Read the Stickys you dont need to be told by us what foods to eat.
Hit your minimum protein goal with lean protein.
Hit your minimum fat goal with good sources of fat Google it.
and then fill the rest with what ever, if you want to run low carb go for it but i would advise not to as carbs are important fuel source.

ErikTheElectric
11-08-2017, 07:23 PM
No one is going to spoon feed you information. Go Read the stickies.

BogEye98
11-09-2017, 01:27 PM
No one is going to spoon feed you information. Go Read the stickies. and yet here I am again looking for more and tuned information. Go Suck a spike

ErikTheElectric
11-09-2017, 06:32 PM
and yet here I am again looking for more and tuned information. Go Suck a spike

Then perhaps you're developing some reading comprehension difficulties.

Mrpb
11-09-2017, 11:05 PM
and yet here I am again looking for more and tuned information. Go Suck a spike

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&page=1

ironwill2008
11-10-2017, 05:18 AM
EndoMeso? Isn't that a little town about 15 miles east of Mendocino?

shesprints
11-10-2017, 06:16 AM
EndoMeso? Isn't that a little town about 15 miles east of Mendocino?

So, brief rant.

Somatatotypes are bullchit. But even prominent companies like Precision Nutrition refer to them when making up dietary guidelines. For example, they suggest that "endomorphs" eat fewer carbs.

To me, this is a classic way to keep someone stuck overfat and undermuscled. It doesn't give these folks, who have big frames and likely high metabolisms (like most people who are overweight), enough fuel to hold onto the muscle they already have. Then they lose their ability to tolerate carbs and gain fat when they start eating more of them again. Thus, stuck forever being "endomorphic", aka undermuscled and flabby on a frame that is designed to hold more mass.

The idea that only skinny people, aka "ectomorphs", "deserve" carbs is complete nonsense that should be quashed.

BogEye98
11-10-2017, 06:43 AM
Then perhaps you're developing some reading comprehension difficulties. perhaps your feeble intellect is taking a severe turn for the worse because you seem to be lacking basic literacy, the stickies didn't answer my question, you're still in here peasent ? Be gone and fetch me my protein before i hit the mats

BogEye98
11-10-2017, 06:47 AM
So, brief rant.

Somatatotypes are bullchit. But even prominent companies like Precision Nutrition refer to them when making up dietary guidelines. For example, they suggest that "endomorphs" eat fewer carbs.

To me, this is a classic way to keep someone stuck overfat and undermuscled. It doesn't give these folks, who have big frames and likely high metabolisms (like most people who are overweight), enough fuel to hold onto the muscle they already have. Then they lose their ability to tolerate carbs and gain fat when they start eating more of them again. Thus, stuck forever being "endomorphic", aka undermuscled and flabby on a frame that is designed to hold more mass.

The idea that only skinny people, aka "ectomorphs", "deserve" carbs is complete nonsense that should be quashed. Thank you for this lil rant, maybe now some people will see why my question has been poised beyond the stickies, i spent a lot of time reading on here before i created my acct, so if dotards wanna dotard they can refer to your reply. you have a great day

Mrpb
11-10-2017, 06:52 AM
perhaps your feeble intellect is taking a severe turn for the worse because you seem to be lacking basic literacy, the stickies didn't answer my question, you're still in here peasent ? Be gone and fetch me my protein before i hit the mats

Actually the questions you asked in the OP are answered in the stickies. I suggest reading them again.

BogEye98
11-10-2017, 07:01 AM
Actually the questions you asked in the OP are answered in the stickies. I suggest reading them again. i saw nothing relating to somatotypes or whatever they're called, post a simple link or the name of the sticky, don't be a typical pos on here who has the ego of phil heath and be a dick, and just continuously reply "read the stickies". Obviously it wasn't seen or a thread wouldn't have been made

BogEye98
11-10-2017, 07:04 AM
if you're not contributing to the thread, don't reply to it

gbullock32
11-10-2017, 07:06 AM
i saw nothing relating to somatotypes or whatever they're called, post a simple link or the name of the sticky, don't be a typical pos on here who has the ego of phil heath and be a dick, and just continuously reply "read the stickies". Obviously it wasn't seen or a thread wouldn't have been madeYou act like a little **** considering how stupid you are.

Somoatypes do are junk science, you do not make a special diet based on some non-existent 'body type'. Same rules apply to you as every other human.

BogEye98
11-10-2017, 07:11 AM
You act like a little **** considering how stupid you are.

Somoatypes do are junk science, you do not make a special diet based on some non-existent 'body type'. Same rules apply to you as every other human. ill cave your forehead in with my knee pulling down on that rat beard of yours. hit the matts and call me that
BJJ life

gbullock32
11-10-2017, 07:12 AM
ill cave your forehead in with my knee pulling down on that rat beard of yours. hit the matts and call me that
BJJ lifeEh, probably fought guys bigger than you at work.

BogEye98
11-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Eh, probably fought guys bigger than you at work. size isn't on mine or your side, you wanna get it going lmk

Mrpb
11-10-2017, 07:18 AM
i saw nothing relating to somatotypes or whatever they're called, post a simple link or the name of the sticky, don't be a typical pos on here who has the ego of phil heath and be a dick, and just continuously reply "read the stickies". Obviously it wasn't seen or a thread wouldn't have been made

1. You asked two question in the first post of this thread: which foods to avoid and how many carbs you should eat. Both are answered in the stickies.

2. If you keep this attitude you will probably be banned soon.