PDA

View Full Version : Classic cut or not question. - Stubborn fat

Cabbageking
11-03-2017, 01:10 PM
Hey guys first post coming in hot.. Thanks in advance for any help.

My main question is my genetics put my fat down on my legs and ass like a chick and my upper half stays really lean. I seem to have wide hips which is pretty sh*t. I want to loose my love handles and thigh fat once and for all.
Should I get in a mad dog deficit or should I keep focusing on building up my torso? but damn pretty over having bitch hips and thunder thighs.. Really stubborn fat
I've started a EC cycle (What a druggo) to keep shiz moving hopefully (Thanks Canada)

Hieght: 185cm / 6foot
Weight: 81kg / 180lbs

Body fat: Unknown..Guessing 14%?

Measurements
Chest: 97cm
Arms: 31cm/36 flex
Wighst: 79cm
Hips: 89cm
Thighs: 60.5cm
Butt: 95.5cm

BMR:1831 | I did multiple calculators and created the average
TDEE: 2700 | "

Usual Macros
200gram protein - 800 calories
225gram carb - 900 calories
100gram fat - 1000 Calories
= 2700 Maintenance
I'll have lower fat high carb and switch for certain days.
Usually fast 16hrs with Fasted training

I eat pretty healthy - standard chicken, tuna, red meats sh*t loads of eggs, cheese, avocados etc. I'm not scared of fat, should I?. I tried Ketosis a about 8 months ago and felt fu*ked for HIIT.
I don't eat bread or pasta (which is lie for this week). The carbs I eat are white rice
(Brown taste like sh#t) oatmeal and some sweet potato. I hit the greens pretty hard.

Supplements:
Creatine, Fish Oil, zinc, Magnesium, Protein ISO.
From what I have researched about multivitamin I don't really see the worth in them. I keep my diet pretty wide.

I do a lot of body weight movements - Pullups, Pushups, Dips etc and trying to increase my bench and lat pulls etc. I don't often squat or deadlift because of a lower back injury.
I've had multiple cortisone injections in between my L3/L4 vertebra to try and rectify the sciatic nerve pain. Frustration is strong for sure.

I've been doing a Split:
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thursday: full body callisthenics
Friday: Legs/abs
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

If I go harder then usual on Monday Tuesday I rest on Wednesday.

Should I stick with a split or do a solid full body 3 days a week? First time in my life I've taken training seriously, possible more newb gains or not dunno. I've been on this routine for just under 2 months seems good.
Picture quality is not the best but you get the idea.

Thanks for any help lads!

royalewitcheese
11-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Hey guys first post coming in hot.. Thanks in advance for any help.

My main question is my genetics put my fat down on my legs and ass like a chick and my upper half stays really lean. I seem to have wide hips which is pretty sh*t. I want to loose my love handles and thigh fat once and for all.
Should I get in a mad dog deficit or should I keep focusing on building up my torso? but damn pretty over having bitch hips and thunder thighs.. Really stubborn fat
I've started a EC cycle (What a druggo) to keep shiz moving hopefully (Thanks Canada)

Hieght: 185cm / 6foot
Weight: 81kg / 180lbs

Body fat: Unknown..Guessing 14%?

Measurements
Chest: 97cm
Arms: 31cm/36 flex
Wighst: 79cm
Hips: 89cm
Thighs: 60.5cm
Butt: 95.5cm

BMR:1831 | I did multiple calculators and created the average
TDEE: 2700 | "

Usual Macros
200gram protein - 800 calories
225gram carb - 900 calories
100gram fat - 1000 Calories
= 2700 Maintenance
I'll have lower fat high carb and switch for certain days.
Usually fast 16hrs with Fasted training

I eat pretty healthy - standard chicken, tuna, red meats sh*t loads of eggs, cheese, avocados etc. I'm not scared of fat, should I?. I tried Ketosis a about 8 months ago and felt fu*ked for HIIT.
I don't eat bread or pasta (which is lie for this week). The carbs I eat are white rice
(Brown taste like sh#t) oatmeal and some sweet potato. I hit the greens pretty hard.

Supplements:
Creatine, Fish Oil, zinc, Magnesium, Protein ISO.
From what I have researched about multivitamin I don't really see the worth in them. I keep my diet pretty wide.

I do a lot of body weight movements - Pullups, Pushups, Dips etc and trying to increase my bench and lat pulls etc. I don't often squat or deadlift because of a lower back injury.
I've had multiple cortisone injections in between my L3/L4 vertebra to try and rectify the sciatic nerve pain. Frustration is strong for sure.

I've been doing a Split:
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thursday: full body callisthenics
Friday: Legs/abs
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

If I go harder then usual on Monday Tuesday I rest on Wednesday.

Should I stick with a split or do a solid full body 3 days a week? First time in my life I've taken training seriously, possible more newb gains or not dunno. I've been on this routine for just under 2 months seems good.
Picture quality is not the best but you get the idea.

Thanks for any help lads!

It looks like you've done some research before posting, which is really helpful. It seems like your main goal is to lose the excess weight in your lower body area and the only way to do that would be to cut (or recomp but that may take longer). You can't spot reduce areas to lose fat and your body seems to burn fat from the lower section of your body last. Anyway, if you're at 2700 calories, staying on a 2000 calorie a day limit would accomplish this pretty quick based on where you are starting as you're not fat at all.

Starting out with training, I would advise a 5x5 full body workout and focus on those core compound lifts rather than a split. You will get the biggest bang for your buck this way.

It sounds like your diet is pretty good. I wouldn't worry too much about carb loading or a low carb diet or any of that. If you want to cut, cut at 2200-1700 calories a day (500-1000 below your maintenance) and get about a gram of protein per lb of your body weight (a little less is also fine). Meal timing and fasting don't matter as well. You won't see very different results eating 2000 calories in 3 meals vs 6 meals. I don't know the scientific studies behind fasted cardio, but I've never done it (I've lost 50 lbs in the past 10 months btw).

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

FatalTragedy12
11-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Wait, Ephedrine is legal in Canada?

Cabbageking
11-04-2017, 01:32 AM
Awesome thanks mate. Most bang for the buck is what I am liking for. I'll keep the deficit and chip away at this areas.

Cabbageking
11-04-2017, 01:35 AM
Wait, Ephedrine is legal in Canada?

Yeah 8mg tabs. Legal status only enables that amount. I'm from Australia living in Spain and was living in Canada. Seems like it's the only place left you can buy them. Poppeys supplements and a few others