PDA

View Full Version : Luke Kuechly's concussion history

niospecv
10-26-2017, 07:25 AM
Is anyone concerned that this dude keeps getting knocked out of game due to concussions?

Guy seems pretty undersized for his position but is a tackling monster out there. I'd hate to see his life wrecked because he won't admit his head cannot withstand blows like other players can.

What say you sport miscers?

Twerk4it
10-26-2017, 07:32 AM
He’ll be fine.

AltarOfPlagues
10-26-2017, 07:33 AM
yes we are all concerned in panthernation. when bro started crying on the field

https://m.popkey.co/3fc93c/Ve9Y3.gif

im pretty sure he's gonna go until someone in his family begs him to stop, a loved one. his 4x probowl, dpoy, rpoy speak to him being perfect sized, so i take a little issue with the undersized accusation.

GolfPants
10-26-2017, 07:47 AM
I was worried last year when he was crying and had to get carted off. One of the fiercest players in the NFL looked like a scared lost little boy.

I wouldn't call him undersized though. 6'3 240 seems about ideal for a linebacker.

5x10
10-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Probably too late at this point

niospecv
10-26-2017, 07:57 AM
You guys are right. I guess he looks smaller than his actual weight.

VeganBrahh
10-26-2017, 08:04 AM
Nah he's Canton bound and the only reason im still happy being a Panther fan atm lmao

Messiahtype
10-26-2017, 08:23 AM
Him and Edelman are going to have major issues in their 40's.

Not to sound like a puzzy, but brain trauma is the one thing that I wouldn't F with. Kuech is a good looking articulate dude, slide into the broadcast booht Luke brah. Save your brain.

(Buccaneers fan)

Miked1978
10-26-2017, 09:29 AM
Came in expecting a historical account of his concussions.

Leaving concussed.

antman12
10-26-2017, 09:34 AM
Brandon Brooks blocked his ass so hard he thinks hes back at Boston College.

Joking aside its terrible to see. Watching him getting carted off crying last year was a brutal scene to watch. Hes one of the smartest players on and off the field so I really hope he comes to the realization that he should hang em up. Great, great player and I wish him nothing but the best.

JBhaverhill
10-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Statues in Canton don't have CTE.

MrStrange
10-26-2017, 09:59 AM
Luke Kuechly died for this.

iamgenus
10-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Not sure history is the best choice of words for a guy who probably can't remember yesterday.

All joking aside though i hope he's going to be ok. Love watching that kid play and I hate to see elite players go out due to injuries.

CobyWan
10-26-2017, 10:18 AM
I'd like to see him retire. Even if I was a Panthers fan I'd want to see him retire. This is bigger than football.

iamgenus
10-26-2017, 10:26 AM
I'd like to see him retire. Even if I was a Panthers fan I'd want to see him retire. This is bigger than football.

You know what I don't get? We have so many guys getting concussions these days and some from hits that don't even look nearly that bad. But back in the 90s and early 2000s before this became as big of a thing you didn't see nearly as much. Now I'm not stupid i realize now everyone checks players any time they don't look right so obviously you'll have even more but a guy like Steve Young even back in those days was getting a ton of concussions and I still remember the f*cking asshat Lawrence Phillips missing the block on Williams where he took his last hit that sent him into retirement.

And yet Young at least seems fine. So why are guys these days getting it so much worse from concussions when it seems like helmets are better made and there's more focus on getting guys out of games with concussions and making sure they're cleared properly to come back?

I know I kind of rambled there but it's just weird to me. I'd expect to see more concussions these days but less retirement causing ones.

AltarOfPlagues
10-26-2017, 10:33 AM
they say (i think) CTE and concussions are not strongly positively correlated or some shiit, so it aint the concussions its the 1000 little hits. ^

theACEofSPADES
10-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Undersized
6'3" 240lbs

Choose one

Lunatic
10-26-2017, 10:58 AM
they say (i think) CTE and concussions are not strongly positively correlated or some shiit, so it aint the concussions its the 1000 little hits. ^Correlation does not equal causation

Concussions DO release tau proteins into the brain. That has been proven.

Twerk4it
10-26-2017, 11:00 AM
they say (i think) CTE and concussions are not strongly positively correlated or some shiit, so it aint the concussions its the 1000 little hits. ^

You are right, there are guys who were plagued with concussions that are fine but then you have guys who like Hernandez barely played compared to most who’s brains were ravaged by CTE.

tonyparker69
10-26-2017, 11:03 AM
You know what I don't get? We have so many guys getting concussions these days and some from hits that don't even look nearly that bad. But back in the 90s and early 2000s before this became as big of a thing you didn't see nearly as much. Now I'm not stupid i realize now everyone checks players any time they don't look right so obviously you'll have even more but a guy like Steve Young even back in those days was getting a ton of concussions and I still remember the f*cking asshat Lawrence Phillips missing the block on Williams where he took his last hit that sent him into retirement.

And yet Young at least seems fine. So why are guys these days getting it so much worse from concussions when it seems like helmets are better made and there's more focus on getting guys out of games with concussions and making sure they're cleared properly to come back?

I know I kind of rambled there but it's just weird to me. I'd expect to see more concussions these days but less retirement causing ones.

players are way stronger and bigger than they were in the 80s

and i'm sure that most of the NFL players from that era have brain trauma as well. quarterbacks are always the most safe, go ask linemen how they're holding up day to day

you're right, mostly. having a couple of concussions probably isn't going to mess up your brain too much. it's the subconcussive hits, or basically every play a offensive/defensive lineman ever makes

tightteeshirt
10-26-2017, 11:42 AM
Probably too late at this point

this is the cold hard truth. the damage has been done. anybody thats been playing football for that length of time (high school, college, pro) is going to have amassed a huge number of dingers to the head, whether they be big or small and it adds up.

swolefnatic
10-26-2017, 11:46 AM
That's right, it's too late. Kuechly has been playing football for what? 20+ years all the way back from pee-wee football. The damage has been done, but I think he should quit right now to make it better in the long run. He already has millions of dollars, why waste your retirement years when you can retire now and be healthy?