PDA

View Full Version : Does it make Browns fans sick knowing they traded the pick used to take Wentz?

IawI
10-23-2017, 07:36 PM
F*cking lmfao what morons

theACEofSPADES
10-23-2017, 07:41 PM
Passed on Watson too

HockeyBacon18
10-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Passed on Watson too

and took Johnny Football over Derek Carr

BuckNakedinBama
10-23-2017, 07:43 PM
Browns gonna Brown.

Dysfunqtional
10-23-2017, 07:51 PM
The Browns would have driven by of those qbs into the toilet. This is coming from a Browns fan.

Slamt
10-23-2017, 07:52 PM
lets never draft a good qb because we make them suck - brown fans

HawksFanRuss
10-23-2017, 07:59 PM
A sports miscer could probably do a better job than the browns GM

Doober4
10-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Yes, was so pissed when they didn’t draft him.

hardestgainer
10-23-2017, 08:02 PM
It shouldnt, they could have drafted Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Wentz and they'd all be busts with the Browns.

I mean FFS Duke is their one legit offensive weapon, he outplays Crowell every week and they still are determined to use him as little as possible lol.

devin45k
10-23-2017, 09:07 PM
I think a lot of Browns fans would think the browns would have somehow screwed up his development.

I used to be pro Hue Jackson. Thought he got a raw deal with the raiders firing him but now I think he is a bozo with how he has handled all the quarterbacks this year.

Hardcore_D00d
10-23-2017, 09:11 PM
It shouldnt, they could have drafted Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Wentz and they'd all be busts with the Browns.

I mean FFS Duke is their one legit offensive weapon, he outplays Crowell every week and they still are determined to use him as little as possible lol.

this is true lmao

yeezy604
10-23-2017, 09:16 PM
Watson is the real deal.

XterraRob
10-23-2017, 09:20 PM
As a final act of GOATness, Bill Belichick should return to coach the Browns and bring them a Super Bowl.

Upshall18
10-23-2017, 09:52 PM
As a final act of GOATness, Bill Belichick should return to coach the Browns and bring them a Super Bowl.

LBJ won't allow this. He knows BB's return would be >>> his

Twerk4it
10-23-2017, 11:24 PM
It's honestly incredible how often they get it wrong. Odds are you should at least get 1 franchise QB after 50 tries but here we are with the Browns, still searching.

northernlights7
10-23-2017, 11:54 PM
It's a moot point, since Wentz would have rotted away in Cleveland just like all the other top talent prospects that have ever had the misfortune of being drafted by that poverty franchise. Some of it is bad picks, and some of it is them just being such a terribly run organization that they ruin the chances any of their legitimate young talents have of making it in the NFL long-term. They could have drafted Aaron Rogers in the mid-2000's and found a way to ruin his career before it ever got going.

CougarP01
10-24-2017, 12:04 AM
you know that feeling when you've been sick from everything, and now you just can't feel sick anymore because you've been exposed to all the elements?

Thats the Cleveland Browns.

turk75
10-24-2017, 05:26 AM
I hate this ****ing team more and more every god damn day. "OH TRUST THE PROCESS! WE'RE MAKING PROGRESS!!" Every ****ING GAME - 1 and what?? 22?? with these retards from Harvard at the helm. "Analytics" my ass man, a blind drunk handicapped monkey flinging its own **** at a giant draft board can do a better job than these dip****s come draft time.

"Uh yeah with the 8th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Browns select.... JUSTIN GILBERT!!! & with the 22nd pick the Browns select.... JOHNNY ALCOHOLIC!" You seriously can't make this stupid **** up. Oh and stellar job passing on Wentz you morons! "yeah we don't think he has the talent to be a top 20 QB in this league" <-- Quote from the Browns GM. Un****ingbelievable.

You have the most die hard fan base in the NFL, arguably the best facilities in the NFL, some of the richest history in the NFL & Jesus Christ, football was founded 25 minutes down the road.

How much longer does the NFL tolerate this ****??? There has to be some sort of Ted Stepien rule in place.

JUGGERNAUT1333
10-24-2017, 05:33 AM
The Browns would have driven by of those qbs into the toilet. This is coming from a Browns fan.

This.

metafour
10-24-2017, 05:48 AM

This is a cop out excuse. The reality is that all of these QB's that the Browns "failed" with had giant warts: Weeden was ****ing 28 years old in College and still wasn't even the best QB in his class, Manziel had obvious flaws everywhere, most people didn't think that Kessler was anything more than a backup in the NFL, and Kizer was stupid raw and was a high flame-out candidate regardless of where he went. The Browns simply make terrible QB decisions.

Miked1978
10-24-2017, 05:55 AM
Analytics baby

iamgenus
10-24-2017, 05:55 AM
This is a cop out excuse. The reality is that all of these QB's that the Browns "failed" with had giant warts: Weeden was ****ing 28 years old in College and still wasn't even the best QB in his class, Manziel had obvious flaws everywhere, most people didn't think that Kessler was anything more than a backup in the NFL, and Kizer was stupid raw and was a high flame-out candidate regardless of where he went. The Browns simply make terrible QB decisions.

Agreed. Maybe these guys wouldn't have been as good as they are with their current teams but they would've still been franchise QBs you can build around.

dday39
10-24-2017, 06:03 AM
I think a lot of Browns fans would think the browns would have somehow screwed up his development.

I used to be pro Hue Jackson. Thought he got a raw deal with the raiders firing him but now I think he is a bozo with how he has handled all the quarterbacks this year.

Jackson has bungled QBs since he got to Cleveland. He had no interest in scouting QBs in his first year because he decided RG3 was a good project piece, so they drafted Kessler and did nothing to develop him. Then they take Brock's contract and decide to cut him and make an unpolished Kizer the starter. QB whisperer my azz.

This franchise is a total joke and the players know it. No accountability. Moron coach. Horrible front office. Sadly, it seems like another total reset is coming.

sloop
10-24-2017, 06:21 AM
Is snow white? Is fire hot?

Of course it infuriates Browns fans they passed on Wentz.

And Dak, and Watson, and probably even Winston and Trubisky.

Such is life in Cleveland. :(

Bluestar92
10-24-2017, 06:32 AM
HhW6nSLSq6Y

Mortar34
10-24-2017, 06:38 AM
Lifelong Browns fan checking in.

Passing on Wentz is probably #15-20 on the long list of things that makes us sick, just a more recent example. Don't forget we passed on Ladanian Tomlinson to take Gerard "Big Money" Warren at sixth overall. Fuk you Butch Davis.

Hopefully that lends some perspective.

niospecv
10-24-2017, 06:42 AM
It would be cool to see the Browns be competitive again.

Last year they had a winning season was with Derek Anderson in 2007. Record was 10-6.

They drafted Joe Thomas in 2007 as well. Poor guy. Finally got hurt.

Mumra
10-24-2017, 06:48 AM
as an Atlanta/GA sports fan I can always look at the Browns and say, "Maybe having the biggest blown lead in Super Bowl history ain't that bad. at least we're not the Browns.". hell Cleveland in general. I mean the Indians are the only team that managed to lose a World Series to the Braves.

DefensiveEnd896
10-24-2017, 06:54 AM
as an Atlanta/GA sports fan I can always look at the Browns and say, "Maybe having the biggest blown lead in Super Bowl history ain't that bad. at least we're not the Browns.". hell Cleveland in general. I mean the Indians are the only team that managed to lose a World Series to the Braves.

Cavs at least got a championship.

Mumra
10-24-2017, 06:57 AM
Cavs at least got a championship.
basketball is the easiest. you really just need the one best guy and the team is only 5 guys playing at a time. plus no one cares about basketball anyways. lol

Mortar34
10-24-2017, 07:00 AM
...plus no one cares about basketball anyways. lol

yeah, in ATL lmao

devin45k
10-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Jackson has bungled QBs since he got to Cleveland. He had no interest in scouting QBs in his first year because he decided RG3 was a good project piece, so they drafted Kessler and did nothing to develop him. Then they take Brock's contract and decide to cut him and make an unpolished Kizer the starter. QB whisperer my azz.

This franchise is a total joke and the players know it. No accountability. Moron coach. Horrible front office. Sadly, it seems like another total reset is coming.

It's seriously mind blowing how they have handled the QBs.

Kessler does alright in 2016

Coming into this season they get Osweiler cut him and are paying him to not play on their team. They draft Kizer and throw him into the fire destroying his confidence already. Then they play UDFA Hogan over Kessler. It makes no sense whatsoever.

I feel bad for Cleveland fans. They have a loyal fanbase and they know it's dysfunctional but damn they literally find new ways to make messes.

GolfPants
10-24-2017, 07:23 AM
The worst part is they don't seem to have gotten much from all the picks they got for passing on him.

Corey Coleman - jury still out; always hurt.
Shon Coleman - who?
Deshone Kizer - lol
Cody Kessler - lol
Jabril Peppers - might be solid
2018 first rounder

1Rz9FKh8ZjM

DefensiveEnd896
10-24-2017, 07:53 AM
basketball is the easiest. you really just need the one best guy and the team is only 5 guys playing at a time. plus no one cares about basketball anyways. lol

That's being a little harsh. Bball is a team sport even Jordan needed help. it definitely takes more than one guy to win especially now with superteams like the Warriors and it is still pretty popular.

I do feel bad for Brown fans though. They deserve better. It is a shame their organization sucks so bad. Wentz is going to be a star... What a screw up that trade was...

AmIGoodNuff
10-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Manziel wasnt bad at all.

DefensiveEnd896
10-24-2017, 07:58 AM

If Manziel didn't like to party so much he probably would have been a decent QB..

devin45k
10-24-2017, 08:19 AM

He was exciting to watch at least. Too bad he couldn't stop partying.

hardestgainer
10-24-2017, 05:41 PM
If Manziel didn't like to party so much he probably would have been a decent QB..

He was exciting to watch at least. Too bad he couldn't stop partying.

If his family wasnt worth 100 million he probably would have taken his chance in the NFL a lot more seriously. Apparently he did a workout for a CFL team last month and looked really good, but the CFL commissioner declined allowing him to join the league.

Browns should bring him in to talk, if he can convince them he's got his chit together finally, he would give them their best chance at at least winning a couple games.

CougarP01
10-24-2017, 05:53 PM
I would do anything to see Johnny Football back in the game.

Shortstop36
10-24-2017, 06:49 PM
he would have busted in cleveland. Who cares

GolfPants
10-24-2017, 06:59 PM
I would do anything to see Johnny Football back in the game.

Yeah I'd love to see him back and on a non-Browns team.

DefensiveEnd896
10-24-2017, 08:02 PM
If his family wasnt worth 100 million he probably would have taken his chance in the NFL a lot more seriously. Apparently he did a workout for a CFL team last month and looked really good, but the CFL commissioner declined allowing him to join the league.

Browns should bring him in to talk, if he can convince them he's got his chit together finally, he would give them their best chance at at least winning a couple games.

Why would you want the Browns to bring in Manziel for a talk? Why Manziel got so hype I never understood. He was clearly someone who liked to party a little too much which never translates well when someone like that goes to the NFL to play QB.. When he played in the NFL he had decent scrambling ability but lacked accuracy. Just look at his stats. The guy sucked...

I wouldn't want Manziel to be my teams QB or even a backup. He was in rehab a little over two-years ago and since then he had that rented mansion incident. He still reportedly drinks. That's going to scare most teams away. Maybe he is clean now of drugs but I find that hard to believe.

Why take the risk signing Manziel with so many other QBs you can draft next season? Browns season is already over. They can play spoiler but they won't make the playoffs. Browns are better off drafting a QB next draft..

sloop
10-25-2017, 05:27 AM
Lifelong Browns fan checking in.

Passing on Wentz is probably #15-20 on the long list of things that makes us sick, just a more recent example. Don't forget we passed on Ladanian Tomlinson to take Gerard "Big Money" Warren at sixth overall. Fuk you Butch Davis.

Hopefully that lends some perspective.

Or in 2012 when the selected fkn BRANDON WEEDED over Russell Wilson AND Kurt Cousins?! :rolleyes:

One of the funniest montages I've seen

T8SsCqpa-Lk

Mortar34
10-25-2017, 05:30 AM
Or in 2012 when the selected fkn BRANDON WEEDED over Russell Wilson AND Kurt Cousins?! :rolleyes:

One of the funniest montages I've seen

T8SsCqpa-Lk

lmao when that ginger b-hole got trapped under the flag before kickoff is one the most embarrassing moments I've had as a fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mToSXz3JEcM

can not embed YT. phaggot confirmed :(

sloop
10-25-2017, 05:40 AM
lmao when that ginger b-hole got trapped under the flag before kickoff is one the most embarrassing moments I've had as a fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mToSXz3JEcM

can not embed YT. phaggot confirmed :(

I'm almost 40 so I'm old enough to remember when the Browns were good. They were the modern day Patriots back then. Kosar, Slaughter, Langhorne, Mack, Byner, Minnifield, Dixon, Mathews, Ozzie, Metcalf.... The weird thing is, if you are below the age of 30 you have no recollection of the Browns ever being competitive.

My kids, all 3 of them, have no idea how good the Browns used to be. All they know is Daddy is angry and drinks a lot every fall and winter Sunday afternoon :D

rainieravesouth
10-25-2017, 05:47 AM
the browns have absolutely nothing now that Joe Thomas went down. what a pathetic organization lol.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/jimmy-halsman-laughing.gif?w=1000

Mortar34
10-25-2017, 05:49 AM
I'm almost 40 so I'm old enough to remember when the Browns were good. They were the modern day Patriots back then. Kosar, Slaughter, Langhorne, Mack, Byner, Minnifield, Dixon, Mathews, Ozzie, Metcalf.... The weird thing is, if you are below the age of 30 you have no recollection of the Browns ever being competitive.

My kids, all 3 of them, have no idea how good the Browns used to be. All they know is Daddy is angry and drinks a lot every fall and winter Sunday afternoon :D

Also nearly 40, also have 3 kids, lived in CLE until '92. Vividly remember watching "The Drive" and then "The Fumble" the next year. What. The. Hell.

sloop
10-25-2017, 05:56 AM
Also nearly 40, also have 3 kids, lived in CLE until '92. Vividly remember watching "The Drive" and then "The Fumble" the next year. What. The. Hell.

Heh. Lived just east of CLE in Ashtabula until '99, moved to Columbus and been here since.

Still vividly remember the fumble and the drive, and Jordan hitting the game winner jumper over Ehlo. :(

GolfPants
10-25-2017, 06:23 AM
Browns brahs ITT do you still think this rebuild is headed in the right direction or do they need to blow up the coaching staff & FO again?

Mortar34
10-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Browns brahs ITT do you still think this rebuild is headed in the right direction or do they need to blow up the coaching staff & FO again?

I'm not ready to pull the plug again but this FO has missed on A LOT of QB's in their short tenure. Def wouldn't scrap Hue....yet. Frankly, no top FO or coaching talent is coming here so practicing a little patience may be prudent.

theACEofSPADES
10-25-2017, 06:32 AM
If his family wasnt worth 100 million he probably would have taken his chance in the NFL a lot more seriously.

Is his family really that wealthy? wtf do they do

turk75
10-25-2017, 07:45 AM

Read my rant on page 1

With that being said, yes... These guys have NO idea how to evaluate talent. How is it that I could have told you that Wentz/Carr/Kareem Hunt/Mike Evans/Mack/etc etc etc EVERY DRAFT are all going to be rock stars - but EVERY YEAR! DERP DERP BROWNS TAKE:

Cam Erving!!!

ecs33
10-25-2017, 08:17 AM
It's almost as if the Browns are actively participating in some bet on who can screw up a franchise the worst.

skinnyFAT91
10-25-2017, 08:25 AM

The Falcons blew a 28-3 lead going into the 2nd half of the super bowl. Its going to be the most talked about choke job in NA sports for decades. Cleveland just sucks. Would rather be a Browns fan knowing from the get go your chances are poverty rather then get a whiff of success only to be shattered like Ryans confidence in a super bowl.

GolfPants
10-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Read my rant on page 1

With that being said, yes... These guys have NO idea how to evaluate talent. How is it that I could have told you that Wentz/Carr/Kareem Hunt/Mike Evans/Mack/etc etc etc EVERY DRAFT are all going to be rock stars - but EVERY YEAR! DERP DERP BROWNS TAKE:

Cam Erving!!!

Hasn't this staff only been in charge for the past 2 drafts though? So you can't really blame them for passing on Carr/Mack/Evans/Cam erving and the litany of browns draft failures that preceded them.

But yeah passing on Wentz isn't a good look. At least they were smart enough to take Garrett. Dude already has 4 sacks in his first 3 games and is leading all edge rushers in pressure percentage. Gonna be a monster.

HockeyBacon18
10-25-2017, 09:18 AM

Oil i believe

Madvillainy
10-25-2017, 09:19 AM
not sure if srs. that's nothing compared to what browns fans have had to go through

Mortar34
10-25-2017, 11:45 AM
Heh. Lived just east of CLE in Ashtabula until '99, moved to Columbus and been here since.

Still vividly remember the fumble and the drive, and Jordan hitting the game winner jumper over Ehlo. :(

OH sports crew. On spread...

y0lked
10-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Coming into this season they get Osweiler cut him and are paying him to not play on their team.

This has blown my mind since the day I read into it. So what if he sucked in houston, the dude played behind Peyton Manning.... He had to be better than whoever they have been sweeping the floor with the last few years...

Slamt
10-25-2017, 11:56 AM
Terram Lucida Tela Concilium
3 years ago
The Browns drafted Weeden 53 picks ahead of Russell Wilson and 66 picks ahead of Nick Foles. He is also older than Aaron Rogers, Alex Smith, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Think about that. That is how stupid the Browns front office is. I'm not even a Cleveland fan and I'm outraged by the stupidity. 

SteezeFactory
10-26-2017, 12:41 AM
coming into this season they get osweiler cut him and are paying him to not play on their team. They draft kizer and throw him into the fire destroying his confidence already. Then they play udfa hogan over kessler. It makes no sense whatsoever.

for those about to brockkkkkk

stevedarsh
10-26-2017, 07:59 AM

They don't do anything, the family has generational oil wealth

theACEofSPADES
10-26-2017, 08:01 AM
They don't do anything, the family has generational oil wealth

Must be nice

Seriously, if I were that wealthy I'd never have kids

x-trainer ben
10-26-2017, 08:03 AM
The Browns have fans?

Messiahtype
10-26-2017, 09:06 AM
2016:
Kessler. Left on the board: Dak Prescott

2014:
Manziel: Left on the board: Derek Carr, Jimmy G, Teddy Bridgewater

2012:
Brandon Weeden. Left on board: Russ Wilson, Kirk Cousins

2010:
Colt McCoy. Left on the board: Colt was the best QB available when they picked him, for once

2007:
Brady Quinn. Left on the board: Kevin Kolb. Not exactly great.

2005:
Chuck Frye. Left on the board: Orlovsky, Derek A, Fitzmagic

2004:
Luke McCown. Left on the board: He was the best available at that point

2000:
Spergon Wynn. Left on the board: Tommy Five Rings

1999:
Tin Couch. Left on the board: McNabb, Culpepper, Shaun King, Aaron Brooks,

Drufeus
10-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Nothing the Browns do makes me sick any more. Why am I even a fan anymore? Stupidity mostly. This franchise is at rock bottom and finding more ways to go down.