PDA

View Full Version : New 50 Greatest NBA Players of All-time

Garnett
10-21-2017, 04:48 AM
The Undefeated made an updated list of the 50 greatest players of all time, 20 years after the original list came out.

For any hoops head like myself this is a good read and interesting take. I was in high school when the original list came out and remember the controversy around some of the selections then (e.g. Shaq with only 4 years experience at the time). For anyone who appreciates bball history take a look.

P.S. can't link properly on mobile

theundefeated.com/features/nba-50-greatest-players-remix/?addata=espn:frontpage

sammywatkins
10-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Ray Allen shouldn't be on there. C webb average more points, boards, assists, blocks, and steals. And had a better FG%. And made more all NBA teams.

SpartacusNYC
10-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Reggie Miller continues to be one of the most overrated players of all time. Very good player, great shooter, clutch shots, some iconic moments, but not top 50.

sooby
10-21-2017, 10:42 AM
I don't agree with Allen and Reggie being on there. Clyde was better than both of those guys. I'd put Gary Payton in there too. How do you leave a 9-time All-NBA Defensive first team also with 7-time All-NBA nods too? Chris Paul would be in there if he actually managed to get out of the 2nd round b/c individually he is every bit as good if not better than most of the point guards listed but perhaps he might be missing some intangibles. Who knows maybe a few seasons with the Rockets will change things but the Rockets have been historically cursed.

dtbrehm
10-21-2017, 11:11 AM
I don't agree with Allen and Reggie being on there. Clyde was better than both of those guys. I'd put Gary Payton in there too. How do you leave a 9-time All-NBA Defensive first team also with 7-time All-NBA nods too? Chris Paul would be in there if he actually managed to get out of the 2nd round b/c individually he is every bit as good if not better than most of the point guards listed but perhaps he might be missing some intangibles. Who knows maybe a few seasons with the Rockets will change things but the Rockets have been historically cursed.

I agree with this. Schayes, Unseld, and Parish would probably be in my top-50, but near the bottom so cutting them is at least arguable.

Not having Clyde and Payton though is pretty egregious. They're both in the 30's in my opinion, above the new additions of Miller, Pierce, Iverson, and Allen at least.

Garnett
10-21-2017, 11:24 AM
I agree Clyde should be on the list. 70 years in it is much harder to pare down the league to so few. When I went thru the list the first couple of times I tried to add Unseld but was hard to remove some. I can see the argument for Payton and Clyde over Nash and perhaps Allen.

Spill512
10-21-2017, 12:53 PM
List is terrible.

How do you not have CP3 on there? Who made this trash ass list? Copywan Kencopi?

CobyWan
10-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Spill is number one on the list of miscers that needed nepotism to push the mail cart and get people coffee.

Keep grinding away and maybe they'll let you be the receptionist one day. Then we can contnue to read your garbage posts while you answer the phones.

RiceBrah93
10-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Klay should be there instead of Reggie
Parker should be there instead of Kidd

I don't even need to explain

Daz206
10-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Anyone who says Ray Allen should not be on the list is an absolute idiot.

SompletelyCober
10-21-2017, 02:30 PM
List is terrible.

How do you not have CP3 on there? Who made this trash ass list? Copywan Kencopi?

I literally only logged in to commend them on not being complete retards and putting the most overrated cuck in NBA history in their top 50. If they were debating fuking Steve Nash for the list CPZero is nowhere near worthy. Midget hasn't accomplished sh!t in his career and I see idiots making lists with him in the top 25

http://i.imgur.com/0c4VdSS.gif

Remember folks- Zero rings, zero MVPs, zero finals appearances, zero conference finals appearances and the only 2 western conference teams this century to not make the WCF were New Orleans and the Clippers.....hmm wonder what they have in common.

sammywatkins
10-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Anyone who says Ray Allen should not be on the list is an absolute idiot.
He was All NBA 2nd team once and All NBA 3rd team once. He wasn't a dominate player like T-Mac or C-Webb or Gary Payton.

DTM999
10-21-2017, 05:06 PM
What the fack is Steph Curry doing on that list?

SpartacusNYC
10-21-2017, 05:22 PM

Only 13 players in NBA history have multiple MVPs and only 9 of them have multiple championships.

CobyWan
10-21-2017, 05:25 PM
Steph definitely deserves to be on the list.

HawksFanRuss
10-21-2017, 05:27 PM
2 time mvp, 2 time champion

Drayton13xpb
10-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Pretty solid list overall I suppose..

Who will be the first 5 booted off this list? And by whom?

ClevageGobbler
10-21-2017, 07:01 PM
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Ray Allen
Paul Arizin
Charles Barkley
Rick Barry
Elgin Baylor
Larry Bird
Kobe Bryant
Wilt Chamberlain
Bob Cousy
Billy Cunningham
Stephen Curry
Tim Duncan
Kevin Durant
Julius Erving
Patrick Ewing
Walt Frazier
Kevin Garnett
George Gervin
Hal Greer
John Havlicek
Elvin Hayes
Allen Iverson
LeBron James
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Jason Kidd
Jerry Lucas
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Kevin McHale
George Mikan
Reggie Miller
Earl Monroe
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O’Neal
Bob Pettit
Paul Pierce
Scottie Pippen
Willis Reed
Oscar Robertson
David Robinson
Bill Russell
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Nate Thurmond
Dwyane Wade
Jerry West

Spill512
10-21-2017, 07:01 PM
Pretty solid list overall I suppose..

Who will be the first 5 booted off this list? And by whom?

Lebron by Lonzo

WorldClassDBag
10-21-2017, 07:03 PM
2x MVP, 2 Rings, probably the best shooter in NBA history

fleeceitout
10-21-2017, 07:08 PM
Klay should be there instead of Reggie
Parker should be there instead of Kidd

I don't even need to explain

Punch yourself in the face as hard as you can.

ClevageGobbler
10-21-2017, 07:10 PM
As amazing as Nash was, we have to remember he was never good enough to even make an NBA Finals appearance. I don't give a **** what people say, if you're truly that good of a player, to be named among the 50 greatest to ever play, you have to do more than that...Agree with the new additions but not Steve Nash. Even in his best years, he failed to put the team on his back during critical games. He shouldn't be rewarded and mentioned in the presence of the rest on that list, when he didn't reach that level

reznov1
10-21-2017, 08:28 PM
no tracy mcgrady lmao

wishitcouldlast
10-21-2017, 08:57 PM
As amazing as Nash was, we have to remember he was never good enough to even make an NBA Finals appearance. I don't give a **** what people say, if you're truly that good of a player, to be named among the 50 greatest to ever play, you have to do more than that...Agree with the new additions but not Steve Nash. Even in his best years, he failed to put the team on his back during critical games. He shouldn't be rewarded and mentioned in the presence of the rest on that list, when he didn't reach that level

clearly you must've missed the Playoffs against the Spurs when half his 1-2 punch where suspended next game and ejected in the game and the Spurs players did the same thing and received no punishment... else he would of have been an NBA champion.

Mizzoutiger26
10-21-2017, 09:47 PM
2 time mvp, 2 time champion

0x Finals MVP

RiceBrah93
10-22-2017, 12:49 AM
Punch yourself in the face as hard as you can.

No thanks, I don't wanna end up ugly and retarded like you

fleeceitout
10-22-2017, 07:16 AM
No thanks, I don't wanna end up ugly and retarded like you

Good one....

Garnett
10-22-2017, 08:46 AM
For those arguing Webber or McGrady, I would put those as next tier. Dominique Wilkins was left off the original list and he had a bigger impact than McGrady. There's an argument against Pistol Pete if you look at long term career. Playing style dictated his lasting impact.

Critter5592
10-22-2017, 09:06 AM
I would rather these lists didn't contain current players. It's strange to me listing/comparing players when some are in the middle of their careers.

dizzin9
10-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Stopped reading after The Undefeated

ClevageGobbler
10-22-2017, 05:17 PM
clearly you must've missed the Playoffs against the Spurs when half his 1-2 punch where suspended next game and ejected in the game and the Spurs players did the same thing and received no punishment... else he would of have been an NBA champion.

who gives a ****. that was one year out of many. a lot of teams get utterly ****ed when their players make one or two seemingly small mistakes but at that stage in the playoffs, you have to be playing immaculately and your team has to be prepared for anything otherwise you wont stand a chance...my point still remains, Nash isn't worthy of being called a top 50 player of all time. It's not a knock on Nash, he's an amazing player but there are a few who deserve that spot over him

Would much rather see somebody who made the plays that equated to advancing and/or winning late in the playoffs. Dennis Rodman, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, there's a handful of players better than Nash that played on a higher level

swolefnatic
10-22-2017, 05:34 PM
When I see names like Bob Cousy I cringe so hard, put a guy like that in today's era and he'd be a bench warmer

sooby
10-22-2017, 05:50 PM
who gives a ****. that was one year out of many. a lot of teams get utterly ****ed when their players make one or two seemingly small mistakes but at that stage in the playoffs, you have to be playing immaculately and your team has to be prepared for anything otherwise you wont stand a chance...my point still remains, Nash isn't worthy of being called a top 50 player of all time. It's not a knock on Nash, he's an amazing player but there are a few who deserve that spot over him

Would much rather see somebody who made the plays that equated to advancing and/or winning late in the playoffs. Dennis Rodman, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, there's a handful of players better than Nash that played on a higher level

loled at those handful of players that deserve it over Nash

Iguodala are you srs?

hardestgainer
10-22-2017, 06:13 PM

That incident was one of the most obvious instances of a league manipulating to heavily bias a team Ive ever seen.

Nash gets checked by Horry into the score table, then elbows Bell in the face then they suspend two Suns players for stepping half a foot over the line lol. Bruce Bowen had also intentionally kneed Nash in the groin the previous game and the NBA decided not to suspend him, and Nash also had his nose broken in game 1 I believe.

Nash is the greatest free throw shooter of all time, one of the best passers (3rd in all time assists), 2X MVP and is 1 of 6 players to do 50-90-40....and he did it 4 times, no one else even did it 3 times. He is a top 50 player even without a ring

thatsnarf
10-22-2017, 06:38 PM
all those old mfkers need to be removed from the list.

ClevageGobbler
10-22-2017, 10:36 PM
That incident was one of the most obvious instances of a league manipulating to heavily bias a team Ive ever seen.

Nash gets checked by Horry into the score table, then elbows Bell in the face then they suspend two Suns players for stepping half a foot over the line lol. Bruce Bowen had also intentionally kneed Nash in the groin the previous game and the NBA decided not to suspend him, and Nash also had his nose broken in game 1 I believe.

Nash is the greatest free throw shooter of all time, one of the best passers (3rd in all time assists), 2X MVP and is 1 of 6 players to do 50-90-40....and he did it 4 times, no one else even did it 3 times. He is a top 50 player even without a ring

Yeah but nothing he did equated to moving past the Conference Finals. Those accomplishments you listed, mean nothing. They're impressive but what he did individually on the offensive end for himself was not great enough to lift his team to the next level. He was efficient but he never aggressively took over games when he needed to. Seen it many times before, when great players can have excellent games and all but when it comes time to make your mark and really lead the team in crunch time and take over - that **** never happened with Steve Nash. He never had the intensity or toughness even on defense, it was about as mediocre as it gets for a superstar tbh...I'm not gonna lie man the guy was a magician on offense and deserves the credit but there are tougher competitors that should be regarded with higher esteem than Nash. I was just as thoroughly impressed with his play with the rest of us but im not gonna ride the mans dick and say hes better than he is. He never stepped up put up godly performances like the rest on the list. Klay Thompson > Nash all ****ing day easy

lol am i serious with Iguodala...who the fuk you thought guarded LeBron James hoe
and made critical plays that decided the series itself...who could Nash guard he couldnt fuking guard his grandmother in slippers lmfao