PDA

View Full Version : Let's be real if healthy Ben Simmons is a lock for ROY

CobyWan
10-18-2017, 08:56 PM
He's going to put up a statline of 18/8/6 or something similar. He'll be either the 1a or 1b on a team that is at least in playoff contention. Although I think that's a safe bet. There's some quality players in this year's draft but Simmons is already a grown man.

Hardcore_D00d
10-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Pretty good. But have you seen Fox? Dude is lightning. So many good rookies this year, anyone could take it

CobyWan
10-18-2017, 09:02 PM
Pretty good. But have you seen Fox? Dude is lightning. So many good rookies this year, anyone could take it

I think Simmons is going to have a LeBron-esque rookie season. Maybe less scoring but more assists. (srs)

MrStrange
10-18-2017, 09:06 PM
It definitely won’t be lonzo ball.

That dude is ass.

No, I mean really.

He’s ass.

Slamt
10-18-2017, 09:21 PM
shoulda had a few more assists tonight but teammates missed a few easy layups but still got foul shots out him setting them up

YoungMetro24
10-18-2017, 10:04 PM
Let's be real, if sober OP is a lock for worst driver of the year.

CobyWan
10-18-2017, 10:11 PM
Let's be real, if sober OP is a lock for worst driver of the year.

And you're a lock for someone who watches Black Hawk Down and cheers when they shoot the helicopters down.

Speaking of which, how come those Somalis were called Skinnies and you look a candidate for diabetes?

captaincuck
10-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Your racism is not only unbecoming it's also unfunny. If you're gonna go for the racist ether be more creative Jeremy

CobyWan
10-18-2017, 11:29 PM
Your racism is not only unbecoming it's also unfunny. If you're gonna go for the racist ether be more creative Jeremy

Country =/= race privatecuck.

Cuck feeling some kind of way from that other thread he's actually in here defending the biggest scum on the board

Future24
10-18-2017, 11:33 PM
He looked good, but so did Fox and Dennis Smith.

sooby
10-19-2017, 06:24 AM
definitely in the running, but wouldn't count Fox out, I think eventually he'll start playing bigger minutes.

Upshall18
10-19-2017, 06:34 AM
Can't you guys keep your silly little fights in slack?

Lonzo Ball gonna win ROY anyways

CobyWan
10-19-2017, 09:07 AM
BTW Fox did look very good. His speed is even more noticeable at this level. I think this was a draft full of quality NBA players.

The reason I feel so confident about picking Simmons is sustainability. His strengths are going to be there night in and night out. He's going to rack up assists because he's going to have the ball in his hands constantly, he's a gifted passer and has weapons rolling to the rim and spreading the floor. He's going to grab his share of rebounds for his position with his size and athleticism. The points might fall off a bit but he's going to get easy buckets in transition or keeping the pick and roll.

antman12
10-19-2017, 09:58 AM
BTW Fox did look very good. His speed is even more noticeable at this level. I think this was a draft full of quality NBA players.

The reason I feel so confident about picking Simmons is sustainability. His strengths are going to be there night in and night out. He's going to rack up assists because he's going to have the ball in his hands constantly, he's a gifted passer and has weapons rolling to the rim and spreading the floor. He's going to grab his share of rebounds for his position with his size and athleticism. The points might fall off a bit but he's going to get easy buckets in transition or keeping the pick and roll.

Pretty much all of the above. Fox will have a chance but id put my money on Ben Simmons (yes homer pick but not really). I think people are sleeping on Ben a lot due to Fox's ridicules athleticism, Lavar and just kinda forgot about him since he missed all last year. Van Gundy needed to change is suit after drooling all over Ben last night.

YoungMetro24
10-19-2017, 10:24 AM
He looked good, but so did Fox and Dennis Smith.

You always look good. You know why? Because you're a beautiful man.

TaeBoNinja
10-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Lonzo = ROY

SF49ers
10-19-2017, 03:24 PM
You always look good. You know why? Because you're a beautiful man.

I’ve never seen a more cringey poster than this fukn scrub. Always taking Ls. Go play in the regular misc you fukn retard.

BenadrylBandit
10-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Simmons played against an Eastern conference contender and looked like the best player on the court (Embiid was on mins restriction). The guy is insane in transition and can penetrate at will. While other rookies had good games, no one looked as dominate and game changing as Simmons.

Critter5592
10-19-2017, 03:48 PM
He is very exciting to watch, especially after what I have been watching the past 5 years. Simmons has stuck out on the court since he first stepped on it, he is something special for sure.

KCBadBoy
10-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Being as tall is he is, he gets to the rim with just ease!

Hardcore_D00d
10-19-2017, 05:00 PM

I thought so as well. He's just on a different speed and it STANDS OUT like hell. Only thing is he isn't a starter so his numbers won't be as good, but if he averages like 15 or something off the bench I could still see him get it. He may be the starter by the end of the year. This may be the best draft in years

CobyWan
10-28-2017, 11:25 PM
LOCK for ROY.

I say he makes the all star team as a rookie too.

Slamt
10-28-2017, 11:35 PM
Giannis at Ben's age right now

16.9/7.7/4.3

I've seen Ben Simmons defend and switch from 1-4 to this season, it's amazing.

Soon....

If they lump him with the bigs then he'll make it, if they lump him as a guard then probably won't.

sooby
10-28-2017, 11:54 PM
lauri markannen is looking pretty nice right now too

nvrstopworking
10-29-2017, 03:32 AM
Simmons definitely has that “it” factor that very few rooks have coming into the league. He actually has a legit shot to make the all-star team this year. His combination of size, speed and vision is something we haven’t seen in a young player since Lebron’s rookie year.

I’ll echo what others have said though and say that this seems to be a really strong rookie class. Probably at least 8-10 deep when all said and done.

antman12
10-29-2017, 10:47 AM
As a Sixers fan it sucked that he got hurt last year and didn't play. But IMO it was a blessing in disguise, I'm not surprise at how well he's played, his future is BRIGHT.

sooby
10-29-2017, 01:35 PM
brb sit all rookies out for a year so they can watch the game being played and develop the knowledge and learn the X's and O's to be successful in the NBA.

(not srs)

but it seems to have worked well for talented guys like Embiid and Simmons.

They're gonna do the the same to Markelle Fultz and in his second year he is going to be a monster. Trust the process boyos. This is all a part of the plan.

CobyWan
12-01-2017, 08:31 AM
This has become the lock of the century. He could not play after the all star break and win it.

Critter5592
12-01-2017, 10:27 AM
This has become the lock of the century. He could not play after the all star break and win it.

hes been a lock since his summer league play imo.. dude was blatantly special.

eQAwDojUXOs

His jumper actually looks good, and has already shown improvement. I bet by year 3 he is dropping 15-18 footers like it is nothing.

antman12
12-01-2017, 10:43 AM
hes been a lock since his summer league play imo.. dude was blatantly special.

eQAwDojUXOs

His jumper actually looks good, and has already shown improvement. I bet by year 3 he is dropping 15-18 footers like it is nothing.

I don't think I'm alone in saying this, but just shoot the jumper Ben!!! Idc if he makes it or misses it this season, especially this early in the season. Any realistic none casual sixers fan will understand that he needs to develop his jump shot for him to fully reach his potential.

BTW, I loved the way that both him and Brett Brown handled the "hack-a-ben" vs the wizards. Brett left him in knowing how important it was for his maturation, and how Ben wasn't running around trying to avoid being fouled. He took the fouls, walked confidently (real or fake confidence idk) to the line and took his shots.

HoustonMiscer
12-01-2017, 11:18 AM
He is a very good player

Critter5592
12-01-2017, 11:32 AM
BTW, I loved the way that both him and Brett Brown handled the "hack-a-ben" vs the wizards. Brett left him in knowing how important it was for his maturation, and how Ben wasn't running around trying to avoid being fouled. He took the fouls, walked confidently (real or fake confidence idk) to the line and took his shots.

Too bad Jah is a wasted asset that actually had potential trade value at one point. I had higher expectations for Saric this season than he has shown so far. I thought he was going to come out with a vengeance after getting robbed of RoY.