PDA

View Full Version : The NFL still not getting it

deepfat
10-18-2017, 01:13 PM
After the owner's meetings this week, Goodell came out today and addressed the media. Supposedly, there were productive conversations with the players. Today, an ESPN article surfaced about ratings down 7.5% from last season and 18% in the last two seasons. The only solution to this is to do either 1 of 2 things:

1. Mandate that the players stand for the national anthem and levy fines if they don't.
2. Have them stay in the locker room for the anthem like they used to.
3. Cut out the national anthem all together from the pregame.

I lean towards option 2. The league wants to continue to have conversation with the players but in the meantime, some will still kneel thus pissing off the fanbase who are leaving the league at a significant clip from a business standpoint. The league should have squashed this last season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21056998/nfl-ratings-75-percent-week-6-2017-compared-2016

JIGSAW
10-18-2017, 01:27 PM
3. Cut out the national anthem all together from the pregame??

May as well go live in North Korea if the phaggoty left makes it come to this.....

deepfat
10-18-2017, 01:30 PM

May as well go live in North Korea if the phaggoty left makes it come to this.....

My least favorite option, to be sure.

Sikhveins
10-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Should make few commericals and donations to getting better Police training.

Same stuff they did for Domestic Violence, recognize the problem in the country.

And, make people stand for the anthem or stay in the locker room after that or continue to look like a joke of a country when everyone else in the world stands up for there flag.

Shortstop36
10-18-2017, 02:02 PM
not have the IQ of the average player be painfully low

Ikeman83
10-18-2017, 02:07 PM
The players have tripled down, and are committed to their protests.

It's too late. Good night, sweet NFL

AmIGoodNuff
10-18-2017, 02:10 PM

I thought the NFL didnt have the National Anthem until 2009.
Why is it such a must to have now?

dyee4613
10-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Because they're getting paid millions of dollars to have it

WrestlingFan123
10-18-2017, 03:14 PM

I'm all for freedom of speech but that doesn't protect you from employment related consequences, go ask Google memo brah.

krs128
10-18-2017, 03:47 PM
I like South Park's answer just have the announcer say "Please stand, sit or kneel". Only other option is they are free to kneel if they want, and the fans are free to not watch if they choose.

meep316
10-18-2017, 03:59 PM
I bet most of the NFL players who are kneeling, think that Michael Brown was unjustly killed and had his hands up.

Hardcore_D00d
10-18-2017, 05:57 PM
I like South Park's answer just have the announcer say "Please stand, sit or kneel". Only other option is they are free to kneel if they want, and the fans are free to not watch if they choose.

Lol I was just thinking this. genius really

Vikes723
10-18-2017, 06:20 PM
I was scrolling through sport news throughout google and saw that ESPN writes in Monday morning "who kneeled this weekend" and I'm like are Fuking kidding me.... this thing just has to go away all together. I don't even watch any games till about 10:20 (pacific time) to avoid the national anthem.

Dan916
10-18-2017, 09:08 PM
They're so oppressed. Poor guys :(

BLM

AmIGoodNuff
10-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Because they're getting paid millions of dollars to have it

Im just saying apparently to some ppl its "phaggotry" to take the National anthem out when it was only tradition for 12 years.i say take it right the fuk back out.

dmoneythegoat
10-18-2017, 11:20 PM
Why is it such a must to have now?pretty sure they've always had the anthem. Just the players were in the locker room prior to 09

MajesticLion
10-18-2017, 11:23 PM
pretty sure they've always had the anthem.

Nope.

JmanTheJuiceman
10-19-2017, 12:11 PM

Is there something wrong with North Korea?

wickedman
10-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Read earlier today that Michael Bennett says before they start looking towards actually making real change (I'm sure he has a long list of ideas to improve the country notsrs), Sackorpick needs to be back in the NFL lol. "We need you to sign this ****ty quarterback before we change the world."

WestAfrica
10-19-2017, 12:34 PM
Read earlier today that Michael Bennett says before they start looking towards actually making real change (I'm sure he has a long list of ideas to improve the country notsrs), Sackorpick needs to be back in the NFL lol. "We need you to sign this ****ty quarterback before we change the world."

Edgy af

“Sackorpick” 4 picks kk

Lunatic
10-19-2017, 12:52 PM

SJWs once again making it harder for them to make changes. This is the kind of stuff that creates more racism. Fixing racism and whatnot would take a long time and starts with parents of new children. Studies have been done on ways to better combat racism and this isn't it, like, at all. Forcing the league to do something will only worsen it

inb4 YoungMetro claims I'm a white nationalist saying to put race relations on hold or something

WSG1
10-19-2017, 12:53 PM
NFL is a mess

Miked1978
10-19-2017, 12:59 PM
They should not show the players during the anthem and just show the flag or the singer of the anthem. Problem solved.

wickedman
10-19-2017, 01:00 PM
Edgy af

“Sackorpick” 4 picks kk

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ttsYDfkSapp5AgS7TKeUMvZKHq4=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4218887/kapwat.0.gif

I'd find a way to incorporate, "Somehow missing uncovered receivers that are screaming and waving at him" into his name, but nothing was coming to me.

Lunatic
10-19-2017, 01:01 PM
They should not show the players during the anthem and just show the flag or the singer of the anthem. Problem solved.Agreed. The media is so ****ing ass backwards.

AltarOfPlagues
10-19-2017, 01:10 PM
They should not show the players during the anthem and just show the flag or the singer of the anthem. Problem solved.

I really think at first they were showing it because they thought it would be grabby and people would tune in to see who was doing what.

Swept
10-19-2017, 01:13 PM

Why do people keep saying this? Every nfl game that I have been to since 2004 has has the National anthem. With the players on the field

Lunatic
10-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Why do people keep saying this? Every nfl game that I have been to since 2004 has has the National anthem. With the players on the fieldNFL players were not required to be on the sidelines during the playing of the U.S. national anthem for primetime games prior to 2009.

Source: https://www.snopes.com/nfl-sideline-anthem/

MBisonSon
10-19-2017, 01:51 PM
Yeah the rating are really going down from players not standing for the anthem you mong :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with TV viewers being overwhelmed with options on what to watch, it's cause players aren't standing for the anthem.

I don't neg people but you're almost begging me with your stupidity.

IH8RICE
10-19-2017, 01:53 PM
I bet most of the NFL players who are kneeling, think that Michael Brown was unjustly killed and had his hands up.

I'd bet you'd lose your ass on that bet.

MBisonSon
10-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Im just saying apparently to some ppl its "phaggotry" to take the National anthem out when it was only tradition for 12 years.i say take it right the fuk back out.

For some people it's about making a certain other demographic out to be wrong at all costs.

Future24
10-19-2017, 02:18 PM
NFL players were not required to be on the sidelines during the playing of the U.S. national anthem for primetime games prior to 2009.

Source: https://www.snopes.com/nfl-sideline-anthem/Not required but I'm sure some still went out. Also the anthem has been played before US sporting events for as long as I can remember.

tpt
10-19-2017, 02:51 PM
You guys realize that the nfl ratings have more to do with the change in the amount of ppl who watch regular TV. It actually wouldn't make sense if their ratings went up or stayed the same. Technology is changing things

Future24
10-19-2017, 03:02 PM
You guys realize that the nfl ratings have more to do with the change in the amount of ppl who watch regular TV. It actually wouldn't make sense if their ratings went up or stayed the same. Technology is changing thingsWinning the night on cable for TNT, the Cavs’ victory over the Boston Celtics and the Rockets triumph over current champs the Golden State Warriors snagged an average of 4.9 million viewers. Or to put in the true dunk context, that’s a whooping 53% over the 3.2 million that the 2016 season doubleheader opener of October 25 last year delivered.

RobParks2M
10-19-2017, 05:33 PM
For some people it's about making a certain other demographic out to be wrong at all costs.

Who cares. They need to stop the madness so people keep tuning in to sportsball all weekend so I can have the mountains to myself.

kethnaab
10-20-2017, 08:08 AM
what a f'ing headache

Ikeman83
10-20-2017, 08:39 AM
NFL players were not required to be on the sidelines during the playing of the U.S. national anthem for primetime games prior to 2009.

Source: https://www.snopes.com/nfl-sideline-anthem/

Source: Snopes, two old social justice warriors posting from their basement.

Masstastic
10-20-2017, 08:54 AM

Who might that be?

Future24
10-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Who might that be?Uh oh Mass has returned.

FearThisjake
10-20-2017, 09:40 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarzp5at2qwSTYoo/giphy-downsized-large.gif

MajesticLion
10-20-2017, 09:44 AM
Source: Snopes, two old social justice warriors posting from their basement.

Wilful stupidity makes for a poor shield to try hiding behind.

http://bfy.tw/EaRU

Ikeman83
10-20-2017, 10:18 AM
Wilful stupidity makes for a poor shield to try hiding behind.

http://bfy.tw/EaRU

Players stood on the sideline for the Superbowls prior to 2009

https://www.axios.com/why-is-the-national-anthem-played-before-sporting-events-2489733304.html

Anthem had been played since the 1940s.

The kneeling will kill the league, because the fans loathe it, and the players won't stop.

MajesticLion
10-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Players stood on the sideline for the Superbowls prior to 2009

https://www.axios.com/why-is-the-national-anthem-played-before-sporting-events-2489733304.html

Anthem had been played since the 1940s.

The kneeling will kill the league, because the fans loathe it, and the players won't stop.

Voluntarily, yes. Being directed to as some "mandatory" display of faux patriotism, no.

The league already killed the league, years ago. Myopia stagnated it, it won't grow beyond these shores despite the current feeble attempts to push it in the UK and Europe, and stagnation is death. All the rest is simple mechanics.

Ikeman83
10-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Voluntarily, yes. Being directed to as some "mandatory" display of faux patriotism, no.

The league already killed the league, years ago. Myopia stagnated it, it won't grow beyond these shores despite the current feeble attempts to push it in the UK and Europe, and stagnation is death. All the rest is simple mechanics.

LOL, MLB has had the same teams for the better part of a century. The NFL didn't need to expand and dilute its product to keep the attention of its fans, it just needed to not come out and participate in a blatantly disrespectful display on national television. NFL viewership is down 20% since the kneelers started their "protest". LOL

MajesticLion
10-20-2017, 01:46 PM
LOL, MLB has had the same teams for the better part of a century. The NFL didn't need to expand and dilute its product to keep the attention of its fans, it just needed to not come out and participate in a blatantly disrespectful display on national television. NFL viewership is down 20% since the kneelers started their "protest". LOL

lolwut

Baseball actually has a chance of survival because they had the foresight to spread the sport to other places. The NFL didn't. NFL ratings were dropping beforehand anyway, trying to pin this on players kneeling is some serious projecting. 80% commercials, CTE and who knows what other brain issues, then to go against your own purposes by adding in RedZone to the mix which caters to the attention-span-deficient anyway? LOL. Imagine my complete lack of surprise.

Dead league. Welcome to reality.

Future24
10-20-2017, 02:27 PM
what a f'ing headacheAnother legend returns!

B.O.L.A.
10-20-2017, 02:30 PM
For fukks sake....I do not give a fukking SH!T whether anyone stands, kneels, fondles themselves, etc during the goddamn "national anthem." Can we all please just grow up, stop being indoctrinated by the "pledge of allegiance" we were forced to take as little kids in public schools, and watch some mother fukking football? :confused:

Get over yourselves, your silly flag, and your stupid songs. If you think those things are important you have no idea what freedom or liberty actually mean.

/rant

BenadrylBandit
10-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Once those triggered by the kneeling realize that the protest isn't about the military then maybe this can blow over. They're the one's keeping this relevant. The President injecting himself into something that has been going on since last year only escalated matters, and if you think the players are going to stop because a bunch of angry white men want them to, I got some bad newz for you.

The kneeling began after a former Navy Seal suggested to Kaepernick that kneeling was a way to get his message across w.o disrespecting service members. Yet here we are, bunch of angry guys who never served (dodged the draft in Trump's case) yelling about what is and isn't disrespectful.

tpt
10-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Winning the night on cable for TNT, the Cavs’ victory over the Boston Celtics and the Rockets triumph over current champs the Golden State Warriors snagged an average of 4.9 million viewers. Or to put in the true dunk context, that’s a whooping 53% over the 3.2 million that the 2016 season doubleheader opener of October 25 last year delivered.

Theres a very good reason, trades and storylines as to why more ppl watched boston vs cleveland and rockets vs warriors compared to last years meaningless opener.

Upshall18
10-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Another legend returns!

Will we see marronis or strapnscrap?

Lunatic
10-20-2017, 06:21 PM
For fukks sake....I do not give a fukking SH!T whether anyone stands, kneels, fondles themselves, etc during the goddamn "national anthem." Can we all please just grow up, stop being indoctrinated by the "pledge of allegiance" we were forced to take as little kids in public schools, and watch some mother fukking football? :confused:

Get over yourselves, your silly flag, and your stupid songs. If you think those things are important you have no idea what freedom or liberty actually mean.

/rantI thought the pledge of allegiance was absolutely awesome as a kid. It's kind of creepy now that I'm an adult. Similar to the stuff people in Nazi Germany did.

I'm with you on not caring if people stand, sit, kneel. I just want to watch the damn game.

johnnyboi123
10-20-2017, 08:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMmPdq3X0AA81PR.jpg