PDA

View Full Version : Raiders season on the line thursday?

waytoodeep03
10-15-2017, 09:01 PM
That loss today against the chargers was detrimental amd downright silly.

They are winless in the division and a loss thur will be it for their playoff chances especially with their schedule.

Seems like they are falling apart on their way to vegas

DefensiveEnd896
10-16-2017, 05:40 AM
I am surprised.. I thought they had turned the corner last season.. Apparently not...

GiantMonkey
10-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Season is already done.

Raiders have one of the best power o-lines in the NFL and they are running ZBS. The whole O is made for power, from rb's to wr's and the new O cord is running zone from the shot gun, no play action, nothing from under center, all 5 oline alignments, no fullback, wr's blocking dl and linebackers.

Just straight garbage.

3rd and goal and they go 5 wide (4 wr and 1 rb).

Talk about a smashing a square peg into a round hole.

Reggie Nelson might be the worst free safety in the NFL and he's playing every snap. D is constantly in the wrong alignment, Sean Smith on the fastest wr, Mack and Irvin dropping into coverage, and I think the d has been pretty good this season.

Get the worst coaching staff in the NFL out of here.
Cut Mack and Carr their talents are just being wasted.

waytoodeep03
10-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Current line is kc @ - 2.5

Kc is the favorite in Oakland smh.

I thought these guys were ready. So was last season a fluke? A thing of luck?

GiantMonkey
10-16-2017, 08:55 AM
3rd and goal and they go 5 wide (4 wr and 1 rb).

It was 4th and 2 and the play took place after the start of the 4th quarter so the Raiders had time to think about it. This is where you run your best play.

GolfPants
10-16-2017, 08:57 AM
Get the worst coaching staff in the NFL out of here.

Jags fan checking in. We tried to warn you. JDR is a cool guy and players love him, but he is never going to out-coach an opponent.

GiantMonkey
10-16-2017, 09:05 AM
Jags fan checking in. We tried to warn you. JDR is a cool guy and players love him, but he is never going to out-coach an opponent.

I don't mind JDR but he needs to have strong x and o's guys with him and he needs to let them coach. Ken Norton JR and Dowling are not those guys.

RAGEagainstHFCS
10-16-2017, 09:52 AM
I don't mind JDR but he needs to have strong x and o's guys with him and he needs to let them coach. Ken Norton JR and Dowling are not those guys.

It's Downing, and you're making some solid points itt.

Musgrave's offense was taken for granted last year and everyone thought he was too conservative and holding this offense back.

Fast forward to this season and look wtf is going on.

You change our run game from power man on man hat on a hat to a zone blocking scheme?

Why? What's the philosophy in that? The zone blocking scheme is designed for undersized quick fast O-lineman and not big monster maulers.

We've got maulers for days and we're not utilizing them properly.

The most physical O-line in football and we're not using them properly.

Ken Norton Jr and Todd Downing are the worst OC and DC tandem in the entire league and it's not close. The predictability on both sides of the ball is staggering.

Last year the offense was so good that it made up for the defensive ineptitude. Now they are both sh!t and the Raiders so far this season are back to being the Raiders of 2002-2015.

It Sucks. It's embarrassing.

WSG1
10-16-2017, 07:29 PM
They must have just got lucky last season because they are playing like absolute trash now

WeekndOrNah
10-16-2017, 07:43 PM
Current line is kc @ - 2.5

Kc is the favorite in Oakland smh.

I thought these guys were ready. So was last season a fluke? A thing of luck?

To be fair a lot of predicted/projected storylines going into this season haven't panned out. NFL is a complete chitshow this year with all the parity.

Vikes723
10-16-2017, 11:06 PM
To be fair a lot of predicted/projected storylines going into this season haven't panned out. NFL is a complete chitshow this year with all the parity.

way true, Denver were 13 point favorites over NY, I thought theyd a least win by 7-10 points, not get man handled at home especially

PowerAthlete55
10-17-2017, 08:46 AM
It's Downing, and you're making some solid points itt.

Musgrave's offense was taken for granted last year and everyone thought he was too conservative and holding this offense back.

Fast forward to this season and look wtf is going on.

You change our run game from power man on man hat on a hat to a zone blocking scheme?

Why? What's the philosophy in that? The zone blocking scheme is designed for undersized quick fast O-lineman and not big monster maulers.

We've got maulers for days and we're not utilizing them properly.

The most physical O-line in football and we're not using them properly.

Ken Norton Jr and Todd Downing are the worst OC and DC tandem in the entire league and it's not close. The predictability on both sides of the ball is staggering.

Last year the offense was so good that it made up for the defensive ineptitude. Now they are both sh!t and the Raiders so far this season are back to being the Raiders of 2002-2015.

It Sucks. It's embarrassing.

So much truth in this post....being a Raider fan hurts again. Ken Norton Jr. Needs to go asap and offense is a dumpster fire.