PDA

View Full Version : The only way Brady can be the GOAT is if Rodgers gets injured

mcboo2
10-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Boston fans prayers have been answered

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Rodgers is about 5 full seasons and 2 or 3 superbowls from being a serious contender for GOAT

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 12:40 PM
I think what you mean is Rodgers won't even have a chance at GOAT if he can't finish seasons.

Another year, one less chance at a Superbowl.

dd45778
10-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Brady is on his way to win a 5h ring.

While rodgers gets injuried and unless he gets blessed with some defensive signings he won't ever be in the super bowl again.

There is no comparison especially when 6/16 of the games he plays in the regular season are against joke franchises like the vikings, lions, and bears which inflate his stats

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 01:03 PM

We're all living in 2017 and this guy is stuck in 2016

visc3ral
10-15-2017, 01:42 PM

While rodgers gets injuried and unless he gets blessed with some defensive signings he won't ever be in the super bowl again.

There is no comparison especially when 6/16 of the games he plays in the regular season are against joke franchises like the vikings, lions, and bears which inflate his stats

This would be nice but likely not true.

Twerk4it
10-15-2017, 01:44 PM

Think about how long its been since Rodgers has sniffed a Super Bowl, its gonna be 8 years.

Vikes723
10-15-2017, 01:50 PM

You realize Rodgers plays his worst against us? Zimmers defense has had his number since he came to the vikes. Jokes aside tho this team will struggle big time without him. Sucks to see but it's football just hope he can bounce back

Reliance012
10-15-2017, 01:50 PM

Strong contradiction. Brb Brady is better because he has more rings. Brb if Rodgers had a better D he’d have a better chance at another Super Bowl. So you admit the discrepancy in rings is not about the QB, but other team aspects...

Shortstop36
10-15-2017, 01:52 PM
what kinda of ethnic coping statement is that

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Strong contradiction. Brb Brady is better because he has more rings. Brb if Rodgers had a better D he’d have a better chance at another Super Bowl. So you admit the discrepancy in rings is not about the QB, but other team aspects...

Yeah 2 ppg and 2 ypg different in 2014 between Brady and Rodgers was what really held him back from winning a second Superbowl, not the fact that he sucked vs the Seahawks.

sammywatkins
10-15-2017, 02:36 PM
Yeah 2 ppg and 2 ypg different in 2014 between Brady and Rodgers was what really held him back from winning a second Superbowl, not the fact that he sucked vs the Seahawks.
Not every qb has the luxury of having such a good team that they can throw for 147 yards and still win

tightteeshirt
10-15-2017, 02:39 PM
brady is already the GOAT and its not even disputable anymore.

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Not every qb has the luxury of having such a good team that they can throw for 147 yards and still win

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951678

beer n brats
10-15-2017, 02:41 PM
OP stop I’m too depressed to go at this chit right now

HawksFanRuss
10-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Any real fan knows rodgers has always been better than brady.

TAWS6
10-15-2017, 02:47 PM
1. Feel bad for Rodgers. Tough break.
2. Brady has nothing left to prove.

sammywatkins
10-15-2017, 03:08 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951678
Comparing September games to the super bowl. I should have expected this lol. And there were 4 TDs by Rodgers

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 03:10 PM
especially when 6/16 of the games he plays in the regular season are against joke franchises like the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills

Yes

the NFL dynasties of the Vikings, Bears, and Lions make for a truly rigorous schedule every year.

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 03:12 PM
Comparing September games to the super bowl. I should have expected this lol

How did Rodgers do his first year as a starter in his superbowl win?

And your other point loses most of it's credibility when you consider Brady also has the record for most yards ever in a single superbowl

mcboo2
10-15-2017, 03:19 PM
Yes

the NFL dynasties of the Vikings, Bears, and Lions make for a truly rigorous schedule every year.

Is this supposed to be compared to the Bills, Dolphins and Jets that the pats play ever year you phuckin retard? Sit down bitch

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Is this supposed to be compared to the Bills, Dolphins and Jets that the pats play ever year you phuckin retard? Sit down bitch

Are you retarded?

You can't mock Brady's division opponents and act like Rodgers has played against much better competition. The NFC North is hardly a powerhouse.

mcboo2
10-15-2017, 03:27 PM
Are you retarded?

You can't mock Brady's division opponents and act like Rodgers has played against much better competition. The NFC North is hardly a powerhouse.

YOU are the one that brought up division rivals and now you back out like a female. What are you talking about idiot? Enjoy my seed

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 03:30 PM
Comparing September games to the super bowl. I should have expected this lol. And there were 4 TDs by Rodgers

Comparing 2001 to 2017. And changing the goal posts from 150 yards to TDs now. Brady had 4 TDs and 300+ yards vs the Seahawks 2 weeks after Rodgers had 1 TD and 160 yards. Keep trying tho.

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 03:31 PM
YOU are the one that brought up division rivals and now you back out like a female. What are you talking about idiot? Enjoy my seed

especially when 6/16 of the games he plays in the regular season are against joke franchises like the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills

You don't have to reply. You're obviously a little slow.

sammywatkins
10-15-2017, 03:34 PM
How did Rodgers do his first year as a starter in his superbowl win?

And your other point loses most of it's credibility when you consider Brady also has the record for most yards ever in a single superbowl
Brady responsibilities then And still are just to not fukk up. Rodgers has always shouldered the loaf and been told to go win the game.

Apples and oranges

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Brady responsibilities then And still are just to not fukk up.

LMAO

do you watch football?

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 03:37 PM
lol how is the AFCE any different?

I hate Erin and I actually like Brady but this is truly a fukkin terrible argument if you think Brady's division opponents are on another level

Well here are Erin's splits vs the AFC East

5-3 54% comp 11 TD 3 Ints 85 passer rating

Here are Brady's splits vs the NFC North

14-2 67% comp 35 TDs 10 Ints 102 passer rating

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 03:39 PM
Brady responsibilities then And still are just to not fukk up. Rodgers has always shouldered the loaf and been told to go win the game.

Apples and oranges

Brady throws 4 TDs, barely wins.

Rodgers throws 1 TD, almost wins.

Yeah Brady's job is just not to fuk up.

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 03:49 PM
That's because Brady is better.

We know

But you can't fault everyone else for rooting for their guy. They just need to be a little more realistic

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 03:53 PM
That's because Brady is better.

And the argument was for the QBs OWN division, not the other way around. I can't remember many games in recent years where Rodgers put up big numbers against the vikes, except the final game of last year

That's because the Vikings are pretty much an elite D in recent years. I don't get what you mean by the QBs own division thing. People are trying to say the AFC East is a terrible division, but really they only look that way because they have to play Brady twice a year. But Brady owns everyone outside the divison even harder than his own division.

Some guy on Reddit had a huge breakdown where he showed that the AFC East when taking out games against Brady and again when taking out games against division opponents is better than most divisions.

Reliance012
10-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Brady throws 4 TDs, barely wins.

Rodgers throws 1 TD, almost wins.

Yeah Brady's job is just not to fuk up.

You know, we could always look at the statistic MADE to gauge QB performance- one that is far more accurate than wins or rings...passer rating. But you Brady fans don’t like to look at that because he’s not even number 2, let alone above Rodgers. Oh wait, not only is Rodgers higher in career vs career, he’s also higher in the post season as well.

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 04:03 PM
You know, we could always look at the statistic MADE to gauge QB performance- one that is far more accurate than wins or rings...passer rating. But you Brady fans don’t like to look at that because he’s not even number 2, let alone above Rodgers. Oh wait, not only is Rodgers higher in career vs career, he’s also higher in the post season as well.

Most people above the age of 12 realize the game was different in 2001. Also yeah passer rating is the end all be all.

Mitch Trubisky 8/16 113 yards 1 TD 94 passer rating
Tom Brady 20/38 257 yards 2 TDs 1 Int 81 passer rating

Mitch had a much better game than Brady amirite?

dyee4613
10-15-2017, 04:07 PM
brees had consistently waaaaaaaaaay worse defenses than rodgers and has won just as many rings. how long are packers fans gonna hide behind this

Reliance012
10-15-2017, 04:09 PM
Most people above the age of 12 realize the game was different in 2001. Also yeah passer rating is the end all be all.

Mitch Trubisky 8/16 113 yards 1 TD 94 passer rating
Tom Brady 20/38 257 yards 2 TDs 1 Int 81 passer rating

Mitch had a much better game than Brady amirite?

Right, it’s probably bias against Brady. Like everything else is. Should we look at ESPN’s total QBR? Are they bias too?

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Right, it’s probably bias against Brady. Like everything else is. Should we look at ESPN’s total QBR? Are they bias too?
You clearly missed the point

Nobody said it was biased. Just that Brady's career extends back to a time that wasn't as soft as the current NFL. You're also comparing a career average for a guy that's played less than half as many games. Brady's has been on the rise

QBR is garbage though. I don't care if Brady had the best QBR of all time. It's a terrible statistic

LeonardShelby
10-15-2017, 04:54 PM

Lol I don't think you want to do QBR considering Brady has the best single season QBR and like 4 times as many seasons in the top 20 as Rodgers.

But yes that's an even more garbage statistic.

Point is context matters. Like Rodgers playing against garbage D's most of his career like the stats in one of my posts show. Rodgers struggles vs AFC East teams in passer ratings whereas Brady doesn't struggle vs NFC North teams.

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 05:05 PM
lol I just looked at QBR since I was curious. Rodgers has topped Brady twice since 2008

Dude didn't think that through