PDA

View Full Version : I’m amazed at the Browns yearly ineptitude

Swept
10-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Hue Jackson record is 1-19

Just when you think they were turning things around

JBhaverhill
10-15-2017, 11:30 AM
Surprised? Nahh it's basically a guranetee.

We'll have a black president before the Browns make the playoffs.

CobyWan
10-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Stability and QB. All the GM and front office turnover, which means changes in philosophies, how they value personnel differently. You can't build a program if you're starting over every 3 or 4 years. The other biggest problem is they have never hit on one of their QBs.

Personally I think Hue Jackson is a pretty good coach. Had he gone elsewhere his fate might have been different. I would LOVE if Seattle had the opportunity to get him as their OC if he gets fired after the season.

Slamt
10-15-2017, 11:34 AM
March 2017

Carson Wentz had a fine rookie season. He exceeded all expectations in Philadelphia and looks like a quarterback the Eagles can build around for the next decade. And the only reason he is an Eagle is the Browns did not think he would evolve into a “Top-20 quarterback,” which convinced them to trade away the No. 2 overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft.

“We do like the trade,” said Browns GM Brown. “It positioned us, understanding where we were as a roster, understanding that we were passing on an opportunity at taking on a player or two, whether that was (Joey) Bosa or Wentz, and you tip your hat to Carson. He came in and played well for Philadelphia, and seems to be a quarterback with a high upside. I think this is a trade that probably will work out for both teams.”

Slamt
10-15-2017, 11:36 AM
I wonder if they think Wentz can be a top 20 QB in the NFL now.

hardestgainer
10-15-2017, 11:43 AM

Well he wouldnt be with that chit organization. Cleveland is where elite 1st round picks go to have their careers ruined, minus Joe Thomas.

Swept
10-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Stability and QB. All the GM and front office turnover, which means changes in philosophies, how they value personnel differently. You can't build a program if you're starting over every 3 or 4 years. The other biggest problem is they have never hit on one of their QBs.

Personally I think Hue Jackson is a pretty good coach. Had he gone elsewhere his fate might have been different. I would LOVE if Seattle had the opportunity to get him as their OC if he gets fired after the season.

Judging from what browns fans are saying, Hue is a terrible coach whose way over his head. Maybe he’s better suited to be an OC 1-20 is inexcusable

TommyRO
10-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Really is amazing how that team is always rebuilding. Their QB 11/23 78 yards and 3 picks today.

TheRejuvenated
10-15-2017, 12:22 PM
it's all the owner. period. 100%. they refuse to stick to any coach or gm more than like a year, its a constant coaching and gm carousel and then trickles down to constant QB changes. it's a mess.

i used to think no way could anyone be more incompetent than robert $aver of the suns or waste talent like jim irsay the pill popping senile doofus, but you just cant begin to call any owner more incompetent than the browns

PowersKenny
10-15-2017, 12:26 PM
Alabama would compete with the Browns

waytoodeep03
10-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Hue is a joke.

How can they not even cover a +11 spread

HockeyBacon18
10-15-2017, 03:39 PM
“We do like the trade,” said Browns GM Brown. “It positioned us, understanding where we were as a roster, understanding that we were passing on an opportunity at taking on a player or two, whether that was (Joey) Bosa or Wentz, and you tip your hat to Carson. He came in and played well for Philadelphia, and seems to be a quarterback with a high upside. I think this is a trade that probably will work out for both teams.”

could you imagine JOEYBOSA as a Browns troll?

Lunatic
10-15-2017, 03:45 PM
inb4 AriGold or whatever his name is

Critter5592
10-15-2017, 03:47 PM

Not once did I ever have these thoughts.

antman12
10-15-2017, 04:01 PM
I thank the Browns everyday for not thinking Carson Wentz is a top 20 qb.

ErnieMccracken
10-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Browns are the worst organization in all of pro sports. No other dumpster fire team even comes close.

And yet, every home game, tens of thousands of timothys show up to watch their team get steamrolled. I don't get it at all. How can you not have anything better to do than spend $500 and the bulk of your Sunday watching the browns put up another stinker?

W1LLW
10-15-2017, 05:08 PM
inb4 AriGold or whatever his name is

He requested a ban

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 05:17 PM
Browns are the worst organization in all of pro sports. No other dumpster fire team even comes close.

And yet, every home game, tens of thousands of timothys show up to watch their team get steamrolled. I don't get it at all. How can you not have anything better to do than spend $500 and the bulk of your Sunday watching the browns put up another stinker?

one of life's great questions

Shortstop36
10-15-2017, 05:33 PM

He would have busted with the browns lmao

Swept
10-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Not once did I ever have these thoughts.

A lot predicted they would win 6 games after their draft

devin45k
10-15-2017, 05:56 PM
I don't get how kizer and Hogan are starting over Kessler.

I thought Hue Jackson was a good hire at the time but now I think he either just wants to be fired or he really just sucks as a head coach.

1hardgainer
10-15-2017, 05:59 PM
And to think Johnny football had more wins (2) than all the other QBs combined (RGIII, Kessler, Kizer, Hogan) that started after him.

mind=blown

devin45k
10-15-2017, 06:02 PM
And to think Johnny football had more wins (2) than all the other QBs combined (RGIII, Kessler, Kizer, Hogan) that started after him.

mind=blown

Johnny Football was way more exciting to watch also. Too bad he pissed his career away.

ElusiveTiger
10-15-2017, 06:06 PM
Relegate them to HS football. Pathetic.

1hardgainer
10-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Johnny Football was way more exciting to watch also. Too bad he pissed his career away.

Totally agree. Can't believe not one team out there was willing to give the kid another shot. What was the deal with all the talks a few months ago about teams having interest?

devin45k
10-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Totally agree. Can't believe not one team out there was willing to give the kid another shot. What was the deal with all the talks a few months ago about teams having interest?

I'm surprised even the CFL said no to him. They even gave Vince Young a chance although he couldn't even make an appearance in a preseason game cuz he looked so bad.

HtotheOV
10-15-2017, 06:17 PM
they have 5 picks next year in 1st/2nd rounds

if they blow those picks then all hope is for sure lost

Vhagar
10-15-2017, 06:19 PM
they have 5 picks next year in 1st/2nd rounds

if they blow those picks then all hope is for sure lost

if?

mvpshaq32
10-15-2017, 07:43 PM
lol at Cleveland sports in general

CommonPheasant
10-15-2017, 08:24 PM
We need a tiered system like English football. Worst teams go down to the minors.

drock2190
10-15-2017, 08:32 PM
He would have busted with the browns lmao

Last year Carson didn't impress me much. Lots of his passes were RAC variety which inflated his stats. He would have flopped as Brown.

I haven't watched him this year so maybe thats changed and he's a better passer downfield. I really hope he succeeds as he came from a small college.

devin45k
10-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Last year Carson didn't impress me much. Lots of his passes were RAC variety which inflated his stats. He would have flopped as Brown.

I haven't watched him this year so maybe thats changed and he's a better passer downfield. I really hope he succeeds as he came from a small college.

Way different this year since he has weapons and they have a running game. Almost has his to pass total from last year in just 6 games this year.

AmIGoodNuff
10-15-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm surprised even the CFL said no to him. They even gave Vince Young a chance although he couldn't even make an appearance in a preseason game cuz he looked so bad.

I think a team in the CFL tried to sign him but the commissioner of the league didnt allow it.

devin45k
10-16-2017, 04:27 AM
I think a team in the CFL tried to sign him but the commissioner of the league didnt allow it.

I think you are correct. That even surprised me. I ought they would just for the temporary exposure

JUGGERNAUT1333
10-16-2017, 04:45 AM
What blows my mind is how many early draft picks they have had, and how they've missed on nearly all of them. You think by dumb luck you'd hit eventually.

kethnaab
10-16-2017, 08:37 AM
incredible. Year after year they are terrible, and year after year their fans come to watch them.

I know it's "in fashion" to ridicule the Browns, but I can't do it. Their fans suffer enough, and in a world populated with bandwagoners who barely know anybody other than "their team's" QB and perhaps 1 or 2 other players, you gotta hand it to the Browns fans. They stick by their team no matter what, through thin and thin

kudos to them.

2017 - 3 first rounders
2016 - 2 first rounders
2015 - 2 first rounders
2014 - 2 first rounders
2013 - 6th overall
2012 - 2 first rounders

11 first rounders in the past 6 seasons, and they have jack all to show for it

Lunatic
10-16-2017, 08:48 AM
I think a team in the CFL tried to sign him but the commissioner of the league didnt allow it.Because there was only like a month or less left in the season. There would be no point in him joining the league for that very, very short period of time. He'd have to learn the playbook and everything else.

GolfPants
10-16-2017, 08:53 AM
incredible. Year after year they are terrible, and year after year their fans come to watch them.

I know it's "in fashion" to ridicule the Browns, but I can't do it. Their fans suffer enough, and in a world populated with bandwagoners who barely know anybody other than "their team's" QB and perhaps 1 or 2 other players, you gotta hand it to the Browns fans. They stick by their team no matter what, through thin and thin

kudos to them.

2017 - 3 first rounders
2016 - 2 first rounders
2015 - 2 first rounders
2014 - 2 first rounders
2013 - 6th overall
2012 - 2 first rounders

11 first rounders in the past 6 seasons, and they have jack all to show for it

Holy fuk when did you get back to sports misc?

And yeah chitting on the Browns organization is one thing but they have some of the best fans in sports.

devin45k
10-16-2017, 10:37 AM
And yeah chitting on the Browns organization is one thing but they have some of the best fans in sports.

I have nothing against the fans....I actually feel bad for them. It's sad an organization can have so many 1st round picks but then an organization can be so out of whack to screw it up.

sloop
10-18-2017, 08:49 AM
Grew up east of Cleveland, life long Browns fan.

I'm almost 40 so I can still remember when the Browns were legitimately good, when they were the modern day Patriots of the AFC back then.

My kids, and most teenagers nowadays can't even fathom the idea of the Browns being anything other than a punchline to an overused joke. It's awful, it's terrible, and it's comical all at the same time. The upper management is so completely inept at making professional, FOOTBALL decisions, at times I think Goodell needs to stage an intervention.

They have to move on from Hue Jackson. Dude gives great interviews, seems like a likable guy, but I just dont think he's cut out for head coaching this team. I dont know what "kind" of coach they need, but Hue is not that guy. Not every coach is meant to be a head coach, maybe he's just good at press conferences and making excuses?

Slamt
10-18-2017, 09:50 AM
Grew up east of Cleveland, life long Browns fan.

I'm almost 40 so I can still remember when the Browns were legitimately good, when they were the modern day Patriots of the AFC back then.

My kids, and most teenagers nowadays can't even fathom the idea of the Browns being anything other than a punchline to an overused joke. It's awful, it's terrible, and it's comical all at the same time. The upper management is so completely inept at making professional, FOOTBALL decisions, at times I think Goodell needs to stage an intervention.

They have to move on from Hue Jackson. Dude gives great interviews, seems like a likable guy, but I just dont think he's cut out for head coaching this team. I dont know what "kind" of coach they need, but Hue is not that guy. Not every coach is meant to be a head coach, maybe he's just good at press conferences and making excuses?

They definitely all need to go and maybe try hiring football front office people this time around instead of baseball people for football.

He had excuses before that they weren't his players, but the team definitely had input on the newer guys from him. But I distinctly remember him and his QBcoach/assistant or whatever Pep Hamilton working out Wentz and decided he wasn't good enough. GM comes out and says Wentz won't be a top 20 QB, so that's why they passed.

Sure you can say Wentz woulda bust if he was a Cleveland Brown, but Wentz' rbs/wrs were **** last year too but he still showed promise while he was making mistakes. Now he's an MVP favorite, so somebody definitely ****ed up. Imagine if Wentz did win the MVP award in his 2nd year, oh lawddddd.

So they go from RGIII to like Cody Kessler then decided Kizer was the starter and then somehow now Hogan is the best out of all of them. None of them has shown development or any slight hint of being an average NFL qb.

Johnny Manziel has more wins (2) than all of those guys that came after him combined.

just lMAO

MrStrange
10-18-2017, 09:57 AM
we had clowns here preseason thinking the 49'ers and browns werent gonna be the worst teams in the league lmao

GolfPants
10-18-2017, 10:01 AM
we had clowns here preseason thinking the 49'ers and browns werent gonna be the worst teams in the league lmao

I'll take my L on this. I thought the Browns would win 6-7 games this year.

devin45k
10-18-2017, 10:43 AM
I'll take my L on this. I thought the Browns would win 6-7 games this year.

To be fair they had nowhere to go but up. 1 win or better and it's an improvement. But then they decided to throw Kizer in there and then Hogan and keep Kessler inactive. Kessler aint the greatest but his stats are better than both of them.

GolfPants
10-18-2017, 11:02 AM
To be fair they had nowhere to go but up. 1 win or better and it's an improvement. But then they decided to throw Kizer in there and then Hogan and keep Kessler inactive. Kessler aint the greatest but his stats are better than both of them.

Yeah I'm confused why they abandoned Kessler; someone they invested a 3rd rounder in; so quickly.

I realize he is limited as a player but he is accurate and doesn't throw potato interceptions.

Considering Kizer and Hogan are averaging well below 60% and have thrown 14 interceptions in 6 games, you'd think the Browns might want to give him another shot lol.

devin45k
10-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Yeah I'm confused why they abandoned Kessler; someone they invested a 3rd rounder in; so quickly.

I realize he is limited as a player but he is accurate and doesn't throw potato interceptions.

Considering Kizer and Hogan are averaging well below 60% and have thrown 14 interceptions in 6 games, you'd think the Browns might want to give him another shot lol.

It blows my mind. Adam Schefter just reported that they named Kizer as the week 7 starter, put Hogan as the 3rd string, and promoted Kessler to 2nd string.

djscotch
10-18-2017, 11:37 AM
Cleveland Browns to start DeShone Kizer vs. Titans

LMFAO!

Edit: I am late but still Lulz

sloop
10-19-2017, 04:30 AM

Kessler has been hurt and didn't even dress the past few games.

Swept
10-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Even the rams and jags are starting to win some games

Lunatic
10-19-2017, 01:07 PM
To be fair they had nowhere to go but up. 1 win or better and it's an improvement. But then they decided to throw Kizer in there and then Hogan and keep Kessler inactive. Kessler aint the greatest but his stats are better than both of them.Such an incorrect statement on so many levels.

GolfPants
10-19-2017, 01:51 PM
Such an incorrect statement on so many levels.

Well I mean they went 1-15, so it's more like incorrect on 1 level.

theACEofSPADES
10-19-2017, 03:04 PM
I wonder how the Browns will feel if there's a Wentz/Watson Super Bowl

Slamt
10-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Deshonn Kizer wins Job over Kessler in offseaso, Kessler QB3 --> Kizer loses job to Hogan --> Wins job back from Hogan --> Hogan loses QB2 job to Kessler --> Kizer benched for Kessler

LMAO

waytoodeep03
10-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Deshonn Kizer wins Job over Kessler in offseaso, Kessler QB3 --> Kizer loses job to Hogan --> Wins job back from Hogan --> Hogan loses QB2 job to Kessler --> Kizer benched for Kessler

LMAO

Hue Jackson is an idiot.

Lunatic
10-22-2017, 12:32 PM
Well I mean they went 1-15, so it's more like incorrect on 1 level.Them only winning 1 game this year is still worse than last year. Losing all games is worse. Organization problems are worse, etc.

I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened, but it's more hilarious that it happened with the Browns.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMxAAoDWAAQPRtU.jpg

Slamt
10-31-2017, 02:27 PM
Adam Schefter ✔@AdamSchefter
Bengals and Browns actually agreed to AJ McCarron trade at 3:55 pm, per source involved. Bengals approved trade to NFL, Browns did not.

turk75
10-31-2017, 04:54 PM

Tickets are literally less than 5 dollars.

ErnieMccracken
10-31-2017, 07:04 PM
Tickets are literally less than 5 dollars.

Still overpriced

Gayle1
10-31-2017, 07:06 PM
Couldn't even go 0-16 had to fk that up too

ErnieMccracken
10-31-2017, 07:21 PM

The 0-16 parade would have been one of the greatest moments in sports.

captaincuck
10-31-2017, 08:05 PM
Hue Jackson record is 1-19

Honestly the Panthers look like they are headed in that direction as well. Their draft may end up being the worst ever and they are shipping off their legitimate receiving targets now

sloop
11-01-2017, 04:23 AM
If the NFL stepped in and claimed imminent domain over the franchise, took over 45% ownership, and assembled a council of lifelong fans from the 216 as partial ownership or advisory committee - I don't think anyone would give a sh!t. I've supported this team my entire life, and I'm almost 40. I've had enough. Nothing surprises me any more.

Thing is, I'm so emotionally invested in this team and have followed them for so long I can't even fathom supporting another team or wearing another team's jersey or hoodie or anything. I'm sick of this sh!t.

GolfPants
11-01-2017, 04:40 AM

Don't worry; they're trying for it again this season.

YOTTO
11-01-2017, 05:07 AM
They seemed a lot more competitive last year and thought they were a 4ish win team this year. I've been so wrong about Hue

JUGGERNAUT1333
11-01-2017, 05:35 AM
Honestly you'd think by dumb luck they would have assembled a semi competitive roster by now. Constant cap space + constant high draft picks. That front office is atrocious. They need major overhaul because no free agents want to go there. They will never be able to lure a high profile QB until they prove they can run a competent franchise.

rainieravesouth
11-01-2017, 07:22 AM
somehow they messed up a trade for AJ McCarron

incompetence throughout the front office lol. or maybe it was done on purpose?

Swept
11-01-2017, 07:38 AM
somehow they messed up a trade for AJ McCarron

incompetence throughout the front office lol. or maybe it was done on purpose?

It was a good thing that trade didn’t go through.

bezarker
11-01-2017, 08:16 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rPpVosx.jpg

GolfPants
11-01-2017, 08:42 AM
It was a good thing that trade didn’t go through.

Yes but that is not the point.

The Browns were:

Potato enough to evaluate AJ McCarron as someone worth trading a 2nd and 3rd round pick for

AND

Too incompetent to make a phone call to the league office on time

iamgenus
11-01-2017, 08:59 AM
This is crazy....my heart goes out to Browns fans. I mean my niners are 0-8 and half the people worth watching are on the IR or injured but at least we managed to actually trade for a potential starting QB and the idea for this season was a total rebuild. Oh and i've been around to see them win the SB.

But Browns fans....fuuuuu it's like constant kick to the nuts by the franchise. The trade downs with franchise QBs on the board. The reaches for clearly overrated QBs. The bad luck, the staph infections, suspensions to the few talented players and the clear break down between front office and coaching staff.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that front office fuked up that trade on purpose. It makes them look totally incompetent but maybe they'd rather look that way then deal that much for McCarron.

Critter5592
11-01-2017, 10:47 AM
It''s probably a blessing in disguise. I doubt AJ mccarron would be a franchise QB for the ****ty browns anyway. May as well keep the picks and keep trying in the draft.

P51
11-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Honestly you'd think by dumb luck they would have assembled a semi competitive roster by now. Constant cap space + constant high draft picks. That front office is atrocious. They need major overhaul because no free agents want to go there. They will never be able to lure a high profile QB until they prove they can run a competent franchise.Thats what blows my mind. How can luck not even get this team to 6-8 wins consistently? Like you said they always have high picks/many picks and tons of money to spend for 20 years now lmao.

iamgenus
11-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Thats what blows my mind. How can luck not even get this team to 6-8 wins consistently? Like you said they always have high picks/many picks and tons of money to spend for 20 years now lmao.

Honestly at this point the league should put in rule that you can't have back to back #1 overall picks unless you're an expansion team or one of those was from a trade.

....signed fan of the team who will likely be picking 2nd behind them in back to back years.

Lunatic
11-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Thats what blows my mind. How can luck not even get this team to 6-8 wins consistently? Like you said they always have high picks/many picks and tons of money to spend for 20 years now lmao.The Saints have struggled getting 7 wins the last few years and they have a hell of an offense. The Browns have nothing worth mentioning, so luck would get you 1 win, like last year.

Cleveland is where careers go to die before they start.

bezarker
11-01-2017, 12:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Ryqvgxv.jpg

devin45k
11-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Yes but that is not the point.

The Browns were:

Potato enough to evaluate AJ McCarron as someone worth trading a 2nd and 3rd round pick for

AND

Too incompetent to make a phone call to the league office on time

All while paying Osweiler a fukk ton to play for the Broncos this season.

Godamn I feel bad for Browns fans. Loyal fanbase that literally has an organization that literally figures out unthinkable ways to screw things up.

Slamt
11-01-2017, 02:10 PM
All while paying Osweiler a fukk ton to play for the Broncos this season.

Godamn I feel bad for Browns fans. Loyal fanbase that literally has an organization that literally figures out unthinkable ways to screw things up.

It's hilarious, they cope so hard about the fact that Wentz wouldn't be good and that those draft picks will help them out more

then they spend a 2nd on kizer, a 3rd on kessler, and are about to move another two day 2 picks for ****ing mccarron, and still end up with no real QB's. just fkin lol

"Qb GURU"

ErnieMccracken
11-01-2017, 05:14 PM
It's hilarious, they cope so hard about the fact that Wentz wouldn't be good and that those draft picks will help them out more

then they spend a 2nd on kizer, a 3rd on kessler, and are about to move another two day 2 picks for ****ing mccarron, and still end up with no real QB's. just fkin lol

"Qb GURU"

I hate defending the browns, but who would Wentz even have thrown to?

Slamt
11-01-2017, 05:16 PM
I hate defending the browns, but who would Wentz even have thrown to?

wentz was throwing to agholor and 3 other receivers who aren't even in the NFL anymore in his rookie year, with RB's worse than Clevelands, without his starting RT for roiding.

the signs of a promising young QB were there, even tho he made a ton of mistakes, he made a ton of plays. that gave them the signal to all in.

the big additions came from free agency, the browns coulda done the same, but they spent 16mil on osweiler to get a 2nd rounder that they were about to give up for mccarron

rofl