PDA

View Full Version : Calories to gain weight ( stupid question )

Anoice
10-15-2017, 10:32 AM
So I am an ectomorph and I try to eat every 2 hours and I need 25000 kcal per day, I would like to know if I ate 2500 kcal in 3 meals I still had to eat every 2 hours?
Just asking to make sure
Thx

allrnder
10-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Ectomorphs don't exist. I used to think I was one. I wasn't. Its just I had no idea.

eating every 2 hours is no benefit to eating every 4 hours.

Eating total amount of calories over a whole day is what matters most.

kraack
10-16-2017, 01:01 AM
I need 25000 kcal per day
Good luck with that.

I would like to know if I ate 2500 kcal in 3 meals I still had to eat every 2 hour
Meal timing makes no real difference unless you are a professional athlete, imo.

allrnder
10-16-2017, 01:15 AM
Good luck with that.

Meal timing makes no real difference unless you are a professional athlete, imo.

Can and does, based off personal preference. Eating more frequently or early in the morning can lead to feeling more hungry and eating more. Hormones matter.

kraack
10-16-2017, 01:32 AM
Can and does, based off personal preference. Eating more frequently or early in the morning can lead to feeling more hungry and eating more. Hormones matter.

That is how I see it, it is all down to personal preference of the individual.

I would like to know if I ate 2500 kcal in 3 meals I still had to eat every 2 hours?
The reasoning for my comment was in hopes the OP has not read online he HAS to eat every two hours.

Heisman2
10-16-2017, 01:50 AM

It is the opposite for me. If I do not eat breakfast I am really hungry until lunch, and it makes it harder for me to focus on my job in the morning. Another example of personal preference.

kraack
10-16-2017, 01:58 AM
It is the opposite for me. If I do not eat breakfast I am really hungry until lunch, and it makes it harder for me to focus on my job in the morning. Another example of personal preference.

If i eat anything within 2-4 hours of waking up, I feel sluggish and heavy.
Not a breakfast fan, never have been.

allrnder
10-16-2017, 02:12 AM
fun fact. Breakfast = break fast. Its the first meal of the day no matter when you eat it. :)

kraack
10-16-2017, 02:51 AM
fun fact. Breakfast = break fast. Its the first meal of the day no matter when you eat it. :)

Touche.