PDA

View Full Version : Christian McCaffrey

waytoodeep03
10-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Is this guy on the wrong team or what?

Ive never seen a team force feed the ball so much with zero results like the Panthers.

Was this a busted pick for them? I'm sure McCaffrey can be a stud but just not on this team.

Vhagar
10-12-2017, 09:08 PM
won't be long before he joins his rightful team in NE

Slamt
they have 4 wins and came down to the last drive in this one even tho they got outplayed. seems like they are getting results

whats wrong with him?

got 22pts in fantasy

CyberSheriff
He cant run in between the tackles. Reggie Bush 2.0

Swept
10-12-2017, 09:12 PM
I hated the pick he’s a glorified Woodhead.

IsLifeRealLife
10-12-2017, 09:13 PM
He needs to go to the Packers

XFactah416
10-12-2017, 09:14 PM
cam newton can't throw accurately

and mccaffery is best utilized in the flats. let jonathan stewart grind the tough yards.

wickedman
10-12-2017, 09:23 PM
He's good for them in the red zone and 2 minute drill - but he would be a god on the Patriots/Packers/Saints.

GolfPants
10-12-2017, 09:24 PM
The need to just make him a WR.

Twerk4it
10-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Future Patriot, always thought he was an awkward fit for Carolina in all seriousness.

Hardcore_D00d
10-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Jimmy G and CMC gonna be the next dynamic duo in a few years

Phobaphobia
10-13-2017, 02:29 AM
Inb4 Stephon Gilmore for McCaffrey

HughBMyron
10-13-2017, 02:45 AM
Cam can't throw a soft ball to him on the screen or flat. Cam is literally going to hinder him so hard. I said it the day he was drafted.

Very sad. Hopefully a strong offensive team with a good QB like the pats, packers or Falcons pick him up after Cam destroys him.

waytoodeep03
10-13-2017, 04:39 AM
they have 4 wins and came down to the last drive in this one even tho they got outplayed. seems like they are getting results

whats wrong with him?

got 22pts in fantasy

Nothing is wrong with him as an athlete. Everything is wrong with him on the panthers.

Panthers should've drafted cook, mixon or hunt

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 05:21 AM
He cant run in between the tackles. Reggie Bush 2.0

We have the 4th worst run block in the league. I'm not saying you are wrong, but it aint helping for shiit.

jonmcd46
10-13-2017, 05:22 AM
Jon stewart: 8 carries -4 yards
CMC: 4 carries 8 yards
Do you guys even watch the game?

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 05:27 AM
Jon stewart: 8 carries -4 yards
CMC: 4 carries 8 yards
Do you guys even watch the game?

This, honestly you gotta go into the annals of history to find a RB who can produce when he is on average getting contacted 3 yards behind the LOS.

Stewart's best game this szn was 68 yards

IMO CMC looks like a slot receiver. Whether or not he can run in the hashes I think remains to be seen.

72SwJxbOoQQ

HockeyBacon18
10-13-2017, 05:43 AM
worst team possible

Scam is gonna take most of the TDs RB rely on too inflate their numbers (1 and 2 yard goalline TDs) and Carolina lacks a strong Oline for him to run

He'll be a Patriot soon. New Edelman

VeganBrahh
10-13-2017, 07:28 AM
Nothing is wrong with him as an athlete. Everything is wrong with him on the panthers.

Panthers should've drafted cook, mixon or hunt

I wanted Derek Barnett this year lol. McCaffery is an amazing athlete but like everyone in this thread is saying, he isn't utilized correct. I think most of it has to do with Shula not Cam.

DefensiveEnd896
10-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Whiteboys never make good RBs. Panthers should have taken Kareem Hunt.

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 09:50 AM
Whiteboys never make good RBs. Panthers should have taken Kareem Hunt.

I'm training my 3 yo to play DB, we gon change the game. Not no nickle neither.

dyee4613
10-13-2017, 09:52 AM
I don't know why people are hating on him. He does so much for the offense.

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 09:55 AM

He was hyped like ricky williams in 1999.

http://rickywilliams.life/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/ditkadreds.jpg

JakeB27
10-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Not a knock on his athleticism, but he looks like a little kid out there who is too small to break tackles from players twice his size. WAY too small to be a running back. I own him in fantasy and I’m loving the volume, but he also doesn’t have much space to work with in Carolina. 10 catches should be a huge yardage day but he didn’t even crack 60.

captaincuck
10-13-2017, 10:05 AM
He is a bust.

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 10:08 AM
Not a knock on his athleticism, but he looks like a little kid out there who is too small to break tackles from players twice his size. WAY too small to be a running back.

he looks like a tiny baby. i just jock him because he is my exact stats, and smith was always my fav player growing up, #22.

https://i.imgur.com/qA1ayGr.jpg?1

On paper there are smaller successful running backs, but something about his body position just screams slot receiver. He does not accelerate into contact, he kind of squirts around.

DefensiveEnd896
10-13-2017, 10:09 AM
Not a knock on his athleticism, but he looks like a little kid out there who is too small to break tackles from players twice his size. WAY too small to be a running back. I own him in fantasy and I’m loving the volume, but he also doesn’t have much space to work with in Carolina. 10 catches should be a huge yardage day but he didn’t even crack 60.

This.

He gets tackled way too easy. Put a finger on him and the guy goes down.

GolfPants
10-13-2017, 10:10 AM

He was targeted 14 times which resulted in 56 yards lol. He's averaging 2.7 YPC on the season. That's horrible efficiency.

He is a talented and useful player but they definitely force feed him the ball more than he would seem to warrant, and his skillset does not seem to fit the panther offense very well.

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 10:15 AM
This.

He gets tackled way too easy. Put a finger on him and the guy goes down.

Him getting decked 1 on 1 at the 2 yard line on 3rd and goal from the 5 is all I need to see.

CobyWan
10-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Like others have alluded to I do think his ability to break tackles in the box is going to be an issue.

I don't recall the Panthers using him for the jet sweep last night. He should be used more in that role to keep the outside containment accountable. Then you still have the power run game on keepers with Cam and Stewart. Just lining him up out of the slot for short throws or screens is too predictable. He's not the same player as Reggie Bush but think about him in that role when they had Deuce McCallister in the backfield. The motion with Bush got the whole defense moving or at least keying in on him with their eyes.

wildchild11
10-13-2017, 10:28 AM
He's an rb who moonlights in the slot, should be vice versa

Swept
10-13-2017, 10:32 AM
Lmao the patriots never waste money or high draft picks on RBs. They don’t need Mccaffrey when they can get Lewis in free agency or White in the 7th round.

Mccaffrey is averaging 2.7 ypc, he makes Trent Richardson look like a beast. I don’t think he has broken a single tackle the entire season

dyee4613
10-13-2017, 10:56 AM
He was targeted 14 times which resulted in 56 yards lol. He's averaging 2.7 YPC on the season. That's horrible efficiency.

He is a talented and useful player but they definitely force feed him the ball more than he would seem to warrant, and his skillset does not seem to fit the panther offense very well.

This is silly. McCaffrey is averaging 6.2 receptions per game which is only comparable to Bell last year (6.3). The only other RB's with similar volume are Bell (6.3), David Johnson (5.0), and Riddick (5.3) before falling off a cliff with Bernard at 3.9. So, out of his 2016 comparables McCaffrey's 7.9 Y/R is comparable to Bell at 8.2, below DJ at 11, and above Riddick at 7. Considering that Bell, DJ, and Riddick are considered some of the best receiving backs in the game I don't think his efficiency is that insanely bad.

In terms of Y/C, his 2.7 is pitiful but in context I think it looks a bit better. Panther RBs:
Stewart - 3.9 last year, 2.9 this year
McCaffrey- N/A last year, 2.7 this year
Fozzy- 4.6 last year, 2.6 this year

The Panthers definitely force feed him the ball but that is an issue of playcalling and not a problem with McCaffrey specifically. The offense just isn't very good and they're using McCaffrey to fill the cracks. I don't see how anyone could watch the Panthers and not think he makes the offense notably better.

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 11:03 AM
The Panthers definitely force feed him the ball but that is an issue of playcalling and not a problem with McCaffrey specifically. The offense just isn't very good and they're using McCaffrey to fill the cracks. I don't see how anyone could watch the Panthers and not think he makes the offense notably better.

He's prob indirectly responsible for half of fozzy's yardage. Look how bad the LB's bite on the bubble screen.

Z4w2ff-IPS8

captaincuck
10-13-2017, 11:08 AM
This is silly. McCaffrey is averaging 6.2 receptions per game which is only comparable to Bell last year (6.3). The only other RB's with similar volume are Bell (6.3), David Johnson (5.0), and Riddick (5.3) before falling off a cliff with Bernard at 3.9. So, out of his 2016 comparables McCaffrey's 7.9 Y/R is comparable to Bell at 8.2, below DJ at 11, and above Riddick at 7. Considering that Bell, DJ, and Riddick are considered some of the best receiving backs in the game I don't think his efficiency is that insanely bad.

In terms of Y/C, his 2.7 is pitiful but in context I think it looks a bit better. Panther RBs:

Problem is he's not a receiving back. He's a hybrid of a Wide Receiver and a bottom twink so you really gotta expect more out of him in the receiving game bc he's never going to be a running back.

Consider these facts and where the Panthers drafted him, he's a total bust

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Problem is he's not a receiving back. He's a hybrid of a Wide Receiver and a bottom twink so you really gotta expect more out of him in the receiving game bc he's never going to be a running back.

A bust would be like 800 all purpose yards. He's at 500 right now. He might get injured next week. It's too soon to tell.

Swept
10-13-2017, 12:10 PM
A bust would be like 800 all purpose yards. He's at 500 right now. He might get injured next week. It's too soon to tell.

All purpose yards are overrated, that just means you get a lot of touches. Mccaffrey has 37 catches but still hasn’t cracked 300 yards receiving.

GolfPants
10-13-2017, 12:18 PM

Fair enough. I did not realize he had done that well prior to the 14 for 56. Whenever I had seen him prior he was falling down as soon as someone breathed on him.

With the exception of Riddick though, those other backs you mentioned are also excellent runners. And I think we can all agree a rich man's Theo Riddick is not worth the 8th overall pick lol.

DefensiveEnd896
10-13-2017, 12:55 PM

Stats can be overrated at times. Just use the eye test. McCaffrey is nothing special. He does not have blazing speed, can't break tackles and is not great at making ppl miss one-on-one. He will be an average RB at best.

IawI
10-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Where are the cucks who thought he was better than Lenny?

RAGEagainstHFCS
10-13-2017, 01:44 PM
He cant run in between the tackles. Reggie Bush 2.0This x1000!

He's a slower poverty man's Reggie Bush (who was the best college football player I've ever seen with my own 2 eyes).

Minus the Kardashian curse so I guess it evens out.

If he comes close to the same underachieving numbers Bush did he would have overachieved.

CyberSheriff
10-13-2017, 02:40 PM
We have the 4th worst run block in the league. I'm not saying you are wrong, but it aint helping for shiit.

Ive had this opinion of Mccaffrey since before the draft but I am curious what happened to your guys O line, weren't you one of the best ground and pound teams the SB year?

Swept
10-13-2017, 02:41 PM
Where are the cucks who thought he was better than Lenny?

LMAO Lenny Fournette what a name

HughBMyron
10-13-2017, 02:43 PM

Your football observations are some of the worst on this forum.

You've obviously have never played a snap of football in your life or you would be able to tell how unreal of a route runner Mcgoat is.

But you also said the saints would be unstoppable with AP so...

YesWayNoWeigh
10-13-2017, 02:50 PM
I'm training my 3 yo to play DB, we gon change the game. Not no nickle neither.jason seahorn 2.0

Peacenukka1129
10-13-2017, 03:07 PM
hes basically C.J. Spiller and will follow his footsteps

HughBMyron
10-13-2017, 03:26 PM
hes basically C.J. Spiller and will follow his footsteps

except he has more receiving yards in 6 games then CJ had in all but 1 season.

dyee4613
10-13-2017, 04:27 PM

Let's go through this point by point.

1) He's position flexible but is a receiving back for the bulk of the plays (as far as I can tell) so it's reasonable to call him a receiving back. I'm not sure why you'd call him a wideout when he spends far more time lined up at RB.

2) He hasn't had a lot of success running the football in a 6 game sample size where the entire team has struggled. It's insane to say he can't run the ball conventionally after 38 carries. He has shown he can run the ball at the collegic level. Stewart's numbers are just as bad and that's exaggerated because Stewart got gimme yards running against an exhausted 49ers team that McCaffrey also gashed when given a carry.

3) His numbers as a wideout are inferior? He is 2nd in the leauge in catches and 23rd in yards. He has 2 TD's but would have more if Newton was remotely competent in his first two games. How is that not good for a rookie?

Fair enough. I did not realize he had done that well prior to the 14 for 56. Whenever I had seen him prior he was falling down as soon as someone breathed on him.

With the exception of Riddick though, those other backs you mentioned are also excellent runners. And I think we can all agree a rich man's Theo Riddick is not worth the 8th overall pick lol.
Yeah, I agree completely. He has a lot of room for improvement but to come into the league and to be arguably the biggest part of a 4-2 team's offense is pretty impressive. Remember, Cam Newton was TRAAAAAAAASH the first two games. McCaffrey's numbers were definitely hurt because of it. I can see it might be questionable to draft someone that high when I don't see anything that jumps out aside from toughness/hands but he has been good.

Stats can be overrated at times. Just use the eye test. McCaffrey is nothing special. He does not have blazing speed, can't break tackles and is not great at making ppl miss one-on-one. He will be an average RB at best.
I'm not saying he's a worldbeater. I'm saying anyone who has seen him play would not call him a bust. Defensive coordinators consider him one of the primary threat and he gets a lot of attention as the video above shows.

Azrairc
10-13-2017, 06:45 PM
likely bust

most good RBs are good right away and they are only good as long as they're good.. I.e. todd gurly was good and he sucks already compared to his rookie season

Dnice85
10-13-2017, 06:48 PM
He needs to go to the Packers

No he doesnt! Should neg..but that's not nah style, fellow cheesehead

HughBMyron
10-13-2017, 06:49 PM
likely bust

most good RBs are good right away and they are only good as long as they're good.. I.e. todd gurly was good and he sucks already compared to his rookie season

wot?

he's having a statistically better season this season, then his rookie season.

he has 241 receiving yards already. rookie season..188..

lol. Does anyone actually watch football in this thread?

"Good running backs are only good as long as they're good"

waytoodeep03
10-13-2017, 07:07 PM
He does have good aethstetics going for him

http://media.tmz.com/2016/01/26/christian-mccaffrey-300x250.jpg

Jw9thwonder
10-13-2017, 07:35 PM
gadget player searching for a role in a qb run offence. i thought it was a super strange pic for carolina

cannonballdooky
10-13-2017, 09:48 PM
Exactly, Cam isn't an accurate short passer and seems like they are just wasting him with short dump passes for no yards. He's essentially a bootleg Duke Johnson.