PDA

View Full Version : The reason USA couldn't qualify for the biggest sports event in the world (world cup)

Trillical
10-11-2017, 04:53 PM
How come USA couldn't qualify for the biggest sports event in the world when they're one of the biggest sports nation in the world (football world cup)?

Before some people say stuff like "because soccer is a girly game." If its such a weak sport, then why is USA getting beaten by small Caribbean islands with populations of 1.3 million people? USA couldn't get 11 athletes out of the 300 million people to qualify for the biggest sporting event in the world?

Fuking embarrassing. Iceland who has 300, 000 population qualified for the world cup.

Let mW tell you why the USA can't compete in soccer. Because this is an actual competitive sport. In USA, most professional soccer athletes in the league get drafted from college division 1 teams. Most college division 1 players are rich suburban nerds who had enough money to attend the top schools in the country. A lot of these rich division 1 players were raised by soccer suburban moms who spend thousands to send them to soccer camps. This system denies a lot of poor kids the opportunity to excel in soccer in USA. So the USA national team is left with a very small pool of players who weren't trained properly, rich boys who don't know the true meaning of the sport. That's why they get hammered from third world countries. Simple as that.

A lot of Americans hate soccer because they think its a weak sport. What y'all don't realize is USA made it weak. The league is weak. The college system is weak. Real football (soccer) that's played throughout the world is challenging and requires the best athletes in the world.

USA needs to revamp their soccer system if they want to be viewed as a serious sports nation.

Some pics of comments from the official us soccer fb pages:

https://i.imgur.com/fzSA4wB.png

https://i.imgur.com/imYYCuU.png

Trillical
10-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Bump

Weaklifts1x1
10-11-2017, 05:06 PM
It's easier to make $100M in the NBA than it is in soccer. I don't know too many salaries, but given the option between playing a sport where I can make $100M and one than pays significantly less, I'd opt for the NBA. AAU essentially acts like the club system....it determines who makes the league and who doesn't.

Fang2
10-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Because soccer is basically every country except the US's passion. They love that sport more than you can imagine and start playing since they are a little kid.

DrFrasierCrane2
10-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Because soccer is basically every country except the US's passion. They love that sport more than you can imagine and start playing since they are a little kid.

Explain USA not being able to the World Baseball Classic with their MLB filled roster.....

dbluevette
10-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Its still a growing sport in the USA. Many schools here don't even have a soccer team. But nearly all schools have football, basketball, baseball teams.

Vhagar
10-11-2017, 05:10 PM
USA needs to revamp their soccer system if they want to be viewed as a serious sports nation.

As a US brah I think I speak for everyone when I say we're not concerned with the opinions lesser countries have of us.

Thanks but let the rest of the world have soccer. While we're at it, I wish the NFL would stop trying to push the itself on other countries. They don't deserve our sport and it's a disservice to our superior athletes to make them travel to the third world to play games.

Trillical
10-11-2017, 05:12 PM
It's easier to make $100M in the NBA than it is in soccer. I don't know too many salaries, but given the option between playing a sport where I can make $100M and one than pays significantly less, I'd opt for the NBA. AAU essentially acts like the club system....it determines who makes the league and who doesn't.

So you would choose which sport you want to play based on how much money you can make? Sounds like you aren't a sports fan at all tbh because first of all, not that many players in either NBA or soccer is making 100m. Its few of them and theyre most likely the top players. I'm sure soccer players at the highest level, considering NBA is the highest level of basketball, gets paid more than NBA players. At the end of the day, the salaries are just difficult to compare between the NBA and soccer since soccer is so huge with a larger and diverse demographic.

Trillical
10-11-2017, 05:15 PM
As a US brah I think I speak for everyone when I say we're not concerned with the opinions lesser countries have of us.

Thanks but let the rest of the world have soccer. While we're at it, I wish the NFL would stop trying to push the itself on other countries. They don't deserve our sport and it's a disservice to our superior athletes to make them travel to the third world to play games.

You sound arrogant. Get over yourself and quit ignoring reality. USA got embarrassed in the top sport in the universe by very small islands. They simply couldn't produce athletes to compete against some of the weakest opponents in international football. Its sad.

TaeBoNinja
No one cares at all.

jonmcd46
didnt read, but because no one gives a phuck about soccer compared to the big 4 sports in the US. If I'm a great athlete, I'm going to play football baseball or basketball, more glory and money. If I'm a great soccer player, I'd probably try to be a kicker for a football team, more money, more glory.
But I think you have a point, US athletes must suck, that why we get killed in the olympics every year

Weaklifts1x1
10-11-2017, 05:19 PM
So you would choose which sport you want to play based on how much money you can make? Sounds like you aren't a sports fan at all tbh because first of all, not that many players in either NBA or soccer is making 100m. Its few of them and theyre most likely the top players. I'm sure soccer players at the highest level, considering NBA is the highest level of basketball, gets paid more than NBA players. At the end of the day, the salaries are just difficult to compare between the NBA and soccer since soccer is so huge with a larger and diverse demographic.

I don't know how to explain it to you. When the people who are cool in your neighborhood play basketball/football, when the girls in HS sleep with guys who play basketball/football, etc. Why would you choose to discover a sport that's not available and you have to drive out into the suburbs to find? It isn't like there are soccer fields available everywhere.

Fuqdatass
10-11-2017, 05:19 PM

Lmao, real talk right here.

We don't compete in soccer for the sheer reason that WE DONT CARE TO.

Weaklifts1x1
10-11-2017, 05:21 PM
You sound arrogant. Get over yourself and quit ignoring reality. USA got embarrassed in the top sport in the universe by very small islands. They simply couldn't produce athletes to compete against some of the weakest opponents in international football. Its sad.

We probably also lose at chess, water polo, and a variety of other sports we don't care anything about. The fact soccer is popular elsewhere isn't important because Americans in general do not care about other countries.

Vhagar
10-11-2017, 05:21 PM

Because nobody cares

Are there professional teams in the USA? I don't even know, and I care only enough to continually campaign against soccer.

You, foreign bros, you all seem to think it's massive US cope, but I assure you the majority of Americans literally do not care. Consider how little the superbowl means to billions across the globe. That is Soccer in America. Sure there are probably plenty that follow the sport, some scattered fans. But it's beyond meaningless to most.

Trillical
10-11-2017, 05:22 PM
didnt read, but because no one gives a phuck about soccer compared to the big 4 sports in the US. If I'm a great athlete, I'm going to play football baseball or basketball, more glory and money. If I'm a great soccer player, I'd probably try to be a kicker for a football team, more money, more glory.
But I think you have a point, US athletes must suck, that why we get killed in the olympics every year.

See thats the thing for you guys. Money this money that. Just greed. In football (soccer), its more than just money. Not to mention, you freaking make more money in soccer than any other USA sport. Obviously that's if you make it overseas. Don't even mention the glory and fame. As a us athlete, you literally have to be like Michael Jordan to even compete with the glory and fame that soccer players overseas have.

martin545
10-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Soccer is the GOAT sport

for women and children

BullittEV
10-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Do you really care that much what we think of you? This is pretty bad psychological butthurt you are receiving.

Soccer is by far the cheapest sport to play, therefor every country on the planet plays it= creating a much bigger talent pool. in the US, it's a lot easier to play the more expensive sports so that's what most people end up doing. Americans like contact sports and not one where people are pretending to be injured to get a free kick.

Sorry bro, no one cares what you think. srs.

guest89
10-11-2017, 05:25 PM
K.

AqYsRxn5AHc

Trillical
10-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Because nobody cares

Are there professional teams in the USA? I don't even know, and I care only enough to continually campaign against soccer.

You, foreign bros, you all seem to think it's massive US cope, but I assure you the majority of Americans literally do not care. Consider how little the superbowl means to billions across the globe. That is Soccer in America. Sure there are probably plenty that follow the sport, some scattered fans. But it's beyond meaningless to most.

Keep lying to yourself. The most viewed sports game next year by Americans in USA will be the world cup final. Every summer in USA, soccer clubs from overseas travel to USA to play friendlies and other small competitions. Those games sell out and literally break attendance and view records. Yes right there in USA it is happening. So ya keep living I denial.

At the end of the day, the great sports nation USA couldn't produce USA athletes who are good enough to qualify the nation to the greatest sports event in human history. USA got beat by a small island who's players were cramping up half way through the match.

Trillical
10-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Do you really care that much what we think of you? This is pretty bad psychological butthurt you are receiving.

Soccer is by far the cheapest sport to play, therefor every country on the planet plays it= creating a much bigger talent pool. in the US, it's a lot easier to play the more expensive sports so that's what most people end up doing. Americans like contact sports and not one where people are pretending to be injured to get a free kick.

Sorry bro, no one cares what you think. srs.

Ironically, its more expensive to play soccer than any other sport in USA.

Blueblob
10-11-2017, 05:30 PM

See thats the thing for you guys. Money this money that. Just greed. In football (soccer), its more than just money. Not to mention, you freaking make more money in soccer than any other USA sport. Obviously that's if you make it overseas. Don't even mention the glory and fame. As a us athlete, you literally have to be like Michael Jordan to even compete with the glory and fame that soccer players overseas have.
But why the fook would someone want to leave the greatest country on Earth to make money, when they can make money here?

Vhagar
10-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Keep lying to yourself. The most viewed sports game next year by Americans in USA will be the world cup final. Every summer in USA, soccer clubs from overseas travel to USA to play friendlies and other small competitions. Those games sell out and literally break attendance and view records. Yes right there in USA it is happening. So ya keep living I denial.

At the end of the day, the great sports nation USA couldn't produce USA athletes who are good enough to qualify the nation to the greatest sports event in human history. USA got beat by a small island who's players were cramping up half way through the match.

lol keep projecting

Sorry we don't care about a "sport" that is apparently your entire life.

Vhagar
10-11-2017, 05:33 PM

did your mother unsuccessfully try and drown you as a child?

DrFrasierCrane2
10-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Why is Vhagar so mad though? He's in every soccer related thread on the misc chiming in about how he doesn't care

Trillical
10-11-2017, 05:34 PM
But why the fook would someone want to leave the greatest country on Earth to make money, when they can make money here?

So making KT professionally in sports is all about money? Lmao say thank god the rest of the world don't play baseball, basketball, or American football. Because trust me, other nations don't play for the money. Soccer is life in a lot of nations. Its sporting to the extreme. Sporting that takes the human mind and body to great extents. Its not just a money thing.

HughBMyron
10-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Soccer is a poor persons sport

America is globally not poor.

???

Trillical
10-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Why is Vhagar so mad though? He's in every soccer related thread on the misc chiming in about how he doesn't care

He's delusional.

TurkBrah
10-11-2017, 05:36 PM
You are 100% on point OP. True talent never make it to the top because they lack resources.

Vhagar
10-11-2017, 05:37 PM

Soccer infesting the USA makes me mad

I'm fighting the good fight

KhumatMibra
10-11-2017, 05:37 PM
This is why we don't play soccer actually, Hank Hill knows
FZaGWGAMjus

HughBMyron
10-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Lmao what kind of fooking chit are you spewing.

Soccer is by no means an expensive sport and it is for sure not even remotely close to as expensive as Football or Hockey for youth.

All you need is a ball and cleats...

Hockey gear changes literally every year for youth as they grow. Ice time renting is fooking expensive.

lmao.

Malversation
Considering all of our real athletes go into football, basketball and then baseball I'm surprised that people are *shocked* that we didn't qualify.
I don't even know if we've a professional soccer league ffs.

Weaklifts1x1
So making KT professionally in sports is all about money? Lmao say thank god the rest of the world don't play baseball, basketball, or American football. Because trust me, other nations don't play for the money. Soccer is life in a lot of nations. Its sporting to the extreme. Sporting that takes the human mind and body to great extents. Its not just a money thing.

It's not here. Making money is. Yes, the US lost to a bunch of islanders. We are the worst at soccer. You win, we lose.

But at the end of the day, more Americans could name a supreme court judge before they could name one professional soccer player.

Blueblob
10-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Can't argue that m8

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcnzWmq70t1oJ8I/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/7eTlUIpA0nf32/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/QPyFEbMidlc9W/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/8nGaWXXNHNMVG/giphy.gif
jk
https://media.giphy.com/media/CoDp6NnSmItoY/giphy.gif

Weaklifts1x1
10-11-2017, 05:40 PM

Soccer is by no means an expensive sport and it is for sure not even remotely close to as expensive as Football or Hockey for youth.

Hockey gear changes literally every year for youth as they grow. Ice time renting is fooking expensive.

lmao.

TIL: Land is free

DrFrasierCrane2
10-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Considering all of our real athletes go into football, basketball and then baseball I'm surprised that people are *shocked* that we didn't qualify.

How many times has USA won the World Baseball Classic with all of its MLB players?

HughBMyron
10-11-2017, 05:42 PM
TIL: Land is free

Explain to me how renting a field of grass is more expensive then a sheet of ice?

Even in northern climates of the US, Soccer is still by far cheaper.

http://time.com/4913284/kids-sports-cost/

Lacrosse
Average: $7,956
Maximum: $17,500
Hockey
Average: $7,013
Maximum: $19,000
Baseball/Softball
Average: $4,044
Maximum: $9,900
Football
Average: $2,739
Maximum: $9,500
Soccer
Average: $1,472
Maximum: $5,500
Basketball
Average: $1,143
Maximum: $5,150

ethered.

Malversation
10-11-2017, 05:47 PM
How many times has USA won the World Baseball Classic with all of its MLB players?
-It started in 06
-We just won the WBC

Weaklifts1x1
10-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Explain to me how renting a field of grass is more expensive then a sheet of ice?

Even in northern climates of the US, Soccer is still by far cheaper.

http://time.com/4913284/kids-sports-cost/

Lacrosse
Average: $7,956
Maximum: $17,500
Hockey
Average: $7,013
Maximum: $19,000
Baseball/Softball
Average: $4,044
Maximum: $9,900
Football
Average: $2,739
Maximum: $9,500
Soccer
Average: $1,472
Maximum: $5,500
Basketball
Average: $1,143
Maximum: $5,150

ethered.

You are talking about cost...not who pays. Shoe companies pay for AAU. Rich white dudes pay for football. Parents pay for soccer, lacross, hockey.

So sports that are subsidized by the rich, we dominate. Sports where you pay your own way, we don't.

metallicide
10-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Just popped in to say Americans dont give a ****... pointless thread..

supersystem3
10-11-2017, 05:53 PM
The USA doesn't field a great national soccer team?!?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/idc1.gif

nm1891
10-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Is a non contact sport even really a sport though?

DukeWang
10-11-2017, 06:00 PM
But I think you have a point, US athletes must suck, that why we get killed in the olympics every year

My choice would be NFL, but there's more money and arguably more glory in soccer - if you're good you're playing in the European leagues, and getting paid more than for playing NFL in the US. Every 4 years you get the chance to become world champs for your country in the biggest event for the biggest sport on Earth. Still, a lot of that glory is lost taking a dive to get a free kick...

dbluevette
10-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Reality is, here in the USA, soccer is not a high profile sport (relatively speaking). I understand that in nearly every other civilized country in the world soccer is huge. But America just doesn't care. We love our own sports. Look at Mexico for example. Their soccer team is probably better than ours. But Mexico can't even compete with us at the sports that matter here in the USA (football, basketball etc..). When I heard the US team didn't make it to the world cup, I was like "who cares, its only soccer?" And my attitude about soccer is probably in line with the majority of Americans.

sumusikoo
10-11-2017, 06:10 PM

You send 2 to 3x more athletes than most countries, hell, even China has like 1/4th of the world population or some **** and they still sent -150 athletes than the USA did.

All the medals you get are from a handful of athletes at best out of all the 600 you send

DoctorKazama
Nobody in the US gives a fuk about soccer. I think I played soccer like maybe twice growing up...

freeburn
Soccer cost my parents a fortune when I was kid. Played on 3 teams. Aside from just the fees for soccer itself... You had the cost of travel tourneys an almost bi-weekly schedule. This was playing at the most elite level youth soccer can play at. Nearly everyone on my team was from a rich family and the town I played and won state cup with was a rich ass town.

In USA it really is the rich man's sport.

HughBMyron
10-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Soccer cost my parents a fortune when I was kid. Played on 3 teams. Aside from just the fees for soccer itself... You had the cost of travel tourneys an almost bi-weekly schedule. This was playing at the most elite level youth soccer can play at. Nearly everyone on my team was from a rich family and the town I played and won state cup with was a rich ass town.

The same thing for Hockey would have cost your parents 3x as much.

dbluevette
10-11-2017, 06:13 PM

This is true. Much money is spent on behalf of traveling to other areas for soccer tourneys. Its for a select few only because of its lack of popularity here in the USA.

iabs
10-11-2017, 06:16 PM

So, it's easier to be born 6'4"+ than it is to develop pro-football (soccer) skills?

Well, actually, yeah it kinda is.

The op, nailed the issue on the head, the soccer system in the US is beyond retarded and misses on a huge huge talent pool that have no intention of attending college or poor families that have no means to make it possible for them.

sumusikoo
10-11-2017, 06:20 PM
All I see is cope cope cope

I understand that Americans love their sports and all but I'd be embarassed if I lived in one of the most powerful countries in the world with over 300M people and my country couldn't even qualify for the most important and most popular sport in the world

nm1891
10-11-2017, 06:20 PM
You send 2 to 3x more athletes than most countries, hell, even China has like 1/4th of the world population or some **** and they still sent -150 athletes than the USA did.

All the medals you get are from a handful of athletes at best out of all the 600 you send

So much cope. Usa has the beat athletes and training programs on the planet, bar none. Find me a 6'4 280 pound man with a 4.6 40 and 42" vertical and reps 225 30+ times benching like Myles Garrett in any other country and get back to me.

iabs
10-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Is a non contact sport even really a sport though?

Upo8BxE2uI4

zOf8NEsF9UI

k30uIMpy2uY

https://i.imgur.com/3ZmBcWy.gif

sumusikoo
10-11-2017, 06:24 PM
So much cope. Usa has the beat athletes and training programs on the planet, bar none. Find me a 6'4 280 pound man with a 4.6 40 and 42" vertical like Myles Garrett in any other country and get back to me.

No sport outside the USA requires anyone to be that tall & heavy so why would any other country try to get one of their elite athletes to be such a monster?

Just look at Messi dude is a legit manlet and he's still Top 1 / Top 2 best soccer player in the world, why would he need to be 7'0 tall and have 400lbs of muscle?

IMathew
10-11-2017, 06:24 PM
fire sunil gulati

Trillical
10-11-2017, 06:26 PM

If you didnt know that there is a professional soccer league in USA, then most likely you don't watch sports at all. The MLS always pop up on popular sports network in USA like fox, espn, etc.

lmao.

Its cheap to play for fun but expensive to play in a team (in USA that is). Not going to explain it to you as I already did in the OP post. Shut up if you can't read the OP and then try to make a point.

supersystem3
10-11-2017, 06:29 PM

I understand that Americans love their sports and all but I'd be embarassed if I lived in one of the most powerful countries in the world with over 300M people and my country couldn't even qualify for the most important and most popular sport in the world

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mjl.gif

McAngus
10-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Not sure why the conversation is about if soccer itself is a good sport or not. The point of this thread was to show that soccer is really the only major sport where it literally costs money to play. You can go through middle school football all the way to the NFL without putting up much money. Soccer you literally have to pay to be part of a league that matters. Doesn't make sense, not sure why it developed that way.

sumusikoo
10-11-2017, 06:31 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mjl.gif

If you can't even agree that the most popular sport in the whole world isn't the most important sport then cope cope cope

Trillical
10-11-2017, 06:32 PM

THANK YOU. Finally someone with experience knows the reality of sports in USA. People think the case with Soccer in USA is because Soccer is a poor mans sport and USA is rich. For fuk sakes, a lot of the athletes in NBA and NFL came from the poor life. Youth Soccer is expensive and it's holding back the growth of the sport.

SuperMariBro
10-11-2017, 06:48 PM
"Op no one in the US cares"

"Soccer is a poor country's game"

"Soccer is for girls"

"<insert flop youtube video> harr darr"

"Do we even have a professional league? I'm so edgy I don't even know LMAO LOLOL"

Sorry US brahs, no one buys this chit anymore.

Suck it up. You got merked by Trinidad and fukin tobagan

Groce
10-11-2017, 07:21 PM
You are 100% on point OP. True talent never make it to the top because they lack resources.There's this and the fact that american sports favour extreme body dimensions. If Messi was born in the USA there's a good chance he'd never have even tried to play at a serious level so you'd never have heard of him and he'd be stacking shelves in best buy right now.

Trillical
10-11-2017, 07:37 PM
There's this and the fact that american sports favour extreme body dimensions. If Messi was born in the USA there's a good chance he'd never have even tried to play at a serious level so you'd never have heard of him and he'd be stacking shelves in best buy right now.

That's cos the sport is more than just "body" and "genetics." It's a true sport that involves more than just physique.

People fail to realize that not only the U.S. can produce 6'4" 240 lbs athletes. The U.S. demographics is no different from many other nations where the black people are from West Africa and the Whites are from different parts of Europe. It's literally the sporting that's embedded in the culture. Clearly U.S. doesnt have a really strong sporting culture, which is why many ppl in this thread said that they will choose to play a sport based on how much money they make.

You literally have to be smart to be a great football. Like mentally smart. Not just being tall or being fat.

alphagorilla
10-11-2017, 07:45 PM

"Soccer is for girls"

"Do we even have a professional league? I'm so edgy I don't even know LMAO LOLOL"

Lol this

The cope is so strong, it's like how other countries have better mma fighters too. Bet you don't care either or parents you don't even know what mma is

Malversation
10-11-2017, 07:47 PM

"Soccer is for girls"

Or you care about the sport way more than Americans do. As evident by our best athletes not going into soccer.
Case in point: my HS didn't even have soccer as a sport. The money went to our baseball, basketball, and football teams.

sumusikoo
10-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Lol this

The cope is so strong, it's like how other countries have better mma fighters too. Bet you don't care either or parents you don't even know what mma is

I mean MMA isn't even a recent sport right? I mean MMA is the most popular sport in the world, hell it's 100x more popular than soccer.

It's like saying why is US the best at American Football or the best at Baseball

Well... You're literally the only country in the world that plays them

Kansas123
10-11-2017, 08:00 PM
I explain why op is a phuking idiot.
1. Our athletes play popular sports in the US. If people like Lebron and other star athletes had been playing soccer since they were 2 months old they’d make great soccer athletes.

2. How many people did you go to high school with that played soccer? None of the real athletes did. (Generalization of course)

3. Why the phuck do you think other countries are garbage at basketball and such? Because nobody phucking plays it there.

Jesus Christ I don’t get why this is so hard for idiots to comprehend.

Trillical
10-11-2017, 08:03 PM
1. Our athletes play popular sports in the US. If people like Lebron and other star athletes had been playing soccer since they were 2 months old they’d make great soccer athletes.

2. How many people did you go to high school with that played soccer? None of the real athletes did. (Generalization of course)

3. Why the phuck do you think other countries are garbage at basketball and such? Because nobody phucking plays it there.

Jesus Christ I don’t get why this is so hard for idiots to comprehend.

No he wouldn't. It's extremely rare to have a top soccer play who is 6'8. Being that tall, your lanky ass would get circles ran around you.

Groce
10-11-2017, 08:11 PM

WRONG. Lebron is 6'8'', terrible build for soccer. Not to mention we have no idea if he has the innate skill ability (first touch, passing, crossing, dribbling etc), this chit is god gifted and no amount of athleticism will help you if you're not born with it, Soccer is HIGHLY skill based. You can't just take a great athlete from one sport and expect him to be great in another, especially one that requires a vastly different skill set and completely different type of athleticism and body dimension, it doesn't work that way boyo.

harmsxwhey
10-11-2017, 08:15 PM
No one cares at all.

Came to post this. The US not making the World Cup has only affected my life in that I now have to deal with gay threads like this one.

Reliance012
10-11-2017, 08:17 PM
If soccer was taken seriously in the US, we’d dominate it and the rest of the world would resort to cricket or something else. They should be thankful we don’t care.

Trillical
10-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Came to post this. The US not making the World Cup has only affected my life in that I now have to deal with gay threads like this one.

Keep coping.

If soccer was taken seriously in the US, we’d dominate it and the rest of the world would resort to cricket or something else. They should be thankful we don’t care.

But we don't. So...all you can do is cope.

harmsxwhey
10-11-2017, 08:19 PM
I don't think that word means what you think it means. But keep rambling on because your sports team sucks.

Reliance012
10-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Keep coping.

But we don't. So...all you can do is cope.

Cope... about soccer...LMAO

Kansas123
10-11-2017, 08:28 PM
No he wouldn't. It's extremely rare to have a top soccer play who is 6'8. Being that tall, your lanky ass would get circles ran around you.

Okay pick any of the other 1000s of athletes instead of nit picking one example

Trillical
10-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Okay pick any of the other 1000s of athletes instead of nit picking one example

You're the one who said lebron...not me.

Slamt
10-11-2017, 08:37 PM

A finals game that gets televised once every 4 years will get more views. *shocking*

every 4 years the people in the US pretend they give a **** about soccer for a little while but they're not even in it this year so let's see.

soccer is growing in the US, know a lot of people in seattle and portland that love MLS, but for the most part nobody really cares.

4everalone
10-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Only reason USA almost always qualifies is because the Northern American qualification is easy as fuk & a huge joke. 10 times harder to qualify for European & South American teams. Argentina were extremely close to not qualifying & they have some of the greatest players on earth including Messi...

The US would obviously be the best team by far If soccer was as big as the other big sports in America. The US has a very strong sports culture compared to most countries. High school sports is not common in most countries!

Fuqdatass
10-11-2017, 08:42 PM

Non us brahs will latch onto literally ANYTHING to COPE and make threads about.

"Oh if the USA is so great how come you don't lead the world in curling?"

Cucks gonna sit there cucking and coping. OP sounds like he needs to slapped across the face with some freedom to remind him who his overlord is. Don't make us shorten your leash, bitch

SuperMariBro
10-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Cope... about soccer...LMAO

LMAO!!!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!

lol

iabs
10-11-2017, 09:29 PM
So much cope. Usa has the beat athletes and training programs on the planet, bar none. Find me a 6'4 280 pound man with a 4.6 40 and 42" vertical and reps 225 30+ times benching like Myles Garrett in any other country and get back to me.

It's ok if your thing is watching big black men wrestle each other for a ball that resembles a dick.

Nothing wrong with that, bud.

Vhagar
10-11-2017, 09:46 PM
It's ok if your thing is watching big black men wrestle each other for a ball that resembles a dick.

Nothing wrong with that, bud.

Are you unfamiliar with what a dick looks like?

Is your downstairs smooth like Ken?

Trillical
10-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Are you unfamiliar with what a dick looks like?

Is your downstairs smooth like Ken?

u must talk about cock a lot considering u got "no homo" under your name

Casca
10-11-2017, 09:50 PM
OP, I grew up not only not caring about soccer at all, but mostly not even being aware of soccer at all. That's a thing? Oh, ok. Who cares.

Vhagar
10-11-2017, 09:50 PM
u must talk about cock a lot considering u got "no homo" under your name

Don't be mad that your world leaders don't worship soccer

yabbayabba
10-11-2017, 10:09 PM
I'll watch a San Jose Quakes game if one happens to be on one of the California sports channels. But I was barely even aware that World Cup qualifiers were even going on right now. If it hadn't popup in my Facebook trending feed I probably wouldn't know about it at all. Though I'm going to have a big party for the final game of the next year's World Cup. But much like my 2014 party, people are going to be there for the free food and alcohol. Game is just going to be some background noise. Sorry, OP.

SuperMariBro
10-11-2017, 10:26 PM
OP, I grew up not only not caring about soccer at all, but mostly not even being aware of soccer at all. That's a thing? Oh, ok. Who cares.

So alpha....so edgy. Damn son.

TheJediBrah
10-11-2017, 10:35 PM
lol OP not sure if srs

It's not that complicated, it's because USA largely doesn't care about soccer. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

The reason they're getting beaten by smaller countries is because those smaller countries do care about soccer. A lot.

It's not rocket science

nebraskman1
10-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Lol, it's ok to admit nobody gives a fuk about your fav sport. . Hockey is my favorite sport by far. I played it from 5yo-high school. I realize most of America doesn't give a fuk about it.

Although it's a two way street. I find it absolutely cringy as fuk during the World Cup when fellow Americans act like they've cared about soccer their entire life. Although I think it's trying to be patriotic more than anything.

Future24
10-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Okay pick any of the other 1000s of athletes instead of nit picking one exampleYeah thats why West African athletes dominate soccer. Their athleticism is all they need to be good. They have the most players in the Premier League and La Liga out of another other region. Soccer truly is only about athleticism.

US_Ranger
10-11-2017, 11:24 PM

The entire world watches the World Cup.

When I was in Africa, middle of fcking nowhere during one of the world cups, they had a shortwave radio listening to the game while I was out on patrol looking for poachers. We sat by the fire at night (me and 6 African game scouts) listening to World Cup soccer highlights.

The entire world is on board except for one single country...the US.

The arrogance in this thread is absolutely amazing. You guys must be some insecure phaggots.

tekkenbruh
10-12-2017, 03:30 AM

If you think there's more money to be made by players in NFL than there is in top football leagues like La Liga or PL, I got news for you son. You have to be Brady level to earn half as much as top football players make

ExPatriot
10-12-2017, 04:13 AM
Deja vu all over again...

Congrats T&T!

ExPatriot
10-12-2017, 04:15 AM
If you think there's more money to be made by players in NFL than there is in top football leagues like La Liga or PL, I got news for you son. You have to be Brady level to earn half as much as top football players make

http://www.businessinsider.com/sports-leagues-top-salaries-2015-5

Sinan09400
10-12-2017, 04:22 AM
Truth.

John$Galt
10-12-2017, 04:32 AM
you're probably right OP. I grew up in miami playing competitively on club teams, state tournaments, etc. THOSE kids have fukking heart man. I used to love it. only half the kids spoke fluent english. soccer was life. parents/families having huge parties around tournaments and practices. short passes, advance up the field, real teamwork. then I moved to CT and completely lost interest. blast the ball down the field, let the forwards fight for it, maybe score once in a while. what a fukking terrible way to play soccer. plus lots of politics. in miami, it was 95% merit-based (still some politics).

that said, soccer is a poverty sport, so no one here cares.

TokenV
10-12-2017, 04:36 AM
Yeah thats why West African athletes dominate soccer. Their athleticism is all they need to be good. They have the most players in the Premier League and La Liga out of another other region. Soccer truly is only about athleticism.

w0t

http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/FA_Premier_League_2017-2018/stats/nationalities/

http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/La_Liga_2017-2018/Stats/Nationalities/

Criollo
10-12-2017, 04:40 AM

I would actually like to see a world football league. would be nice to see how our country stacks up. we would probably dominate because no one outside of the U.S seems to give a chit about football but if that were different I wonder how well we would hold up

potbellymadar
10-12-2017, 04:40 AM
It's too bad. I mean I hobed we would of made it. Didn't even know the game was on. To be honost only geeks played soccer in high school

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 05:09 AM

"Soccer is for girls"

I kept my mouth shut long enough in these stupid soccer threads.

It's not a game for men. It's a game for girls and cowards. Small slow weak twinks.

Men play football basketball baseball hockey track golf tennis combat spirts.

Soccer is essentially a twinks chorus line.

Nobody cares about that pussy schit.

thigoonar
10-12-2017, 05:14 AM
LOL @ Americans that are rustled because the USA are losers!

Trinidad & Tobago?? REALLY?! LOL!

https://68.media.tumblr.com/d7dc3c6cc0fe4adebf8bea518060410c/tumblr_oe56ex0yeG1uf66jto1_500.jpg

thigoonar
10-12-2017, 05:24 AM

It's not a game for men. It's a game for girls and cowards. Small slow weak twinks.

https://i.imgur.com/Uyzdxlu.gif

Football is BY FAR the #1 sport in the world! And I'm not referring to handegg!

boxer1234
10-12-2017, 05:29 AM
Im a brit and couldnt care less about soccer, so why would an american whos not exposed to the sport care?
They have other sports we dont generally play ie basketball, ice hockey etc

yoxnick
10-12-2017, 05:31 AM

He's like the undercover phaggot that chit talks phaggots cause he scared to show his true colors to his non phaggot friends. Probably a chit sounders fan lmao

Vhagar
10-12-2017, 05:34 AM
The arrogance in this thread is absolutely amazing. You guys must be some insecure phaggots.
Surely you're referring to the guys who are desperate for us to care about their sport.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 05:35 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Uyzdxlu.gif

Football is BY FAR the #1 sport in the world! And I'm not referring to handegg!

That's because there are very few men in the rest of the world.

It's why we constantly have to save you.

phaginator
10-12-2017, 05:39 AM

LMFAO, american football is a sport for phaggots with their bs padding atleast play the superior and real version, it's called rugby.

Baseball and basketball are just as "manly" as real football.

And how brain dead do you need to be to watch garbage like the nfl?

https://statics.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/nfl-breakup.jpg

Jax05
10-12-2017, 05:39 AM

not sure if you're stupid or retarded lol

you can't just opt to play one and not the other.

BRB Messi quits soccer and plays under NBA lol

that article in the OP isn't wrong, to be honest, just look at the stories of typical soccer players...it's always some kid from the streets of Brazil, Mexico, some country in Africa, etc.

maybe this will be a wake up call to US

phaginator
10-12-2017, 05:41 AM
"Bu..bu..buu..we play maaaanly sports!"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AVyWaQ5xef0/UJ2W8SU8UyI/AAAAAAAAMLw/nnv-Do8jXPA/s1600/Rugby+vs+American+Football.jpg

Benji Snap
10-12-2017, 05:42 AM
If it wasn't for all the European's posting that America didn't qualify for the world cup then 98% of American miscers wouldn't even know that they failed to qualify for the world cup or were even trying to qualify. They just don't care about soccer.

phaginator
10-12-2017, 05:45 AM
If it wasn't for all the European's posting that America didn't qualify for the world cup then 98% of American miscers wouldn't even know that they failed to qualify for the world cup or were even trying to qualify. They just don't care about soccer.

Doesn't matter that they care or not, 7+billion people care and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at the fact a self-proclaimed "best country in the world" of 300mil has been beaten in a so called "sissy" sport by trinidad and fckin tobago. So manly yet they can't win at sissy sports...

No matter how they try to spin it, this is humiliation.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 05:48 AM
LMFAO, american football is a sport for phaggots with their bs padding atleast play the superior and real version, it's called rugby.

Baseball and basketball are just as "manly" as real football.

And how brain dead do you need to be to watch garbage like the nfl?

https://statics.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/nfl-breakup.jpg

Pads? Lol it's because it's the most dangerous and lethal sport in the world.

People die playing football. When your 7 and put on your pads for the first time they tell you. You could die or be paralyzed out here.

This isn't soccer where someone sneezes and another player acts like an A-bomb goes off.

The collisions at the college level and up are equal to a 35 mph car crash.

Over and over and over.

Soccer players don't have that kind of courage.

Groce
10-12-2017, 05:49 AM
lol OP not sure if srs

It's not that complicated, it's because USA largely doesn't care about soccer. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

The reason they're getting beaten by smaller countries is because those smaller countries do care about soccer. A lot.

It's not rocket scienceYou lost to Trinidad and ****ing Tobago who don't care about soccer either, their main sport is cricket, they have a population of 1.3 million and are a third world country. There is truly no excuse here.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 05:52 AM
Doesn't matter that they care or not, 7+billion people care and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at the fact a self-proclaimed "best country in the world" of 300mil has been beaten in a so called "sissy" sport by trinidad and fckin tobago. So manly yet they can't win at sissy sports...

No matter how they try to spin it, this is humiliation.

Do you crossdress? Does your woman put you in a chastity cage and only let your peepee out once a month?

No?

Well for an American man to play soccer it's the equivalent of being locked in a chastity cage.

Just not something a man will do.

thigoonar
10-12-2017, 05:53 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBR0FmCXcAAaAJP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mVnQc.gif

Jax05
10-12-2017, 05:54 AM
Soccer players don't have that kind of courage.

what a stupid argument lol
brb soccer players have no courage to crash at 35mph...in a sport where there's no contact allowed

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 05:59 AM
what a stupid argument lol
brb soccer players have no courage to crash at 35mph...in a sport where there's no contact allowed

Of course contact isn't allowed. Their bodies would explode into a million pieces.

But the argument I was making is there isn't a minor league soccer player in the world brave enough to go thru one week of fall camp at the college level in football.

Even if they got two or three weeks of individual fubdementals before hand.

Lord_Lemon
10-12-2017, 06:04 AM
We have a soccer team?

MajesticLion
10-12-2017, 06:05 AM
When money is your god, all manner of folly is possible.

TokenV
10-12-2017, 06:14 AM
Of course contact isn't allowed. Their bodies would explode into a million pieces.

Football/soccer IS a contact sport though...

iabs
10-12-2017, 06:31 AM

Brah....please, stop. You're 47, stap it.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 06:36 AM
Brah....please, stop. You're 47, stap it.

Don't come on here and talk about pussy ass scoccer. Nobody cares.

It's for girls. Seriously. Look how small and twinkish the players are.

Keep all the soccer in sports misc.

Belome
10-12-2017, 06:52 AM
Didn't even know there was a qualifying game until I visited the forum to see

" Americans suck at soccer" threads

I'm sure it's never been said, and I'm bringing a new idea to the forum, but Americans don't care.

lsiberian
10-12-2017, 07:04 AM
They simply choked. It happens to the best soccer playing nations. We had our best team ever only a couple years ago, but now we are in a major lull again.

iabs
10-12-2017, 07:30 AM

You must be another closet homo who loves watching big muscular dudes tackle each other in between watching 400 commercials.

Whatever rocks your boat, tough guy.

WestAfrica
10-12-2017, 07:55 AM
Oh man why is Leo in here lmao.

It blows my mind how people say that we don’t care about soccer. If 5% of Americans cared about soccer that would still be over 15m people. And of those 15m people we can’t field a team capable of beating Trini and Tobagel...

Every time prior to the WC or Olympics or major event everyone is riled up talking anout how far could the US go. When the US actually plays ppl take off work to watch the games, bars are full on a Tuesday morning at 10am, workplaces have the tv on so people can watch the games at work. But when the US doesn’t make it everyone goes full retard, you can’t uncare about something that you still care about.

“WE DONT CARE ABOUT SOCCER!!!”

Even if you don’t care about a sport there should be enough people in a pop. of 330m to qualify for the WC in the NA qualifications. I mean if you can’t come in first in a division with Canada, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and these other small ass nations then smh.

Its actually funny how a year ago we were all talking about how far we would go in the tourney and now we aren’t even in lmao.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 08:03 AM

It blows my mind how people say that we don’t care about soccer. If 5% of Americans cared about soccer that would still be over 15m people. And of those 15m people we can’t field a team capable of beating Trini and Tobagel...

Every time prior to the WC or Olympics or major event everyone is riled up talking anout how far could the US go. When the US actually plays ppl take off work to watch the games, bars are full on a Tuesday morning at 10am, workplaces have the tv on so people can watch the games at work. But when the US doesn’t make it everyone goes full retard, you can’t uncare about something that you still care about.

Even if you don’t care about a sport there should be enough people in a pop. of 330m to qualify for the WC in the NA qualifications. I mean if you can’t come in first in a division with Canada, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and these other small ass nations then smh.

Its actually funny how a year ago we were all talking about how far we would go in the tourney and now we aren’t even in lmao.

Nobody talks about it.

But I saw you're in California.

You're in the land of pussies and liberals just like the phaggot that said Oregon and Washington State.

The poulation of masculine men in those three states totals.. 231,296

YoungMetro24
10-12-2017, 08:10 AM

I certainly don't care about soccer and this news doesn't affect my life one bit. You mad?

Metz00
10-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Based on what people praise the NFL here for, they might find that this fulfills all the requirements to be interesting and "manly" as well:

lUvEZK24JW4

potbellymadar
10-12-2017, 08:15 AM

It's why we constantly have to save you.I salute you. But our days are done

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 08:17 AM
Yes Sumo is awesome! I'll stop and watch every day of a multi day Sumo event.

If my son was Stupid enough to play HS soccur and his team made the state championship I wouldn't attend. Nor any of his other games or practices.

Soccer is not for men.

JmanTheJuiceman
10-12-2017, 08:24 AM

I'd be embarrassed about that avi, fuk m8

NillaWafer
10-12-2017, 08:32 AM
It comes down to the development of youth, rather, the lack thereof.

At early ages, rec leagues and early school teams get coaches who are either parents or teachers. Neither have stepped a foot on a soccer pitch before, and there only training in the game is a few drills online probably written by someone else who has never played the game. It's not until you get to highschool/AAU teams where you get actual coaches who know what they are doing, but by that point, we are already miles behind other countries whose youth have been in a dedicated soccer academy since age 8.

And then those who are good enough to actually make it to a college team play under rules that are so ****ing bad that it puts players even further behind. You're allowed 11 subs at a single time in college soccer, the seasons are condensed, there are offseason restrictions by the NCAA, there aren't roster limits, the timing is different, and the coaches still fuking suck.

The entire system from the ground up is complete garbage in this country. The worst part is, for the amount of money US Soccer throws around in the MLS, it's downright sickening how this is still the system. US Soccer won't change until the system gets changed.

GolfPants
10-12-2017, 08:33 AM
If you asked the average American, he wouldn't even know when the next World Cup was. All of our best athletes play football, basketball and baseball.

I'm not one of those people who thinks the US could just instantly dominate world soccer if we actually tried and I'm sure there is plenty wrong with our system, but the heart of the matter is that Americans just flat out do not care about soccer. That may sound arrogant or condescending but it's the truth.

NillaWafer
10-12-2017, 08:40 AM
If you asked the average American, he wouldn't even know when the next World Cup was. All of our best athletes play football, basketball and baseball.

I'm not one of those people who thinks the US could just instantly dominate world soccer if we actually tried and I'm sure there is plenty wrong with our system, but the heart of the matter is that Americans just flat out do not care about soccer. That may sound arrogant or condescending but it's the truth.

I'm going to be the one that says it has nothing to do with a lack of athletes in soccer. There are plenty of athletes who play the game, and there are plenty of people in this country that care about it. The fact is athleticism isn't the name of the game because it only gets you so far. So what if you can outjump everyone. That 5'6" Argentinian kid who doesn't lose control of the ball is going to run circles around you.

The technical aspect of the game is just as important as athleticism, but the current system doesn't reinforce that. The current system tries to train players like it's football or basketball and focus solely on the physical side.

Ivzz
10-12-2017, 08:49 AM

Go worship your roided football players who kneel during your anthem, keep getting cucked.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Go worship your roided football players who kneel during your anthem, keep getting cucked.

Talks about roids. Doesn't look natty in avi.

sumusikoo
10-12-2017, 09:01 AM

But the argument I was making is there isn't a minor league soccer player in the world brave enough to go thru one week of fall camp at the college level in football.

Even if they got two or three weeks of individual fubdementals before hand.

Are u retarded, they dont need to train their bodies, that like saying any football player would get destroyed in soccer.

While we're at it

"Why are all football players pussies and scared to get inside the octagon?" "They would just get destroyed"

You have the worst arguments ITT as bad a Vhagar or whatever the other cucks name was

lsiberian
10-12-2017, 09:07 AM
It comes down to the development of youth, rather, the lack thereof.

At early ages, rec leagues and early school teams get coaches who are either parents or teachers. Neither have stepped a foot on a soccer pitch before, and there only training in the game is a few drills online probably written by someone else who has never played the game. It's not until you get to highschool/AAU teams where you get actual coaches who know what they are doing, but by that point, we are already miles behind other countries whose youth have been in a dedicated soccer academy since age 8.

And then those who are good enough to actually make it to a college team play under rules that are so ****ing bad that it puts players even further behind. You're allowed 11 subs at a single time in college soccer, the seasons are condensed, there are offseason restrictions by the NCAA, there aren't roster limits, the timing is different, and the coaches still fuking suck.

The entire system from the ground up is complete garbage in this country. The worst part is, for the amount of money US Soccer throws around in the MLS, it's downright sickening how this is still the system. US Soccer won't change until the system gets changed.

This is silliness the US has plenty of good youth soccer. They just choked. I guess the UK can finally claim to be better than us in soccer again. That definitely stings.

Future24
10-12-2017, 09:15 AM
For how much you guys don't care about soccer you sure are posting a lot about it.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Are u retarded, they dont need to train their bodies, that like saying any football player would get destroyed in soccer.

While we're at it

"Why are all football players pussies and scared to get inside the octagon?" "They would just get destroyed"

You have the worst arguments ITT as bad a Vhagar or whatever the other cucks name was

I guarantee you take the superbowl champion and whoever you consider the champion of soccer each year.

They play one football game first. Full contact all the rules. Then they play one soccer game a week later.

I guarantee the NFL players fair better and play a closer soccer game than the phaggots play football.

GolfPants
10-12-2017, 09:25 AM
I'm going to be the one that says it has nothing to do with a lack of athletes in soccer. There are plenty of athletes who play the game, and there are plenty of people in this country that care about it. The fact is athleticism isn't the name of the game because it only gets you so far. So what if you can outjump everyone. That 5'6" Argentinian kid who doesn't lose control of the ball is going to run circles around you.

The technical aspect of the game is just as important as athleticism, but the current system doesn't reinforce that. The current system tries to train players like it's football or basketball and focus solely on the physical side.

Like I said I am sure our system does suck.

But why does it suck? Because no one cares about soccer. There is no incentive to change it. All the money is in the other sports. All the most talented kids are in the other sports. All the viewership is in other sports. Parents aren't crazed about the sport and spending money to send their kids to soccer academies as soon as they can walk. Countries where soccer is king don't have to deal with any of these issues.

And discounting athleticism in soccer or technique in football/basketball is pretty silly. Some of the most athletic freaks in the world bust out of the NFL with regularity and I'm sure their are countless soccer players with elite technique who were just too slow to make it. To compete at the the highest level you need to be an elite athlete with elite technique.

Ivzz
10-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Talks about roids. Doesn't look natty in avi.

Ill take that as a compliment, from what I heard American cuckolds dont have very good genetics. Oh well at least you get to watch dark skinned men hit each other every weekend while you clutch that beer in your hand and think about how manly it is. Good **** homie.

I guarantee you take the superbowl champion and whoever you consider the champion of soccer each year.

They play one football game first. Full contact all the rules. Then they play one soccer game a week later.

I guarantee the NFL players fair better and play a closer soccer game than the phaggots play football.

Lol you are the definition of an ignorant american, both group of athletes wouldn't have a chance. The american football players would lose their jock straps on a soccer pitch they would be made to look like idiots.

Metz00
10-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Better question is why India and China with populations of over 1 billion haven't been able to field a all star team. They are good in cricket and in gymnastics respectively, but even then, with their populations they should be able to field at least 11 good players.

celticbhoy88
10-12-2017, 10:03 AM
I see this as a blessing in disguise. Might give US Soccer a wake up call and push them to take this seriously from now on. Arena was a horrible choice for the job.

JmanTheJuiceman
10-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Ill take that as a compliment, from what I heard American cuckolds dont have very good genetics. Oh well at least you get to watch dark skinned men hit each other every weekend while you clutch that beer in your hand and think about how manly it is. Good **** homie.

Lol you are the definition of an ignorant american, both group of athletes wouldn't have a chance. The american football players would lose their jock straps on a soccer pitch they would be made to look like idiots.

They have pitchers in soccer too?

Metz00
10-12-2017, 10:13 AM
They have pitchers in soccer too?

Football is played in a football pitch.
American football is played on a football field
Basketball and Tennis are played in a court.

JmanTheJuiceman
10-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Appreciate it brah

Metz00
10-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Appreciate it brah

You forgot the rep button.

JmanTheJuiceman
10-12-2017, 10:26 AM

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5687/dhKtSJ.jpg

Got you on r/c fam

HawksFanRuss
10-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Americans just arent good at soccer and dont like it. Plain and simple. I played when i was younger it was nothing but rich kids that didnt even care about playing and only played because their parents made them. There is no passion for the sport in the US.

Its a european and south american sport, i went to visit ukraine also when i was younger everyone loves it their. There is people playing it all over the place and everyone watches.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 11:44 AM

You are the definition of ignorant. The NFL guys would probably have a combined 5000 yards.

The soccer guys would have negative 300 yds most likely. The score would probably be over 200 to nothing.

Now a week later whatever soccer players you have left that can still stand or aren't concussed
Have to play a soccer game.

We are going to probably have a 6'6 receiver with more lateral quickness and better hands than any European with a huge catch radius in goal so scoring isn't going to be as easy as you think.

We'll have two kickers that can kick it the length of the field so we'll the soccer version of dump and chase with superior speed and quickness.

Regardless all we have to do is clear our zone over and over and stall.

I say you win maybe 7 to 10 to nothing.

So obviously in this situation the Americans win as we will have beaten you far worse at our game than you will beat us at yours.

VTheKing
10-12-2017, 11:57 AM
soccer culture here is similar in that of the US, which is to say that kids don't really play the sport out on the streets and no one gives a **** if they're good at it. even if minor leagues are swelling with children, it's mostly for exercise purposes, parents rarely push them to be the best and kids try harder in other sports - basketball, football, hockey, baseball, etc. even with demographic changes via immigration, being a soccer star isn't seen as a way to improve your social standing and it doesn't make you a cool kid or a jock. then even if you're a rare talent who will tear up the Premier League, not many people care because they're busy worshiping Tom Brady, Lebron James, etc.

you could have soccer fields in every block, but American kids would use them to play something else.

Ivzz
10-12-2017, 01:09 PM
You are the definition of ignorant. The NFL guys would probably have a combined 5000 yards.

The soccer guys would have negative 300 yds most likely. The score would probably be over 200 to nothing.

Now a week later whatever soccer players you have left that can still stand or aren't concussed
Have to play a soccer game.

We are going to probably have a 6'6 receiver with more lateral quickness and better hands than any European with a huge catch radius in goal so scoring isn't going to be as easy as you think.

We'll have two kickers that can kick it the length of the field so we'll the soccer version of dump and chase with superior speed and quickness.

Regardless all we have to do is clear our zone over and over and stall.

I say you win maybe 7 to 10 to nothing.

So obviously in this situation the Americans win as we will have beaten you far worse at our game than you will beat us at yours.

Sigh, I really didn't wana get into this especially with someone who knows nothing about soccer.

Not gonna argue that "soccer" players would lose in a football game but you grossly underestimate their athletic ability. I've played football the american version in year 12 of Highschool with no prior experience and nobody could tell that it was my first time playing. On the other hand I have played semi-pro soccer. Soccer is harder as it requires you to have a much more rounded skill set.

Superior speed? "Tyreek Hill is the fastest player in the NFL....Hill reached a top speed of 23.24 miles per hour on a Week Two kickoff return that he ran back 105 yards"

23.24 MPH = 37.40 KMH

Gareth Bale was clocked at 36.9km/h during a game so to say superior would be totally flawed. And I would love to see this Tyreek character run with a ball at his feet lmao he would look like a Gazelle on skates.

You could "dump and chase" but you have no idea what skill it takes to control a ball that's been kicked while you're running. (remember you are not allowed to use your hands in soccer). Also you are aware that soccer is not a stop and go game right? The pressure would be so immense that and "kickers" in the back line wouldn't even get a chance to kick the ball up the field. Theres a really strong possibility that they wouldn't even be able to touch the ball past their own half.

As for your 6'6 goalie he would look like a fool in net, you don't understand the amount of power and precision behind a shot, not to mention a low shot to the corner and there is 0 chance they would be able to get down and laterally quick enough.

They could score goals at will if they wanted to.

Now please stay in your lane, grab yourself a beer and go watch some stop and start football. Maybe they will have some new commercials on between breaks to make sure consumerism is booming.

JmanTheJuiceman
10-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Sigh, I really didn't wana get into this especially with someone who knows nothing about soccer.

Not gonna argue that "soccer" players would lose in a football game but you grossly underestimate their athletic ability. I've played football the american version in year 12 of Highschool with no prior experience and nobody could tell that it was my first time playing. On the other hand I have played semi-pro soccer. Soccer is harder as it requires you to have a much more rounded skill set.

Superior speed? "Tyreek Hill is the fastest player in the NFL....Hill reached a top speed of 23.24 miles per hour on a Week Two kickoff return that he ran back 105 yards"

23.24 MPH = 37.40 KMH

Gareth Bale was clocked at 36.9km/h during a game so to say superior would be totally flawed. And I would love to see this Tyreek character run with a ball at his feet lmao he would look like a Gazelle on skates.

You could "dump and chase" but you have no idea what skill it takes to control a ball that's been kicked while you're running. (remember you are not allowed to use your hands in soccer). Also you are aware that soccer is not a stop and go game right? The pressure would be so immense that and "kickers" in the back line wouldn't even get a chance to kick the ball up the field. Theres a really strong possibility that they wouldn't even be able to touch the ball past their own half.

As for your 6'6 goalie he would look like a fool in net, you don't understand the amount of power and precision behind a shot, not to mention a low shot to the corner and there is 0 chance they would be able to get down and laterally quick enough.

Now please stay in your lane, grab yourself a beer and go watch some stop and start football. Maybe they will have some new commercials on between breaks to make sure consumerism is booming.

Bro you need to shorten your responses by like 7 paragraphs if you expect anybody to read your chit

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 01:17 PM

23.24 MPH = 37.40 KMH

If soccer players are so skilled how come they miss that big ass net all the time?

How come on corner kicks they routinely sail over everybody and out of bounds.

How come they routinely miss passes to wide open teammates by yards?

HayZues Christi
10-12-2017, 01:23 PM

There are 10s of thousands of professional soccer players. There are less than 500 nba players.

Ivzz
10-12-2017, 01:38 PM
If soccer players are so skilled how come they miss that big ass net all the time?

Are you trolling or are you actually this retarded? Are you really 47?

Routinely? What soccer are you watching?

It happens but that's sports you big dummy, its like an air ball in basketball or a dropped wide open pass in american football. Their human, doesn't mean their not skilled.

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Are you trolling or are you actually this retarded? Are you really 47?

Routinely? What soccer are you watching?

It happens but that's sports you big dummy, its like an air ball in basketball or a dropped wide open pass in american football. Their human, doesn't mean their not skilled.

I'm dead as serious. In the ten or 15minutes of soccer I'll watch on TV a year it's blown shot, pass etc.

They really aren't very good at it even if they are the best.

wifestealer
10-12-2017, 02:04 PM
soccer is a very technical sport all about positioning, tempo & control. having the best "athletes" in the traditional sense of the word (big, strong, explosive) doesn't give you an advantage except for a few exceptions (ibra, cr7) but if you look at the majority of the top players their standout trait is their tactical awareness, creativity, ball control (messi, neymar, isco etc.)

the excuse for not qualifying is pure cope - it's ok to say you're shiet at something (although i always enjoyed watching team USA at the WC). but when honduras and T&T can qualify and you can't when there is a LOT more money spent on soccer in the US than in those countries then something is seriously wrong with the system.

tekkenbruh
10-12-2017, 02:08 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/sports-leagues-top-salaries-2015-5

2015 and still reinforces my point seeing how PL destroys NFL which is played on the entire continent as opposed to a poverty island with chit weather

Bro you need to shorten your responses by like 7 paragraphs if you expect anybody to read your chit

you'd read it if there was a Geico commercial between the paragraphs tho?

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 02:52 PM
From the other thread.

You see these 13 and 14 year old children?

They are tougher and have more guts than the Premier League Champions.

I'd say it's a safe bet that if they flew over there walked into Wembley Stadium they would beat the schit out of the PL Champs and walk off and have sex with their women before flying back to North Carolina.

6KAdNZKe2_I

ItsWhatIDo
10-12-2017, 03:28 PM

Highest paid athlete in the world.... Cristiano Ronaldo

The US trains players to play the game of soccer from ten to fifteen years ago. The game evolved

HairyScandinavian
10-12-2017, 03:41 PM

We would have to give a **** in order to be embarrassed, but most of the US doesn't care about kickball so doesn't really bother us.

Groce
10-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Saw this posted somewhere else and needed to repost it because it's spot on with what's wrong with the USA youth system:

Two major points that people who don't know about soccer need to understand.

1). It's not about having enough "superfreak" athletes. Belgium has a population of 11 million, Uruguay has a population of 3 million. That's total population, if you drill down to young males of eligible age, the available talent pool is even smaller. Yet those two countries regularly generate world class soccer players and perform well in international tournaments. Both just the states of California and Florida both completely dwarf the populations of those countries, and both states have strong latin communities and strong pockets of soccer culture. It doesn't matter if Lebron or Lebron-Lite plays soccer, we still have more than enough athletes to field 11 decent soccer players on a field.

2). Soccer like Tennis is a skilled sport. Football and Basketball are largely based on pure athleticism & physical stature. A kid who never touched a football as a child but hits puberty at 15, gains 12 inches, 75 lbs can become a high school football star if he has decent coordination. Outside of the point guard position, the same can be said for basketball. Both those sports can be picked up post-puberty and a "genetic-freak" could still become a professional.

But with soccer and tennis, if you haven't played those sports regularly by the age of 10, you can pretty much forget about playing at a professional level. And with the current trends, you pretty much need to begin regular training by 7-8 years-old to have a chance at being a top professional. Identifying genetic freaks at 15 years-old is way too late and why the current high schoo/college system is so poorly suited for soccer.

Also because soccer is a skilled sport, pure athleticism provides diminishing returns. Messi is probably not going to beat a NFL running back in any physical metric. The NFL RB will be bigger, faster, and stronger. But if the NFL player doesn't have the touch to literally manipulate the ball dozens of ways or the game i.Q. all of which takes decades to develop, then his athleticism means nothing. Also the bigger you are, it comes at the expense of agility and quickness, extremely important attributes for soccer.

One of the many problems we is that we don't know how to identify soccer players at the youth level. Because of football and basketball, we're used to always recruiting the biggest genetic freak at 11 years-old. Instead we should be looking at young players who have a natural touch, agile, or good instincts reading the game. I've seen kids who possess these abilities but they get tossed to "B" teams or lower-level teams because they're not "big" enough. Pay to Play coaches recruit giant 11-year olds to win meaningless tournaments so yuppie parents will keep paying them to win meaningless medals. None of these coaches have the long-view of developing a highly skilled but undersized 11-year-old to one-day become a professional.

Every day we flush young players with potential down the toilet because the youth system is just so inefficient and inaccessible to kids that are actually predispostioned to the sport. A smart US Youth development system could easily harvest enough talent from our population to be competitive with the likes of Belgium even while football and basketball remain our primary sports. The old-guard at US Soccer just needs to be flushed out completely and the coaching licenses actually need to mean something. Almost any idiot can get USSF coaches license and then proceed to wreck havoc on our talent pool.

cliffs: Technique is EVERYTHING and trumps strength/speed/explosiveness by a million miles, and not only is that technique god gifted but it needs to be diligently nurtured and developed from the age of 6-8 if you want even a hope in hell of making it as a pro soccer player.

HairyScandinavian
10-12-2017, 03:50 PM
soccer culture here is similar in that of the US, which is to say that kids don't really play the sport out on the streets and no one gives a **** if they're good at it. even if minor leagues are swelling with children, it's mostly for exercise purposes, parents rarely push them to be the best and kids try harder in other sports - basketball, football, hockey, baseball, etc. even with demographic changes via immigration, being a soccer star isn't seen as a way to improve your social standing and it doesn't make you a cool kid or a jock. then even if you're a rare talent who will tear up the Premier League, not many people care because they're busy worshiping Tom Brady, Lebron James, etc.

you could have soccer fields in every block, but American kids would use them to play something else.

Yep, kickball is the "participation trophy" type of sport down here, they literally dumb down the competitiveness because it hurts kids' feelings LOL. It's just an exercise program down here compared to football, kinda like Crossfit vs Bodybuilding or Powerlifting.

HughBMyron
10-12-2017, 04:22 PM
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5687/dhKtSJ.jpg

Got you on r/c fam

10-10-2017 07:17 PM
JmanTheJuiceman
Thread: Minnesota's defense is...
When youre sticking up for other men on a forum its time to take a break #ProTip

Upshall18
10-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Negged

nvrstopworking
10-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Saw this posted somewhere else and needed to repost it because it's spot on with what's wrong with the USA youth system:

cliffs: Technique is EVERYTHING and trumps strength/speed/explosiveness by a million miles, and not only is that technique god gifted but it needs to be diligently nurtured and developed from the age of 6 if you want even a hope in hell of making it as a pro soccer player.

Excellent points. Sounds a lot like our hockey programs up here in Canada... which probably explains why we still have a world class team on the national stage.

Hallu
10-12-2017, 05:07 PM

How come professional kickers routinely miss field goals?

How come professional quarterbacks routinely miss wide receivers?

leoslayer1
10-12-2017, 05:32 PM
How come professional kickers routinely miss field goals?

How come professional quarterbacks routinely miss wide receivers?

Because those are infinity harder tasks to accomplish.

RAGEagainstHFCS
10-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Most of the world outside of North America (excluding Central America) has as much a hard on for Soccer as Canada does for Ice Hockey.

If they could, every country around the world would try to claim soccer originated in their country.

It's a National pastime sort of like Baseball and (US) Football is in USA.

Soccer just doesn't matter to the majority of American born kids who's parents did not migrate from another country.

It's cute for tiny tots and Soccer moms and all but once a little boy or little girl is old enough to grow pubes they make their own mind up and play Softball, Vollyball, Tennis, Baseball, basketball, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse etc.

Economics also plays a factor.

It costs money to buy equipment/gear/ to play a pick up game in the majority of sports that the average US citizen spares a fuk or two about, whereas it's pretty inexpensive to have a bunch of kids kick a ball around on any flat piece of real estate they can find to run around on.

At the end of the day though the reason the USA doesn't give as many sh!ts as the majority of the globe does is the same reason Tennessee Vols Football means way more to Tennessee citizens as lets say UCLA Bruins Football means to the average citizen in Los Angeles.

There's just way too many other things to care about, and way too many other options.

You're only limited to what your geographical location has to offer.

XFactah416
10-12-2017, 08:24 PM

cliffs: Technique is EVERYTHING and trumps strength/speed/explosiveness by a million miles, and not only is that technique god gifted but it needs to be diligently nurtured and developed from the age of 6-8 if you want even a hope in hell of making it as a pro soccer player.

this is pretty much true to a tee.

but fundamentally.. the US doesn't give a **** about soccer either. most american kids want to grow up to be lebron or tom brady, not lionel messi. until that changes, the US won't ever be good at soccer. and that's ok, becuase nobody wants to watch that **** unless it's World Cup season and people can pretend like they like it for a month and act patriotic.

the MLS is basically a retirement home for washed up pros to get checks. if you want to actually be good, you'll go overseas.

tekkenbruh
10-12-2017, 10:53 PM

It's hilarious how every other post ITT by US brah mentions "our best athletes play x or y" without realizing that sheer athleticism wouldn't get you far once you go pro. Just lol at this obsession of watching the biggest, most developed male bodies

negged

Because those are infinity harder tasks to accomplish.

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

YoungMetro24
10-13-2017, 12:29 AM
10-10-2017 07:17 PM
JmanTheJuiceman
Thread: Minnesota's defense is...
When youre sticking up for other men on a forum its time to take a break #ProTip

#hyd

HughBMyron
10-13-2017, 12:33 AM
#hyd

tgf

GreenArrow89
10-13-2017, 12:37 AM
old, but gold:

2vJn5XxWg9U

YoungMetro24
10-13-2017, 12:42 AM
tgf

great account bro. GREAT ACCOUNT.

SuperMariBro
10-13-2017, 12:57 AM
Yeah thats why West African athletes dominate soccer. Their athleticism is all they need to be good. They have the most players in the Premier League and La Liga out of another other region. Soccer truly is only about athleticism.

WAT???

such bullchit

HughBMyron
10-13-2017, 12:59 AM
WAT???

such bullchit

sarcasm. not even once.

AltarOfPlagues
10-13-2017, 05:53 AM
Barstool guys were roasting hard. They said disband male soccer and pay the females because at least they get drunk and still win.

thehypocrit
10-13-2017, 06:03 AM
Soccer has the most athletically gifted players in the world.

stevedarsh
10-13-2017, 07:41 AM
ITennis is a "skill" sport and not an athleticism sport... the best women in the world still get ass blasted day in and day out by the athleticism of Venus and Serena Williams.

If the athletes of the US cared about soccer, the international community as a whole would never win another match, just like your tennis community can't beat Serena.

Cope with that.

In fact, if your "world game" is all about technique, I bet an average pro woman's player in your country would beat YOUR twink ass at it, wouldn't they?

Oh, did i go too far there, Euro twinky? Maybe if you do your chores your non - gender conforming queer identifying transnormative nonmonogamous life partner will strap xher strap on on and peg you while you watch some soccer.

lsiberian
10-13-2017, 07:56 AM
Soccer has the most athletically gifted players in the world.

LOL no. Soccer is skill and endurance sport.

Metz00
10-13-2017, 08:48 AM
It seems that one of the biggest differences in football is that in Europe, it's traditionally a working class sport. In the US, football caters towards the middle class who have other ideas in mind. American football and basketball are working class sports in the US. Whereas tennis and golf are upper middle class. Baseball seems to be more of a rural working class and suburban lower middle class type of sport. The urban working class mindset in the US probably suits well the aggressiveness and direct confrontational challenges of American football and basketball.

WestAfrica
10-13-2017, 12:13 PM

Is this dude srs?

Why do NFL qbs go 23/37 why not 37/37? Why do kickers miss extra point kicks from 13 yards out? Why do running backs fumble the ball? Why are you even posting your dumb ass chit here lmao.

https://media.tenor.com/images/b00797bafe2ea3b0f18529a2abfe3664/tenor.gif

MetroBrah
10-13-2017, 12:16 PM
It seems that one of the biggest differences in football is that in Europe, it's traditionally a working class sport. In the US, football caters towards the middle class who have other ideas in mind. American football and basketball are working class sports in the US. Whereas tennis and golf are upper middle class. Baseball seems to be more of a rural working class and suburban lower middle class type of sport. The urban working class mindset in the US probably suits well the aggressiveness and direct confrontational challenges of American football and basketball.

really good analysis here srs

Future24
10-13-2017, 12:40 PM
ITennis is a "skill" sport and not an athleticism sport... the best women in the world still get ass blasted day in and day out by the athleticism of Venus and Serena Williams.

If the athletes of the US cared about soccer, the international community as a whole would never win another match, just like your tennis community can't beat Serena.

Cope with that.

In fact, if your "world game" is all about technique, I bet an average pro woman's player in your country would beat YOUR twink ass at it, wouldn't they?

Oh, did i go too far there, Euro twinky? Maybe if you do your chores your non - gender conforming queer identifying transnormative nonmonogamous life partner will strap xher strap on on and peg you while you watch some soccer.Nadal and Federer are so athletic.

iabs
10-13-2017, 12:46 PM

Cope with that.

Oh, did i go too far there, Euro twinky? Maybe if you do your chores your non - gender conforming queer identifying transnormative nonmonogamous life partner will strap xher strap on on and peg you while you watch some soccer.

If you think athleticism is everything in soccer and tennis, how do you explain Monfils in tennis and the many cases of African players who's main attribute is speed and strength in soccer yet, there's almost zero world class African players in the world.

Take off your Merican' glasses, bud.

Metz00
10-13-2017, 12:59 PM
The thing about football also is that as you grow older and become less athletic, you can adapt your gameplay. Pirlo for example lost speed and agility but he retained his touch and passing and his age also gave him experience and intuitive vision. He came free to Juventus a few years ago and people counted him out but he was a key player behind Marchisio and Vidal. They cleaned up and gave him the ball so he could start the plays from behind. He was also one of the best free kick takers in the world. His nickname in English is the architect after all. Same with Xavi, as he lost speed he still didn't need it to help set up plays in Barcelona.

In other sports, if you lose speed or strength that's it for you. In football, the great thing is that different positions and duties exist for different set of physical, mental, and technical skills. This is why football is popular, because it is for everyone.

CobyWan
10-13-2017, 01:02 PM
In other sports, if you lose speed or strength that's it for you.

This isn't true. There are so many examples across football and basketball it's not even worth listing. Soccer is not unique in players adapting their skill set as their athleticism decreases.

In football, the great thing is that different positions and duties exist for different set of physical, mental, and technical skills. This is why football is popular, because it is for everyone.

I know you're talking about soccer here but you are literally describing American football to a T. Even more so because the variance in roles and body types has far wider variance than soccer.

Metz00
10-13-2017, 01:10 PM
This isn't true. There are so many examples across football and basketball it's not even worth listing. Soccer is not unique in players adapting their skill set as their athleticism decreases.

If a runningback or a reciever gets too slow, where would they be placed? They can't be adapted to linebackers, fullbacks, or quarterback. If a quarterback burns his arm out and loses his throw, he would be relegated to the bench.

tekkenbruh
10-13-2017, 01:12 PM

Cope with that.

Sounds like all you want to watch in a sporting event is multiple well-built black guys. Too bad your superior athletes would routinely get their ankles broken by skilled manlets cause you can't just ram yourself at full speed against another guy and call it defense. Imagine Elliot or whoever else you'd like to field getting picked by 5'6 Messi LOL

CobyWan
10-13-2017, 01:14 PM
If a runningback or a reciever gets too slow, where would they be placed? They can't be adapted to linebackers, fullbacks, or quarterback. If a quarterback burns his arm out and loses his throw, he would be relegated to the bench.

That's like saying if a soccer player loses the ability to kick where is he going to play? You're talking about natural aging. Basketball players improve their outside shooting or post up game to compensate. Football safeties use their knowledge to take better angles, receivers become better adept at their route running. Those are just several examples of many. It's the same thing as soccer players losing a step.

iabs
10-13-2017, 01:42 PM

I know you're talking about soccer here but you are literally describing American football to a T. Even more so because the variance in roles and body types has far wider variance than soccer.

Yeah, because anyone can be an American football player....

If you're not born a physical freak of nature i.e. 6'5" and 300 lbs then good luck with your pipe dream of making it to the NFL.

thehypocrit
10-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Yeah, because anyone can be an American football player....

If you're not born a physical freak of nature i.e. 6'5" and 300 lbs then good luck with your pipe dream of making it to the NFL.

and you think anyone can become a world class soccer player? lol

If anything it's much harder since you are competing with a much broader genetic pool

your clueless if you think any schmuck can just train heaps and become the best

the talent required is much more just not as visible to the eye