PDA

View Full Version : How many days a week should i do cardio?

Prithwishr96
09-27-2017, 10:27 AM
Is it ok if i'm doing 45 mins Low itensity cardio everyday?

WorldClassDBag
09-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Yea that's fine

smokinal
09-27-2017, 10:32 AM
You don't have to do any cardio if you don't want to. What are your fitness goals?

Prithwishr96
09-27-2017, 12:42 PM
You don't have to do any cardio if you don't want to. What are your fitness goals?
I'm trying to lose body fat

screwnuts
09-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Cardio won't make a big difference in terms of fat loss.

mattburley7
09-27-2017, 12:57 PM
i do 1 hour of cardio everyday.

smokinal
09-27-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm trying to lose body fat
I just cut from around 17% to about 6.5-7% for a competition and literally didn't do 5 minutes of cardio my whole prep. Losing bodyfat is all about consistantly, honestly and accurately staying under maintenance. Adding cardio only raises the amount of food you can eat during the day.
I'm not trying to discourage you from doing cardio because it has other benefits like stress relief, heart and respiratory health etc... But just because you add "cardio" doesn't mean you are going to lose weight or bodyfat; that all comes down to diet.
Remeber, 90% of what you look like is determined by your diet.

BennoMac
09-27-2017, 06:28 PM
I just cut from around 17% to about 6.5-7% for a competition and literally didn't do 5 minutes of cardio my whole prep. Losing bodyfat is all about consistantly, honestly and accurately staying under maintenance. Adding cardio only raises the amount of food you can eat during the day.
I'm not trying to discourage you from doing cardio because it has other benefits like stress relief, heart and respiratory health etc... But just because you add "cardio" doesn't mean you are going to lose weight or bodyfat; that all comes down to diet.
Remeber, 90% of what you look like is determined by your diet.

I agree with this, i lost 70 pounds of fat doing only weights and little cardio, running around with my kids on the weekends ect... But i found i was hitting cardio peak before muscle peak so was getting puffed on heavy lifts before failure on muscles. So i started running 20-30 minutes 2 days a week and it along side lifting yeilded the same result, i have now lost over 100 pounds.
I do 2x 40 minute cardio sessions now either running, boxing or Bike and so far no seeing any better results. TBH id rather do no cardio as i hate it with a passion but it does offer some advantages just dont expect it to help with weight loss to much, need to stick to your food deficit.

BecomingSmaller
09-27-2017, 11:13 PM
There are good health reasons to do cardio, weight loss isn't really one of them as it is not that effective.

Ginaathletic
09-27-2017, 11:32 PM
I use cardio in my rest days.

fendertele
09-27-2017, 11:35 PM
I only do cardio if i have gone over my calories by accident the previous day to try and limit any damage to my overall weekly deficit.

Or if it's the weekend and i know i'm going to be somewhere that i won't be able to track my calories properly and want to be on the safe side.

apart from that i do all my fat loss from diet and lifting alone.

TrinnieBuu
09-27-2017, 11:42 PM
Like the others said, I do cardio (about 16-18 miles a week) so I can eat more food. I've seen cardio backfire though, where it increases your appetite and you binge more negating any of the extra calories you burned.

I live for that runner high though and it gives me great energy throughout the day. Try it out and follow what your body tells you. There's no inherent negative impact to it, but it may make you more hungry.

fendertele
09-27-2017, 11:50 PM
Like the others said, I do cardio (about 16-18 miles a week) so I can eat more food. I've seen cardio backfire though, where it increases your appetite and you binge more negating any of the extra calories you burned.

I live for that runner high though and it gives me great energy throughout the day. Try it out and follow what your body tells you. There's no inherent negative impact to it, but it may make you more hungry.

although i've never ran that amount of miles, i used to run 3-4 miles daily before i started lifting and actually felt less hungry than i do on a heavy lifting day.

TrinnieBuu
09-27-2017, 11:56 PM
although i've never ran that amount of miles, i used to run 3-4 miles daily before i started lifting and actually felt less hungry than i do on a heavy lifting day.

That's my weekly, I usually go for light cardio days (lifting days) of 2 miles, and a couple heavy cardio days (5-6 miles). I agree with you, I personally didn't get any hunger pangs from cardio. But I have heard friends and other lifters who do get extra hungry after doing cardio. It could be a mind over matter thing. Just wanted to make sure OP is aware it's not some magical thing that will enhance your cut without being disciplined with your diet too.

BennoMac
09-28-2017, 12:00 AM
i get really hungry 30 min - 1 hour after cardio.
But i usually do cardio before a main meal so im good.

I also love how alive cardio makes you, when your feeling tired on your Cut just go for a short run or bike and you will be wide awake!

iamDJ2K
09-28-2017, 06:53 AM
If it is not easier for you to just eat yes then yeah what you are doing it fine. But if you hate cardio, i would just eat less. Just know cardio isnt a must.

DemonCleaner101
09-28-2017, 08:45 AM
There is one muscle in your body that needs to be kept in shape or you die from it...a lot of dudes seem to think its their pecs for some reason.

You're perfectly fine doing cardio every day, high/low intensity or not.

ray98
10-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Try to avoid it until you absolutely have to do it, treat it as a last resort option to speed up fat loss