PDA

View Full Version : Need a second opinion...

kickmybass
09-21-2017, 07:45 PM
First time posting here. I know a lot about nutrition and minimums needed in order to gain/lose fat/muscle. I'm sitting around 170 (5'9"). Pretty vascular extremities, midsection needs work but can see a 6pack when flexed-my guess is around 11-12% BF. I workout in the mornings, usually 5 days a week, and I work retail for the time being so I walk around quite a bit. I'm wanting to cut just slightly more before lean bulk. Heres what I'm eating:

Maintanence ~2500

225p/220c/60f~~ 2400kcal

If I feel I don't have enough fats, I'll have a tablespoon of PB. Do you think my caloric intake too low with how much activity I am doing throughout the day that I am going into starvation mode? Or should I up the fats, and lower carbs?

dipatel13
09-21-2017, 08:57 PM
Starvation mode is a myth. Adjust your calories based on how your weight is moving. You can easily drop like 50g of protein and add those cals to fats or carbs.

philgriffiths
09-22-2017, 02:20 AM
You'll need a larger deficit than 100 cals per day. You can guarantee that your margin of error alone will be eliminating that deficit.
You could do with dropping 30g give or take each of protein and carbs and just add those cals to your "deficit"

sschantz
09-22-2017, 02:57 AM
Never understand why people work their butt off to lean out, get a six pack, vascularity etc only to bulk up shortly afterwards...