PDA

View Full Version : 2 meals versus 5 meals while on a lean bulk?

HabibiJaan
09-17-2017, 11:31 PM
Hello guys, new here, just read all the stickies. I know meal timing and number of meals are irrelevant for body composition purposes however I've heard from some of the pros here that it's best to consume meals with protein *every 4-5 hours* for better muscle protein synthesis while bulking. I personally would love to just eat 2 meals daily spaced 8-9 hours apart while bulking since I prefer eating large meals. Any guidance on this? If I have to chow down meals every 4 hours for better gains, I will.

Thank you so much.

Mrpb
09-18-2017, 12:01 AM
it's best to consume meals with protein *every 4-5 hours* for better muscle protein synthesis while bulking

Yep. Every ~4-5 hours.

SuffolkPunch
09-18-2017, 12:01 AM
Would 2 meals plus 2 shakes be too onerous for you?

HabibiJaan
09-18-2017, 01:26 AM
Yep. Every ~4-5 hours.

Mrpb, perfect. I'll restructure my meals and eat balanced meals containing protein every 4-5 hours.

HabibiJaan
09-18-2017, 01:33 AM
Would 2 meals plus 2 shakes be too onerous for you?

I don't know about shakes man since I'm always working. Would Quest bars or the Kirkland protein bars suffice in place of the shakes? If not, what could I pair them up with? Thanks dude!

SuffolkPunch
09-18-2017, 01:40 AM
shakes are cheaper. Can you not take a small shaker to work? Leave it dry and then put water in it when needed.

Mrpb
09-18-2017, 01:43 AM
Would Quest bars or the Kirkland protein bars suffice in place of the shakes?

Yes, that's fine. I sometimes have a protein bar instead of breakfast.

HabibiJaan
09-18-2017, 02:11 AM
shakes are cheaper. Can you not take a small shaker to work? Leave it dry and then put water in it when needed.

OK that's easy. For some reason, I thought I was supposed to add more things into the shaker. So its just a scoop of whey protein powder I'm adding then? Cool. Then yeah since I'm just consuming whey protein by itself, I'll just add water to the dry protein powder when I'm ready to consume and I'll be good! Thank you.

HabibiJaan
09-18-2017, 02:13 AM
Yes, that's fine. I sometimes have a protein bar instead of breakfast.

Great. 2 of those Kirkland protein bars or Quest bars will do at times to replace the 2 shakes!