PDA

View Full Version : Didn't rinse quinoa before cooking and eating it tonight?

thethinman0007
08-27-2017, 09:55 AM
Ok, so I cooked some quinoa up for dinner tonight with some eggs and tomatoes. I forgot to rinse off the saponins beforehand. I read online that a majority of prepackaged quinoa is already pre-rinsed, but since I'm in Japan I have no idea.

I didn't notice any super bitter taste, which is a good sign. I was reading that the saponins can cause holes in the small intestine? That is really bad news!

I'm researching about this store online, but not finding much information, so I will have to go ask the staff at the store tomorrow is their quinoa is pre-rinsed. I thought I would ask the quinoa eater on here if I will most likely be alright?

I ate a decent sized bowl of it. My stomach is still doing alright and I ate if about 4 hours ago.

frogsRfriends
08-27-2017, 11:09 AM
You're fine.

AdamWW
08-27-2017, 07:00 PM
You're OK... rinsing quinoa is usually just to avoid getting sand/dirt in your teeth. be aware ;)

thethinman0007
08-28-2017, 11:28 AM
I live in Japan and although my Japanese is improving a lot each day, I had trouble locating where on the bag it reads that it is pre-rinsed before even being packaged and shipped here. Later I was able to find it on the label though.

I also researched more and found that a lot of people don't rinse it and eat it all the time.

Thank you!