PDA

View Full Version : Tips/Hacks for budget friendly grocery list?

FullNattyBruh
08-18-2017, 01:18 PM
So my parents are very understanding and 100% open towards lifting and i can workout whenever and how long i please. They are already covering gym expenses and food for me, but my main problem is protein dense food options are quite expensive, where i live. I try to go for sales and things like that but it adds up quickly. Any tips on cheap protein options, and or stores in my area (maybe costco?) Trying to help my parents out y'know?

Thanks!

dipatel13
08-18-2017, 01:24 PM
eggs, whatever chicken is cheaper(thighs in some areas are cheaper than breasts), other fattier meats, beans, milk, lentils, greek yogurt.

You don't need to overthink this at your age.

gbullock32
08-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Milk and eggs, cheap cuts of meat, sunflower seeds, cheese....

FullNattyBruh
08-18-2017, 04:05 PM
eggs, whatever chicken is cheaper(thighs in some areas are cheaper than breasts), other fattier meats, beans, milk, lentils, greek yogurt.

You don't need to overthink this at your age.
Never tried out chicken thighs and lentils. Thanks, man!

FullNattyBruh
08-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Milk and eggs, cheap cuts of meat, sunflower seeds, cheese....
Cheese? Really? Btw just read through your cutting thread, and ive learnt alot from it. Ive even thought about cutting despite not being overweight by any means, changed my mind for sure!

yoojungl
08-18-2017, 06:21 PM
yogurt, eggs, chicken wings, tuna are other affordable options and is packed w/ lots of protein~

WorldClassDBag
08-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Find places where they sell produce/meat cheaper.

gbullock32
08-19-2017, 02:10 AM
Cheese? Really? Btw just read through your cutting thread, and ive learnt alot from it. Ive even thought about cutting despite not being overweight by any means, changed my mind for sure!Yeah, no need to cut for you.

String cheese, at least here in the US, is pretty cheap and ~8g of protein per stick.

3maj
08-19-2017, 04:46 AM
You live in Canada, whole food doesn't get much cheaper than there (except in the US). Simple supermarket butchery section will do, pick store packaged filleted breasts, fish (hake), rump/sirloin cuts of beef, eggs, green veggies, rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes...you get my drift. Buying unprocessed foods without fancy packaging or (semi)pre-prepared is dirt cheap when compared to the convenience alternatives.