PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever make turmeric shots?

fitfanatic123
08-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Keep reading about how turmeric is great for you and anti-inflammatory and so is ginger root. Seems like all you have to do is blend turmeric root, ginger root, coconut water and a lemon. What do you guys think? Seems pretty odd to blend a root? but i've never made anything like that before. Assuming there is no harm to trying it?

WonderPug
08-17-2017, 01:57 PM
You can buy the concoction premixed and, according to the wisdom of Google, Dr. Oz has promoted the combination on his TV show.

That said, I've consumed all three ingredients, though never just those three or all three at once, but they can sure be part of a darn yummy Laksa!

fitfanatic123
08-17-2017, 02:00 PM
You can buy the concoction premixed and, according to the wisdom of Google, Dr. Oz has promoted the combination on his TV show.

That said, I've consumed all three ingredients, though never just those three or all three at once, but they can sure be part of a darn yummy Laksa!

True, i could use them other ways i guess, as a spice maybe... do you think it's gimmicky or the hype is well deserved?

The pre-made ones are so expensive!!

WonderPug
08-17-2017, 02:04 PM
Hype and gimmic are highly correlated, in my experience, but ginger and turmeric are yummy spices and there is no denying that it's enjoyable to drink coconut water, especially directly from a coconut while lounging on a beach in a Thai resort.

fitfanatic123
08-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Hype and gimmic are highly correlated, in my experience, but ginger and turmeric are yummy spices and there is no denying that it's enjoyable to drink coconut water, especially directly from a coconut while lounging on a beach in a Thai resort.

Thanks i'll try it then. also i thought you did lol haven't you not posted in like 3 years?

okayest
08-17-2017, 05:43 PM
I think it's total bull like most traditional Chinese and Indian medicine that claims to treat dozens of ailments but have no good evidence backing up any of them. Rehashed snake oil.

AdamWW
08-17-2017, 06:08 PM
I do enjoy turmeric as well as ginger in foods... for me, they help with my sensitive gut and also seem to lessen acid reflux which I have had for a long time.

Beyond that, most of the information on benefits I have seen are in vitro or related to inflammation, which is hard to prove out the long term benefits of.

AdamWW
08-17-2017, 06:11 PM

x2 on coconut water.

I'm actually surprised how polarizing the coconut water craze has made people. It seems like people either think it tastes horrible, or they love it. I happen to love it :)

If you've never tried the 'Taste Nirvana' brand I HIGHLY recommend it:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/c0b2ed_2aa92e38a756471da913945ae891bb34~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_300,h_230,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/c0b2ed_2aa92e38a756471da913945ae891bb34~mv2.webp

Budjola
08-18-2017, 01:52 AM
ginger and turmeric daily crew

desslok
08-18-2017, 04:39 AM
haven't you not posted in like 3 years?

Well yeah, he's been lounging on a beach in a thai resort for 3 years. Well 24 in dog years.

fitfanatic123
08-18-2017, 06:42 AM
I do enjoy turmeric as well as ginger in foods... for me, they help with my sensitive gut and also seem to lessen acid reflux which I have had for a long time.

Beyond that, most of the information on benefits I have seen are in vitro or related to inflammation, which is hard to prove out the long term benefits of.

I have some gut issues too :( major part of the reason i wanted to try it

ginger and turmeric daily crew

Can you share how you consume it?

3maj
08-18-2017, 06:49 AM
Dr. Oz has promoted the combination on his TV show.

Enough for me to completely ignore it.

Budjola
08-18-2017, 07:24 AM
I have some gut issues too :( major part of the reason i wanted to try it

Can you share how you consume it?

either with tea or in the coffee in the morning (ginger only as turmeric ruins it a bit)

Jesse_l_g
08-18-2017, 08:08 AM
I'm a fan. Curcumin (extract of turmeric) is one of the few supplements i take. Always the first thing i try for any kind of pain, headache or digestive issue. While i like curry dishes its hard to consume enough to have much of a medicinal effect. You can add them to smoothies. Ginger is good in tea or homemade "soda" tonics or cocktails. Moscow mules anyone? I use a lot of ginger in the kombucha i brew. For convenience sake you might consider getting them in supplement form if you want to consume them often and in reasonable amounts.

If i ever bought a juicer it would almost exclusively be used for ginger and turmeric to add to kombucha or other drinks.

If you've never tried the 'Taste Nirvana' brand I HIGHLY recommend it:

Hands down best brand of coconut water.