PDA

View Full Version : Should i have carbs or not

xgjengen
08-16-2017, 05:54 PM
Hi guys! So i made this low carb diet myself. Im 110kg alrady went down 2kg in 4 days. goal is to go down 30kg. I eat 2000 calories a day. That is oatmeal for every meal and eggs. 4 meals a day

So what i wonder is to perhaps get 3 bananas into my daily meals. Im thinking of it because of the energy

But i need to know, will more carbs cause me to go down in weight slower? Any side effects with this?

I do mix strength exercise into my cardio sessions. I do intense cardio workouts, usually 300-500 calorie workouts every day.
I always exercise before breakfast!

Right now i eat 20g carbs a day because of the oatmeal.

dipatel13
08-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Excess of any macro won't slow down your weight loss as long as you're within your calories and stay in a deficit.

That said, all you eat is eggs and oatmeal 4x per day? How exactly is that possible while staying at 20g carbs per day? This is a terrible plan and not at all healthy. You're completing neglecting micronutrients and fiber. You need to read the sticky on the previous page about the basics.

xgjengen
08-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Excess of any macro won't slow down your weight loss as long as you're within your calories and stay in a deficit.

That said, all you eat is eggs and oatmeal 4x per day? How exactly is that possible while staying at 20g carbs per day? This is a terrible plan and not at all healthy. You're completing neglecting micronutrients and fiber. You need to read the sticky on the previous page about the basics.

Yes i eat oatmeal 4 times a day and some eggs. Yields out to 2000 calories. 4200 calories to maintain weight.
So your suggestion is to stay at some between 200g carbs a day?

dipatel13
08-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Yes i eat oatmeal 4 times a day and some eggs. Yields out to 2000 calories. 4200 calories to maintain weight.
So your suggestion is to stay at some between 200g carbs a day?

Eating over 2000 cals less than maintenance is not a good idea. You need to eat more calories and eat a wide variety of foods. Hit your minimum macros(see sticky) and fill the remaining as you want with c/f/p.

xgjengen
08-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Eating over 2000 cals less than maintenance is not a good idea. You need to eat more calories and eat a wide variety of foods. Hit your minimum macros(see sticky) and fill the remaining as you want with c/f/p.

I followed the calculator at healthyweightforums and it says i should consume 2000 calories. Where is this sticky exactly?
Im not a creative guy with foods and have a bunch to learn

dipatel13
08-16-2017, 06:18 PM
I followed the calculator at healthyweightforums and it says i should consume 2000 calories. Where is this sticky exactly?
Im not a creative guy with foods and have a bunch to learn

a thread at the top of the previous page marked "STICKY don't look past the basics".

xgjengen
08-16-2017, 06:24 PM
a thread at the top of the previous page marked "STICKY don't look past the basics".

I found it, but no idea how those plans work. Maybe i can eat 10 bananas every day on the side of oatmeal? That would be around 200-300 carbs :)

dipatel13
08-16-2017, 06:50 PM
I found it, but no idea how those plans work. Maybe i can eat 10 bananas every day on the side of oatmeal? That would be around 200-300 carbs :)

you're still not getting it. Why do you think you only need to eat bananas, eggs, and oatmeal? What do you have against meats, dairy, grains, fruits, veggies, nuts, oils, nut butters, etc?

xgjengen
08-16-2017, 06:52 PM
you're still not getting it. Why do you think you only need to eat bananas, eggs, and oatmeal? What do you have against meats, dairy, grains, fruits, veggies, nuts, oils, nut butters, etc?

Hi, i now understand how the calorie decifit works :) No more decifit than 1000 (2kg) week.

So how i understand it, if my maintain calories is 4000, i should eat 3400 calories and burn 400 at cardio :) Jesus, i didnt realize this before now. Arhh hope those 7 months are going to be worth it :D

dipatel13
08-16-2017, 06:55 PM
Hi, i now understand how the calorie decifit works :) No more decifit than 1000 (2kg) week.

So how i understand it, if my maintain calories is 4000, i should eat 3400 calories and burn 400 at cardio :) Jesus, i didnt realize this before now. Arhh hope those 7 months are going to be worth it :D

Your maintenance calories should include your cardio cals burned. Btw 1000 cal deficit = 2lbs not kg per week.