PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong Un bends the knee

TaeBoNinja
08-14-2017, 08:31 PM
North Korea Backs Off Guam Missile-Attack Threat

SEOUL—North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has decided not to launch a threatened missile attack on Guam, Pyongyang’s state media reported on Tuesday, but warned that he could change his mind “if the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions.”

(For a deeper analysis of the issues in this story, please see “North Korea Backs Off Threat to Hit Guam”)

The report, published early Tuesday, could help dial back tensions that had spiraled last week following an exchange of threats between North Korea and U.S. President Donald Trump.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-korea-backs-off-guam-missile-attack-threat-1502751054

StoliFun
08-14-2017, 08:32 PM
I didn't know King Jong Un was a Mets fan.

dakensta
08-14-2017, 08:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i don't thnik NK ever threatened to hit Guam.

elterrible987
08-14-2017, 08:34 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BB8cqHZ8L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

We have the best negotiators folks. Believe me.

elterrible987
08-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i don't thnik NK ever threatened to hit Guam.

he wanted to hit 10-20 miles off the coast to prove he could hit guam if he wanted to.

besides being a bold provocation, how accurate do you think they they are? keep in mind this is the first time they would send one this far. would you want one off the coast of your town? Its like letting your drunk friend trying to show you his throwing knife trick.

Tears
08-14-2017, 08:40 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't thnik nk ever threatened to hit guam.

that's not what cnn said

Roldz
08-14-2017, 08:44 PM
I hope the people of NK will wake up one day and realize that their leader is just a fat pussy.

Tears
08-14-2017, 08:46 PM
I hope the people of NK will wake up one day and realize that their leader is just a fat pussy.

notsureifsrsorsubtleattemptatsarcasm

dakensta
08-14-2017, 08:47 PM
he wanted to hit 10-20 miles off the coast to prove he could hit guam if he wanted to.

besides being a bold provocation, how accurate do you think they they are? keep in mind this is the first time they would send one this far. would you want one off the coast of your town? Its like letting your drunk friend trying to show you his throwing knife trick.

And it's like saying "My drunk friend threatened to stab me with a throwing knife (if only unintentionally), I better preemptively stab him first, just in case."

Foxmulder0
08-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Haha and people were worried trump was too tough.

Nope, he just called out the bs

MinisterOfLust
08-14-2017, 08:51 PM
Pussy

XterraRob
08-14-2017, 08:52 PM
And it's like saying "My drunk friend threatened to stab me with a throwing knife (if only unintentionally), I better preemptively stab him first, just in case."

It's more like your drunk friend threatening to stab you and missing intentionally. Then you break his jaw for thinking that was a good idea.

cashinout
08-14-2017, 08:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HZ3PnzD.png

Tears
08-14-2017, 08:54 PM

How do you threaten someone unintentionally?

elterrible987
08-14-2017, 08:59 PM

No your friend threatening you and you tell him to STFU unless he wants to get these hands. Then he backs off and cowers in the corner. Violence averted. Supreme negotiation skills.

Kane_89
08-14-2017, 08:59 PM
So what happens when he threatens us again?

Tears
08-14-2017, 09:07 PM

Good question.

What do you think we should do?

dakensta
08-14-2017, 09:10 PM
How do you threaten someone unintentionally?

You don't. You state your intention to do a thing that may unintentionally injure someone.
They misinterpret this as a threat to injure them.

Apparently what happens next is you don't injure them, and then they break your jaw.

Goingviking
08-14-2017, 09:11 PM

I was thinking how sad it was that North Korea took the high road, and ended up relieving tensions. In the meantime he will develop missles that can hit California and we will not be able to touch him in 5 years. Not bad for a fat pussy.

dabbmw2002
08-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Anti-Trumpers mad Kim backed down......sad!

mynameisuntz
08-14-2017, 09:18 PM
Missile alarm: US satellites observe North Korea moving missiles into position, Mattis warns of high alert

http://www.news.com.au/world/missile-alarm-us-satellites-observe-north-korea-moving-missiles-into-position-mattis-warns-of-high-alert/news-story/ff9e0926f948b56c660b718e949993fa

Kane_89
08-14-2017, 09:21 PM
Anti-Trumpers mad Kim backed down......sad!North Korea best not “make any more threats” or they “will be met with fire and fury.." :rolleyes:

Two threats later...no fire and fury

Tears
08-14-2017, 09:23 PM

Good question.

What do you think we should do?

North Korea best not “make any more threats” or they “will be met with fire and fury.." :rolleyes:

You're getting sad.

Jasonw1178
08-14-2017, 09:25 PM
So much winning!

So NK knew that the US and Japan were going to try to shoot down the missile, which we do have the capability, which would be an absolute embarrassment to NK. Secondly, if they fired it, are we going to wait to see if it hits Guam, or will we strike right then and there. Also China basically told NK that if they fire it, they are on their own, that they would only side with NK if we attacked first.

All I know is there are some brave NK officers that got Kim to backdown. They live in a place where you go with whatever the leader wants, but someone had to tell Un that he was being an idiot.

Welp.... WWIII ain't going to happen, so back to fighting over statues!!!

Kane_89
08-14-2017, 09:29 PM

You're getting sad.

So what happens when he makes another threat since he no longer fears "fire and fury" for simply threatening the US anymore?

Build nukes, threaten to nuke, back down, build more nukes, threaten again..

Tears
08-14-2017, 09:31 PM

holy chit. My bad.

I honestly didn't know it was this simple. Hopefully you've communicated this already.

Kane_89
08-14-2017, 09:34 PM
holy chit. My bad.

I honestly didn't know it was this simple. Hopefully you've communicated this already.So Trump cries about Clinton, Bush and Obama kicking the can down the road then does the same thing.

Good Job Mr. smart President!

Tears
08-14-2017, 09:37 PM
So Trump cries about Clinton, Bush and Obama kicking the can down the road then does the same thing.

Good Job Mr. smart President!

At what point will you answer the question?

TaeBoNinja
08-14-2017, 09:41 PM
So what happens when he makes another threat since he no longer fears "fire and fury" for simply threatening the US anymore?

LOL, who the hell said we're allowing him to build more nukes. Trump isn't done going in dry on NK. Obviously right now we're putting pressure on China to neuter their pet.

Kane_89
08-14-2017, 09:44 PM
At what point will you answer the question?Dont have the answer bro. Clinton, Bush, and Obama didnt either.

But Mr. "Im smarter than everybody else" claimed to have all the answers. If NK develops a nuke stockpile big enough to start selling to other countries on Trumps watch, then holy sh*t.

This Presidentin' sh*t aint easy.

KhumatMibra
08-14-2017, 09:53 PM
7OcldMG932o

Thanks Trump!

Mercworx
08-14-2017, 10:02 PM

Read a great book about how NK is essentially the most theocratic country on earth. The basically worship the leaders as Gods.

usersignup2
08-14-2017, 10:04 PM
did anyone actually think KJU was serious and would actually launch?
are you people retarded?

Motiviert
08-14-2017, 10:05 PM
So Trump cries about Clinton, Bush and Obama kicking the can down the road then does the same thing.

Good Job Mr. smart President! give the dude some credit. Atleast nk seems to be cooperating a little bit. Damn I know you hate Trump, I'm not his biggest fan. But geez. I'm glad we aren't firing nukes at this moment.

JrM703
08-14-2017, 10:08 PM
After he bombed Syria they said he was going to start a world war...

After he dropped the Moab on the Taliban & ISIS? they said this was a prelude to nuclear escalation...

After he told North Korea he would bring "fire and fury" they said he was going to start a war...

...but, but, but President Trump is going to end the world via WW III tomorrow...

*wink*

Tears
08-14-2017, 10:09 PM
If NK develops a nuke stockpile big enough to start selling to other countries on Trumps watch, then holy sh*t.

I guess up until that point, we can all rest easy. Once it happens, then omfg **** Trump. He caused WWIIIIIIIII

SoFluffy
08-14-2017, 10:20 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/fc4b860a183520ea7777287d38d448d6/tenor.gif

Maestro
08-14-2017, 10:25 PM
They backed down on Guam but they were still making some threats at the US and SK. I guess there are some military training exercises that are going to take place nest week between the US and SK (like we always do) and DPRNK is saying that if they carry out those exercises then it is an act of war.

So, no its not really bending the knee, its just sabre rattling because they like the idea that people have some fear of them as a nation

I highly doubt they're ever allowed to see anything in their state run media with regards to political spats like this between them and the US. The only thing they see are computer simulations of missiles blowing up the white house and mushroom clouds carpeting the coast of California.

TheFornicator1
08-14-2017, 10:48 PM
You don't. You state your intention to do a thing that may unintentionally injure someone.
They misinterpret this as a threat to injure them.

Apparently what happens next is you don't injure them, and then they break your jaw.

Retard of the Year, 2017.

Reggi00
08-14-2017, 10:59 PM
When did America ever receive threats from North Korea directly from North Korean media, Kim Jon Un or his generals? A typical dictatorship would openly threaten a country but we never seen North Korea does it.

All of it are from the Western media. North Korea is the most censored and has the tightest media in the world so how do the Western media get their source?

This is a good article to read, not even CIA could get in so again, where do Reuturs, Fox, CNN, BBC and others get their source?

http://observer.com/2017/04/north-korea-missile-test-cia/

So, I'd be wary of it since American intelligence is notoriously known for manipulating information.

Wallhart5
08-14-2017, 11:38 PM
What I find quite sad in all of this is the hypocrisy of everyone.

If NK behaved this way against Russia do you think NK would not be being invaded from the North right now and of course the west would be condemning Russia.

I think its time Russia, China, US, SK and Japan actually got round a table and talked how best to deal with NK with a best effort to put self interest to the side. The regime needs to go, they all no know it. The o my ones who have self interest in it maintaining to a degree is China but surely it starts to tip the scale of too much risk to support.

I guess Sanctions will have to be used for the time being with severe economic sanctions for those that break them. Problem is NK would rather there own people starve and the propaganda is so strong the people won't rise up.

This world has so many good things but is run by a bunch of sadistic cretins.

If something is going to go down it will be today. Either NK underestimate the situation and believe they can still run a test. I'm 90%sure any test will be shot down from the sky and then it will be bums on seat times to see how itchy everyone's trigger fingers are.

Ultimately the end game is for the UN to be allowed in to decommission their nucleus and rocket programmes in return for aid. But then you'll have the CIA in there and NK will probably never allow this anyway as it would signal defeat.

EmmaW4tson
08-15-2017, 03:36 AM

They already do.

There is the issue of guns pointed at them with men willing to use them.

TheFornicator1
08-15-2017, 04:20 AM
They already do.

There is the issue of guns pointed at them with men willing to use them.

No they don't. Some are awake, but most are indoctrinated to a level that you cannot even believe. They live in a closed world. What they see and know is what the State feeds them.

It's quite literally something that you would except scripted by Hollywood. **** is crazy.

TraderBrah
08-15-2017, 04:25 AM

Terrible analogy. More like "the guy down the street who is mentally ill and developing rocket launchers in his basement is pointing a gun at me, probably a good time to shoot him in self defence"

JaxBrah
08-15-2017, 04:27 AM
we have Stannis as our president.

feelsgoodman.png

DIL22
08-15-2017, 04:37 AM
we have Stannis as our president.

feelsgoodman.png

Ivanka better watch out.

BetaAsPhuck
08-15-2017, 04:48 AM
China flexed their political muscle, and came out looking strong.

leafs43
08-15-2017, 06:35 AM
Libs are so desperate that they really thought finally someone would stump the Trump and were cheering on a communist dictator

NuggzTheNinja
08-15-2017, 06:39 AM
So NK knew that the US and Japan were going to try to shoot down the missile, which we do have the capability, which would be an absolute embarrassment to NK.

Overall I agree with your sentiment, but I wouldn't put too much stock in those interceptors. Publicized tests show you need something like 5 to reliably kill an ICBM and our arsenal of them is <100 worldwide AFAIK. In other words, it's not a force field.

TaeBoNinja
08-15-2017, 08:27 AM
Libs are so desperate that they really thought finally someone would stump the Trump and were cheering on a communist dictator
It's amazing that they're cool with Kim despite starving his people and all the human rights violations. But Trump is literally Hitler, of course.

TheFornicator1
08-15-2017, 09:49 AM
China flexed their political muscle, and came out looking strong.

I remember when you were intelligent.

James.

Mattis.

goody1
08-15-2017, 10:13 AM
This is a win for Trump regardless of how the anti-Trumpers try and spin it. NK has backed down for now and China has agreed to place sanctions on NK. China also came out and said if NK doesn't knock it off they are on their own.

If this were Obama his minions would be claiming he deserves another Nobel Peace Prize.

BullittEV
08-15-2017, 10:26 AM
North Korea best not “make any more threats” or they “will be met with fire and fury.." :rolleyes:

how the fuk can you possibly be devils advocating a peaceful move by NK?

you truly are just a hater no matter what.

Kane_89
08-28-2017, 03:05 PM
lol

TaeBoNinja
08-28-2017, 03:51 PM
lol
How is it "lol" when he didn't do sh!t to Guam? pls go phaggot

Seatard
08-28-2017, 03:53 PM
How is it "lol" when he didn't do sh!t to Guam? pls go phaggot

As long as Guam is okay you win!

Kane_89
08-28-2017, 03:54 PM
How is it "lol" when he didn't do sh!t to Guam? pls go phaggotlololololol

backfire of peace

TaeBoNinja
08-28-2017, 04:07 PM
As long as Guam is okay you win!
The thread was literally about Guam

Pretty sure if we avoid nuclear war we all win, lol. But you keep hoping for a "win" by WW3 popping off

Maestro
08-28-2017, 05:45 PM
The thread was literally about Guam

Pretty sure if we avoid nuclear war we all win, lol. But you keep hoping for a "win" by WW3 popping off

Eh, I think what he meant is that "bending the knee" implies that not only will Kim not fire missiles at Guam but also stop firing missiles all together since trump DID say that any missile firing from NK was a sign of aggression.

BadMonkeyFunker
08-28-2017, 05:47 PM
yea.. bends a knee by firing a missle over your biggest ally....

your turn potus...