PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Chinese food vs Restaurant Chinese Food?

ss4vegeta1
08-14-2017, 04:23 PM
I dont get it. I just dont get it. IF I choose to eat fast food Chinese food my heart doesnt race but if I choose to eat low sodium soy sauce and make my own Chinese food it makes my heart race.

R4z0rEdge
08-14-2017, 04:30 PM
I mean I hate to say it but maybe just don't eat homemade Chinese food.

Could you isolate the issue by consuming each of the individual ingredients you put into the food separately at home and see if you can replicate your symptoms? Then you'd know what causes it and could just leave it out. Assuming you don't just want to order out haha.

boo99
08-14-2017, 04:31 PM
In b4 Domicron ;)

ss4vegeta1
08-14-2017, 04:32 PM
I mean I hate to say it but maybe just don't eat homemade Chinese food?

Well...its okay every now and then but I thought I'd make a healthy Asian dish here and there. I just find it crazy that homemade lower sodium makes my blood pressure go through the roof.

Domicron
08-14-2017, 05:42 PM
the irony is that google says this about high sodium and heart palpitations:

Some people have palpitations after heavy meals rich in carbohydrates, sugar, or fat. Sometimes, eating foods with a lot of monosodium glutamate (MSG), nitrates, or sodium can bring them on, too. If you have heart palpitations after eating certain foods, it could be due to food sensitivity.

you're so neurotic about your diet, maybe you could use the higher fat and sodium levels to keep your body from freaking out.

btw there's nothing wrong with using real soy sauce, just make sure the restaurant you serve uses the good stuff

okayest
08-14-2017, 05:44 PM
An increased heart rate doesn't mean your blood pressure is through the roof.