PDA

View Full Version : Meal Plan help

CTACE
07-28-2017, 06:22 AM
I'm trying to gain muscle through nutrition. However I have been looking around on here and google for a custom meal plan that I can design/use but I have had no luck. Have you created or found several good daily meal plans that I can use?

Using my fitnesspal to calculate

Calories: 2850
Carbs: 285g (should be 40%)
Protein: 214g (30%)
Fat: 95g (30%)

Nutrition is definitely something that I want to work on and I have little to no knowledge about creating a meal plan. Let me know if you have a meal plan that could work with these requirements.

Thanks for any advice.

Vandeman17
07-28-2017, 07:05 AM
I'm trying to gain muscle through nutrition. However I have been looking around on here and google for a custom meal plan that I can design/use but I have had no luck. Have you created or found several good daily meal plans that I can use?

Using my fitnesspal to calculate

Calories: 2850
Carbs: 285g (should be 40%)
Protein: 214g (30%)
Fat: 95g (30%)

Nutrition is definitely something that I want to work on and I have little to no knowledge about creating a meal plan. Let me know if you have a meal plan that could work with these requirements.

Thanks for any advice.

You don't need a "plan". Just eat what you enjoy while trying to incorporate your macros. When people think plans, they tend to assume eating the same thing every day which is terrible and unsustainable. Also, don't use ratios. Shoot for a minimum of .8 grams of protein and .4 grams of fat per lb of body weight. Fill the rest of your calories as you see fit. If you are trying to gain muscle, eating in a surplus is recommended.

CTACE
07-28-2017, 07:45 AM
I've been tracking what I eat the last few weeks using myfitnesspal at a calorie surplus. I find it harder said than done to ensure that I'm hitting the calories and macros consistently. For example one day I could hit the calories for the day but not enough protein, another day I hit protein but I'm short 800 calories and it's 11 pm. Due to that I feel that I need to be more consistent daily. That's why I figured if I at least have several breakfast, lunch, and dinner options I could be relatively close to daily numbers consistently. Then I would just use protein shakes/snacks to fill the rest.

How did you or some of you other guys get the hang of hitting the macros and calories on the daily without a plan?

Mikeez0
07-28-2017, 08:13 AM
I've been tracking what I eat the last few weeks using myfitnesspal at a calorie surplus. I find it harder said than done to ensure that I'm hitting the calories and macros consistently. For example one day I could hit the calories for the day but not enough protein, another day I hit protein but I'm short 800 calories and it's 11 pm. Due to that I feel that I need to be more consistent daily. That's why I figured if I at least have several breakfast, lunch, and dinner options I could be relatively close to daily numbers consistently. Then I would just use protein shakes/snacks to fill the rest.

How did you or some of you other guys get the hang of hitting the macros and calories on the daily without a plan?It takes time.
Simply add 3-4 large main meals in the morning, then add small snacks as you wish thru the day. Listen to this guy above, and stop using macro percents! I Don't think you are 260lbish to eat so much protein..

CTACE
07-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Hah no I'm not 260lb more like 175-180 lb at the moment. I appreciate the insight and will keep working on this.