PDA

View Full Version : Best way to bulk for skinny/underweight?

Firas3
07-27-2017, 07:30 PM
I am 22 and about 102lbs.
What is the best way to bulk for someone who cannot cook/cannot spend time preparing meals?
What foods to eat?
What is the best thing to eat for breakfast?

AdamWW
07-27-2017, 07:50 PM
What is your height? What caused you to become underweight?

The best way to bulk is to eat more calories than you burn, and if you are short on time then buy convenient foods that last a while:

- Trail Mix
- Peanut Butter, Almond Butter
- High-Calorie Granola

Try to just set aside some time to pre-cook protein foods and freeze them for later.

There is no 'best thing' for breakfast... the important thing is to get enough calories, protein, and fat each day.

ErikTheElectric
07-27-2017, 08:31 PM
I am 22 and about 102lbs.
What is the best way to bulk for someone who cannot cook/cannot spend time preparing meals?
What foods to eat?
What is the best thing to eat for breakfast?

http://i.imgur.com/CHtEQve.jpg

Firas3
07-28-2017, 11:53 AM
What is your height? What caused you to become underweight?

The best way to bulk is to eat more calories than you burn, and if you are short on time then buy convenient foods that last a while:

- Trail Mix
- Peanut Butter, Almond Butter
- High-Calorie Granola

Try to just set aside some time to pre-cook protein foods and freeze them for later.

There is no 'best thing' for breakfast... the important thing is to get enough calories, protein, and fat each day.

5'5

GF23
07-28-2017, 12:13 PM
1. Work out your TDEE and how many cals you should be eating per day - http://mytdee.com/
2. DOwnload MyFitnessPal and log everything you eat
3. Join the gym and do a starter program - Fierce 5 Novice programme is what I did (and am still doing) and I recommend it
4. Repeat step 2 daily making sure you hit your targets. Eat whatever you want, but watch your fat intake. I recently bulked too quickly and now I'm cutting to lose the excess fat I put on from eating high fat foods (which have more cals obv)
5. Repeat step 1 once a week or fortnight depending on your growth
6. Profit

As someone who shares your time issue (and I also have an appetite problem i.e. it's too small), I would recommend eating/drinking as many calories in the morning (like between the time you wake up and 11am) as possible. I normally do it with smoothies/shakes and something like Yoghurt and Granola with Honey or Maple Syrup.

You could do between 700-1000 cals easily with the right smoothie + that breakfast.