PDA

View Full Version : Is my nutrition good?

asir10
07-27-2017, 03:48 PM
These are the averages of my macro consumption for the past week:

Fat: 80g, most comes from peanut butter, milk, and eggs which I consume everyday... other fats come from meats or other sources
Carbs: 322g
Protein: 157g
Calories: 2574 (I weigh 130 lb.)

I must say that I do not track everything and make estimates on the amounts of food I eat often, however I never over or under estimate.

Based on these numbers should I improve anything or are my numbers good for now?

bri88col
07-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Depends on what you're trying to achieve..numbers in isolation don't tell us a whole lot

gbullock32
07-27-2017, 03:57 PM
These are the averages of my macro consumption for the past week:

Fat: 80g, most comes from peanut butter, milk, and eggs which I consume everyday... other fats come from meats or other sources
Carbs: 322g
Protein: 157g
Calories: 2574 (I weigh 130 lb.)

I must say that I do not track everything and make estimates on the amounts of food I eat often, however I never over or under estimate.

Based on these numbers should I improve anything or are my numbers good for now?These statements contradict each other.

asir10
07-27-2017, 04:21 PM
Sorry really poor choice of words, I meant that I do not track everything that I eat if it is a small portion for example 1/2 a tsp of strawberry preserve. My second statement refers to the fact that I do not own a food scale, so I make an accurate estimate to weigh my food never over or underestimating its weight. Hope this clears things up.

asir10
07-27-2017, 04:22 PM
Sorry I forgot to include that, my goal is too put on lean muscle

gbullock32
07-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Sorry really poor choice of words, I meant that I do not track everything that I eat if it is a small portion for example 1/2 a tsp of strawberry preserve. My second statement refers to the fact that I do not own a food scale, so I make an accurate estimate to weigh my food never over or underestimating its weight. Hope this clears things up.Not counting everything, not weighing everything; you are not tracking accurately at all.

asir10
07-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Not counting everything, not weighing everything; you are not tracking accurately at all.

Yeah... I guess you're right. I think I'm gonna quit this gym lifestyle all together. I'm a high school student and I don't have the time or patience to weight and count every little calorie I put in my body. I'm sorry if I sound like a bitch (which I do) but this is facts. I lack the confidence and patience for this lifestyle. Plus, my dad has pretty much 0 expressed muscle and noodle arms, which means I'm literally physically incapable of getting any muscle and obtaining the shredded or cut body I wanted. Genes triumph any diet plan or workout routine in the world and I was too idiotic to realize this when I dropped $60 getting my gym membership three weeks ago :( As for you any of you guys, hope this lifestyle pans out the way you want it to and you get the body you deserve :)

Trini_Boi
07-27-2017, 06:31 PM
I am not trying to be rude but quit b*tching and feeling sorry for yourself. My genetics suck too. It's all about how bad you want it. If you give up then you don't want it bad enough. Simple as that. If you do then, man up and do what it takes.

Mikeez0
07-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Yeah... I guess you're right. I think I'm gonna quit this gym lifestyle all together. I'm a high school student and I don't have the time or patience to weight and count every little calorie I put in my body. I'm sorry if I sound like a bitch (which I do) but this is facts. I lack the confidence and patience for this lifestyle. Plus, my dad has pretty much 0 expressed muscle and noodle arms, which means I'm literally physically incapable of getting any muscle and obtaining the shredded or cut body I wanted. Genes triumph any diet plan or workout routine in the world and I was too idiotic to realize this when I dropped $60 getting my gym membership three weeks ago :( As for you any of you guys, hope this lifestyle pans out the way you want it to and you get the body you deserve :)
Agreed, don't do it, if you don't like it.

jdl22
07-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Barring possible health concerns or disabilities that prevent you from accessing or participating in resistance training, you can gain muscle.

If you're in high school, don't sweat weighing things out to the gram. Find a proper workout regime, make every workout count, and be sure to be eating enough to be gaining weight. You will see a noticeable increase in muscle mass, especially at your age and experience so far in the gym.

To echo what has been largely said already, however, this really only works sustainably if you are driven intrinsically. If you are lookig to satisfy some other part of your life via muscle gain/body comp, you might want to turn to other resources to address those problems more accurately. If you want to lead a healthier, fuller lifestyle and will benefit from a more aesthetic body comp that motivates and lifts you up... just eat your food and workout hard. Don't over-think it at your age/level.