PDA

View Full Version : Post vacation macros

mnaughton94
07-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Im a dilemma in the macros topic however i
started my reverse diet 5 days b4 i went on a 4 day vacation that consisted of having terrible food the entire time and little exercise while also drinking liquids that were water... im 23 years old and down a 100 lbs in about a year and a half. This was not always proper dieting but now i know enough to do it the proper way. I was in probably about a 1000 calorie deficit for about a year and that caused my metabolism to diminish. I was eating 150 carbs before i started the reverse and so my 2nd week i bumped it up to 170 post vacation i have no idea what to do. Do i jump back down to 150 and restart or stay at 170 until the water weight drops? Probably managed to gain fat in those days as well hopefully less than 3 lbs. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

ErikTheElectric
07-26-2017, 08:48 PM
Start by telling us what your goals are first.

mnaughton94
07-27-2017, 06:33 AM
Well i wanna sit at about 215lbs i weighed myself this morning and im currently 225. When i left i was at 213. I just wanna be able to eat 300-400g of carbs a day and not gain weight. I wanna eventually start getting stronger again. With the low amount of carbs ive been eating its tough to get through a 2hr workout feeling weak with little energy. Thanks for replying!

chamelious
07-27-2017, 07:07 AM
its tough to get through a 2hr workout

Why are you doing this? Its "tough" for anyone not full of drugs to do anything meaningful in the gym for that long.

Ghawk21
07-27-2017, 07:10 AM
Well i wanna sit at about 215lbs i weighed myself this morning and im currently 225. When i left i was at 213. I just wanna be able to eat 300-400g of carbs a day and not gain weight. I wanna eventually start getting stronger again. With the low amount of carbs ive been eating its tough to get through a 2hr workout feeling weak with little energy. Thanks for replying!

I would just pick things back up where you left off. Water weight will return to normal over the next few days. Also what workout are you doing that takes 2 hours? No workout should take that long unless you're resting too long between sets/exercises or socializing/being on your phone. There's a number of great workout templates here in the stickies and they all take around 1 hour or so to complete.

mnaughton94
07-27-2017, 07:14 AM
Well the actual lifting is probably about an hr but i do 30 mins of cardio and i also do about 15 mins of abs

mnaughton94
07-27-2017, 07:16 AM
I mean i rest but not very long. I dont socialize bc i dont like anybody that goes to this gym. Waiting for people that are using the equipment i want to definitely factors into the equation.

Ghawk21
07-27-2017, 07:19 AM
I mean i rest but not very long. I dont socialize bc i dont like anybody that goes to this gym. Waiting for people that are using the equipment i want to definitely factors into the equation.
Fair enough, are you able to do cardio on off days instead to cut down on total gym time? Also abs probably don't need 15 mins, could easily cut it back to 1-2 exercises per workout.

mnaughton94
07-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Well the routine im following is a body building routine so i actually only do 1 rest day a week and its either saturday or sunday depending on the work schedule. Mon-fri i lift then either saturday or sunday is a rest day with no gym time and the other is just 25 mins of cardio