PDA

View Full Version : Should I cut or bulk?

skinnyfinland
07-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Hey guys,

As you read this is about cutting or bulking.
I'm a young female, I weigh 53kgs and I'm 170cm tall. My bodyfat percentage is probaly something 20%.
I know that bulking does make sense to my Kind of person, But the problem is that I'm Kind of skinny fat. My legs are soft and a bit of jelly. And my stomach isn't fat But it isn't like "washboard" flat. And I'm scared that a bit of bulking (about 2500 calories) will make me even more fatter. I have to eat about 2500 calories to bulk, otherwise if I eat around 2300 calories, I mostly will lose weight.

So can anyone advice me What should I do?

AdamWW
07-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Hey guys,

As you read this is about cutting or bulking.
I'm a young female, I weigh 53kgs and I'm 170cm tall. My bodyfat percentage is probaly something 20%.
I know that bulking does make sense to my Kind of person, But the problem is that I'm Kind of skinny fat. My legs are soft and a bit of jelly. And my stomach isn't fat But it isn't like "washboard" flat. And I'm scared that a bit of bulking (about 2500 calories) will make me even more fatter. I have to eat about 2500 calories to bulk, otherwise if I eat around 2300 calories, I mostly will lose weight.

So can anyone advice me What should I do?

What is your actual age?

20% for a female is already fit/lean/athletic... not stage-ready shredded maybe but very very healthy. 'Skinny Fat' is pretty unlikely if you're actually 20% as a girl/woman... that's similar to what 12-13% would be on a guy.

You should not be cutting if you're under 18, or frankly I wouldn't recommend cutting if you're below 21 unless you have a health or competitive (ie - sports, etc..) reason for doing so.

gbullock32
07-26-2017, 02:54 PM
What is your actual age?

20% for a female is already fit/lean/athletic... not stage-ready shredded maybe but very very healthy. 'Skinny Fat' is pretty unlikely if you're actually 20% as a girl/woman... that's similar to what 12-13% would be on a guy.

You should not be cutting if you're under 18, or frankly I wouldn't recommend cutting if you're below 21 unless you have a health or competitive (ie - sports, etc..) reason for doing so.Definitely agree here, especially if female dipping below 20% or so can even lead to health issues and possible menstruation issues at even lower body fat levels.

skinnyfinland
07-26-2017, 03:52 PM
I'm under 18 years old. My goal is to grow muscle and get lean and toned. I do 3x HIIT and 4-5x weight training and I walk on the rest days.

gbullock32
07-26-2017, 03:55 PM
I'm under 18 years old. My goal is to grow muscle and get lean and toned. I do 3x HIIT and 4-5x weight training and I walk on the rest days.Eat to grow, you're in the prime development years and should not eat in a deficit; it can hamper puberty to do so. Eat enough to keep growing and progress on lifts and improve athletic performance.

skinnyfinland
07-26-2017, 05:07 PM
I've earlier experienced for overweight, so I have this fat layer on my body. It's not much, But it could be less in a healthy way. So is there any way How I can grow muscle without adding fat? And to tone myself.

gbullock32
07-26-2017, 11:12 PM
I've earlier experienced for overweight, so I have this fat layer on my body. It's not much, But it could be less in a healthy way. So is there any way How I can grow muscle without adding fat? And to tone myself.You 'tone' by building enough mass to support cutting later; now you need to eat to grow. Grow the muscle now while you are primed to do so, just keep gain slow but eat enough to keep gaining and progressing on lifts.

WitYoChestBoa
07-26-2017, 11:17 PM
What is your actual age?

You should not be cutting if you're under 18, or frankly I wouldn't recommend cutting if you're below 21 unless you have a health or competitive (ie - sports, etc..) reason for doing so. listen to this guy he has the right idea. Stop worrying about the fat and start bulking. Just gain at a slow steady pace and fat gain won't be a problem.

WitYoChestBoa
07-26-2017, 11:18 PM
You 'tone' by building enough mass to support cutting later; now you need to eat to grow. Grow the muscle now while you are primed to do so, just keep gain slow but eat enough to keep gaining and progressing on lifts. this too