PDA

View Full Version : When is the right time to compete ?

readyable
07-24-2017, 05:27 AM
Thoughts on this please . I've been training three or four years now and feel like I could have something to offer, but something in me is just saying that's just a dream or a being competition ready is state you'll never actually reach. I guess that's what we call doubt! How long were y'all lifting before competing ?

teambreed
08-08-2017, 05:51 AM
Thoughts on this please . I've been training three or four years now and feel like I could have something to offer, but something in me is just saying that's just a dream or a being competition ready is state you'll never actually reach. I guess that's what we call doubt! How long were y'all lifting before competing ?

Take the plunge. Everyone is different. I've seen new lifters ready to compete in as little as 6 months. Some others never make it or aren't very serious. You should do it. Find a smaller local show and jump in. It's a great experience

readyable
08-21-2017, 04:05 PM
Take the plunge. Everyone is different. I've seen new lifters ready to compete in as little as 6 months. Some others never make it or aren't very serious. You should do it. Find a smaller local show and jump in. It's a great experience

Thanks man, I think you're right. Setting myself a goal for 2018.

Cheers :)

LAV88
09-12-2017, 03:19 PM
With any sport I would advise to start as soon as possible to get use to the psychological pressure of being on stage and how daunting it is. I think stage presence is something that is acquired through experience and obviously gaining more confidence.