PDA

View Full Version : What macros ? 5 days GYM at age 40

iam40
07-24-2017, 01:01 AM
Hi Good day.
I am totally getting confused with so many theories and contradictions, and want to stick to one from an expert and follow it for a long time.

Two months back, started 5 days split routine Gym + Cardio. (Mostly Activating each muscle group twice a week)
Shall continue it for next whole 1 Year before switching to full body 3 days/week routine.

Question.
I am looking for an approx macro (Protein/Carb/Fat) + fibers + micro nutrients.
Height 5.7 ft, Weight = 158 pound, Body Fat = Tried 3 points with caliper at home, but not sure (Mostly Belly Fat) not in hands or legs, will see more video to get correct BF

As a layman, and without any weighing scale,
i am only able to count that i am approx. taking Protein = 90 to 120gm now (natural, no supplements)
Not sure about proten, carbs and fats as per my goals.
as only on chicken breast boiled/grilled, egg whites, seeds, yogurt, slim milk, some olive oil, brown rice, veg broth, boiled veggies, boiled beans, lintel soup, natural extract juice, salad, fruits, nuts.

Please share macros for my age - repairs, doing gym and cardio.
No idead about my testestarone level, but sexually active
(Have limited it to 2 time/week) to save and build @lol, as read on blogs

GOAL#1: REDUCE BELLY FAT / CUT FAT OVERALL BODY FAT
GOAL #2: ADD SOME MUSCLE MASS / WANT TO BE LEAN / NOT TOO BULKY
GOAL #3: ACHIEVED - REDUCED FROM 84 TO 72 (12 KG) THROUGH DIET - VEGGIE AND JUICE BEFORE JOINING THE GYM.

Thanks for your time.
Will look forward for a precise answer...

Sushan

Heisman2
07-24-2017, 02:36 AM
Read the stickies here.

No reason to limit sex to 2x/week. There is some evidence withholding from sexual activity can increase testosterone but if I recall correctly no effect is seen unless you go a full week without sex and I don't believe this has ever been studied to see if there is a correlation with an increased performance in the gym or for body composition goals.

You can purchase a high quality kitchen scale off amazon.com for less than $30. It is worth it as a one time expense in my opinion.

Griddlelol
07-24-2017, 02:55 AM
I wish I could "limit" sex to twice a week. Damn.

Mikeez0
07-24-2017, 03:42 AM
You need certain amount of calories to be in a calorie deficit in order to lose weight.
Food choices aren't playing role. https://www.completehumanperformance.com/clean-eating/
0.8 protein per lb of bw, 0.45 for fats, rest calories as you prefer.

boo99
07-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Hi Good day.
I am totally getting confused with so many theories and contradictions, and want to stick to one from an expert and follow it for a long time.

Two months back, started 5 days split routine Gym + Cardio. (Mostly Activating each muscle group twice a week)
Shall continue it for next whole 1 Year before switching to full body 3 days/week routine.

Question.
I am looking for an approx macro (Protein/Carb/Fat) + fibers + micro nutrients.
Height 5.7 ft, Weight = 158 pound, Body Fat = Tried 3 points with caliper at home, but not sure (Mostly Belly Fat) not in hands or legs, will see more video to get correct BF

As a layman, and without any weighing scale,
i am only able to count that i am approx. taking Protein = 90 to 120gm now (natural, no supplements)
Not sure about proten, carbs and fats as per my goals.
as only on chicken breast boiled/grilled, egg whites, seeds, yogurt, slim milk, some olive oil, brown rice, veg broth, boiled veggies, boiled beans, lintel soup, natural extract juice, salad, fruits, nuts.

Please share macros for my age - repairs, doing gym and cardio.
No idead about my testestarone level, but sexually active
(Have limited it to 2 time/week) to save and build @lol, as read on blogs

GOAL#1: REDUCE BELLY FAT / CUT FAT OVERALL BODY FAT
GOAL #2: ADD SOME MUSCLE MASS / WANT TO BE LEAN / NOT TOO BULKY
GOAL #3: ACHIEVED - REDUCED FROM 84 TO 72 (12 KG) THROUGH DIET - VEGGIE AND JUICE BEFORE JOINING THE GYM.

Thanks for your time.
Will look forward for a precise answer...

Sushan

In regards to your age and Pro intake, there is evidence that a higher Pro intake for older lifters is best to effectively have a more optimal MPS response as it drops with age

Being older here, I consume 40g/Pro with each meal

Jorn Trommelen on this:

In addition, older adults have what we call anabolic resistance. They need more protein to get the same increase in MPS compared to younger adults. Therefore, since older adults need more protein to optimally stimulate MPS, they should aim for at least 40g of protein per meal if they want to maximize gains (Churchward-Venne, 2016). Most athletes and older adults do not eat 40g of protein at the majority of their meals to get the highest possible MPS rates, unfortunately.

See also:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23438221

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22313809