PDA

View Full Version : Macros look okay? High Protein

SteveMcs
07-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Hi all,
If it matters, i'm 191cm 88kg ~13%bf and goal is to bulk around 0.5kg per week to 100kg then re-evaluate.

I finished my cut a couple of weeks ago and I've been eating at maintenance since so that my body can get used to the increase in calories.

Using stickies, I have calculated..

BMR = 2022
TDEE = 3034
Bulk = 3434 (starting with a 400 surplus and will tweak this depending on speed of weight gain)

I originally intended this to be made up of
255g protein
90g fat
400g carbs

I put together my meal plan that i'm really happy with and it comes out as
268.3 protein
68 fat
405.2 carbs

I am fully aware that I do not need that much protein. However; excessive carbs make me bloated and feel ill and i'd rather have too much protein than too much fat.

1) Do them numbers look okay?
2) Is there any adverse effect of having too much protein?
3) Is my fat too low?

Thanks in advance

Mrpb
07-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Fat intake is too low. During bulking I'd go with 0.45 gram per lb as a minimum.

Probably no adverse effects of that protein intake.

dipatel13
07-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Are you using supplements to hit that much protein? If you are, your wallet would definitely take a hit.

SteveMcs
07-20-2017, 10:22 AM
Fat intake is too low. During bulking I'd go with 0.45 gram per lb as a minimum.

Probably no adverse effects of that protein intake.

That's what I was aiming for before, i'll see if I can get to that. Thanks

Are you using supplements to hit that much protein? If you are, your wallet would definitely take a hit.

I have a mass gainer shake as breakfast that gives me 30g and a post-workout protein shake that gives me 41g. The rest is made up from mostly chicken breast and mince beef.

All in, it works out as £37.14 per week for food and supplements.

Mrpb
07-20-2017, 10:29 AM
i'm 191cm 88kg ~13%bf

Are you sure that's correct? Those are quite advanced stats. Just checking, as people on these forums often underestimate their body fat %.

However; excessive carbs make me bloated and feel ill and i'd rather have too much protein than too much fat.

You could try to incorporate low fiber carbs such as white rice, white bread, potatoes. They can help you feel less bloated.

dipatel13
07-20-2017, 10:33 AM
I have a mass gainer shake as breakfast that gives me 30g and a post-workout protein shake that gives me 41g. The rest is made up from mostly chicken breast and mince beef.

All in, it works out as £37.14 per week for food and supplements.

Mass gainers are a waste of money. You could make your own shake that is more nutritious instead.

SteveMcs
07-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Are you sure that's correct? Those are quite advanced stats. Just checking, as people on these forums often underestimate their body fat %.

You could try to incorporate low fiber carbs such as white rice, white bread, potatoes. They can help you feel less bloated.

Body fat is an estimate from a personal trainer friend.. I would say i'm 13-15% though.

I have actually done that already without realising it. Through my cut, I moved my carb sources over to mainly white rice and potatoes and felt MUCH better for it. I had no idea it was the fiber content. Thanks for the info

SteveMcs
07-20-2017, 10:41 AM
Mass gainers are a waste of money. You could make your own shake that is more nutritious instead.

I used to do the whole make it myself ordeal and had something like, protein, oat flour, peanut butter, banana and milk in a blender but I find it so much more convenient to just put powder and milk in a shaker and drink it in car on way to work

dipatel13
07-20-2017, 11:05 AM
I used to do the whole make it myself ordeal and had something like, protein, oat flour, peanut butter, banana and milk in a blender but I find it so much more convenient to just put powder and milk in a shaker and drink it in car on way to work

It takes less than 5 minutes to make and you get more nutrients from a homemade shake. Why wouldn't you do that instead of drinking a shake basically of cheap sugars?